Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Hi, I think I'm addicted to Klonopin

[su...]

I'm going to bed before I collapse. I'm going back on titration tomorrow. Oh god what an experience. I think I hit rock bottom and then I went up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/beeper0002/BBuddies/double_bounce.gif

Glad that piano didn't drop on your head afterall.  ::)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/beeper0002/BBuddies/animated_piano.gif

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [su...]

• [Be...]

• [el...]

• [Th...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm down to lik 9ml. I feel very depressed-fallout from all of the vicodin I took?

It will pass, I know. Not saying I want to go this route, but has anyone taken anti-depressants successfully after their taper and gotten off without any problems? Is that even possible?

Down to 9ml! That's great!!  :thumbsup:

You've been through a lot lately, starting with that auto accident, so I'm not surprised you are feeling down. Actual clinical depression is something long-lasting and pervasive.  I personally wouldn't try an anti-depressant unless I was so depressed for so long I couldn't function.  There are just too many possible side effects IMO.

You've been through a lot lately, starting with that auto accident, so I'm not surprised you are feeling down. Actual clinical depression is something long-lasting and pervasive.  I personally wouldn't try an anti-depressant unless I was so depressed for so long I couldn't function.  There are just too many possible side effects IMO.

Thank you. I have this overwhelmed, trapped, nothing to look forward to feeling. As much as I don't want to, I'm leaning my on-break bf. He seems more than willing and understanding so I'm going to just go with it. I wasn't depressed before all my medical issues with the hormones and the klonopin. This is definitely driving me to a point of non-functioning and wanting to sleep and no interest in anything so hopefully it will pass.

I would very much appreciate a pep talk about how my CNS is causing this and I'm not insane and I will feel better

Thank you. I have this overwhelmed, trapped, nothing to look forward to feeling. As much as I don't want to, I'm leaning my on-break bf. He seems more than willing and understanding so I'm going to just go with it. I wasn't depressed before all my medical issues with the hormones and the klonopin. This is definitely driving me to a point of non-functioning and wanting to sleep and no interest in anything so hopefully it will pass.

I would very much appreciate a pep talk about how my CNS is causing this and I'm not insane and I will feel better

Hi Sugarlily,

I too have experienced the feelings of not wanting to do anything and having no interest. This is very common with withdrawal. It is like an emotional rollercoaster, you will have up and down days! Just hold on, it will get better!!

T2 :smitten:

This is straight from Prof. Ashton, sugarlily:

"Depression. Depression may be caused or aggravated by chronic benzodiazepine use, but is also a feature of the withdrawal syndrome. Depressive symptoms may appear for the first time after withdrawal, sometimes after a delay of a few weeks, and it can be severe and protracted for some months. It is not clear whether people who have had depression before, or have a family history of depression, are more prone to this complication, and its causes are not understood. As discussed in Chapters I and II, benzodiazepines disrupt the function of many neurotransmitters and hormones and depression could be the result, for example, of low serotonin activity combined with the stress of withdrawal. If severe enough to require definitive treatment, the depression in withdrawal responds to antidepressant drugs and/or cognitive therapy and usually diminishes gradually over 6-12 months."

She has a fairly lengthy discussion of anti-depressants in the manual, too:

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm#27

Hey, I had a good 7 hour period where I felt good yesterday. I had a glass of wine last night which was not good, I'm not on a self-destructive path, I just am fed up with not being "normal." Today is actually the 9 day mark. I think I feel worse after I take my dose of klonopin. Morning ick everyday. I've lost 3 pounds. It's hard going! I had a feeling the last few weeks would be tough. I'm taking St. Johns Wort for the depression and vitamin B.

I'm glad you got some sleep, sugar.  ;D  Lack of sleep alone brings me down fast.

You probably already know this, but be careful with any supplements or herbs.  Too much B vitamin can rev up symptoms for one thing.  If that and the St. John's Wort are helping you, that's great, no need to stop.  But if you start having a flare-up, you might want to stop at least the B vitamins.

I'm glad you got some sleep, sugar.  ;D  Lack of sleep alone brings me down fast.

You probably already know this, but be careful with any supplements or herbs.  Too much B vitamin can rev up symptoms for one thing.  If that and the St. John's Wort are helping you, that's great, no need to stop.  But if you start having a flare-up, you might want to stop at least the B vitamins.

The B seems to be calming me down during the day. I got super low dose kind because ya, it will rev me up otherwise. St Johns seems to be helping and I've only taken it 6 times or so which it's supposed to take a few weeks to kick in. Maybe I just think it's helping me?

Everything I'm experiencing sounds like normal withdrawal, I think/hope.

[af...]

Hi SL,

I just wanted to stop by and see how you were doing?...Wow your almost done

Thats great I was thinking about titrating and want to just not sure how long

my Dr. is willing to support my taper.

He actually wants me to do cuts at .25 weekly...LOL

he said other patients have done it before but I'm sure he hasn't

Well I go see him today and I'm telling him I've been cutting by 1/4 and thats even hard at times.

Be WEll,

Cathy

If you have enough pills, do a titration, I think it's the best way even with all the hell I've been through.

Well, I woke up with no adrenaline ick this morning, first time in well over a month. Probably a one time thing but it's nice.

Doing ok. Mornings aren't too great but the rest of the day is good. I haven't been sleeping and I can't figure out if it's from withdrawals, too much B vitamin or I'm PMSing. I should be done on Friday

Doing ok. Mornings aren't too great but the rest of the day is good. I haven't been sleeping and I can't figure out if it's from withdrawals, too much B vitamin or I'm PMSing. I should be done on Friday

:laugh::yippee:;D:yippee:;D

Wow Sugar, I didn't realize you were so close! The sleep thing, I believe, is probably due to all of the above. It will settle down.  :)

7am was my last dose. I'm feeling it a little bit but not bad. Just sort of hyper. Glad to be off. I'll probably be reporting daily if there are new symptoms and I'd like to get back to posting in other people's threads.  :angel:

I think you will be amazed at how little difference there is from dropping that last 1ml.  If you feel a little nervous, it's probably psychological.  I am just so happy for you.   ;D  Going back and reading where you have come from is inspirational.  And going to school through it all.  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/beeper0002/BBuddies/youarethewoman.gif