My Journey

[ma...]

Margrita

Not sure where to put this but hope you can help here. I am concerned that having an anti depressant will make it harder to get off. Many of the success stories just appear to be from people who were only on a benzo with no other meds. I can see you also had an ad - did you taper off that later? Thank you MP

MP,  I tapered my AD  not long after benzos, it wasn’t easy coming off Remeron but wasn’t as bad as my benzo withdrawal.

Thank you M

Did your agoraphobia and intrusive thoughts stay with you throughout your taper? I have put a question up on the board about it as well?

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Margrita

Not sure where to put this but hope you can help here. I am concerned that having an anti depressant will make it harder to get off. Many of the success stories just appear to be from people who were only on a benzo with no other meds. I can see you also had an ad - did you taper off that later? Thank you MP

MP,  I tapered my AD  not long after benzos, it wasn’t easy coming off Remeron but wasn’t as bad as my benzo withdrawal.

Thank you M

Did your agoraphobia and intrusive thoughts stay with you throughout your taper? I have put a question up on the board about it as well?

Thank you

M- can you advise here? Despite having a few good weeks all the feelings have come back again.

When you worked out what was wrong with you on the computer dud you have any good days or just bad ones? I an starting to worry that u will not lift back up from this one.

Thanks MP

Its great that you had some good days,  My taper was rough,  I didn't have any really good days and it was quite a while in recovery before symptoms started to ease a bit.    Some symptoms went and were replaced by new ones.  It was around the 16 months off mark when I had a window of a few hours, that gave me the hope and strength to get me through the following few months.

Keep on going, you have to accept its going to take a while, keep moving forward and take it a day at a time. 

Magrita  :smitten:

You must have been incredibly strong ♥️

Its great that you had some good days,  My taper was rough,  I didn't have any really good days and it was quite a while in recovery before symptoms started to ease a bit.    Some symptoms went and were replaced by new ones.  It was around the 16 months off mark when I had a window of a few hours, that gave me the hope and strength to get me through the following few months.

Keep on going, you have to accept its going to take a while, keep moving forward and take it a day at a time. 

Magrita  :smitten:

• 3 months later...
Amazing story, you managed to stand firm and strong, and today you are reaping the fruit of your persistence. I am sure that your story will serve as motivation for many people, including me, God bless you  :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

Amazing story, you managed to stand firm and strong, and today you are reaping the fruit of your persistence. I am sure that your story will serve as motivation for many people, including me, God bless you  :thumbsup:

Thank you for reading and for your kind words dear BraveMan, I hope my story helps many others who have to suffer this dreadful ordeal.

I look forward to reading your success story in the near future.

Magrita :smitten: