Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Ok. Dont laugh, I love my Rolling Stones. They were so cute !!!!

Moonlight Mile

elg

Kind of reminds me of lonely bwd instead of leg lonely days on the road.

That is a great old song.

Have you heard Coming Back to Life by Pink Floyd?  Go play it, it's great too.  And is Cant's favorite taper song.  It really does remind you of the way we will feel hopefully as this goes away.

Yes, it's kind of spacey. I am liking all this UFO, spaceman alien stuff. Lol.  :laugh: omg..I really think I am crazy! I think we all need to have some fun. I have faith in ET!  :2funny:

I believe in ET's too Extra T's  ;)

Lol, lol, damn we can't get away from T's. Somebody needs to do research on if T's are most used letter ever  :D :D

Oh mom, I love that song it takes me away. Its beautiful. I am glad you heard of it. I am looking for the pink floyd now. I love Pink Floyd! Dark side of the moon is good too..hehe..the moon..ok I'll stop it. Oooohhhhhwaaa

Love this song- so beautiful!  Love Pink Floyd.  Music is my love language and has been a HUUUGE coping skill I use through my taper.  Oh thank you for sharing. 

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Trish awe that damn fear never goes.lt is natural we really don't want to suffer and when we cut generally we do.l know you will get through this honey I know you are scared but you have to just cut a little and wait.l really believe you have the best tool of all holding really helps you quicker than most here so use it.l know you want this over with trust me l do as well however for now we do what we can and know we will get through this.l know you are going to get off this poison so go for it honey.We are all here for you.love you my lST X

Morning Troch it sounds as though you have a good one there.What she said is very true anxiety can cause weight lose and exhaustion.On top of that withdrawal can cause both as well so it is a double whammy.The weight will come back when you get to a more stable place.I hope you have a better day.love to you.X

Morning Suzy well done my love.l think it is always good to declutter.l know you are feeling the up and down of withdrawal and l have to say that is very normal for me.I know that is the hardest part however hopefully the longer you hold the shorter the blips.l hope you have a good day.love you.X

Morning Olive l am delighted you got home safely.l am so glad you are here my love you are such an inspiration.l can only hope to be as functional as you are.l know you don't feel normal however you are still living life and that is amazing.I am so proud of you.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary I forget you don't know our vocabulary 😉. Honestly you wouldn't understand a word if you came here.We speak very differently.Thank you for the update on Gilly that is brilliant news.l am so happy she is able to get out of the house.Tell her l am proud of her.We are here if and when she needs us.As for you l hope your eyes give you a break today and your mood isn't too low.Keep shining 😂😜. love you my lady Mary HenX

. Morning Meems have you had your blood taken yet?l hope everything goes smoothly my love.love to you.X

Morning Esperanza Gilly Valley Free Olive Bill NJ Nova Miyu Espy Final GP Janice and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hi,

Back from my visit to the cardiologist. Everything was OK. Have, what he called " a variation on the normal ", absolutely nothing to worry about. The exact same outcome of a test I had done 5 years ago. ( had forgotten all about that). So, good news.

But boy, was I tired after I got home. The stress of undergoing tests drains all energy from the body. Trying to wind down a bit now.

Telling myself my heart is OK.

Having PT again this afternoon.

Hi,

Back from my visit to the cardiologist. Everything was OK. Have, what he called " a variation on the normal ", absolutely nothing to worry about. The exact same outcome of a test I had done 5 years ago. ( had forgotten all about that). So, good news.

But boy, was I tired after I got home. The stress of undergoing tests drains all energy from the body. Trying to wind down a bit now.

Telling myself my heart is OK.

Having PT again this afternoon.

Good news Troch.l think all tests are exhausting so rest until your appointment this afternoon.l hope it goes well.X

Thanks Stut l, the room is a mess! I have more to do. Havent done much in a few yrs because of wd. Maybe ig i decliyter yhe house, it will help declutter my mind. Or the house is a relevtion of my mind. Omg! I must think i am some kind of philosopher or something. Feeling ok Alot of mood swings and keep changing my mind. It dtives me crazy. I need to puck a self and stick with it. Lol. Hope all is well! Love you Suzy

Anytime meems! I love music. It really is a great coping skill. Hope you are feeling ok.

Troch, glad you are in good health. Thats good news. I haye those tests too. Its very syressful in our condition.

I am holding at 1 mg cloz.

I am getting very paranoid

about taking a dose.

I’m obsessive when I take

a dose like something bad

will happen. I take half during

the day and half at night.

Sorry to add gloom to a

happy sounding support group.

Thanks.

about taking a dose.

Sorry to add gloom to a

Thanks.

We are here for all healthy so don't apologise.When you say paranoid what way do you mean?l just want to understand so all here can relate to what you are talking about.l have not any paranoia however l have saw people that have written about being paranoid.X

Paranoid meaning I don’t trust the med.

That the med I take will hurt me.

And there no easy way to get off of it.

Plus I feel ‘different’

I’m on this pill.

It affects my relationships

I feel ruled by this med.

That’s what I mean. Ty

Paranoid meaning I don’t trust the med.

That the med I take will hurt me.

And there no easy way to get off of it.

Plus I feel ‘different’

I’m on this pill.

It affects my relationships

I feel ruled by this med.

That’s what I mean. Ty

Healthy l haven't had that withdrawal symptom so l really hope someone comes along who has had the experience.l have felt trapped on the med and felt hopeless l think most people get obsessed with getting off this med.l really think withdrawal has an impact on relationships as we are very inward looking and generally we isolate ourselves.l certainly have found my relationship's strained in withdrawal.X

Love this song- so beautiful!  Love Pink Floyd.  Music is my love language and has been a HUUUGE coping skill I use through my taper.  Oh thank you for sharing.

That is a great song of hope and healing and looking forward.  I love it too, although it's officially Cant's  :laugh: :laugh:

Lilgma, I see you reading.  I so hope you feel better soon.  Thinking about you.  Please post when you can.  LY, Mary 💜💜💜💜

Morning my Queen, so how many sisters come?  You have a really close family.  Do you cook or all go out together?  The sun is out!!  Yay, it will still be chilly but at least not dark and wet.  Did you read GillyBlossom said hi to you and that she is thinking of you?  You are right, Sly would learn quicker than me  :(. I am a wuss when it comes to being firm.  He thinks "no" means wait a minute and try again.  Tim does some better than me, bit not a lot  :D :D.  Love you woman, think of you always.  Your Lady Mary x Hen 💜💜💜💜

Morning Trish awe that damn fear never goes.lt is natural we really don't want to suffer and when we cut generally we do.l know you will get through this honey I know you are scared but you have to just cut a little and wait.l really believe you have the best tool of all holding really helps you quicker than most here so use it.l know you want this over with trust me l do as well however for now we do what we can and know we will get through this.l know you are going to get off this poison so go for it honey.We are all here for you.love you my lST X

Morning Troch it sounds as though you have a good one there.What she said is very true anxiety can cause weight lose and exhaustion.On top of that withdrawal can cause both as well so it is a double whammy.The weight will come back when you get to a more stable place.I hope you have a better day.love to you.X

Morning Suzy well done my love.l think it is always good to declutter.l know you are feeling the up and down of withdrawal and l have to say that is very normal for me.I know that is the hardest part however hopefully the longer you hold the shorter the blips.l hope you have a good day.love you.X

Morning Olive l am delighted you got home safely.l am so glad you are here my love you are such an inspiration.l can only hope to be as functional as you are.l know you don't feel normal however you are still living life and that is amazing.I am so proud of you.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary I forget you don't know our vocabulary 😉. Honestly you wouldn't understand a word if you came here.We speak very differently.Thank you for the update on Gilly that is brilliant news.l am so happy she is able to get out of the house.Tell her l am proud of her.We are here if and when she needs us.As for you l hope your eyes give you a break today and your mood isn't too low.Keep shining 😂😜. love you my lady Mary HenX

. Morning Meems have you had your blood taken yet?l hope everything goes smoothly my love.love to you.X

Morning Esperanza Gilly Valley Free Olive Bill NJ Nova Miyu Espy Final GP Janice and everyone here sending you my love.X

Thanks for checking in on me Stut, now and before.  I am okayish.  Met a friend for tea yesterday and maybe another today.  My sleep is not great but I'm holding the intention that it will heal when I'm off. 

I'm still squeaking down on my taper. Once I realized that there will always be some symptoms for me as I taper, I had to figure out how much I could tolerate without making myself incapacitated. I created a scale that I first called my suffering scale but now call my tolerance scale. It helped me shift away from blaming myself if I felt symptoms because there will always be withdrawal symptoms for me of varying intensity.  As long as I stay in a range I can tolerate, I continue my slow taper and if it changes, I hold.

I hope you are doing all right Stut and that your hold is giving a little relief.  Also hope your daughter is well and that your sister and aunt are stable.

Hello to everyone in LHSG. I've been reading some but haven't been posting much. I'm wishing everyone the strength to get through another day of benzo withdrawal.  We all deserve a break.

Healthy me,

Ate you paranoid of the med because of the sx? When you taper you are going to feel sx because you are coming of the med. I agree, I hate the med too, because it makes me feel not like me. Is that what you mean by being paranoid. Maybe you need to slow down your taper. I really hope someone else chimes in, who might understand more. I do know before I new it was the benzo, i couldn't figure out, why do i feel this way. It was so strange.

Hi Stut.

Yes, I’m still here reading along. It’s now a habit of mine as I often do not have much to add in the way of tapering or even about me.

I’m still in this damn pattern of having literally a really good day, and the next day I get confused and will not go anywhere unless someone else drives. I’m hoping to break this pattern by doing a good long hold so I sure hope that these “blips” as you call them go away with this long hold. I have way too much to do to put up with this.

Yes, Mary is moving back as Brad had serious problems at his job. He now has resigned, and has a very good new job as head perfusionist at ST. Marks hospital here. And the couple across the street from us have just built a 7,500 square foot house with every luxury one can imagine at the suburb down the road from us. So the house across the street is now vacant. He is the builder of both houses. And the one across the street from us is rather luxurious also. Not as big, but fantastic inside. So Mary and Brad are coming this weekend, and if they like it, they will buy it. So now I could have them living right across the street from us. We’ll have to see how that goes. But if it’s happening, it’s happening. So as today is a good day, I’m taking advantage of that to get many things done. And I hope all is well with you and your family. ❤️

Thanks for checking in on me Stut, now and before.  I am okayish.  Met a friend for tea yesterday and maybe another today.  My sleep is not great but I'm holding the intention that it will heal when I'm off. 

I'm still squeaking down on my taper. Once I realized that there will always be some symptoms for me as I taper, I had to figure out how much I could tolerate without making myself incapacitated. I created a scale that I first called my suffering scale but now call my tolerance scale. It helped me shift away from blaming myself if I felt symptoms because there will always be withdrawal symptoms for me of varying intensity.  As long as I stay in a range I can tolerate, I continue my slow taper and if it changes, I hold.

I hope you are doing all right Stut and that your hold is giving a little relief.  Also hope your daughter is well and that your sister and aunt are stable.

Hello to everyone in LHSG. I've been reading some but haven't been posting much. I'm wishing everyone the strength to get through another day of benzo withdrawal.  We all deserve a break.

I love you changed the name from suffering to tolerable.  I am very much looking at how you are numbering when I begin to cut FH, and I think how we "name" things matter.  Good for you.  Really happy you are getting out for ️ tea.  LY. 💜💜💜

about taking a dose.

Sorry to add gloom to a

Thanks.

Healthyme,

I’m not really paranoid about this med (clonazepam), but it makes me fearful to do things I’ve done easily before like the driving. And seriously, if I’m fearful, I shouldn’t be driving.

So taking a quick look at your signature, I see you took ambien/lunesta for 3 weeks. Those are the Z drugs or as they are also called the non-tranquilizers. That sounds kind of dumb to me because they are meant to tranquillize and calm people and help them sleep. And 3 weeks of those is easily enough time to create dependency. And these drugs are just as difficult to come off of as clonazepam or any other benzo. So if you just stopped them w/o tapering, I’d say that’s part of your problems.

And then there’s the Paxil, an AD that you took from July-November of 2019. Any AD is easily just as difficult to come off as as benzos are. And from what I’ve read and also from what my Pdoc tells me, Paxil and Effexor can be especially rough to come off of. So since you tapered the Paxil in 2 weeks, you’ve rapid tapered the Paxil. So that too may be a big aspect of your difficulties.

And then there’s the clonazepam. A bit of going up and down on that is the sort of thing that can cause trouble also. So, In my opinion, just stay exactly where you are-don’t add or take away anything else. Just stay where you are and let your CNS rest and settle down and hold until you feel better. And that will take as long as it takes, but it will happen.

Hi Stut.

Yes, I’m still here reading along. It’s now a habit of mine as I often do not have much to add in the way of tapering or even about me.

I’m still in this damn pattern of having literally a really good day, and the next day I get confused and will not go anywhere unless someone else drives. I’m hoping to break this pattern by doing a good long hold so I sure hope that these “blips” as you call them go away with this long hold. I have way too much to do to put up with this.

Yes, Mary is moving back as Brad had serious problems at his job. He now has resigned, and has a very good new job as head perfusionist at ST. Marks hospital here. And the couple across the street from us have just built a 7,500 square foot house with every luxury one can imagine at the suburb down the road from us. So the house across the street is now vacant. He is the builder of both houses. And the one across the street from us is rather luxurious also. Not as big, but fantastic inside. So Mary and Brad are coming this weekend, and if they like it, they will buy it. So now I could have them living right across the street from us. We’ll have to see how that goes. But if it’s happening, it’s happening. So as today is a good day, I’m taking advantage of that to get many things done. And I hope all is well with you and your family. ❤️

Hey Intend, I hope you find a way to have really good days all the time, but then you will have to mentor me!! I would be thrilled with a really good day every other day.  Hope your weather has improved.  ACROSS the street, Run!!  No I am just picking on you.  I know it will give you some comfort to have her there and we will get the full story of Mary and Brad.  You may need to start a thread.  :laugh: :laugh:  love you woman, Pepper, and Dan 🐈🐾🐾🐾 🌹🌹🌹🌹. 🚂🚂🚂🚂💋

[31...]