A return to benzos

[ev...]

Well Ivan,

I think the w/d is forcsure going on. At least you understand this. I know that's a small if any comfort, but knowledge is power.

Unfortunately, it must most likely be done. I'd just start on it. You're not on a tremendous dose either so that's good. I look into some other sleep agent to help you through this also.

Some person on another thread was mention Vistril which is Hydroxyzine HCL. I know absolutely nothing about this or tons of other stuff like this, but they were saying it really helped them with sleep. Might be worth a look into.

Intend

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ev...]

• [In...]

• [fi...]

• [JC...]

Hi Indigo

I was given up to 150mg of seroquel in a public hospital. The psychiatrists there were attempting to avoid giving me a benzo but much against my wishes I was transfered to a private hospital and my return to benzos started the next day with 1mg of Ativan. This was later raised to 2.5mg and later changed to 30mg of valium. 25mg did nothing for me and 150 mg Seroquel gave me amazingly erratic sleep. Thanks to the psychiatrist I am well and truly hooked on benzos again but thankfully I have been able to get down to 6mg Valium nad am tapering quickly as I have not taken much this time around and am hating the toxic impact of the drug. I managed to get some sleep on 6mg last night but my body aches all the time and burns in the morning. I may even cut again in a couple of days. It seems that my body is able to accommodate this at this stage but once problems set in if they do I'll slow down.

I am working with a psychologist with experience getting people off benzodiazepines.

Ivan

Hi Intend

A person who is visiting me from the hospital suggested I take Seroquel as well as Valium. But my objection to this is that I will not know what impact the valium is having on my sleep and it will make it more difficult to cut. And as I am already feeeling unwell all the time I don't want to add anything else with the potential to do me harm. It is kind of you to think of me, however.

Ivan

• 2 weeks later...

I really feel for you.

Please take into consideration that insomnia is also a side effect of benzos.

I wish you a gentle solution to your situation.

River