Liquid Valium

[re...]

[e1...]

hey Mimi

congrats on the puppy as well i meant to say.  Guess what today i feel stable for the first time in a long time.  Im going to hold for another few weeks to give my cns a break i think thats wise.  I only have come of that huge dose 2 months ago so im going to have a break i think i need one.  Today no tears and did not even want to cry.  Still have some issues of course but overall think im doing pretty well.

Lizzyxx

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Ge...]

• [mt...]

• [Ti...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats great news Lizzy.  May be a good idea to hold a bit more and see if you can feel better.  You have really been through a rough spot.  SO happy to hear you are getting some relief.  Just amazing how these drugs effect us.  Remind yourself when and IF you hit another rough spot that you can and DID heal and you will continue to heal until your body is back to where it was when this all started.

Best wishes

Mimi

Hey Mimi

how have you been going.  Just writing a quick question for you.  I have only after all these weeks just stabilised.  I dont feel stable i feel very very fragile.  however im keen to get this underway.  in your opinion should i hold a bit longer to give myself a break or should i start the cutting now.  Was going to do a .2 cut.

Lizzy

Lizzy, I cannot believe the amount you tapered so quickly, you did really well, congratulations.

Down to 3 mg. tonight thanks to Mimi and micro-tapering!  Sleeping soundly at night and no effects during the day! :yippee:

Down to 3 mg. tonight thanks to Mimi and micro-tapering!  Sleeping soundly at night and no effects during the day! :yippee:

Great stuff.  :)

Oscar

HappyHealth that is wonderful!!!  Yes thanks to Mimi I too am micro-cutting

and doing well!  Keep moving forward!!!

Blessings and Happy Easter to all!

Pam

Proudpam-

Ive been thinking about you. Sounds like u are doing well. Any symptoms? I've been cutting out .02 mg daily for 2 weeks. No symptoms yet. I hope this continues. Happy Easter. I think I might be able to actually enjoy this holiday!

Mm74

Healthy happy-

Hi. I'm right behind you at 3.7mg. I'm feeling symptom free. How much are you cutting out daily? I'm cutting out .02mg. I also thank Mimi for showing us the way out!

Mm74

Thanks everyone!  I truly am Healthy and Happy!  I a cutting .02 a day...sometimes holding for a couple of days.  I can't believe it's almost over!  I'm at 2.98.  Just to get under the 3 is a joy!  Thanks so much to all of you. Without you, I'd be stuck in the doctor maze!  Many blessings to you!

Thanks everyone!  I truly am Healthy and Happy!  I a cutting .02 a day...sometimes holding for a couple of days.  I can't believe it's almost over!  I'm at 2.98.  Just to get under the 3 is a joy!  Thanks so much to all of you. Without you, I'd be stuck in the doctor maze!  Many blessings to you!

Awright! Under the 3 milestone.  The effects of the crap is definitely leaving your system.  Way to ggooooo.  CONGRATS

I've started a liquid taper off Lyrica, (disolve the caps in H2O).  When I get beyond the first several cuts, I'll be doing a MT.  Got my inspiration here.  :yippee: :yippee:

Btw.. take a look at my sig line..  In preparation, it's dated a couple of days ahead.  I can hardly wait.!!

Georgie

Healthy happy-

I saw u said that u held a couple times for a few days. What kind of symptoms were you having that made you hold. I'm new at the micro tapering. Only two weeks into it. I feel great but want to be prepared if things go down hill. Did your symptoms resolve after holding? Thanks for your help. It's so good to see someone succeeding at this tapering nightmare. I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps.

Mm74

Hi MM,..

I've had the same symptoms from the beginning--spasms as I fall asleep, inner organs jerking and full body jerks as well as twitching, and insomnia when  I made larger cuts.  I've had spasms a few times when micro-tapering and just to be safe, I held for two-three days.  That's all it took to stabilize.  I also had a big event a few weeks back, so I held for a couple of days to be sure that I would sleep the night of the event.  I realize that there is no rush and now that I don't feel it in the day anymore, I no longer have a sense of urgency.  It's like, ok, I have to take this nasty tasting junk every night, but thank goodness it is going down and I can think again. :)  Hope this is helpful.

Micro-tapering has taken all the drama out of it and I am very thankful for that! :yippee:

Hi Guys

So glad things are going well and you are getting your "sea legs" where titration is concerned.  I am happy to lend any support to you as it gives meaning to all I experienced and learned.  I have to send a big shout out to Jana at Benzodetoxrecovery website.  It was really her method that taught me to listen to my body and cut at a rate where symptoms were low or non-existent  I certainly modified it to my own deisre but the basic premise was Jana's.

So keep up the good work and take your time.  Let your body be your guide.  A 2-3 day hold every now and then is no big deal however if you find yourself holding more and more then you may need to reduce your cut. 

Hope eveyone has a wonderful Easter.

All my best

Mimi

I belong on this thread!

I finally got my doc (in Canada) to prescribe me a 1 mg/ml Diazepam oral solution.  (Generic Valium.)

I had to go to every pharmacy in town but the "Compounding" Pharmacy should be able to order it or make it from scratch.

I get my syringe from the free needle exchange program for free but it is 3 ml with 0.1 ml increments.  Since I am making only 0.1 changes it's ok for now.

I am not sure where I will get the 1 ml syringe with 0.01 markings.  That would be great if I could find that because I find the evenly cuts daily has eliminated my symptoms.  I started the taper at a time  I would have been doing a 10% ashton cut at 9 mg Valium.

I am only into it 2 weeks but in order to convince by doc to prescribe it I promised to stay on his 10% every 2 week schedule which means I have to go 2% a day. But it is totally working and I monitor for symptoms every day and still the window is wide open!  By the time I see the doc next, I will no longer need 5 mg pills!

He only prescribes enough between visits so I worry about the waste and coming up short between visits.  I draw enough to the midddle of the syringe and then tapp out the bubbles, squish out the air, then replace the excess until I reach an increment of about 2 (or 1 if less than 1).  Then I put my liquid dose (between 0.1 ml to 1.9 ml) into a cup of hot chocolate made with milk and drink it. The remainder goes back into the bottle and I cap it.  Then I rinse out the cup with milk and drink that too.  Putting 0.1 ml into my mouth off a teaspoon makes me think I will somehow loose it! I still use tabs but don't split them for greatest accuracy.

The liquid is so thick that it is hard to draw into the large bore needle that I use with the syringe.  i wonder where I can get a better syringe?

I get my syringe from the free needle exchange program for free but it is 3 ml with 0.1 ml increments.  Since I am making only 0.1 changes it's ok for now.

I am not sure where I will get the 1 ml syringe with 0.01 markings.  That would be great if I could find that because I find the evenly cuts daily has eliminated my symptoms.  I started the taper at a time  I would have been doing a 10% ashton cut at 9 mg Valium.

I am only into it 2 weeks but in order to convince by doc to prescribe it I promised to stay on his 10% every 2 week schedule which means I have to go 2% a day. But it is totally working and I monitor for symptoms every day and still the window is wide open!  By the time I see the doc next, I will no longer need 5 mg pills!

He only prescribes enough between visits so I worry about the waste and coming up short between visits.  I draw enough to the midddle of the syringe and then tapp out the bubbles, squish out the air, then replace the excess until I reach an increment of about 2 (or 1 if less than 1).  Then I put my liquid dose (between 0.1 ml to 1.9 ml) into a cup of hot chocolate made with milk and drink it. The remainder goes back into the bottle and I cap it.  Then I rinse out the cup with milk and drink that too.  Putting 0.1 ml into my mouth off a teaspoon makes me think I will somehow loose it! I still use tabs but don't split them for greatest accuracy.

The liquid is so thick that it is hard to draw into the large bore needle that I use with the syringe.  i wonder where I can get a better syringe?

Hi Memories,

I belong here too, been micro cutting for 32 days and still trying to settle in.  Glad it is working so well for you.

About syringes...go back on this thread to Mimi's recommendation.  The important one is a 1ml syringe.  I walked into CVS pharmacy and the lady there was willing to give me an entire bag of cheap 1ml oral syringes with 0.01ml marks for free, so maybe try your pharmacies.  But this was just so I could start.  I now have BD luerlok 1ml and 10ml syringes with needles...I like the needle...all around better and easier, don't particulary like having them in the house with kids, but it works.  It seems like a good syringe.  I bought it from Allegro Medical website.

I think it's terrible that your doc is pushing you...he should not be doing that.

What's up with the hot chocolate?  I would get rid of that due to both caffeine and sugar, esp the caffeine..avoid this to steer clear of trouble.  Great that you seem to tolerate it though.

I use ONLY whole tabs too...no more pill splitting here either.

Good luck and best wishes,

spatler

Hi Memories,

I walked into CVS pharmacy and the lady there was willing to give me an entire bag of cheap 1ml oral syringes with 0.01ml marks for free, so maybe try your pharmacies.  But this was just so I could start.  I now have BD luerlok 1ml and 10ml syringes with needles...I like the needle...all around better and easier, don't particulary like having them in the house with kids, but it works.  It seems like a good syringe.  I bought it from Allegro Medical website.

I think it's terrible that your doc is pushing you...he should not be doing that.

Hi Spatler.. you did nto get oral syringes with no needles? I get oral BD syringes at CVS, does leurlock mean the needle part?  My main syringe is the 10ml (I'm tapering Lyrica, dissolving in H2O.. will be looking to a MT), but the 10ml size CVS is giving out around here is amber, which is harder to read, and I've been less accurate that I need.  I just checked on Allegro Medical but they only sell cases.. maybe that is all they have in syringes without needles.  Oh well, just thought you might have some tips!.. btw.. you can read that tiny tiny print on the 1mls they give out.. yikes!

Memories.. you are tapering pretty fast, Spatler is right about your doc setting the pace.  Watch for symptom build up.

Georgie

I belong on this thread!

I finally got my doc (in Canada) to prescribe me a 1 mg/ml Diazepam oral solution.  (Generic Valium.)

I had to go to every pharmacy in town but the "Compounding" Pharmacy should be able to order it or make it from scratch.

Medi Supplies http://www.medisupplies.co.uk/

LOL.. that was a fast turnaround. I'm going to order some of those.  Has to be better than 'pan handling' for syringes at the pharmacists.. that are often not even the right ones! The quantity is right to as I'm going to be tapering into 2013 (GLUMP!)  :'(

Muchas Gracias,

Georgie 

Hi Spatler.. you did nto get oral syringes with no needles? I get oral BD syringes at CVS, does leurlock mean the needle part?  My main syringe is the 10ml (I'm tapering Lyrica, dissolving in H2O.. will be looking to a MT), but the 10ml size CVS is giving out around here is amber, which is harder to read, and I've been less accurate that I need.  I just checked on Allegro Medical but they only sell cases.. maybe that is all they have in syringes without needles.  Oh well, just thought you might have some tips!.. btw.. you can read that tiny tiny print on the 1mls they give out.. yikes!

Hi Georgie,

I hope you are still doing well.  To get what I wanted at Allegro I had to mix and match a bit... bought 20 or so BD luer lok 1ml and yes, had to buy a case of BD luer lok 10ml with needles.  Before I did this I called to confirm that the needle was INTERCHANGEABLE, which it was.  So I have WAY more 10ml's than I need but got plenty of needles...not perfect, had to spend a bit more, but it's my health.

When they say "luer lok" on any syringe I'm pretty sure they are all interchangeable...on mine I can twist it on and off between the syringes like a screw tip.  Very glad I got the needle.

Take care,

spatler

I take no other caffiene in the day and I use hot chocolate or my fake coffee (extracts of roasted barely rye, chicory, beet roots) to avoid tasting a drug I don't want to take and I beleive that milk is good to ensure it stays in solution when I drink it.  Actually I started with hot chocolate but switched to the fake coffee more often because it is easier to make quick.  I hate my son seeing me handle a syringe and I don't want him to wonder what that was all about when he gets older so I take that portion of my dose before he comes home from daycare.  And of course if I am drinking hot chocolate he wants it too!

I did realize that having hot choc everyday would become habit forming, so that is why I switched. I eat very healthy otherwise and make the hot choc from scratch, not the powdered forms so I control the sugar.  I did try taking it off a spoon and the syrup makes me want to gag.  So I think I will stick with my milky fake coffee, or even ovaltine? 

The syringes!  They are so expensive from the pharmacy!  I will ask the needle exchange if they have smaller ones when I exchange mine.  I think it is so funny to go there, because of course it is for the AID's patients hooked on Heroin but I am no different.  I am hooked on Benzos and I need a safe syringe.  But I work for the same health authority so the counseller already knew me, so ... a little awkward to say the least.  I use nail polish to help preserve the markings on the syringes.

I am going to spend one hour tomorrow calling every pharmacy to get a price on syringes and then see if I can find what I am looking for locally.  Hopefully the needle exchange does have a smaller one for those smaller cuts.  The increments of 0.1 ml can be eyeballed into ten increments too, to make 0.01 increments, so 1.44 is possible on my 3 ml syringe, this is something that I learned in College learning my chemical trade.

But for the final taper when I am only at 1 ml or less, then I will switch to the 1 ml with 100 increments.

You need the needle to be accurate at those doses, be sure to tap the air up and push the air out through the needle.  Don't just draw up what you need, draw a few ml more.  Then move it from one increment to the next, i.e draw up to 1.0 ml and then push out 0.4 ml if that is your dose and then put the rest back into your bottle.  That is the correct way to get the most acccurate cut.  If you draw your needed dose, you may have air in the needle and the last increment is never accurate.

[37...]
1.10 mg d. 4/8/12.  Cutting .10 mgs every week.  Just slowed this cut from .25 mgs every 2 weeks. 7/2010 started taper at 4.5 mgs k.

Hey Georgie,

I was just reading your post which said you are going to be tapering until 2013. This is your signature above. If you are cutting .1mg every week and you are at 1.1mg now, isn't that 11 weeks left?  I'm just a bit confused here.  :crazy:

Xana

Wow...bad night.  Seems like the micro tapering was going too fast, and it hit me.  Was going down .02 every night.....had been down at 2.9.  Then last night, i had that jerking when I was falling asleep.  Had to go to 2.96 go get it to stop.  Will stay here for a few days.  Everything had been fine until last night and then.....you never know when it will hit you!  Only slept four hours.  Have to go ever slower than I have been. :(