Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Pictures of your food please :)

[PE...]

[PE...]
Just now, [[J...] said:

NP I absolutely love chili and spicy herbs in most of my foods too 

Nice.. I believe chili is good for the system. I ate kilos of ginger when I was in acute to stop my vomit attacks

So I vomited ginger after awhile. Haven't touch the stuff since lol

[Kh...]
43 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

I eat alot of different peas and chickpeas i think the most. But often have some kind of meat with them except chicken, I don't eat chicken because of how they are treated. 

Many just warm tofu in the micro. I can see you did it proper :)

you make me hungry and i had dinner 2 hours ago lol.

We have free range chickens in California.   Expensive but humane.  🙏

• Like 1

[PE...]
2 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

We have free range chickens in California.   Expensive but humane.  🙏

That's a good thing.. I watched to many YouTube vids of it. But I eat eggs and so shame on me. I think it would be universal laws on how to treat animals. 

And i know us swedes have strict methods but not enough IMO.

• Like 1

[66...]
7 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Nice.. I believe chili is good for the system. I ate kilos of ginger when I was in acute to stop my vomit attacks

So I vomited ginger after awhile. Haven't touch the stuff since lol

Totally understandable NP. I wouldn’t want to ever have ginger again either 😂 

but since you’ve been able to cook and eat now, what’s your all time favorite 

[PE...]
Just now, [[J...] said:

Totally understandable NP. I wouldn’t want to ever have ginger again either 😂 

but since you’ve been able to cook and eat now, what’s your all time favorite 

Oh so you did my mistake and ate ginger on your acute?

That's a really hard question Jacky!

If I'm to making myself i think I would make my own pasta with a redwine sauce and wooked veggies. A couple of slices of garlic bread to dip in a chili mayonnaise sauce. 

I love whote sourdough bread! Very meaty and tasty. I'm no fan of toast bread. Just air.

What's your absolute fav Jacky?

[66...]
14 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Oh so you did my mistake and ate ginger on your acute?

That's a really hard question Jacky!

If I'm to making myself i think I would make my own pasta with a redwine sauce and wooked veggies. A couple of slices of garlic bread to dip in a chili mayonnaise sauce. 

I love whote sourdough bread! Very meaty and tasty. I'm no fan of toast bread. Just air.

What's your absolute fav Jacky?

That’s sounds so so delicious NP, wowza. I love sourdough bread.

im not in acute yet as I’m still tapering. 19 months tapering so far. 
my absolute favorite would be homemade pasta as well, my favorite would be what your favorite is. I love food ♥️

Edited by Guest

[Pa...]

I've never sauteed arugula, I'll have to try that. 

@[Ja...], how do you prepare the seitan, I've never tasted any I care for.

I love this thread, thanks @[ne...]!

[66...]
2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I've never sauteed arugula, I'll have to try that. 

@[Ja...], how do you prepare the seitan, I've never tasted any I care for.

I love this thread, thanks @[ne...]!

Hi Pam, I learned how to sauté arugula from a famous chef whose name I forgot.

I put extra virgin olive oil or even water I used and put a big handful of arugula with no salt or seasonings bc it doesn’t need it. It wilt’s quickly and I don’t let it wilt down completely and it taste phenomenal, it’s my favorite and I always have it on hand.  The seitan I cook rarely but when I do cook it I cook it with onions and garlic and red sauce over rice and veggies. There’s so many different ways to cook with it but I prefer legumes or tofu and nuts and seeds for protein. 

I love this thread. I can’t wait to see what others post. ♥️

IMG_3648.jpeg

IMG_3647.jpeg

Edited by Guest

[Gr...]

Hey BurnTheShips

here in the the Deep South we call it punkin pie better known as pumpkin pie 🥧 

• Like 2

[An...]
10 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Oat bran hot cereal with flaxseed and blueberries 

IMG_3507.jpeg

I basically eat the same kinds of food Jacky eats. We both eat a whole-food plant-based diet but I do include a little meat in my diet and Jacky does not I think. I exclude all simple / processed carbs and all dairy products. The diet I eat is pretty bland and boring but I started eating this way for health reasons mostly. 

Nice thread. I would like to see what other ppl are eating. Personally, I would love to go back to eating burgers, fries, pizzas, candy, etc again but I can't anymore for health reasons. 😭

[Gr...]

Ever since I was forced into cold turkey 18 months ago, my eating various things has improved to where I can eat anything. The problem I have now is I never feel full. I could eat a full course meal and feel like I hadn’t. It’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen prior to 18 months the only thing I lived on for a year and a half organic asparagus, organic oats, organic eggs, no seasoning if I ate anything else I broke out in a horrible rash all over my face and chess was even told by the dermatologist that I had ocular rosacea because it would go into my eyes all that false I can eat anything like I said, lay in the sun I will just be glad to win this constant hunger balances out I’ve lost over 100 pounds prior to 18 months and now I have gained it back trying to find a happy medium wishing everyone the best in recovery

[PE...]
5 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Ever since I was forced into cold turkey 18 months ago, my eating various things has improved to where I can eat anything. The problem I have now is I never feel full. I could eat a full course meal and feel like I hadn’t. It’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen prior to 18 months the only thing I lived on for a year and a half organic asparagus, organic oats, organic eggs, no seasoning if I ate anything else I broke out in a horrible rash all over my face and chess was even told by the dermatologist that I had ocular rosacea because it would go into my eyes all that false I can eat anything like I said, lay in the sun I will just be glad to win this constant hunger balances out I’ve lost over 100 pounds prior to 18 months and now I have gained it back trying to find a happy medium wishing everyone the best in recovery

Ok nice you eat again so show us some food pics :)

[Gr...]

Never thought too much about taking pictures of what I eat. I guess I could start. I’d rather take pictures of my garden and things that I grow. Thanks for the reminder.

[wi...]
8 hours ago, [[G...] said:

That's so funny, same with me about the ravenous hunger now as opposed to in the taper and early off.when I was gaunt and eating was a chore to say the least.

• Like 1

[PE...]
2 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Never thought too much about taking pictures of what I eat. I guess I could start. I’d rather take pictures of my garden and things that I grow. Thanks for the reminder.

Yeah that's why I made this thread. Hence the subject pictures of your food please :)

• Like 1

[Gr...]

If you take the time to look back, you will see I posted a picture of my dessert.🧁 thanks for your concern. Happy healing.

• Like 1

[PE...]
8 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

If you take the time to look back, you will see I posted a picture of my dessert.🧁 thanks for your concern. Happy healing.

Thank you :giggle:

You too.

• Like 1

[66...]

Today I made grilled tofu with hummus and arugula and spinach with tomato’s and bread. 
it doesn’t look good but tastes soooo good. 👍 

for health reasons I’m vegan and loving it

IMG_3664.jpeg

IMG_0915.jpeg

IMG_0966.png

Edited by Guest

[An...]

Looks Good Jacki. 👍

Your bloodwork should continue to reflect healthy biomarkers.

[66...]

Hi antibenzo, yes my lab work is really good. My labs were bad for so long so to see them like this is amazing. 

[66...]

I cooked pinto beans with yams and put it over salad today. Yum 

IMG_3680.jpeg

[66...]

This is today’s dinner, it’s seitan cooked with onions and garlic then I add strained tomato sauce over dark leafy greens. It’s delicious 😋 I also add cayenne pepper and hot sauce on top

IMG_3694.jpeg

IMG_3692.jpeg

Edited by Guest

[An...]
5 hours ago, [[J...] said:

I cooked pinto beans with yams and put it over salad today. Yum 

IMG_3680.jpeg

Looks delicious and super healthy. 👍

• Like 2