Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Listen to me- We are ALL going to make it.

[pa...]

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Ru...]

• [be...]

• [pa...]

This is excellent to hear especially when going through the rough patches/waves. It's so easy to lose perspective and think were permanently broken but many have come and gone thinking and feeling the same way we all do/did. We will heal. In our time and ways we will heal.

Thanks Parker,good positve,real,post.I really appreciate your experience and info you bring to the table!!!wen :) :)

• 1 year later...

thank you. but  I have something in the back of my mine that is  bothering me. 

I was put on  9 rounds of antibiotics.  I was alright until I had surgery and after surgery I had  anxiety. ok I dealt with it.  them when I had a reaction to an antibiotic, I beliv this was the oth or 9th one. I had severe anxiety/adrenaline surges.

I was but on a benzo.  now I am 15.5 months out now  but  suffer from these  surges. they are not as bad as in acut but still uncomfortable.

I am concerned if this is what is coming back..

This is a great post and fills me with such hope. I know it was written a long time ago but it is inspiring. Especially when I read through the signatures and realize everyone suffering when this was written has healed since then. Thank you for posting this.

I so needed to read this. Thank you Parker - you're truly inspiring!

Hi Everyone,

Okay - so I want EVERYONE to listen to me.  I am going to list my ridiculous credentials, and then I want you to listen.  ;)

I am a normal, grounded person.  I have a Masters degree.  I am a teacher, was a therapist, and now I'm a mom.  I've gone through - in my lifetime - some instances of severe stress - and never experienced anything like I'm experiencing now, in recovery. I have no psychiatric background, and I have never used illegal drugs and have only ever been a twice-a-year social drinker.

WE are in the midst of recovery.  We can ground ourselves.  We are "okay".  These things that are happening are a normal experience for those in recovery.  We are going to improve and improve. And things are going to balance out.

We may have very good days, and we may have some hard times.  Some of the HARDEST times for those who have healed come RIGHT before they are just "done". It can take several months of a great window after the WORST wave for someone to realize that the window is an open door. But this happens.

I have been at this 6 months.  You've been at this ___ days, weeks, months. It may take us 2 years. It may not. BUT IF IT DOES, WE will go on to LIVE and MAKE IT during the next phase of recovery.  We may ride it all out on here together. We may see new folks come and old friends leave, but we are going to make it.

No matter how hard this gets, we can be here for each other.  The AVERAGE time for healing is 6-18 months. That means this can be a longer process than what we wanted it to be.  But it does mean that it ends.

I have written to the following buddies - they ALL said it goes away - or that the very worst symptoms go away - and even if you're left with something minor -it ain't nuthin.  :)

- offandrunning (klonopin - high dose - many years - healed in less than 2 years)

-bybymatrix (klonopin and ambien- high dose- healed in 15 months - a few other symptoms after that, but only physical -now healed)

-regaudio (klonopin - healed 7 months)

-revolutionblue (xanax, then klonopin and depakote - healed in a little more than a year)

-sunny71 (klonopin - healed a lot along the way - tons of healing - much better by 18 months)

-pattylu (valium  - healed in 8 months or so)

-jaso19 (valium - healed by 15 months but big healing at 7 months and a lot of healing along the way)

These are people who MADE IT.  There are SOME people at the VERY end of the success stories threads that were HEALED IN A MONTH OR LESS. Some in a few months or less.

Bliss Johns reports that she has at least 5000 stories from people who write her saying they are NEVER going to make it - and then she is always getting stories from them along the way that they are improving. She followed them and the result is always the same. Healed.

The crux of this is that we know we are going to heal.  We just need constant reassurance.  And that is a-okay.  :thumbsup:

If that is what we need, then that is what we need - everyday until we start to improve - everyday until it's done.

It's not an overnight process. But 2 years has 730-some-odd days. And so if it takes that long, it takes that long.

But we will still be here.  Until which time it happens, we are going to make it.

I was put on these medications becauase after the birth of my son, I had trouble sleeping.  Along the way, I was floxed with Avelox unknowingly, and still - I'm improving.  I can't tell I'm improving by compared today to yesterday. But I can tell if I compare today to January.  It's slow.  It's non-linear. It's unpredictable.  But it's happening. And healing is happening. And a final healing- one that is acceptable to me - is going to happen.  Perhaps I will have a leg twitch when it's said and done. :) But that is minimal. I can live with it.  And even so, that, too - will eventually go away.

We are tasked with only a few things:

- Hold on to one another for love and support

- Take care of our physical bodies the best way we know how

- Distract with anything that we enjoy - We are to be comforting ourselves as much as possible. This is healing.  And a broken leg needs tender care.  A nervous system in healing needs tender care, too.

- Reach out to one another when we need it.

- Allow acceptance to wash over us - and let this happen.

This last one is by far the hardest. Of course it is!  :tickedoff:  :D

But if we sit, quietly, loving our bodies, loving them through this experience, we CAN let it pass over us, wash over us - allow it to happen.  Relax knowing it is happening.  Relax in the mind, even when our bodies are symptomatic.  Relax in our mind, where we have a VERY STRONG knowledge, that we are okay.  Relax in our mind, where we know we are going to heal given just enough time.  Relax and not resist it.  Relax and let it wash over.  Let it wash over and through.

The way out of this is just doing this, day after day, until we are through it.  Day after day, we are here for one another, and will continue to be.  Day after day, things change. They improve.  They improve. They stumble, and still - they improve.

It is only a matter of time - YOUR time - OUR time - until we are finished and can look back with the satisfaction that we, too, have made it.  3 days, 4 months, 16 months, 5 weeks, 23 months. Whatever it takes, it will pass.

Today - be still and know it's happening. Let it wash over you as you take a shower. Let it wash over and force a smile. 

It is happening.  It will have a final end.  And it is only a matter of time.

5000 people is a lot of people.  We take a deep breath together, and accept that we are almost done.  We are almost done.

One more day.  One more day at a time.

I love you all,

:)Parker

Not trying to burst anyone's bubble.  Someone bumped this which is great.  Just to let you know I responded to it more than 2 years ago.  It has been more than three years off of benzos, I am still not healed.  I know I will make it someday but sometimes the timeframe is not necessarily what you had initally hoped for.  Again  not trying to be a downer, that's why I stick mostly to protracted board.  Just keep doing what seems reasonable and you will get there, I know someday I will too.

Not trying to burst anyone's bubble.  Someone bumped this which is great.  Just to let you know I responded to it more than 2 years ago.  It has been more than three years off of benzos, I am still not healed.  I know I will make it someday but sometimes the timeframe is not necessarily what you had initally hoped for.  Again  not trying to be a downer, that's why I stick mostly to protracted board.  Just keep doing what seems reasonable and you will get there, I know someday I will too.

Do you ever talk to Parker? I spoke with her some months ago but she hasn't been on in many months.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been off 27 months and am still struggling.  I can definitely relate.g yy

I thought that at 2 years I would have this far behind me. That is discouraging but as time goes by I do notice some improvement. I passed the 3 year mark about a month ago. I am still experiencing some symptoms from time to time. It doesn't keep me from doing most things but it does cause some stress. Knowing that these symptoms are a result of the medication does help in dealing with the discomforts. In the last month I have been hit with a number of symptoms that I thought were in the past. Reading Parkers remarks is pretty much what my wife said to me. She said that this could be the finale. I hope that is true! I do hope that I will be going through an "open door" rather than a window and feel 100% normal.

:smitten:

This brought tears to my eye's and I thank you for this.  What a beautiful encouraging letter to us all ~

I'm not giving up and will print this letter out to read when feeling defeated.

Thanks again,

Love to all ~  :angel:

Parker,  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ENCOURAGING WORDS.  I HAD TEARS IN MY EYES READING IT.  Wow....Besides my husband, you are the most encouraging!!!.....Don't go anywhere.......keep encouraging us.  I was on Clonzapam for 8 years, did a safe taper, been off since June 2017.  Now I am tapering off of Amitriptyline  on for 8 years.  My sleep or lack of, is my biggest issue.  But,  it has to get better, right?    Our brains and bodies do heal, right?  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Everyone,

Okay - so I want EVERYONE to listen to me.  I am going to list my ridiculous credentials, and then I want you to listen.  ;)

I am a normal, grounded person.  I have a Masters degree.  I am a teacher, was a therapist, and now I'm a mom.  I've gone through - in my lifetime - some instances of severe stress - and never experienced anything like I'm experiencing now, in recovery. I have no psychiatric background, and I have never used illegal drugs and have only ever been a twice-a-year social drinker.

WE are in the midst of recovery.  We can ground ourselves.  We are "okay".  These things that are happening are a normal experience for those in recovery.  We are going to improve and improve. And things are going to balance out.

We may have very good days, and we may have some hard times.  Some of the HARDEST times for those who have healed come RIGHT before they are just "done". It can take several months of a great window after the WORST wave for someone to realize that the window is an open door. But this happens.

I have been at this 6 months.  You've been at this ___ days, weeks, months. It may take us 2 years. It may not. BUT IF IT DOES, WE will go on to LIVE and MAKE IT during the next phase of recovery.  We may ride it all out on here together. We may see new folks come and old friends leave, but we are going to make it.

No matter how hard this gets, we can be here for each other.  The AVERAGE time for healing is 6-18 months. That means this can be a longer process than what we wanted it to be.  But it does mean that it ends.

I have written to the following buddies - they ALL said it goes away - or that the very worst symptoms go away - and even if you're left with something minor -it ain't nuthin.  :)

- offandrunning (klonopin - high dose - many years - healed in less than 2 years)

-bybymatrix (klonopin and ambien- high dose- healed in 15 months - a few other symptoms after that, but only physical -now healed)

-regaudio (klonopin - healed 7 months)

-revolutionblue (xanax, then klonopin and depakote - healed in a little more than a year)

-sunny71 (klonopin - healed a lot along the way - tons of healing - much better by 18 months)

-pattylu (valium  - healed in 8 months or so)

-jaso19 (valium - healed by 15 months but big healing at 7 months and a lot of healing along the way)

These are people who MADE IT.  There are SOME people at the VERY end of the success stories threads that were HEALED IN A MONTH OR LESS. Some in a few months or less.

Bliss Johns reports that she has at least 5000 stories from people who write her saying they are NEVER going to make it - and then she is always getting stories from them along the way that they are improving. She followed them and the result is always the same. Healed.

The crux of this is that we know we are going to heal.  We just need constant reassurance.  And that is a-okay.  :thumbsup:

If that is what we need, then that is what we need - everyday until we start to improve - everyday until it's done.

It's not an overnight process. But 2 years has 730-some-odd days. And so if it takes that long, it takes that long.

But we will still be here.  Until which time it happens, we are going to make it.

I was put on these medications becauase after the birth of my son, I had trouble sleeping.  Along the way, I was floxed with Avelox unknowingly, and still - I'm improving.  I can't tell I'm improving by compared today to yesterday. But I can tell if I compare today to January.  It's slow.  It's non-linear. It's unpredictable.  But it's happening. And healing is happening. And a final healing- one that is acceptable to me - is going to happen.  Perhaps I will have a leg twitch when it's said and done. :) But that is minimal. I can live with it.  And even so, that, too - will eventually go away.

We are tasked with only a few things:

- Hold on to one another for love and support

- Take care of our physical bodies the best way we know how

- Distract with anything that we enjoy - We are to be comforting ourselves as much as possible. This is healing.  And a broken leg needs tender care.  A nervous system in healing needs tender care, too.

- Reach out to one another when we need it.

- Allow acceptance to wash over us - and let this happen.

This last one is by far the hardest. Of course it is!  :tickedoff:  :D

But if we sit, quietly, loving our bodies, loving them through this experience, we CAN let it pass over us, wash over us - allow it to happen.  Relax knowing it is happening.  Relax in the mind, even when our bodies are symptomatic.  Relax in our mind, where we have a VERY STRONG knowledge, that we are okay.  Relax in our mind, where we know we are going to heal given just enough time.  Relax and not resist it.  Relax and let it wash over.  Let it wash over and through.

The way out of this is just doing this, day after day, until we are through it.  Day after day, we are here for one another, and will continue to be.  Day after day, things change. They improve.  They improve. They stumble, and still - they improve.

It is only a matter of time - YOUR time - OUR time - until we are finished and can look back with the satisfaction that we, too, have made it.  3 days, 4 months, 16 months, 5 weeks, 23 months. Whatever it takes, it will pass.

Today - be still and know it's happening. Let it wash over you as you take a shower. Let it wash over and force a smile. 

It is happening.  It will have a final end.  And it is only a matter of time.

5000 people is a lot of people.  We take a deep breath together, and accept that we are almost done.  We are almost done.

One more day.  One more day at a time.

I love you all,

:)Parker

Thanks Parker! You are so right. The fear takes out all objectivity. We will all heal.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...