Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Pictures of your food please :)

[PE...]

[Re...]

@[Ja...] Everything you post is so carefully prepared and appetizing. It is so good to look at them...:heybabe:

• Love 1

[An...]

Hey @[Ja...]

What was your inspiration to convert from SAD to WFPB. I know you have mentioned Dr. Caldwell Esselstyln. Was it your bloodwork that gave you the motivation to try this WOE (way of eating)?

Most ppl who are addicted to SAD say they can't eat like this. It does take 2-3 months for your taste buds to adapt to eating like this. I did not like it that much at 1st but my health and health biomarkers improved so much, it inspired me to continue eating this way. After several months, you really begin to enjoy the food. 👍

[be...]
53 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

This is today’s dinner, it’s seitan cooked with onions and garlic then I add strained tomato sauce over dark leafy greens. It’s delicious 😋 I also add cayenne pepper and hot sauce on top

IMG_3694.jpeg

IMG_3692.jpeg

Hi Jacky, I tried seitan once, but did not like, so I use Boca crumbles and Morning Star grillers. I do plant based twice a week and enjoy making copies of meals without meat. I had to stop eating more plant, as I started losing my hair. Thanks for the pics, all look very yummy.:hug::mybuddy:

[je...]

All you great cooks, I hope I get invited to dinner some time! :love:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

[be...]
4 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Salmon with white pepper flakes and dill

IMG_2396.jpeg

Yum!

• Love 1

[ns...]
On 03/03/2024 at 11:10, [[P...] said:

Great idea for a thread @[ne...], but could you include a description of your food so we can know the ingredients in case we want to recreate?

Lol

[ns...]
On 03/03/2024 at 11:10, [[P...] said:

Great idea for a thread @[ne...], but could you include a description of your food so we can know the ingredients in case we want to recreate?

Lol

[e9...]
On 06/03/2024 at 17:07, [[A...] said:

Hey @[Ja...]

What was your inspiration to convert from SAD to WFPB. I know you have mentioned Dr. Caldwell Esselstyln. Was it your bloodwork that gave you the motivation to try this WOE (way of eating)?

Most ppl who are addicted to SAD say they can't eat like this. It does take 2-3 months for your taste buds to adapt to eating like this. I did not like it that much at 1st but my health and health biomarkers improved so much, it inspired me to continue eating this way. After several months, you really begin to enjoy the food. 👍

Hi AB, what pushed me to go vegetarian was that my arteries were clogged, my labs were terrible .

Bc of genetics I’m prone to high triglycerides and cholesterol levels. I was on the ketogenic diet for over 5 years. Before I went vegetarian my doctor begged me to get on a statin bc she said I was about to have a heart attack like my dad did. So I told her to give me 2 months and I made radical changes to my diet and daily exercises. When I saw my lab results on just the vegetarian diet after only 2 months I was shocked of how much they improved.  In January of this year I went full vegan and I absolutely love it. It’s the best diet for me and I'm very happy. My taste buds have changed indeed and now I crave tons of dark leafy greens and all vegetables and legumes. I absolutely love to cook and walk bc during this taper it’s the only thing I can enjoy.  For my b12 vitamin I use nutritional yeast and I love the taste. 
my sister went vegan with me at the same time and she is so happy. ♥️🌷

Edited by Guest

[Gr...]

Shrimp scampi, with olive oil, and 100% butter. miss my white wine in there, but I cooked the sauce at a low setting so I’m not gonna take the chance. happy eats and healing.

IMG_2400.jpeg

• Love 3

[be...]
2 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Shrimp scampi, with olive oil, and 100% butter. miss my white wine in there, but I cooked the sauce at a low setting so I’m not gonna take the chance. happy eats and healing.

IMG_2400.jpeg

Looks so yummy! I miss shellfish so much, but can not eat anymore, found out I was allergic. Thankfully I can eat oysters and clams....oh well. I will visit this pic a lot. LoL

• Like 2

[Kr...]
On 08/03/2024 at 02:06, [[J...] said:

I put lentils over a big salad. Not only is this so delicious but I’m having fun too

IMG_0918.png

IMG_0919.png

Will eating like this take away my symptoms?

I should give up eggs, meat and fish and just eat plants and lentils,peas, beans?

No bread or grains?

im already pretty skinny but if this will work miracles I will do it

• Like 1

[Kr...]
On 08/03/2024 at 01:13, [[J...] said:

Hi AB, what pushed me to go vegetarian was that my arteries were clogged, my labs were terrible .

Bc of genetics I’m prone to high triglycerides and cholesterol levels. I was on the ketogenic diet for over 5 years. Before I went vegetarian my doctor begged me to get on a statin bc she said I was about to have a heart attack like my dad did. So I told her to give me 2 months and I made radical changes to my diet and daily exercises. When I saw my lab results on just the vegetarian diet after only 2 months I was shocked of how much they improved.  In January of this year I went full vegan and I absolutely love it. It’s the best diet for me and I'm very happy. My taste buds have changed indeed and now I crave tons of dark leafy greens and all vegetables and legumes. I absolutely love to cook and walk bc during this taper it’s the only thing I can enjoy.  For my b12 vitamin I use nutritional yeast and I love the taste. 
my sister went vegan with me at the same time and she is so happy. ♥️🌷

How do you put yeast in these foods? 

[Re...]

@[Kr...] Some people choose a vegan/vegetarian because of personal reasons. 

I believe that a clean diet may be beneficial for health in general, I personally don't think that any strictly restrictive diet would make our recovery faster. 

We post here pictures of the food we eat, and these just happen to be vegan /vegetarian sometimes. That is all. 

The food here is so appetizing, right?😋 I encourage you to post pictures of your food, too! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

[An...]

Here are two things I eat daily since I am mostly a mostly WFPB Vegan like @[Ja...] here. I do include a little chicken or fish in my diet FYI. I can't cook so I make things that are really easy, mainly for max nutrition and not so much for taste. This WOE does take some getting used to but once your taste buds have adapted, you really start to enjoy the food.

image.thumb.png.755ec2cfc3a0f794940c86584de9f939.png

• Like 2

[An...]
6 hours ago, [[R...] said:

@[Kr...] Some people choose a vegan/vegetarian because of personal reasons. 

I believe that a clean diet may be beneficial for health in general, I personally don't think that any strictly restrictive diet would make our recovery faster. 

We post here pictures of the food we eat, and these just happen to be vegan /vegetarian sometimes. That is all. 

The food here is so appetizing, right?😋 I encourage you to post pictures of your food, too! 

Ditto to what  @[Re...] said. A whole food plant-based diet will make you healthier in general if you can sustain it. It does take some getting used to. This diet is completely different than junk food vegan/vegetarian. Like Reuben said, it probably will not make your benzo w/h any easier unfortunately.

Prior to going WFPB, I was eating fries, burgers, cookies, candy, pizza, etc....the foods that most Americans love and eat. Altho delicious, these foods will make you fat and sick at some point unless you are born with really good genetics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[An...]
On 08/03/2024 at 02:06, [[J...] said:

I put lentils over a big salad. Not only is this so delicious but I’m having fun too

IMG_0918.png

IMG_0919.png

Very Nice @[Ja...]👍

[An...]
19 hours ago, [[G...] said:

IMG_2400.jpeg

Looks, smells, and tastes so delicious, altho I can't literally smell or taste it. LOL

My mother loves shrimp. It is her fav seafood.

[An...]

PS  - My blood pressure used to be a little high before I converted from SAD (Standard American Diet) to WFPB (whole-food / plant-based). Here are my BP and pulse this morning right after my 20 min. stationary bike ride.

image.thumb.png.bba57d8d5cf2714e65de59cb887e8ed2.png

• Like 2

[Gr...]

I haven’t had a blood pressure that healthy since I was seven. You might outlive a giant sequoia. AntiBenzo7

[An...]
1 minute ago, [[G...] said:

I haven’t had a blood pressure that healthy since I was seven. You might outlive a giant sequoia. AntiBenzo7

LOL @[Gr...]. Hope you are having an enjoyable weekend my friend.