The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

since i am new on this thread.

may i ask what is everyone ages? and living situation?

just to get to know people better

me- 45 years old female

2 kids-  5 and 9

happily married

not working currently, feeling too bad.

I am a very " young" 57 🙋‍♀️ :laugh:

2 kids 34-35 they are 13 months apart and that's why there are only two!  :laugh: :laugh:

3 grandkids 5-6- newborn almost 3 weeks old 🥰

Happily married to a GREAT guy for 35 yrs only marriage

Worked with kindergarten age children for about 23 yrs in total. Currently not working and won't be. I'll be babysitting my new grandson. Have had to leave work twice in my years bc of wd and babysitting my granddaughter.

That about sums it up  :)

Trishy  :smitten:

Jasmine- I am 49, no husband or kids.  Only one cat now.  But Maggie has now sent me an outdoor stray.  I’ve been a career woman since my mid 20s working in big corporate jobs, so I never had time for the married / kid life.  Loved my freedom and independence too much.  I left my last job because of abuse and harassment which is what got me on the Benzo.  Oh it’s a long story.  I now live with my elderly mom (90 yrs) and take care of her.  It’s stressful.  I live in CA.  I started LHSG in August 2019.  It has been a godsend.  The last few months I’ve been sporadic in the group with all the world distractions. 

Trishy- yes, my dear you are a young 57 but a spunky lady. 

Jasmine- the people on this group are amazing.  I don’t venture on this website cause it scares the shit out of me.  Unless I have a specific thing I need to read and that’s usually in the support group section.  But this is my home group.  I hope you find the love, support, laughter, and compassion I have found.  And when your struggling, we all get it.  We all understand.  And the long timers who have more experience will guide you through.  We all hold each other’s hands. 

Love ❤️

Meems

MEME'S!! You know me so well!!  :laugh: :laugh: I got enough spunk for everybody here!! Lol

Stay cool Meme's you're my people  :D

Trishy❤️

What up Trishy girlfriend?    Hope your palps have gone away and you are feeling more stable.  I always felt you should keep holding.  Your holds are so much better than most of us get, really I am jealous.  You will be fine, let's get you through all this virus crap.  You are getting pretty low , we will make it together 🙋🏼💜😘🙏😷🙋🏼💜😘🙏😷

HAND IN HAND GIRLFRIEND WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER. 👭

Don't be jealous my dear friend I have years before I'm off. You better not leave me here either!  : :tickedoff::laugh: :laugh:

❤️❤️

me- 45 years old female

2 kids-  5 and 9

happily married

2 kids 34-35 they are 13 months apart and that's why there are only two!  :laugh: :laugh:

Worked with kindergarten age children for about 23 yrs in total. Currently not working and won't be. I'll be babysitting my new grandson. Have had to leave work twice in my years bc of wd and babysitting my granddaughter.

Jasmine- I am 49, no husband or kids.  Only one cat now.  But Maggie has now sent me an outdoor stray.  I’ve been a career woman since my mid 20s working in big corporate jobs, so I never had time for the married / kid life.  Loved my freedom and independence too much.  I left my last job because of abuse and harassment which is what got me on the Benzo.  Oh it’s a long story.  I now live with my elderly mom (90 yrs) and take care of her.  It’s stressful.  I live in CA.  I started LHSG in August 2019.  It has been a godsend.  The last few months I’ve been sporadic in the group with all the world distractions. 

Jasmine- the people on this group are amazing.  I don’t venture on this website cause it scares the shit out of me.  Unless I have a specific thing I need to read and that’s usually in the support group section.  But this is my home group.  I hope you find the love, support, laughter, and compassion I have found.  And when your struggling, we all get it.  We all understand.  And the long timers who have more experience will guide you through.  We all hold each other’s hands. 

Love ❤️

Meems

MEME'S!! You know me so well!!  :laugh: :laugh: I got enough spunk for everybody here!! Lol

Trishy❤️

Trishy- you’re awesome!  You make me laugh 😂.  I won’t forget the night me, you, Olive Kitty and DD we’re sharing our favorite classic rock band and stories.  And then somehow we moved onto the subject of winter time and the snow on, I think it was your roof and shoveling it off for what you said felt like months.  I think that was you.  🤪

What up Trishy girlfriend?    Hope your palps have gone away and you are feeling more stable.  I always felt you should keep holding.  Your holds are so much better than most of us get, really I am jealous.  You will be fine, let's get you through all this virus crap.  You are getting pretty low , we will make it together 🙋🏼💜😘🙏😷🙋🏼💜😘🙏😷

Don't be jealous my dear friend I have years before I'm off. You better not leave me here either!  : :tickedoff::laugh: :laugh:

❤️❤️

I really wouldn't worry too much about that.  I spent so much time in the 8's, I will be here with you.

:laugh: :laugh:    In a few days though, it will be 7.9.    I will probably be just as sick of 7 as I am of 8  :D:laugh:

me- 45 years old female

2 kids-  5 and 9

happily married

Love ❤️

Meems

Trishy❤️

Trishy- you’re awesome!  You make me laugh 😂.  I won’t forget the night me, you, Olive Kitty and DD we’re sharing our favorite classic rock band and stories.  And then somehow we moved onto the subject of winter time and the snow on, I think it was your roof and shoveling it off for what you said felt like months.  I think that was you.  🤪

I'm laughing my a$$ off!! I remember that night, we had so much fun!! Yes, I shoveled that damn roof with Rich for what seemed like a million years! The snow kept coming and coming and coming  :laugh: :laugh:

Ahhh the rock bands and the good ol days.. sure remember those Budweiser hang overs too!  :laugh::D

❤️❤️

I really wouldn't worry too much about that.  I spent so much time in the 8's, I will be here with you.

:laugh: :laugh:    In a few days though, it will be 7.9.    I will probably be just as sick of 7 as I am of 8  :D:laugh:

Noooo you're gonna love 7 it's a lucky number  :laugh: Now I will make you a pretty costume and a huge beak to go with it and I will stencil 7's on it in all different languages  so you will be known all around the world. I will make your hoop out of shiny tin foil, you know you love it, and paint in bold orange BB BAD ASS BENZO TAPERER

Oooh you're gonna be soooooo pretty!! 😂😂

Meme's I have a great idea!! Let's come up with a song for our group here! Let's brain storm here. What song fits all of us here!

Come on people everybody can join in here.

I'll start.. CRAZY TRAIN OZZY OSBORNE.. OH NO, OH NO HERE WE GO NOW..  :D

☠️

OK NEXT  :laugh::D

❤️❤️

Noooo you're gonna love 7 it's a lucky number  :laugh: Now I will make you a pretty costume and a huge beak to go with it and I will stencil 7's on it in all different languages  so you will be known all around the world. I will make your hoop out of shiny tin foil, you know you love it, and paint in bold orange BB BAD ASS BENZO TAPERER

Do you know how big my a$$ would look in a hoop and orange, HUGE!!  Let's go for black, but I love all the 7's in different languages  :laugh: :laugh:

❤️❤️

Do you know how big my a$$ would look in a hoop and orange, HUGE!!  Let's go for black, but I love all the 7's in different languages  :laugh: :laugh:

It would be bitchin but as you wish so it will be 🧚🏻 :laugh: :laugh:

GOOD NIGHT MY PEOPLE I'M LEAVING THE PLAYGROUND STREET LIGHTS ARE ON  ;D

MEEMS AND MARY IT'S ALWAYS A GOOD TIME WHEN YOU KIDS COME OUT TO PLAY  :laugh::D

PEACE MY FRIEND'S

LOVE TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT  :smitten: :smitten:

❤️❤️

It would be bitchin but as you wish so it will be 🧚🏻 :laugh: :laugh:

Love it!  BB Badass Bitchin Benzo Warrior

7, Siete, Sept, Sieben, Sette

What would her shoes 👠 be?

Good morning. It's nice to see you people were having such a good chat yesterday. Sign me up for the big butt's club, although I'm trying to shed off some of the lockdown weight but it is a bit hard when you're struggling with physical pain and can hardly move around, to not eat because it's one of the few comforts we've got. But I'm still toughing it up and managing to lose some weight because it's always better to be thin. You look better and you feel better.

Right now my worst symptom is physical pain. I'm not sure it's the bwd or just my preexisting conditions and other conditions that have worsened over time. Or a combination of both of them. Pain is very depressing. It's not like you can do something like dancing or swimming or cleaning to distract, because every single movement hurts. I of course do the cleaning and all that, but it is agony. I do some eli. Didptic every couple of days and it's agony too. Who would've told me when I was 25, that the most simple things would be like climbimg a mountain for me? The mental symptoms are a bit better. My last cut was on July 1st, down 0,10 mgs, to 2.10. Maybe my symptoms these past two weeks were from that cut or from the previous cuts or from the change from valium to generic. I'll never know. In any case, I won't cut in August like I planned to do. I'll wait for a better time, when I'm a bit better hopefully.

Suzy how's your neck feeling lately? I hope you're feeling some improvement. Did you like the result at the hairdresser? I be you look pretty. I went very blonde because I messed it during the lockdown and when I went to my hairdresser we agreed on very blonde to even it out. It looks great, or at least my daughter loves it. The problem is that it needs a lot of maintenance so I have to go every six weeks at the most but it's ok because as I hardly ever do anything outside the house, that gives me an excuse to go out.

Sutt where are you?. Have you been walking the puppies for the past three days and a pet lover has held you hostage in the street by petting Daisy and Muffins non stop? Don't they let you come back home? I hope things are a bit smoother in your life although the pain is so raw for you and for your friends. A scientist from Oxford says that she'll have a vaccine by October or so I hear. No idea if that will be safe. I wonder what you health professionals think about these speedy vaccines.

Jwl I'm glad you like our sense of fashion. We have to find a way to laugh here.

GP I've got my eye set on some new masks and when I gather the strength I'll post a picture or two for us to comment. I think they can become the perfect item to accesorize our lives.

I won't name eveyone so as not to forget anybody but I hope you all have some windows today.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Val well l have been walking but not being held captive yet 😏.The weather is crap here so not a lot of walkers out and about.

I do read you are in for a second wave or it looks that way?I would imagine we won't be far behind you.l hear some talk regarding vaccines but don't think it will be this year.l personally wouldn't be too keen to take it.We will see.

I hope you start to feel better honey l have to say on the lower end of my taper the pain has been more prevalent so perhaps that is what's happening with you.

I won't probably be on again this week have a lot on so l hope you get a period when everything subsides.l won't say window because not everyone is that lucky.Keep your chin up.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary, Trish,JWL,Final,GP,Meems,Suzy, Jasmine,Boo, Olive, Ginger,NJ, Free and everyone here l will be back however not probably this week.Thinking of you all and remember this too shall pass.Love you.X

hello everyone, hope you're all getting some progress in your healing journey.

We gave my mum ECT in jan/feb after a near choking incident due to her catatonia, which made us realize it might be quite dangerous to just leave her in that state, and gave in to the pdoc after she tried to convince us twice. (mum was having trouble moving around then)

Had short term remission for a couple months, lifted her out of severe catatonia, but her withdrawal symptoms slowly came back from may onwards, but was in general milder than what we experienced last year.

a recent generic drug change due to covid19 supply chain issue with her pharmacy set us back last week, and she's gone mute again with minimal occasional nonverbal communication. pdoc thinks she's on a downward trend to relapse catatonia and wants to ECT her again, but i believe she is simply recovering from the cold turkey/partial reinstatement as her sx seem very similar to those who have been cold turkeyed. currently holding at 8mg since jan(updosed from 7 since oct/nov 2019)

its so worrying that the pdoc might be right, but then the past week, i witnessed her go from becoming mute/catatonic over the weekend(things got bad in only 3 days), to being more alert and talking slightly on tuesday, to her personality fully emerging on wednesday and behaving just like her normal self, laughing and smiling and conversing again w minimal sxs, in what i now recognize as just a small window, coz on thurs/fri she fell into a deep fatigue and was bedridden/resting which raised concerns about catatonia again.

Thankfully she's no longer bedridden today and awake again during the day, but spending alot of time on the couch. but thats how its been since may anyways. She hasnt spoken though, which is quite worrying, but otherwise is aware of everything going on around her. ii did get nonverbal confirmation that shes going through depersonalization so thats probably what it is... just that its hard to find much information on the forums with regards to whether mutism is normal during dp/dr, but i suppose anyone who's in such a state would not be in any condition to be posting on forums anyway...

i keep worrying that her pdoc might be right and that she needs ect(i dont want to unless its another life threatening situation). ive since postponed the sessions to observe her the next few days/weeks but as the days go by i cant help but feel like her first window was an anomaly. it's just so bizarre and surreal how quickly she swung from one state to the other. pdoc would probably want to diagnose her as bipolar if i told her. but it felt more like one by one her circuits went back online, only to trigger a circuit breaker again on the third day. not sure if i will get to see anotherwindow like that again, but itd surely give me more confidence to know its all normal. heres to hoping itll happen again soon.

it'll be 12 mths soon since her forced cold turkey, 10-11 mths since her ill-advised partial reinstatement and retaper, and 7mths since her updose to 8mg and long hold during which she had ECT for catatonia.

anyway, thats the short(long) update regarding my mum... so much has happened since i last posted.

i do drop in the support group once in awhile to read and look at everyones progress. hope that doesnt make me sound like a stalker : :laugh: i promise im not, and that im silently cheering for all of your progress and recoveries.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the posts on these forums and the support group has been instumental in helping me make sense of all thats been happening, and im so happy that there's a place like this that allows people to come tgt and support one another when mainstream psychiatry cant offer any answers other than more drugs or ECT.  :idiot: cant help but think of the song 'who's crazy' from next to normal.

anyway, hope everyone's safe and well during these covid19 times!

boo

Morning Boo you can stalk here anytime honey we don't mind 😘. Listen l have read through your post and looking at your signature as far as l can see your mum was col d turkeyed  off olanzapine which is an antipsychotic I think that is the reason for her catatonic episodes.It probably is more common with ap when discontinued quickly however it can also happen with benzos and any psychotropic drugNow the doctors really seem to have caused your mother a lot of hardship and that is putting it mildly.

Windows come and go very quickly that seems to be the way they work.l think your mum really needs to hold for a very long time.lf she continues to deteriorate l don't think you have much of an option but to go with the treatment however l really hope she starts to communicate with you.

Talk to us anytime honey you have been through the ringer as well my love and you need support as much as your mother does.l am sure she is very proud of you.love to you.X

Morning Val well l have been walking but not being held captive yet 😏.The weather is crap here so not a lot of walkers out and about.

I do read you are in for a second wave or it looks that way?I would imagine we won't be far behind you.l hear some talk regarding vaccines but don't think it will be this year.l personally wouldn't be too keen to take it.We will see.

I hope you start to feel better honey l have to say on the lower end of my taper the pain has been more prevalent so perhaps that is what's happening with you.

I won't probably be on again this week have a lot on so l hope you get a period when everything subsides.l won't say window because not everyone is that lucky.Keep your chin up.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary, Trish,JWL,Final,GP,Meems,Suzy, Jasmine,Boo, Olive, Ginger,NJ, Free and everyone here l will be back however not probably this week.Thinking of you all and remember this too shall pass.Love you.X

Thank you dear Stutt. Yes, we seem to be in a second wave and the Brits and Scots aren't coming because they will be forced by your government to quarantine for fifteen days on their trip back, so our economy is never going to survive this pandemic unless our governments finally find a way for us to be productive other than tourism and none of them are smart enough for that. I try to read less of the news, I was getting real depressed by the huge economic depression we're facing and the huge dept we're facing for the next ten years mininum. I just started plaing the board game Cobra with my daughter and I think I'll stick to more games. We don't know how long we'll be able to live this way so we might as well try to enjoy it. Love, vnm. Take care  :smitten:

Thank you dear Stutt. Yes, we seem to be in a second wave and the Brits and Scots aren't coming because they will be forced by your government to quarantine for fifteen days on their trip back, so our economy is never going to survive this pandemic unless our governments finally find a way for us to be productive other than tourism and none of them are smart enough for that. I try to read less of the news, I was getting real depressed by the huge economic depression we're facing and the huge dept we're facing for the next ten years mininum. I just started plaing the board game Cobra with my daughter and I think I'll stick to more games. We don't know how long we'll be able to live this way so we might as well try to enjoy it. Love, vnm. Take care  :smitten:

You enjoy your board game and try not to worry.l think as far as the economy is concerned we are all up shit creek without a paddle 😡.Yeah we have been told to quarantine doesn't mean they will.I can't see anyone giving up their holiday we will see.I never watch the news l Google numbers and that is it.Give your daughter a hug from me.Try to enjoy your day.love you.X

Thank you Stutt. I don't know what's going to keep you from the forum for a week but I so hope you're OK and you're not keeping anything from us. I'm sending a big hug for you and your daughter just in case you need it.

I remember Oscar from when I first started posting In 2015. I'd like to think he tapered successfully and no longer felt the need to visit BB. I took a 3 year break because things were going pretty smoothly. Now that I'm about to tackle my last 1 mg I'm back because I need all the support I can get. I guess what I'm trying to say is just because someone stops posting doesn't mean things went badly for them.

thanks JWL,

your words are so reassuring

were you prescribed valium for anxiety?

i am at 9 days after the re-instatement- the sleep has been better.

i had the most loveliest dream, slept 7 hours and woke up, realizing that i was back on valium and had a surge of anxiety.

i don't mind being on 2mg to taper for few years but 9mg is high specially that i have kindled so many times and i know that every drop will be painful.

when I don't take my dose on time, my hand shakes. do you guys feel this bad all the time? or is it just because i am stabilizing?

i hope it will get better with time. i have a heavy feeling sitting on my chest. and i feel terribly fragile.

i text my spych everyday. she is very supportive and wants me to take all my time to stabilize, she doesn't care how many years i will stay on it- she has treated me for 4 years now.

Edit: Removed disallowed content.

any success story from the long hold group?

i will only go on this side of the forum once a day- i am too scared

any one working?

Hi jasmine, yes, Olive Kitty held for a year and a half, then she started tapering again and now she's off.

Esperanza jumped a few months ago and is out. There's a buddy, Valley Um who also finished his taper from this group. I'm sure there are many more. I've only been here for a year. Frankly, I don't care how long this is going to take or when I'll be able to cut as long as I'm never forced to come off faster than I can manage. I'm glad your psyc dr is willing to prescribe for as long as you need to stabilize. That's already a great advantage.

Hi jasmine, yes, Olive Kitty held for a year and a half, then she started tapering again and now she's off.

Esperanza jumped a few months ago and is out. There's a buddy, Valley Um who also finished his taper from this group. I'm sure there are many more. I've only been here for a year. Frankly, I don't care how long this is going to take or when I'll be able to cut as long as I'm never forced to come off faster than I can manage. I'm glad your psyc dr is willing to prescribe for as long as you need to stabilize. That's already a great advantage.

do you have daily anxiety like you will get a heart attack?

Hi jasmine,

I get anxiety like that too. Its def a sx. I am anxious but this is rediculous. I try to not feed into the negative scary thoughts running through my head. Distract, walk, meditate. I catch myself and so no that's not going to happen. I will get better.

Hi v!

My arm,  muscle neck thing is getting better. I thi k I was so scared after the pain of carrying those bags I made it worse. Plus, I wasn't willing to except another sx I was devastated. Not like I have a choice. Anyway, I iced, heated, over and over. Took some naproxen. I'm not even sure we should take it, but it helped. Took it easy for a couple days. Which I hated because I need to do things or I go crazy. So no naproxen in 3 days, yay. A little sore but much better. Like stut said, health anxiety. I bet most of your pain is from wd. Stress, anxiety, health anxiety and we push ourselves. It does suck. Maybe try to kick back today and try to relax. It sucks.

That's ok tt! I probably shouldn't be doing cards either! Hope your diet come reduction is going ok. I have the same problem, I love carbonation!

[68...]