• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [tr...]

• [st...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi edro,

getting off benzos is no easy thing, all of us have had our lives changed due to these pills, you are not alone , we go through the same pains, no one is immune from withdrawls. Get your taper started and just give yourself a chance to recover and eventually you shall be off the benzos.

Ok could anyone reply me back what you think is a safe taper plan from 3 1mg tablets at bedtime by the way my pills are 1mg I know everyone is different but i just want a good gueusstimate my body is ill as i saidf before so i want to take it fairly slow HOw should i cut these 1mg pills up Thank you.

[b3...]

hi edro,

I'm not sure how you'd cut the 1mg tablets but hang on someone will be by shortly to help you out

Good Luck with your taper it can be done I'm tapering off of klonopin also just try and relax I know that seems difficult but just TRy............keep us posted with your taper :thumbsup:

Ok could anyone reply me back what you think is a safe taper plan from 3 1mg tablets at bedtime by the way my pills are 1mg I know everyone is different but i just want a good gueusstimate my body is ill as i saidf before so i want to take it fairly slow HOw should i cut these 1mg pills up Thank you.

If you cut one of the 1 mg pills in 1/4s, you will get 4 - 0.25mg pieces.  You can start your taper by reducing your total daily dose by 0.25mg to 2.75mg/day and hold for a week or two.  We'll help you figure out the rest as you go. Eventually, you will probably need to get the 0.5mg tablets or switch to titration in order to make smaller reductions, but 0.25mg should be okay for a while.  Let us know how you are doing. 

I know it's hard getting started because there's so much fear but once you get a few cuts under your belt, you will feel more confident about the whole process.  :thumbsup:

I respect everyone who has replied to me,I am just going to vent for a bit.I am a single 29 year old male and I live in a small Kentucky town.I am already having angona pains and all the other symptoms I already posted,so I am not getting ariound like I should.I noticed no physical problems until I quit paxil and all hell has broke loose i have lost 28 lbs this year.I just hope and pray that my body and mind can handle this taper.I think that when i quit the paxil that is when the klonopins depressive effect took hold and that was a year ago I have a lot of friends but i dont get out much anymore mainly becuse i urinate about once every 20 minutes.I KNOW that the klonopin is harming me but I dont know if withdrawal will be worse than this I dont think I could get much worse then this.Iwant my life back.I only sleep about 4 hours a night and that is with the klonopin.Man I wish Professor Ashton lived next door to me.I have moved back in with my parents,but I am determined to get my life back and I think getting off the klonopin is the only answer.Thank You guys please keep replying. .

Hi Edro,

I have not replied to you before as I'm not on the board much these days - I drop by once every couple of weeks to update my progress log and that's about it.

I won't pretend that I know what you're going through because only you know the reality of what is happening to you right now. What I do know is that you will recover, that it will take time and that you will get your life back.

You are fortunate to have friends and family that care and that you found this place.

You are right when you say that getting off the klonopin is the answer - I can't say it will be easy but it is the right thing to do and you can do it.

I wish only good things for you in 2009,

Lynne

Hi edro,

Just remember that starting your taper will be your first step towards eventually getting your life back.  You can and will do this.  You will need to ask your doctor for the .5 mg tabs.  I wrote out a taper plan and presented it to the doctor.  As you get lower on your dosages the .5 mg tabs will allow you to make smaller cuts.  Keep a positive outlook and fight the negative thinking.  You will get there.

Patty  xo

Hey edro,

A belated Welcome to BenzoBuddies! I have been out of town on vacation with my family. I was just reading thru your thread and wanted to share with you. I just got done (yesterday) with tapering off of 2mg of klonopin. I was in tolerance to the 2mg for about a year and it was terrible. I actually started having days when I feel pretty normal after about my 2nd cut. I have experienced tolerable withdrawal symptoms on each of my cuts; no two have been the same. Let me encourage you by saying that you CAN taper successfully and I think you will feel better as you begin to taper off the benzo. Beeper gave you a great start in cutting your 1mg pills into fourths (.25mg) and cutting by that amount every 7-14 days. I started out with the 1mg size pills, but got a prescription for the .5mg pills, so I could cut them in fourths and do the .125mg cuts. Maybe your dr. will give you a prescription for the .5mg pills as well?? Know that you are not alone and that many on here have finished their taper and are doing really well. This can be done and having a positive and determined attitude will take you a long way. We're here to cheer you on in your journey to benzo freedom and anytime you need to vent, we are here for you....

Lori :smitten:

I respect everyone who has replied to me,I am just going to vent for a bit.I am a single 29 year old male and I live in a small Kentucky town.I am already having angona pains and all the other symptoms I already posted,so I am not getting ariound like I should.I noticed no physical problems until I quit paxil and all hell has broke loose i have lost 28 lbs this year.I just hope and pray that my body and mind can handle this taper.I think that when i quit the paxil that is when the klonopins depressive effect took hold and that was a year ago I have a lot of friends but i dont get out much anymore mainly becuse i urinate about once every 20 minutes.I KNOW that the klonopin is harming me but I dont know if withdrawal will be worse than this I dont think I could get much worse then this.Iwant my life back.I only sleep about 4 hours a night and that is with the klonopin.Man I wish Professor Ashton lived next door to me.I have moved back in with my parents,but I am determined to get my life back and I think getting off the klonopin is the only answer.Thank You guys please keep replying. .

Hi edro,

Even if it did get a little worse, and I'm not saying it will, getting off the Klonopin is the only way to get better.  And to get better you have to go through the wd/healing process, it's the only way out, and then you will have your life back.  :)

The frequent bathroom trips will lessen and you will get your life back.  :)

TS

I took my taper plan in with dates and amounts right to the end to my doctor when I was going to request the 0.5mg tablets.  I also took some of the information from the Ashton Manual about the need to do a slow taper.  Since I wasn't asking for more lorazepam, but the same or fewer milligrams but in a different form, it was no problem.  Go prepared and stay positive and confident.  :thumbsup:

I am also concerned for my health,because of my past iv drug use,i fear a heart attack or seizure.Something i havent mentioned is that my doc usually gives me 5 refills per script but for some odd reason he called in my last script without any refills,that is troubling me.

Hey edro,

Did you decide to split your dose into taking it two or three times a day, as opposed to taking the whole amount once at night? Just need to know to help you out with your taper schedule.

Hey edro,

Did you decide to split your dose into taking it two or three times a day, as opposed to taking the whole amount once at night? Just need to know to help you out with your taper schedule.

Well, that's annoying. I just posted the start of a schedule for you and it has disappeared.  :o (Lori - valium is okay 1x/day )

Okay, one more try.  First, I can't write out a detailed schedule nor do I know how to calulate one to take a year.  You can write one out for yourself using 2009 dates and put in what dose you plan to drop to on a certain date, generally every 2-3 weeks.  You'd be within the 10% recommendation to reduce the first few times by 1/4 of a 1mg tablet (0.25mg).  When you get down to 2.25mg/day, you might want to make smaller reductions and this is when you'd need the 0.5mg tablets.  Here's an example for the start of a taper but you should adjust it however you want to:

Jan. 1:    3mg/day

Jan 15:  2.75mg/day (begin reduction of 0.25mg every 2 weeks)

Jan 30:  2.50 mg

Feb 13:  2.25mg

Feb 27:  2.125mg  (begin reduciton of 0.125mg every 2 weeks)

Mar 13:  2.0 mg

.... and continue this way to -0-.

Hope this helps.  ;D

Hey edro,

I was about to start you on a schedule, then I scrolled down to check something and that Beeper already made a great one for you (thanks, Beeper)! Let us know when you begin your taper. You can do this and we will be here to support you!

wHAT DO i DO IF I CANT GET THE.05s?

At some point, you may want to switch to titration. It's easy to make very small cuts with a 1mg tablet that way.  That's at least a month away, though, so don't even worry about it.  One day at a time, edro.  :thumbsup:

Hi edro,

You sound just like me at the beginning of my benzo w/d journey.  I know it can sound confusing at first.  It even took me awhile to figure out how to calculate my cuts on the calculator (benzo brain fog).  I took sheets of typing paper and made a 15 day grid to take to the doctor.  I put the date and time of my dose in each box.  I had enough room to write down the symptoms I was experiencing and days that I had 'windows' (for my own use).  I did a pretty fast taper because I was having an adverse reaction to the Xanax.  Write in the boxes the dose of your klonopin that you will be taking daily.  If you are cutting every 2 weeks write down that next cut and continue with that dosing every 2 weeks.  If you show this schedule to the doc he may realize that you need the .5 mg tabs.  You may have several pages to show him but that is OK.  At least he will have an idea where you are coming from.  Of course you could make a smaller grid, too.  If you have any other questions just let us know.

Patty  xo