• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [tr...]

• [st...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Is klonopin the most dangerous benzo to come off of?

I don't know what you mean by dangerous. It has a longer half-life than Ativan or Xanax, making it somewhat easier.

Hi edro,

Did you give it a thought about taking the Klonopin 3 times a day?  Coming off a benzo is not dangerous if you do a slow enough taper.  By the way, I was able to cut my Xanax into 1/8's using a pill cutter and then a straight-edged razor.  You may waste a couple of tabs until you get the hang of it.

Patty  xo

When i take any during the day now i get more depressed,and so fatiged i used to take it in the morning before work,now my body is weaker becuse i have lost a lot of weight,but i may start taking some during the day if it will help the process.I go to the gp thursday to try to get the .05s wish me luck.

WHY DID THE DOCTORS DO THIS TO US?

Because doctors and our government representatives are bought and paid for by the pharmaceutical companies!!

CAN ANYONE EVER REALLY RECOVER AFTER BEING ON KLONOPIN FOR 7 YEARS?

Yes, edro they can...I was on for over 9.  There is life after klonopin and withdrawal.

You will get better...you must hang in there and stay strong.  There is no other way off this junk.  :smitten:

TS

I did cut a fourth of one of my pills 9 days ago i really dont feel any different then before .

HI Edro,

I think I have "relative withdrawal", according to the post from Colin.  I was only on the Xanax for seven weeks max and did not really taper at all, because my dose was so small to begin with.  I started taking less towards the end of taking them, but I was developing withdrawal symptoms about two-three weeks in and did not know it.  I did not learn of any of this until a couple of months after stopping the xanax.  I was very inexperienced with taking anything, it was my first and only experience with benzos. 

Hang in there,

Tammy

:) hello edro my friend  :mybuddy: i have been reading some of your post the answer is you will heal you will get better it will take time but this is doable hang in there you are going to have good days and bad but when it is all said and done things will be better,,you are tough you are strong and yes you can do this..have a blessed day my friend  :mybuddy: you are in my thoughts and prayers.have a blessed day today and always..

God bless you and keep you always and may you find peace and rest in him.

hugs  :hug:

sherry

I AM HAVING SEVERE IMSOMNIA,I KNOW PEOPLE SPEAK AGAINST SLEEP AIDS BUT I THINK I MIGHT HAVE TO TAKE VALERIAN WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK MAN I AM WEAK AND FATIGED I MUST HAVE SLEEP AND I HAVENT EVEN TAPERED MUCH.

I use sleep aids sometimes, edro.  I have more luck with melatonin, but I have used valerian root as well as tylenol pm.  However, I've seen others post that those things that helped made them worse.  There probably isn't anyway to know ahead of time, so just take a minimum amount and build up slowly is my advice.  Good luck.

:) Edro i sent you a PM got check your mail..have a blessed night my friend..

god bless you always

hugs sherry

Well i have good news for the first time,my doctor did agree to give me the .05s. when it is time to fill them at the end of the month.

Well i have good news for the first time,my doctor did agree to give me the .05s. when it is time to fill them at the end of the month.

Yah!!  :smitten:

I have been worrying a lot lately because when i was an iv drug user i contacted the antibody to hepatitis c which is a liver attacking virus but they did a viral load test which tests for the presence of the virus in ones blood and they found no active infection and my doctor told me that i was lucky and my body had fought off the virus but i have read medical literature that says you can still have it ,so i started fearing cirrhosis i had an ultrasound done and it was normal,i had 3 tests last year to check my liver enzymes and they were all normal,this would make most people happy but i still worry :-\

The worrying/obsessing about our health/money/family/ is part of the wd symptoms.  It's not rational and we know it's not rational, but we still do it.  You've had quite a few test and if something was wrong one of them would have caught it.  I think you are worrying needlessly over this, try to calm yourself down about it.  Being anxious and stress makes the symtpoms worse, which makes the stress worse....it's a vicious cycle that you have to work on to break it up.

Hi Ed, IMO you should do everything you possibly can during these times. I think it helps the healing. Just be careful because you may be a little "off". Especially take care around machinery and motor vehicles. I find most of the time if I do things slowly that I do o.k. But I modify all my "activities" to accommodate my "handicaps" these days. :)

I need to help my father do some small farmwork,will this be possible during tapering and withdrawal?

It'll be a great distraction for you.  During wd we need to find middle ground in how we treat ourselves.  We need to do as much as we can so we can be strong when we get off this stuff but not so much that we hurt ourselves.  ;)

Do you think I will be ok doing a direct taper from klonopin because my doc will not do the valium crossover,I would be so glad to get my life back.