Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

NAD+ Iontophoresis For Benzo Detox (A Journal)

[Be...]

Diazepam is pretty much out of my system by now. The paresthesia is back, and so are headaches that come and go. However, neither are yet as bad as they were while tapering. I'm told the headaches are a sign of rapid healing going on, as is the feeling hot and minor sweating going on. Dr Ken Starr says feeling hot and sweaty is good. Whew! I feel like I'm in menopause again! Bring on them hot flashes!  :D  Everything, everything, gets worse after eating.  :crazy:  I wish I could just skip food altogether. While I was able to experiment a little with my diet last week, I'm back to my boring, plain, diet I did during taper. I expect that will last for many weeks.

This takes a toll on you emotionally and psychologically. Yesterday, I was experiencing terrible 'benzo rage', my cats could sense I was off and tried staying out of my way. I have had 'dark times' where a voice in my head asks if my jumping was stupid?  :idiot: What have I done! Have I messed things up further? Yet I haven't felt the urge or desire to reach for a benzo. Hated taking those pills, hated being a slave to them for years as I tapered. Hated it. I spin my pill bottle lazy susan around past them,  and I smirk at them, and say, "Not today, you bastiches! I do not miss you, our relationship is over, it's time to kick you to the curb and move on from you."  :tickedoff:  It is sooo... liberating!

I am pushing myself to... Wait. It. Out. But trust me, it is hard, so very hard. It doesn't help that no one, to my knowledge, has done the patches. All did the IV's. I just have to get past the next 3 to 4 weeks. That's when I will know for certain. At least anybody who follows me in going this route, will have my experience to go by. NFN was one of the first to do the IV NAD+. Very hard for her, but totally worth it. Back when she had it done, even IV NAD+ was a nascent treatment for benzo detox, only a handful of places did this. Iontophoresis NAD+ has only been around for a couple years. I only have anecdotal evidence from the websites of my patch providers, and the NP I had my telehealth appointment with. Another patch provider I did not use, has a section devoted to testimonials, and I found a few who said it was successful in getting them off benzo's. I have to go by what I know. I worry I walked into this blindly, as I had no one I could ask questions of. NFN shared her experience, answered questions, and set off a domino effect. Others began doing IV NAD+. Many PM'd those who did it for more specifics, before doing it. And many were second-guessing if they made the right decision.

As I sit here and type, I notice my symptoms going down. It's been the pattern for me. Eat. Get sick. Digest. Feel better. Wash, rinse, repeat. I keep telling myself it is going to get better. Trying to avoid anything stressful.  :sick: Well, I'm done rambling for the day.

BL - I am so grateful/thankful for you…for you taking the time to answer my question’s, all of our questions while you are going through this right now.  Thankful for being the one to be willing to research and be the one to try the patches and see if this just might be and alternative to the IV NAD+.  You are no doubt brave and I am sitting here rooting you on :highfive::clap::highfive:

I have been reading back in the NAD+ links you provided, and other places.  One poster had me a little defeated, I am still not giving up (talked with one of my doctors today, and he is looking into this too) in saying that she went to a clinic and because she had her gallbladder removed and liver test, that she wasn’t a candidate for the NAD+ IV treatments.  I too had my gallbladder removed, so I hope that doesn’t mean I would not be a candidate :-\

I understand about you not wanting to provide links just yet, and that makes perfect sense.  I do believe (along with my doctor) that I should start the NAD+ Nasal spray, and just see how I do.  If nothing else and that works for me, it should HELP!

I’m sorry you aren’t feeling so good right now, but it does sound like things could be much worse, so it sounds like it is definitely working.  I sure hope this next week you start to feel much better.  :hug:

Marie

Marie, I have no gallbladder, no appendix either, for that matter. Gallbladders just store bile, and releases it when you eat fat, to help break it down. The bile ducts are attached directly to your stomach, and the bile just trickles in there, waiting for fat to digest. It won't interfered with NAD+ at all.

The liver is another story. You need a functioning liver to be able to methylate B vitamins properly. But, as ramcon1 pointed out, for those who have a double copy of the MTHFR gene, there is a type of supplement if they don't process folate. And TMG provides methyl donors, as even those with livers that function normally can't produce enough betaine in the liver to provide methyl donors for the massive quantities of NAD+ they receive. Ken Starr now recommends TMG, and ramcon1 did in his one thread. Both my patch suppliers recommend it as well.

There is one person who had NAD+ and it failed to work, he mentioned the clinic found his liver was functioning at 30%. But they still thought he'd be okay. He said he was okay the first couple days, but things went downhill after. He even said the clinic was encouraging him to hang in there after. That one person you mentioned had issues with her liver, and that can be problematic with NAD+ as you need methyl donors, and the ability to make them. TMG helps, but the liver still provides much of them. The threshold for TMG is 1000 mg a day. You can't take it to 'make up' for the reduced liver function. As long as your liver is functioning, you can use NAD+.

I think I am less brave, and more tired and wanting to be done a lot sooner. I know people are reading, and following my progress. I took a gamble, but so did those who did IV drips. I hope it pays off for me, as it did for them. I appreciate all of you rooting me on, because it was really scary jumping.  :o 

I am really bloated, and there's a lot of gurgling in my stomach. Today is the last day of treatment for now. I'll be returning to using the spray. Others having IV drips reported diarrhea and some nausea. I haven't had the former, yet. But the latter is starting to bother me. One was offered ondansetron, but never used it. I just feel horribly sick today.

Headaches are getting worse. I guess I'll be reaching for ice packs again. <sigh> Just. Gotta. Hang. In. There. Till. Next. Week.  Not able to eat as well, last week I was eating pierogies. This week I'm struggling to eat period. No appetite whatsoever. Bleh.  :sick: Depending on how I feel, I will try to check in. 

Marie, I have no gallbladder, no appendix either, for that matter. Gallbladders just store bile, and releases it when you eat fat, to help break it down. The bile ducts are attached directly to your stomach, and the bile just trickles in there, waiting for fat to digest. It won't interfered with NAD+ at all.

The liver is another story. You need a functioning liver to be able to methylate B vitamins properly. But, as ramcon1 pointed out, for those who have a double copy of the MTHFR gene, there is a type of supplement if they don't process folate. And TMG provides methyl donors, as even those with livers that function normally can't produce enough betaine in the liver to provide methyl donors for the massive quantities of NAD+ they receive. Ken Starr now recommends TMG, and ramcon1 did in his one thread. Both my patch suppliers recommend it as well.

There is one person who had NAD+ and it failed to work, he mentioned the clinic found his liver was functioning at 30%. But they still thought he'd be okay. He said he was okay the first couple days, but things went downhill after. He even said the clinic was encouraging him to hang in there after. That one person you mentioned had issues with her liver, and that can be problematic with NAD+ as you need methyl donors, and the ability to make them. TMG helps, but the liver still provides much of them. The threshold for TMG is 1000 mg a day. You can't take it to 'make up' for the reduced liver function. As long as your liver is functioning, you can use NAD+.

I think I am less brave, and more tired and wanting to be done a lot sooner. I know people are reading, and following my progress. I took a gamble, but so did those who did IV drips. I hope it pays off for me, as it did for them. I appreciate all of you rooting me on, because it was really scary jumping.  :o

BL-  Oh thank you for this.  I’m so excited again.  My liver is functioning fine!! 

I’m so sorry you are feeling so sick and the dreaded headaches.  Get some rest and best wishes and Prayer’s too.

Hang in there  :smitten:

Marie

I am really bloated, and there's a lot of gurgling in my stomach. Today is the last day of treatment for now. I'll be returning to using the spray. Others having IV drips reported diarrhea and some nausea. I haven't had the former, yet. But the latter is starting to bother me. One was offered ondansetron, but never used it. I just feel horribly sick today.

Headaches are getting worse. I guess I'll be reaching for ice packs again. <sigh> Just. Gotta. Hang. In. There. Till. Next. Week.  Not able to eat as well, last week I was eating pierogies. This week I'm struggling to eat period. No appetite whatsoever. Bleh.  :sick: Depending on how I feel, I will try to check in.

Check in when you can, so sorry you're feeling so rough.  Hoping that this is the tunnel and that the light will be appearing very soon.  I know that when I was really bad from tapering too quickly I could eat vanilla ice cream  ::) ::):idiot:

Rooting for you!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BL-  Oh thank you for this.  I’m so excited again.  My liver is functioning fine!! 

I’m so sorry you are feeling so sick and the dreaded headaches.  Get some rest and best wishes and Prayer’s too.

Marie

I keep reading back through posts by others who did NAD+. Found the one guy who it failed for, not only had issues with liver function, but no gallbladder. He was told by the clinic NAD+ would not work because of those two things, they'd have to detoxify his system, as he wasn't clearing out meds. They gave him a bunch of stuff that was supposed to clean him out, then he had the treatment. Another person who had a successful treatment, had gallbladder disease, 5 weeks after NAD+ IV's, he had his gallbladder removed. So I kinda questioned the gallbladder claim, it just stores bile. Without one, bile isn't stored, as long as your liver makes it, whether it's stored or not doesn't matter. I did see the post from the lady who had no gallbladder and liver tests came back showing she couldn't do NAD. But a guy with active gallbladder disease did fine. He was back in school 5 weeks later! Not healed, but functioning enough to do a lot more.

Everything is bothering me now. Shamo said the week after was hard, but he wasn't turning back. He was pleasantly surprised to turn a corner after that week, he said he rapidly began improving after that. I think it's going to get worse before better. He felt the same as he did when he previously c/t'd or tapered too quick. Even JLeDi had some issues, he also felt better after that first week. This may be the hardest ever for me. I am trying to survive for the next week.

Marie

I keep reading back through posts by others who did NAD+. Found the one guy who it failed for, not only had issues with liver function, but no gallbladder. He was told by the clinic NAD+ would not work because of those two things, they'd have to detoxify his system, as he wasn't clearing out meds. They gave him a bunch of stuff that was supposed to clean him out, then he had the treatment. Another person who had a successful treatment, had gallbladder disease, 5 weeks after NAD+ IV's, he had his gallbladder removed. So I kinda questioned the gallbladder claim, it just stores bile. Without one, bile isn't stored, as long as your liver makes it, whether it's stored or not doesn't matter. I did see the post from the lady who had no gallbladder and liver tests came back showing she couldn't do NAD. But a guy with active gallbladder disease did fine. He was back in school 5 weeks later! Not healed, but functioning enough to do a lot more.

Everything is bothering me now. Shamo said the week after was hard, but he wasn't turning back. He was pleasantly surprised to turn a corner after that week, he said he rapidly began improving after that. I think it's going to get worse before better. He felt the same as he did when he previously c/t'd or tapered too quick. Even JLeDi had some issues, he also felt better after that first week. This may be the hardest ever for me. I am trying to survive for the next week.

so very very sorry this is so tough... there's a bunch of folks on here who are holding you in thoughts, and hoping that corner is turned soon.

I'll take all the prayers and thoughts I can get. Hoping I turn that first corner by next Wednesday. The second corner will be after a month has passed. I heard back from my one supplier I have the prescription plan through, wanting to bump up the next set of kits. They said just reply when I'd like them, I said, "Sent sometime next week after the 24th." They can send them sooner, if one wants them sooner. Otherwise, they contact you quarterly before shipping any kits.

Was doubting if I did the right thing, wondering if I made a mistake. Called a friend to complain cry, etc. Sooooo... if I seem absent, you know why.  :sick:

My next set of patch kits will ship next week. Once I receive it, I plan on doing a few more days of treatment. Then I'll hang on to the remainder for more treatments later. Dr Ken Starr just puts people on the nasal spray post treatment, though some return for future treatments to assist them through acute and post acute. He and others offer gabapentin, some do take it. I'm still on my 300 mg a night dose. My main symptoms are GI issues, headaches and paresthesia. Sleep varies. I took hydroxyzine last night, so it was a bit better. Many report improved sleep after getting past that first week. This is the week where a lot of healing is supposedly going on.

BL-  I am really encouraged about all the GB stuff, so that isnt’ a bother anymore.  I am now just watching your progress and so far, honestly I am not that scared by what you are posting.  Obviously there would be some uncomfortable sx, as you basically went c/t as did everyone else who has done this NAD+.

For me, it is encouraging that you are doing it with the patches and not the IV, and it appears that you aren’ t having extreme w/d symptoms or acute. I know you don’t feel well, and I would imagine like you have stated that you are wondering if this was the right decision to jump (scary) and thankfully there were those that have blazed this trail before you and said it does get better after x amount of time.  So hopefully next week, you will see that window and know that you did make the right decision. I am encouraged that you will.  :thumbsup:

Ps. Thank you for taking the time, while not feeling well and rereading the post about gallbladder issues, and ones I didn’t even see, and reassuring me on this issue.  I really appreciate it.

Definitely keeping you in my thoughts, sending healing energy and Prayers to you my friend….hang in there  :therethere::smitten:

Marie

BL - I forgot to mention it is nice that you are also formulating this protocol too.  Like the nasal spray after care vs patches, or possibly a person could do both?  I am really excited to see how all of this plays out.  I am desperate to get off of these benzo’s.  Doing another year of this is just so frustrating to me.  Obviously I will do what I have to do, but if there is a way off, with a little bit of discomfort ( heck I was in a great bit of discomfort in the beginning of my taper) than SIGN ME UP.

Marie

BL - I forgot to mention it is nice that you are also formulating this protocol too.  Like the nasal spray after care vs patches, or possibly a person could do both?  I am really excited to see how all of this plays out.  I am desperate to get off of these benzo’s.  Doing another year of this is just so frustrating to me.  Obviously I will do what I have to do, but if there is a way off, with a little bit of discomfort ( heck I was in a great bit of discomfort in the beginning of my taper) than SIGN ME UP.

Marie

Yeah, I've gone from being a compounding pharmacist in my kitchen, to being a mad scientist  :crazy:  lining up the supplements I'm using,  grabbing NAD+ from the fridge, loading up patch reservoirs, slapping them on, and waiting for the results of my experiment. When I feel the time is right, and I'm convinced this is an option; I will give a list of suppliers, the prep I did, what I took during treatment, the NAD+ doses I took, and any other details.

I stopped the nasal spray during treatment, there really isn't a benefit. Better to save it for after, to keep those NAD+ levels up. I got my last bottle I have in the fridge, out this morning to use, now that I'm done with the patches.

Right now, I'm in a lot of discomfort. It's pretty awful right now. NFN was questioning if she made a mistake, until she turned a corner, and started to see improvements. It was harder for her, 1.5 mg Ativan is a hefty dose to c/t from. I'm hoping to have an experience like Shamo. I am seriously miserable right now. I can't wait until the week passes, and next Wednesday comes. Desperation partly led me to look into this.

I tried to talk to my current, useless, provider about this. I have a telehealth appt Thursday with her. I'm going to tell her not to prescribe me anything, I went back to cut-and-hold, and was using .5 mg pills split into 2.5 (Which is what I was doing before doing this), and when should we have our next monthly appt. Should this prove to be successful, I'll tell her next month that I jumped using NAD+ patches, and I'm off completely. My social worker wants me to tell her whatever to keep getting state services, until I feel I'm ready to move on. I really don't like this current provider at all. I had a really nice Psych NP, who wanted to continue treating me when she left and went to a different practice (They would not allow her to treat me), then my PCP set me up with a PA who knows Ashton, only to have the new medical director tell her she couldn't, to being set up by that practice with the current one who was giving me bad advice like skipping doses every other day.  :tickedoff:  Last appt, current one tells me I should find another provider who does Ashton. She insists she knows how to do benzo tapering,  :idiot: she has no interest in Ashton, though the PA told me to tell her it's available online, and even offered to assist her. Nope.  ::) I felt like God is closing the door, and NAD+ may be the window He wants me to open.

Gosh, I hope I'm right. Otherwise, I'm screwed.  :(

Marie

Yeah, I've gone from being a compounding pharmacist in my kitchen, to being a mad scientist  :crazy:  lining up the supplements I'm using,  grabbing NAD+ from the fridge, loading up patch reservoirs, slapping them on, and waiting for the results of my experiment. When I feel the time is right, and I'm convinced this is an option; I will give a list of suppliers, the prep I did, what I took during treatment, the NAD+ doses I took, and any other details.

I stopped the nasal spray during treatment, there really isn't a benefit. Better to save it for after, to keep those NAD+ levels up. I got my last bottle I have in the fridge, out this morning to use, now that I'm done with the patches.

Right now, I'm in a lot of discomfort. It's pretty awful right now. NFN was questioning if she made a mistake, until she turned a corner, and started to see improvements. It was harder for her, 1.5 mg Ativan is a hefty dose to c/t from. I'm hoping to have an experience like Shamo. I am seriously miserable right now. I can't wait until the week passes, and next Wednesday comes. Desperation partly led me to look into this.

I tried to talk to my current, useless, provider about this. I have a telehealth appt Thursday with her. I'm going to tell her not to prescribe me anything, I went back to cut-and-hold, and was using .5 mg pills split into 2.5 (Which is what I was doing before doing this), and when should we have our next monthly appt. Should this prove to be successful, I'll tell her next month that I jumped using NAD+ patches, and I'm off completely. My social worker wants me to tell her whatever to keep getting state services, until I feel I'm ready to move on. I really don't like this current provider at all. I had a really nice Psych NP, who wanted to continue treating me when she left and went to a different practice (They would not allow her to treat me), then my PCP set me up with a PA who knows Ashton, only to have the new medical director tell her she couldn't, to being set up by that practice with the current one who was giving me bad advice like skipping doses every other day.  :tickedoff:  Last appt, current one tells me I should find another provider who does Ashton. She insists she knows how to do benzo tapering,  :idiot: she has no interest in Ashton, though the PA told me to tell her it's available online, and even offered to assist her. Nope.  ::) I felt like God is closing the door, and NAD+ may be the window He wants me to open.

BL- Oh gosh….What a mess.  Hopefully this was the door that opened and all will be well.  Next Wednesday should be a pivotal point, “if” not before.  Just maybe, you will get some relief before then. 🙏🏻

What sx are you having that are the worst, or are they all hitting you at this point?  I am so sorry that you are miserable right now  :therethere: There is nothing worse!!!!

Hang in there, we are cheering you on  :smitten:

Marie

Marie

Well I'm hoping for the best outcome.  It sucks no being able to see who you want to and with whom you have a good rapport  -- not to mention benzo-wise.

It never ceases to amaze me that folks who say they are knowledgeable about benzos only to hear them spout off some garbage that would get most people in big trouble tapering.

Hope your day is going better and that things are starting to feel better..... fingers crossed for ya

BL- Oh gosh….What a mess.  Hopefully this was the door that opened and all will be well.  Next Wednesday should be a pivotal point, “if” not before.  Just maybe, you will get some relief before then. 🙏🏻

What sx are you having that are the worst, or are they all hitting you at this point?  I am so sorry that you are miserable right now  :therethere: There is nothing worse!!!!

Hang in there, we are cheering you on  :smitten:

Marie

I'm having stuff that rarely happened during tapering. Today? Tooth pain and sensitivity. Really hard to eat. Then, when I grabbed a snack this evening, I felt like my skin was crawling. and my hair was standing on it's end. Felt flushed and hot. #$@&%$ Suffering succotash!  :tickedoff: Everything cycles though. They come and go. Headaches and paresthesia is the worst. Sleep wasn't as good last night. Every time I eat, it sets off a cascade of misery. Low level tinnitus is constant, notice it more when it's quiet. It's tolerable. Some hyperacusis. Aches and pains in random places. A lot of the dizzy, floaty, boaty, stuff. I feel like my feet are about to slide out under me.  :crazy:

Had to confirm my telehealth appointment with useless provider. I really do not like this woman. I'm going to make it as short as possible.

I am absolutely determined to not take diazepam. I refuse to be a slave to that poison.

Well I'm hoping for the best outcome.  It sucks no being able to see who you want to and with whom you have a good rapport  -- not to mention benzo-wise.

It never ceases to amaze me that folks who say they are knowledgeable about benzos only to hear them spout off some garbage that would get most people in big trouble tapering.

Hope your day is going better and that things are starting to feel better..... fingers crossed for ya

I even told her that skipping doses was bad, and not Ashton protocol. I guess this is her method for weaning patients off benzos. I'm tempted to ask her how many she has actually, successfully, weaned off benzos. My guess is not many. Most people don't want to get off. The benzo-wise Psych NP wanted to get other patients she was seeing, that others put on benzos, to consider tapering off. No one wanted to. She told me some asked for a dose increase. She tried explaining tolerance w/d to them. I was the only one actively tapering off. Some of those patients got transferred to the provider I'm seeing now. My guess is she'll just keep prescribing, or worse, reduce their dose on her own.

Day gets worse by evenings, I'm just ready to crawl into bed and sleep, even if it's only 5 hours with 2 of broken waking, dozing, waking, dozing, until I get up.

I'd probably feel better if I stopped eating and drinking anything, but that's not wise to do. It's a world of hurt and pain when I do. Just warning you all, if you do this, be prepared that it will be worse than when you tapered. I honestly don't know how I'm even functioning.  :'(

I even told her that skipping doses was bad, and not Ashton protocol. I guess this is her method for weaning patients off benzos. I'm tempted to ask her how many she has actually, successfully, weaned off benzos. My guess is not many. Most people don't want to get off. The benzo-wise Psych NP wanted to get other patients she was seeing, that others put on benzos, to consider tapering off. No one wanted to. She told me some asked for a dose increase. She tried explaining tolerance w/d to them. I was the only one actively tapering off. Some of those patients got transferred to the provider I'm seeing now. My guess is she'll just keep prescribing, or worse, reduce their dose on her own.

Day gets worse by evenings, I'm just ready to crawl into bed and sleep, even if it's only 5 hours with 2 of broken waking, dozing, waking, dozing, until I get up.

I'd probably feel better if I stopped eating and drinking anything, but that's not wise to do. It's a world of hurt and pain when I do. Just warning you all, if you do this, be prepared that it will be worse than when you tapered. I honestly don't know how I'm even functioning.  :'(

damn damn damn!  I so wish this wasn't the outcome that you were having to this treatment, the symptoms sound wild and the fluctuating status of them crazy making.  I agree that you need to continue to eat and drink something as blood sugar levels affect it all as well.

Wish there was more I could offer other than big support over the net.

Please keep posting when you can to remind you of the crew that have your back from afar.

damn damn damn

Lottie

I am so sorry you're feeling so rough. I hope you will feel better very soon. I will keep you in my thoughts and pray for you.

hang in there, you will make through it  :smitten:

Sherry

Lottie - I am so sorry that you are suffering so badly.  I was really hoping that this was going to be better for you. Today is Wednesday, so just “maybe” today the sx will start to subside ,or by tomorrow or the end of this week.

When do you take your next round of patches? 

I just got out of the ER…kidney stone. 4mm…hurts like the dickens  :'(

Just wanted to check in on you before I try and go to bed….. :therethere:

Marie

Hope your coping Lottie  :hug: I know exactly  what your going through  I'm right there with you  :( Praying for us all 🙏  hope you recover soon.

Nova  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: 

Sorry for my absence, but I was really, really, not up to posting anywhere. Just trying to survive the week in the deep pits of hell. I am far from out of the woods, but definitely feel I turned the corner after a week post treatment, that Shamo mentions. I should start experiencing more rapid improvements. I am getting my next kit today, and will be starting follow-up treatments tomorrow morning. The really great thing about doing the patches, is I can afford to do additional treatments. There's probably about 0.5 mg of diazepam left in my body, approximately every 8 1/2 days, it drops by half. It's like a very rapid taper, and am I ever feeling it. Here's what's going on now.

Headaches very rare. They were almost a constant, very painful, like I'd been whacked by a sledgehammer.  :tickedoff: Now, I have a tense feeling on the back of my head. that started two days ago, where it feels like the hair is literally standing up. It's a hair raising experience.  :crazy: But even that is transient, sometimes it feels icy and numb.

Still not eating the greatest yet. Acid reflux is wicked, looking forward to that going away.

Random tooth pain that affects different teeth. I was using a dental mirror to look at me teeth, wondering if I cracked one, or had a loose or missing filling. This was really bad a week ago, appears to be subsiding.

Burning tongue (Oh joy!), especially after eating.  :P  Accompanied by a bitter or metallic taste during eating. Food is not tasting so good right now.  :sick:

Tinnitus has gone from low level to a bell ringing chime that is more pronounced. I guess it is better than hyperacusis. It's not bothering too much, just disconcerting, that's all. ♫♪♫♪ "There are bells, all around, and I always hear them ringing. I rarely heard them at all, 'til there was you." (NAD+) ♫♪♫♪  :D Take that, Meredith Wilson! I think that song was from The Music Man, I just changed the lyrics... slightly.  :laugh:

Sleep still suffering, but improving slightly. It will probably go south after the next round of NAD+.

Still random aches and pains here and there.

Inner vibrations! Did. Not. Have. This. During. Tapering. Ever. ♫♪♫♪ "Good, good, good, good vibrations..." ♫♪♫♪ (I don't think the Beach Boys were singing about that) :-\ Not sure what to think about that. They come and go, more by evening. Weird, just weird.

And, bladder incontinence. The bladder is a muscle, and other BB's have had this during w/d. I'm dribbling drops, or having sudden urges to go. So I wear pee pads. Bought a package of around 60, may not (I hope) need them all.

Dry eyes. Runny nose, the discharge from my nose is thin and very watery. Much worse after eating.

Bloating, comes and goes. Had loose bowels for a couple days at the end of NAD+, but still very much constipated. Things just moved more quickly, like bowel prep for a colonoscopy. Still taking psyllium fiber in oatmeal every day for breakfast. Still eating a simethicone tablet after dinner.

Just a still overall sick feeling  :sick:, which should ease as rest of the initial 30 days passes.

You need a lot of stamina to get through this. It won't instantly fix you, but it will shorten things a bit. Excruciating at times, it's easy to second guess whether you should have done this.  :idiot:  I'd rather have short, intense, suffering, instead of the long drawn-out agony of tapering that seems never ending.

I don't regret my decision. Even changed my ticker finally, and posted in the Milestones section today. ♫♪♫♪ "Been down one time, been down two times. Never going back again.." ♫♪♫♪ Fleetwood Mac. Sorry I keep breaking into song, I'm a music junkie.

Mood? Positive. Very, very, positive. But it's still early in the process. When I feel better, and able to post specifics, I will.

Sorry for my absence, but I was really, really, not up to posting anywhere. Just trying to survive the week in the deep pits of hell. I am far from out of the woods, but definitely feel I turned the corner after a week post treatment, that Shamo mentions. I should start experiencing more rapid improvements. I am getting my next kit today, and will be starting follow-up treatments tomorrow morning. The really great thing about doing the patches, is I can afford to do additional treatments. There's probably about 0.5 mg of diazepam left in my body, approximately every 8 1/2 days, it drops by half. It's like a very rapid taper, and am I ever feeling it. Here's what's going on now.

Headaches very rare. They were almost a constant, very painful, like I'd been whacked by a sledgehammer.  :tickedoff: Now, I have a tense feeling on the back of my head. that started two days ago, where it feels like the hair is literally standing up. It's a hair raising experience.  :crazy: But even that is transient, sometimes it feels icy and numb.

Still not eating the greatest yet. Acid reflux is wicked, looking forward to that going away.

Random tooth pain that affects different teeth. I was using a dental mirror to look at me teeth, wondering if I cracked one, or had a loose or missing filling. This was really bad a week ago, appears to be subsiding.

Burning tongue (Oh joy!), especially after eating.  :P  Accompanied by a bitter or metallic taste during eating. Food is not tasting so good right now.  :sick:

Tinnitus has gone from low level to a bell ringing chime that is more pronounced. I guess it is better than hyperacusis. It's not bothering too much, just disconcerting, that's all. ♫♪♫♪ "There are bells, all around, and I always hear them ringing. I rarely heard them at all, 'til there was you." (NAD+) ♫♪♫♪  :D Take that, Meredith Wilson! I think that song was from The Music Man, I just changed the lyrics... slightly.  :laugh:

Sleep still suffering, but improving slightly. It will probably go south after the next round of NAD+.

Still random aches and pains here and there.

Inner vibrations! Did. Not. Have. This. During. Tapering. Ever. ♫♪♫♪ "Good, good, good, good vibrations..." ♫♪♫♪ (I don't think the Beach Boys were singing about that) :-\ Not sure what to think about that. They come and go, more by evening. Weird, just weird.

And, bladder incontinence. The bladder is a muscle, and other BB's have had this during w/d. I'm dribbling drops, or having sudden urges to go. So I wear pee pads. Bought a package of around 60, may not (I hope) need them all.

Dry eyes. Runny nose, the discharge from my nose is thin and very watery. Much worse after eating.

Bloating, comes and goes. Had loose bowels for a couple days at the end of NAD+, but still very much constipated. Things just moved more quickly, like bowel prep for a colonoscopy. Still taking psyllium fiber in oatmeal every day for breakfast. Still eating a simethicone tablet after dinner.

Just a still overall sick feeling  :sick:, which should ease as rest of the initial 30 days passes.

You need a lot of stamina to get through this. It won't instantly fix you, but it will shorten things a bit. Excruciating at times, it's easy to second guess whether you should have done this.  :idiot:  I'd rather have short, intense, suffering, instead of the long drawn-out agony of tapering that seems never ending.

I don't regret my decision. Even changed my ticker finally, and posted in the Milestones section today. ♫♪♫♪ "Been down one time, been down two times. Never going back again.." ♫♪♫♪ Fleetwood Mac. Sorry I keep breaking into song, I'm a music junkie.

Mood? Positive. Very, very, positive. But it's still early in the process. When I feel better, and able to post specifics, I will.

so f'ing difficult!  hope you don't mind the cussing.  what you're describing is torture, and thinking of all of that happening at once is beyond comprehension.  I so applaud your fortitude and tenacity.  When I read this I'm not sure that i have it in me to go through what you've done.  These last years of tapering have taken their toll on my stamina.

But I so applaud you this venture!!!

so f'ing difficult!  hope you don't mind the cussing.  what you're describing is torture, and thinking of all of that happening at once is beyond comprehension.  I so applaud your fortitude and tenacity.  When I read this I'm not sure that i have it in me to go through what you've done.  These last years of tapering have taken their toll on my stamina.

But I so applaud you this venture!!!

I didn't think I'd survive at one point, but I was so determined to not reinstate. Today, I cleared all the pill bottles out, and bagged them up. It felt so good to do that. Yes, I am in acute hell. But I know things will get better. BB member Shayna said it so well some time back, about pulling up from deep inside, your inner strength. I had to keep digging inside me, as Jeff Probst would tell the contestants on Survivor during one of those uncomfortable and even painful challenges. He'd remind them they are in it to win, to get to the final round, to be the sole Survivor. ♫♪♫♪ "I'm a survivor..." ♫♪♫♪ (Destiny's Child pops in my head). ♫♪♫♪ "I fought the benzos and, I won. " ♫♪♫♪ (More familiar with the Clash than the original by Bobby Fuller Four). The fact I keep bursting into song in my head is a positive. I haven't felt so positive before. Zero regrets. As NFN said, so worth it.

Everybody will have to make their own decision on whether they want to try this. Whether IV NAD+, or iontophoresis NAD+, initially it will be very hard, but the rapid healing and shorter turnaround spare you the agony of a long, drawn out, taper. The math to microtaper was overwhelming me, I just couldn't see myself going on like I was. Still feeling pretty crappy, but hanging in there.

Well I thought that was pretty detailed…LOL! And I am so grateful  :).

I love the “breaking out in song” it makes it fun and relatable….I love music too :thumbsup:

I will admit, I was really hoping that this would be easier for you and not so “acute”, with that said, I do know with my own c/t after about a 3 month period on Zanax the acute for about 3 days was off the charts and I thought I was going nuts, so I went to the hospital.  So this doesn’t sound as bad….still “sounds scary” I won’t lie, but I think I could dig deep and do it. 

Hopefully this next round of NAD+ Will really help you turn the corner and get some relief/healing.  Thank you for keeping us posted, especially when you aren’t feeling well.

:mybuddy::yippee::therethere:

Marie