Liquid Valium

[re...]

Hello,

I am a recovering alcoholic with a number of years of sobriety under my belt. No cravings for it either. Is there much alcohol in liquid valium?

Thanks,

Edzo

There are 2 Liquid V formulations in the US.  The one most suitable for tapering is Roxane Diazepam Oral Solution 5mg=5ml.  There is no alcohol in this product.

I too am a recovering alcoholic, 27 years of sobriety, and this is the product I used.

But...for the record, the amount of alcohol required to dissolve valium  or other benzos is so tiny it is not significant.  I I had not had access to Rx liquid V, I would not have hesitated to use the vodka method.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Ge...]

• [mt...]

• [Ti...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my word :) I had completely forgotten about this post :)

Who would of thought that I would be sat here typing this.

Now 30 months benzo and drug free. Except for Vit D3  :)

Duckie :smitten:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hello builder :)

Remember me ;D I can remember the times that I would ask you questions and you were kind enough to reply as you have done to others.

I thank you for this :)

When I saw this as you know topics pop up that we have replied to.  I saw the title and thought what the **** ;D

Where does the time go. I am not out of the woods but getting there :) Time is a great healer.

So those of you that are still tapering or benzo free. It does get better.

One day at a time.

Duckie  :smitten: :smitten:

Does anyone know if liquid pharma valium is available in Ontario? Actually, one kind BBer has told me they were able to get some in S. Ont., but my pharmacist said not. I believe BBer for sure, but curious if others in Ontario found LV, and if so, where (in general)? Be great to find out some more info on this, so any replies much appreciated :thumbsup:!

• 2 months later...

Hi.

I am struggling seriously with interdose withdrawal in the liquid v 3 times per day. But I can't do dosing more frequently as I try to take it on an empty stomach. All my vitamins and minerals are extremely low so I have been trying to add those in which causes more stress on this whole taper. Any ideas if anybody is out there? Would appreciate the help. Someone I spoke with said liquid V was not as good as using the pills. Not sure what that means.

Thanks

Selah

I found that I needed to add the liquid v to water and then swallow. If I squirted it straight into my mouth it got absorbed sublingual and for some reason it was not equivalent to the pill dosage  when I took it that way. I dosed twice a day but now I dose just once a day.  Not sure how you are taking the Valium. I didn't have problems going to liquid from pills as long as dosed it with water and swallowed right away. I switched from pills and liquid quite a few times too during my marathon taper.

Hi mm!

I do take mine with water. I actually dilute it in water to make micro cuts. Taking my doses 3 times a day. I know a lot of people question dosing more than once or twice a day but I have read on here and other places that it is dependent upon your personal genetics and metabolism of the drug. I think it also has to do with "duration of action" of the Valium which can be quite short for some and which is different than the half life. I know some are dosing 4 times a day. Just wondering how on earth they do it consistently. I think my liver is messed up in some way. Depending upon what I eat prior to my dose make a huge impact o. How that dose "feels" for that part of the day. And I have consistently repeated tested my hunches out. So frustrating.

Do you take your doses with food or not?

You look like you are doing well! Congrats for how far you have come!!!!

Blessings

Selah

I do not take my dose with food and try to wait at least 30 minutes after food to take it. I agree it would be hard to dose 3 times a day away from any food. I have other health issues and feel pretty crappy every day so I can't tell what's what. I don't feel any different after I dose. I just know if I take too big of a cut or taper too fast I will feel worse. Thus, I'm going slow. Hope you can figure something out. I know other people that need to dose that often too.  :(

Yup, I'm in the multi dosing category myself. I'm trying to get down to 2 doses, but it is quite difficult. Only been at 2 doses per day for a few days now, so I want to fight through the anxiety to see if I can "train" my body.  For pills, I can take on an empty stomach. I need to take the liquid with some food already in my belly or I get a bit nauseous.  I'm a bit higher than you folks, but am just micro tapering .02 or .03 per day.

Best of Luck,

Ed