Bioidentical progesterone cream causes withdrawal similar to benzo-

[do...]

Thank u for ur response mm74, r u referring to the hormones like progesterone and testosterone?

Also my t3 thyroid is lower than optimal, but that does run in My family, do u think that might be fixed after a few more months?

Thanks!

Coral, i tested hypo T during tapering wdwl & was rxd meds because my mother went severely hypo around my age, (no bz history for her). I did take the meds briefly but started to feel too hyper & stopped. My readings have been normal since around 6 months off & I dont need any meds.

Thank u everyone! Thank u Ihope!

Maybe I'll take the thyroid stuff like u for a little while b/c the little nit of remeron I've been on has made me gain some weight.

I was thinking to also take the little bit of testosterone for the weight gain as well.

And then stop it all after I'm off the Ad/remeron which will be in about 14 weeks.

Does that sound ok?

I know all that stuff runs in my family, etc.

The low progesterone definitely sounds like its low b/c of the benzo w/d. I would love to try it though but don't want to screw anything up with the benzo w/d.

I don't know about the thyroid hormones but I heard progesterone usually returns to what it was before benzos.

Mm

Mine hasn't and it's been almost 3 years off benzos.  I eat healthy, exercise very regularly...lost 30 lbs...I do everything they say to do to help hormones...but progesterone is still ridiculously low and estrogen isn't so much as high, it's just dominant compared to how low my progesterone is.

Hi sunny!

Wow, r u going to go on progesterone?

Have u tried it?

What about ur thyroid, how is it?

Thanks for ur post!

the body has to eventually come back into balance at some point. 3 years is still a pretty short time in benzo land. don't you think when everything is back in balance and the HPA axix has balanced itself that all the hormones should balance out? or does one have to do specific things like maybe go on a thyroid? does benzo withdrawal make women early perio and menopausal? this really sucks. i'm hoping for the former.

I am here to tell ya after using that Progesterone I was so bad I had to reinstate benzos.... so here I am...on benzos again !!!!  I would NEVER  take it again.... and WISH I one b4 hand NOT to  :o !!! As long as I have been on benzo forums I have seen MANY women in bad shape from it....  all the stories seem to be the same. Also there are studies showing women who were never on benzos having to be weaned and it causing anxiety etc :idiot:

Thank u so much meljo!!! I read one of ur old posts! I'm sorry to hear about all this!

Have you heard anything about people taking bio identical testosterone for bio identical thyroid? Thank you so much! Bless you!

I am here to tell ya after using that Progesterone I was so bad I had to reinstate benzos.... so here I am...on benzos again !!!!  I would NEVER  take it again.... and WISH I one b4 hand NOT to  :o !!! As long as I have been on benzo forums I have seen MANY women in bad shape from it....  all the stories seem to be the same. Also there are studies showing women who were never on benzos having to be weaned and it causing anxiety etc :idiot:

Meljo- were u taking a bio identical progesterone hormone? If so at what dose and did u take it everyday?

Before u started what did ur blood work show were ur progesterone levels?

Thanks!

I am in touch with 3 women who took the stuff and 2 of them took klonopin and xanax for a couple of weeks to get through. 2 of them have told me that they have not felt the same since going through the ordeal. The 3rd woman is back on the progesterone and in a heck of a mess. She is so messed up yet afraid to come off of it. I had to up dose my klonopin as I said previously and it makes so mad!  Like I said if you go to askapatient.com and click on progesterone you will find so many who have had terrible experiences with it. If I had had any idea of the dangers or that it worked on the GABA receptors I would have never ever touched it! You have to dig deep online to find the cons of the hormone and as it promoted as a wonder hormome. There is money to be made. I did not even take the cream. I took a compounded sublingual form. I have been on estrogen and testosterone for years before, during and withdrawal. I have never had a problem until I added in the progesterone.

Thanks Dana, I am not going to take the progesterone.. but I did try the testosterone last night and I took one of the thyroid pills this morning.. I feel a little wired in my head, I think it's from the thyroid med.. I don't think I'll take it if it makes me feel wired.. I don't need that right now that is for sure..

What type of testesterone do you take? Is it a cream that is inserted in the girl area.. I didn't sleep the best last night from it.. I slept some but I did sweat... did you or do you find it affects you the same?

Thanks, C

Cora,

I seem to do fine on the testosterone. It is a sublingual and it is combined with my estradiol. I take it twice a day. Same dose morning and night.  It does not interfere with my sleep. :)

That is good to hear... I took the thyroid stuff and feel wired from it. That is the last thing I need! So I'm not going to take it again.. Ugg and I was looking forward to some weight loss.

Remeron has messed my metabolism up and u've gained weight. :-(

Thank u Dana!

That is good to hear... I took the thyroid stuff and feel wired from it. That is the last thing I need! So I'm not going to take it again.. Ugg and I was looking forward to some weight loss.

Thank u Dana!

what kind of thyroid did you take? i am thinking about going on a thyroid.

Thank u Dana!

what kind of thyroid did you take? i am thinking about going on a thyroid.

Hi I took bioidentical t4 & t3 thyroid pill. Dr doesn't understand how I could feel that low of a dose. But I think I'm going to hold off on all that stuff until I'm off remeron and c if my hormones go back to normal. I think that medicine/remeron is the culprit! I never had these weight issues before!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok.. I need ya'lls advice.. so I went for a second opion onthe progesterone thing and sure enough they wanted me to start on a small dose 10mg.. I've taken it for 7 days in a row and I thought it was helping but last night before I took progesterone I had a heck of a lot of bad side effects.. i felt a little paniky, hot, spacey, etc.  I took my dose of progresteron and within 30 minutes I felt a little better.  Last night scared me, I felt like I was a drug addict and I need that drug and even when I took my AD (on a very minimal amount) I didn't even feel better.. which that never happens... I take a very small amount of remeron at night.. a quarter of the smallest dose pill.

Today I don't feel 100%, I feel spacey, I have some anxiety lingering, breathing issues lingering.. Hard to think straight, etc

So my question is did you all feel the same things?  How did you feel when you felt bad on bioidentical progesteron?

And Should I taper off of it, since I've taken it for 7 days, or should I just half it tonight and then drop it all together Friday night? Or drop it all together tonight and get it out of my system? 

I know last night I felt horrible!

someone did mention that Ad's and progesterone dont mix well.. maybe that's why I don't feel well b/c of the effects it's having with remeron.

that's amazing that you felt better within 30 minutes after taking the progesterone. i do hope someone else will chime in and answer your question as for now i have taken a few different kinds of progesterone and they all make me feel a little different. since they are all kinda different--i wouldn't have an answer if you should just come off or taper off it.

for me, i don't really feel the affects of the prometrium i am on and a little concerned about that as i heard that a lot of women really like it. i so wish i knew more about this topic. and i also wish that the being on benzo's and then being off benzo's didn't disrupt all the hormones so much but i think sadly they do quite a bit of disruption that takes a long time to balance out.

Hello, I decided to take it again.. I only took half though.. I think I'm going to move forward with it and give it some more time. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everone... I only took 10mg of bioidentical progesterone pill for 8 days... I got scared b/c of some people's posts on benzo buddies. :-( I feel Ias well as my dr feels I was on too small a dose.

Can anyone that has had great success on progesterone please post ur experiences.

Thank you! C

Progesterone works well for me, have taken it, (prometrium vaginally), while on benzos & continuing now 1 year off. I can start & stop it without any noticeable adverse fx.

So good to hear IHope!!  Thank you for posting!!  Do you take bioidentical cream? 

What were your levels when you were tested to deem you to have to go on it?  And then how much do you have to take each day.

Thank you so very much!

ihope,

i finally got my hormones tested--the ones we spoke of a long time ago. i get the results next week. i'm still using the prometrium vaginally as well, still no period but still only 88 lbs. do you think it's because of my weight or do you think i need the estradiol patch to balance things out. remember i was on the estradiol patch and prometrium and getting my period and then it stopped when i went off the patch.

Wow, yeah u r super thin so u won't get ur period b/c of that... U'll have to wit until u get ur results back but I bet that u will find u need both.

Did u slowly wean ur self off the hormones or did u cold turkey them?

Hope u r having a great day!

I haven't read all of the posts so i apologize if all this has been said, but.  Anytime you take hormones and then stop you can feel addicted because your body is out of balance, hasn't been producing it's own and needs time to heal.  Unfortunately, when on benzos or other meds, it makes it harder for the body to do this.  I am on testosterone and attempted to stop and unfortunately my natural production didn't increase fast enough and I crashed.  Estrogen is needed but can produce negative sides when it is not balanced with Progesterone.  I would expect that suddenly stopping progesterone would let the 'bad' side of estrogen to show through.  I guess in a way this makes you reliant on it, but some things are not bad to rely on.  It would be optimal if you could increase your own production of progesterone naturally, but sometimes that is not the case and if you have a good doc you can work that out.  Best wishes!

Hello cirerecrem- congrats on being benzo free.

Yes that is very true about hormones.. you have to slowly wean off of them...

I'm going to try to go back on the progesterone pill but at a higher level. :-) I read some posts on benzo buddies that scared me but everyone is different!

Had you heard any positive things on progesterone? 

Cheers!