My Journey

[ma...]

Hi M

I feel like I am in a similar situation to you and have a pysch appt on Wednesday. I am sure it is the benzos but I know they will try to up the AD.

Did you continue to taper through your symptoms? I am feeling so low just now and cannot really see the correct way to go.

X

Hi M

I feel like I am in a similar situation to you and have a pysch appt on Wednesday. I am sure it is the benzos but I know they will try to up the AD.

Did you continue to taper through your symptoms? I am feeling so low just now and cannot really see the correct way to go.

X

Hello Miss piggy

I am sorry you are feeling low, I can imagine what you are going through my friend.  It will get better eventually, the waiting is awful.  Remember there is an end to all this, you will recover just as I did.    Yes I continued to taper, I tried waiting it out, but nothing much happened so decided to keep on moving forward.    I had reached tolerance a long time before I started my taper, I think thats the reason I never stabilised.

Stay positive, I know its easy said but try and distract best you can!  Good luck at the psych appointment, lets know how you get on.

Magrita :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Magrita, how long did you feel bad for including the taper? I’m 39 months off zopiclone, was forced to CT so no taper. Did you feel AD’s prolonged your withdrawal symptoms? They seem help lot people , but I had adverse reaction to them, GP kept insisting they need time to work, wondering if I prolonged the withdrawal. Physical symptoms eased, but mental won’t shift😠

Hi M

At the meeting they decided to move all the benzo Tem and Dia over into one med Dia. I have now done the crossover to 16mg.

How did you proceed from there with your taper?

I have got myself in a bit of a tizzy as I feel tired and anxious.

MP

Hi M

X

Hello Miss piggy

I am sorry you are feeling low, I can imagine what you are going through my friend.  It will get better eventually, the waiting is awful.  Remember there is an end to all this, you will recover just as I did.    Yes I continued to taper, I tried waiting it out, but nothing much happened so decided to keep on moving forward.    I had reached tolerance a long time before I started my taper, I think thats the reason I never stabilised.

Stay positive, I know its easy said but try and distract best you can!  Good luck at the psych appointment, lets know how you get on.

Hi Magrita, how long did you feel bad for including the taper? I’m 39 months off zopiclone, was forced to CT so no taper. Did you feel AD’s prolonged your withdrawal symptoms? They seem help lot people , but I had adverse reaction to them, GP kept insisting they need time to work, wondering if I prolonged the withdrawal. Physical symptoms eased, but mental won’t shift😠

Hi Leann

I am sorry you are having a tough time, you will come through it!    My recovery was 2 years but I had reached tolerance level and was suffering before I started my taper.  I was struggling for over a year in tolerance, then another year tapering, so I was 4 years or more suffering, its a long time.  I had a tough time coming off the A/D, I don't think it helped me much, we are all different!.

Stay positive, take it a day at a time.

Magrita  :smitten:

Hi M

At the meeting they decided to move all the benzo Tem and Dia over into one med Dia. I have now done the crossover to 16mg.

MP

Hi Miss Piggy

I hope you are okay,  I followed Ashtons method until I got down to the lower doses,  about 4 mgs, then I slowed right down.  You will be okay, you can do this.

You should taper according to how you feel!, listen to your body.  Its not a race, I would go with whatever feels comfortable.

Stay Positive

Really struggling. Think I may be in the same position as you were at the start of your taper. Did you just taper despite all your awful symptoms? I am at a really low point. Not sure if holding much longer is going to work. X

Hi M

MP

Hi Miss Piggy

I hope you are okay,  I followed Ashtons method until I got down to the lower doses,  about 4 mgs, then I slowed right down.  You will be okay, you can do this.

You should taper according to how you feel!, listen to your body.  Its not a race, I would go with whatever feels comfortable.

Stay Positive

I reached tolerance level, MP I believe that's the reason I had problems stabilising, no matter how long I held!  I chose to keep moving forward regardless, but that was me,  I suffered.  I would not encourage anyone to do what I did.

Really struggling. Think I may be in the same position as you were at the start of your taper. Did you just taper despite all your awful symptoms? I am at a really low point. Not sure if holding much longer is going to work. X

Hi M

MP

Hi Miss Piggy

Stay Positive

Thank you M.

I am now thinking that may have happened to me. I was having quite big dips before while sitting at the same amount. Maybe adding in the diazepam equivalent of temezepam has made it worse.

I reached tolerance level, MP I believe that's the reason I had problems stabilising, no matter how long I held!  I chose to keep moving forward regardless, but that was me,  I suffered.  I would not encourage anyone to do what I did.

Hi M

MP

Hi Miss Piggy

Stay Positive

Thank you for your story. You are a inspiration!    :smitten:

Thank you for your kind words Dieseltje, I look forward to reading your success story one day.

Magrita big hugs 🤗 I loved reading your story. Thank you for all that you do for us as administrator. ❤️

Magrira

Did you have intrusive/obsessional thoughts as well in tolerance?

I feel very depressed, agoraphobia, ruminating and another bunch of symptoms.

Thank you

Hi M

MP

Hi Miss Piggy

Stay Positive

Magrita big hugs 🤗 I loved reading your story. Thank you for all that you do for us as administrator. ❤️

Thank you LadyDen, it’s so nice of you to say that. Big hugs back at you  :hug:

Magrira

Thank you

Hi Miss Piggy

I had a myriad of symptoms in tolerance,  depression was one, but I think the agoraphobia and intrusive thoughts began while tapering.

Magrita  :thumbsup:

Thank you. Did you just continue to taper through those feelings?

I tapered then stopped then tried to start tapering again and intrusive thoughts and agoraphobia arrived. Despite trying to put both benzos together (temezepam and diazepam) the thoughts have continue 24/7.

Thank you - I am just so confused at what to do

Magrira

Thank you

Hi Miss Piggy

I had a myriad of symptoms in tolerance,  depression was one, but I think the agoraphobia and intrusive thoughts began while tapering.

I didn't have any option but to keep on moving forward, holding for 3 or 4 weeks, did not change anything, so I did what I felt I had to do at the time.  Titration would have been an option but I'd not heard of it at that point, if I had, I probably would have tried, but not sure it would have made any difference to me.  I was determined to be free, I kept on moving forward, It was tough but I made it.

As long as you are going in the right direction, you will make it eventually :smitten:

I tapered then stopped then tried to start tapering again and intrusive thoughts and agoraphobia arrived. Despite trying to put both benzos together (temezepam and diazepam) the thoughts have continue 24/7.

Magrira

Thank you

Hi Miss Piggy

Thank you M

Did you feel worse and worse as you tapered down or did it stay similar?

My nurse here says she wont let me taper till I am more stable but I dont see that coming and I just want to get on with it.

I didn't have any option but to keep on moving forward, holding for 3 or 4 weeks, did not change anything, so I did what I felt I had to do at the time.  Titration would have been an option but I'd not heard of it at that point, if I had, I probably would have tried, but not sure it would have made any difference to me.  I was determined to be free, I kept on moving forward, It was tough but I made it.

As long as you are going in the right direction, you will make it eventually :smitten:

Magrira

Thank you

Hi Miss Piggy

Thank you M

My nurse here says she wont let me taper till I am more stable but I dont see that coming and I just want to get on with it.

It stayed pretty much the same throughout .  We are all different, it might not be that way for you.  Slow and steady is the best way, try not to go backwards.

Good Luck

The nurse wont let me go backwards or forwards. She says to stick till I am stabilised. I just dont know what to do. How do people manage these awful feelings and hide them from others? Sorry so many questions. Distraction is not helping today

Thank you M

It stayed pretty much the same throughout .  We are all different, it might not be that way for you.  Slow and steady is the best way, try not to go backwards.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

Margrita

Not sure where to put this but hope you can help here. I am concerned that having an anti depressant will make it harder to get off. Many of the success stories just appear to be from people who were only on a benzo with no other meds. I can see you also had an ad - did you taper off that later? Thank you MP

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I needed to hear this today. I am living in the unknown if I will be able to safely taper Clonazepam off of refills that have been sent to the pharmacy after being told my doctor would no longer be writing me a prescription. It’s that or I have about 7 days left to be then cold Turkey. It’s truly agony- the not knowing. I’ve been without before and could not leave the house and shoot, couldn’t be in the house either although that would be the safer situation. I know all too well what this poisonous drug does at an abrupt stop. I tried reaching out to my doctor to see if those refills would stay valid but never heard back. Now they are there at the pharmacy and I don’t want to draw more attention to it in case they’ve just overlooked cancelling them. I’m not going to be able to go month to month not knowing for sure. I NEED a plan. We all crave some control after all. So I would be happy with at least a month. In a perfect World all 5 refills that are currently there would ensure the safest outcome. How am I supposed to plan a taper like this? Ugh. I didn’t even mean to get into my story. Im sure that’s not how this works.

So again, just thank you so much for staying here for so long to provide a positive outlook. I will do just the same one day. Some day.

Respectfully,

Me

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I needed to hear this today. I am living in the unknown if I will be able to safely taper Clonazepam off of refills that have been sent to the pharmacy after being told my doctor would no longer be writing me a prescription. It’s that or I have about 7 days left to be then cold Turkey. It’s truly agony- the not knowing. I’ve been without before and could not leave the house and shoot, couldn’t be in the house either although that would be the safer situation. I know all too well what this poisonous drug does at an abrupt stop. I tried reaching out to my doctor to see if those refills would stay valid but never heard back. Now they are there at the pharmacy and I don’t want to draw more attention to it in case they’ve just overlooked cancelling them. I’m not going to be able to go month to month not knowing for sure. I NEED a plan. We all crave some control after all. So I would be happy with at least a month. In a perfect World all 5 refills that are currently there would ensure the safest outcome. How am I supposed to plan a taper like this? Ugh. I didn’t even mean to get into my story. Im sure that’s not how this works.

So again, just thank you so much for staying here for so long to provide a positive outlook. I will do just the same one day. Some day.

Respectfully,

Me

Hi theNewMe,

If you'll put this post on the Withdrawal Support (during your taper) board I'm sure you'll get some suggestions to help you with your issue.

Pamster

Margrita

Not sure where to put this but hope you can help here. I am concerned that having an anti depressant will make it harder to get off. Many of the success stories just appear to be from people who were only on a benzo with no other meds. I can see you also had an ad - did you taper off that later? Thank you MP

MP,  I tapered my AD  not long after benzos, it wasn’t easy coming off Remeron but wasn’t as bad as my benzo withdrawal.

Respectfully,

Me

Hello Me

I’m glad my story helped you today.  I am sorry about your situation at the moment. You are right about the agony of not getting these meds, most have experienced that awful feeling.    Well  its going to be wonderful for you, when you don’t have that worry anymore.      I am sure one day, you too will be a success, and will go on to help others, hopefully in the not-too-distant future.    Have you been looking for another doctor, you might find one, who will support a slow taper. 

Have you posted questions on the taper boards, and  this Klonopin members support thread.    I am sure one of the klonopin members will be able to give you sound advice and support.   

Klonopin Klub

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Magrita :thumbsup: