Listen to me- We are ALL going to make it.

[pa...]

Excellent find Dani!!  Positive, encouraging posts are a rarity as of late.  There are so many new members just beginning their journeys.  This is the mind set that helps so much along this difficult path.  Parker is a jewel.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Ru...]

• [be...]

• [pa...]

Thank you Dani . This was a wonderful and encouraging post from Parker . It deserves to be stickied up so it doesn't get lost again .

Hi Bright, Dove and Brave! I have a desire to read motivational posts not just in the “Success Stories” section of the forums (I know there is an Accentuate the positive forum too)... I honestly want to read something motivational in the Withdrawal and Post-Withdrawal Section too. We deserve a pick-me-up Read on our toughest days. We all keep it real here. We all are GOING THROOOUGH IT! We write about it, commune with each other, PM each other and can no doubt empathize/sympathize/identify with each other!...*SIGH*

For me (Just speaking for myself) I also want to make a conscious effort to be more positive, even if it’s just “I made it through another day”, when I post. Honestly, I want to be one of those buddies who you can clearly see a shift with each of my post. I am still fairly new, but I read A LOT and I rely on success stories, motivational postings and just good-ol fashioned encouragement from everyone here. Whether it’s direct OR from someone’s posting history. Believe it or not, all of our postings count toward progressive healing, no matter the rate and pace of healing! They can help motivate or, keeping it real, can really provoke fear and doubt. (Even mine my do this  :-\, it’s not on purpose though). BUT! It amazes me to see the gradual shift and change from people in the post who appeared to have no hope and then months and in some cases a year(s) (which is sometimes a challenge for me to accept) come back and they are the cheerleaders for the BB team saying “YOU WILL HEAL, I DID YOU CAN TOO”... When I go back over my posting history, I know there will be the days where I have kept it 100% real about the mental, physical and emotional challenges this whole ordeal has brought to my life. At the same time, moving forward when I post I want to trrryyyy to INTENTIONALLY do some self-encouragement, change some of my wording (withdrawal ➡️ Recovery, even though the recovery is long as heck) and spread it to us all...

So, my goal is...(and I may have to be reminded by buddies, like “Remember what you said Dani”)...that every time I post a 100% truth of pain, stress, emotional rollercoaster moments, I will try to also end the post with something, ANYTHING that is positive. Even if it’s “No spasms today” or “The nerve pressure was less today than yesterday”....You know why? Because there may be someone like me who is looking in the withdrawal or post withdrawal section looking for encouragement IN THE MIDST of it all. Not yet healed, but looking through post history to read about day to day progression. Through the waves and windows just needing motivation.

Anyway, this was long winded, lol, but I just needed to release. All I know is that I needed motivation, and to find it outside of the Success Stories forum was like a hidden gem/nugget. I’m going to look for more nuggets and BUMP!

All the best and respects to us all (short term, long term, protracted) taking this journey to RECOVERY day by day!  :thumbsup:

Dani B

Dani . A big welcome to our troubled little benzo world .  I love your positive attitude and comments. Keeping it real is what it's all about  Recovery from benzos is unique in that the time-line and process is so non-linear . It is crazy that one minute you can feel like a normal person and the next think that you are in some Hellish alternate universe . And you are right . Sometimes just making it through another day has to be enough. I try to live each day in the best way possible given the circumstances of the day . I begin by starting each day with gratitude for what I do have . Even on the worst days I can find at least five things to be positive about .             

So refreshing!  Thank you guys.  I am hitting my year off in a week or so.  What a c/t journey.  Good news with many improvements and hope restored for a full recovery.  I am saying this while in a mean spirited wave that crashed down after such a beautiful week long window.  It continues to be such a challenge to start the morning right...especially when ya feel like dung.  But it has been the key to setting the tone for the day...wave or window.  Gratitude has incredible power.

This post is from 7 1/2 years ago.  She must be fully healed by now.  Someone message her to come back and confirm for us this is true.

Hi Everyone,

Okay - so I want EVERYONE to listen to me.  I am going to list my ridiculous credentials, and then I want you to listen.  ;)

I am a normal, grounded person.  I have a Masters degree.  I am a teacher, was a therapist, and now I'm a mom.  I've gone through - in my lifetime - some instances of severe stress - and never experienced anything like I'm experiencing now, in recovery. I have no psychiatric background, and I have never used illegal drugs and have only ever been a twice-a-year social drinker.

WE are in the midst of recovery.  We can ground ourselves.  We are "okay".  These things that are happening are a normal experience for those in recovery.  We are going to improve and improve. And things are going to balance out.

We may have very good days, and we may have some hard times.  Some of the HARDEST times for those who have healed come RIGHT before they are just "done". It can take several months of a great window after the WORST wave for someone to realize that the window is an open door. But this happens.

I have been at this 6 months.  You've been at this ___ days, weeks, months. It may take us 2 years. It may not. BUT IF IT DOES, WE will go on to LIVE and MAKE IT during the next phase of recovery.  We may ride it all out on here together. We may see new folks come and old friends leave, but we are going to make it.

No matter how hard this gets, we can be here for each other.  The AVERAGE time for healing is 6-18 months. That means this can be a longer process than what we wanted it to be.  But it does mean that it ends.

I have written to the following buddies - they ALL said it goes away - or that the very worst symptoms go away - and even if you're left with something minor -it ain't nuthin.  :)

- offandrunning (klonopin - high dose - many years - healed in less than 2 years)

-bybymatrix (klonopin and ambien- high dose- healed in 15 months - a few other symptoms after that, but only physical -now healed)

-regaudio (klonopin - healed 7 months)

-revolutionblue (xanax, then klonopin and depakote - healed in a little more than a year)

-sunny71 (klonopin - healed a lot along the way - tons of healing - much better by 18 months)

-pattylu (valium  - healed in 8 months or so)

-jaso19 (valium - healed by 15 months but big healing at 7 months and a lot of healing along the way)

These are people who MADE IT.  There are SOME people at the VERY end of the success stories threads that were HEALED IN A MONTH OR LESS. Some in a few months or less.

Bliss Johns reports that she has at least 5000 stories from people who write her saying they are NEVER going to make it - and then she is always getting stories from them along the way that they are improving. She followed them and the result is always the same. Healed.

The crux of this is that we know we are going to heal.  We just need constant reassurance.  And that is a-okay.  :thumbsup:

If that is what we need, then that is what we need - everyday until we start to improve - everyday until it's done.

It's not an overnight process. But 2 years has 730-some-odd days. And so if it takes that long, it takes that long.

But we will still be here.  Until which time it happens, we are going to make it.

I was put on these medications becauase after the birth of my son, I had trouble sleeping.  Along the way, I was floxed with Avelox unknowingly, and still - I'm improving.  I can't tell I'm improving by compared today to yesterday. But I can tell if I compare today to January.  It's slow.  It's non-linear. It's unpredictable.  But it's happening. And healing is happening. And a final healing- one that is acceptable to me - is going to happen.  Perhaps I will have a leg twitch when it's said and done. :) But that is minimal. I can live with it.  And even so, that, too - will eventually go away.

We are tasked with only a few things:

- Hold on to one another for love and support

- Take care of our physical bodies the best way we know how

- Distract with anything that we enjoy - We are to be comforting ourselves as much as possible. This is healing.  And a broken leg needs tender care.  A nervous system in healing needs tender care, too.

- Reach out to one another when we need it.

- Allow acceptance to wash over us - and let this happen.

This last one is by far the hardest. Of course it is!  :tickedoff:  :D

But if we sit, quietly, loving our bodies, loving them through this experience, we CAN let it pass over us, wash over us - allow it to happen.  Relax knowing it is happening.  Relax in the mind, even when our bodies are symptomatic.  Relax in our mind, where we have a VERY STRONG knowledge, that we are okay.  Relax in our mind, where we know we are going to heal given just enough time.  Relax and not resist it.  Relax and let it wash over.  Let it wash over and through.

The way out of this is just doing this, day after day, until we are through it.  Day after day, we are here for one another, and will continue to be.  Day after day, things change. They improve.  They improve. They stumble, and still - they improve.

It is only a matter of time - YOUR time - OUR time - until we are finished and can look back with the satisfaction that we, too, have made it.  3 days, 4 months, 16 months, 5 weeks, 23 months. Whatever it takes, it will pass.

Today - be still and know it's happening. Let it wash over you as you take a shower. Let it wash over and force a smile. 

It is happening.  It will have a final end.  And it is only a matter of time.

5000 people is a lot of people.  We take a deep breath together, and accept that we are almost done.  We are almost done.

One more day.  One more day at a time.

I love you all,

:)Parker

Worth reading...over and over.  Thanks for bumping this!

• 4 months later...
[22...]
Its hard to believe that this will end 30 months off and still just a few windows during this time. I am still really sick.  :-\

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
"We may have very good days, and we may have some hard times.  Some of the HARDEST times for those who have healed come RIGHT before they are just "done". It can take several months of a great window after the WORST wave for someone to realize that the window is an open door. But this happens."

Respectuflly it takes many much longer than 2 years. many suffer for 7+ years but i see where you are coming from and applaud your compassion

Respectuflly it takes many much longer than 2 years. many suffer for 7+ years but i see where you are coming from and applaud your compassion

try not to look at it like that we are all playing Russian roulette hoping the next day will be easier than the last. You’ll only scare people here saying 7 years like that.

What a super post. Want to bump this up so more people will read it and be encourage!! Thank you for taking the time to craft such a readable and helpful message!  :thumbsup:

My goodness. Great post. I printed it out just so i can read it from time to time for inspiration. I may even put it up in a frame. Just right on the money and i agree with you. Once again thank you and God bless.

• 1 month later...