The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Greetings,

I’d like to be with the long-holders  :)

43 - Mum/Mom of two beautiful autistic children. Been going through a stressful little life so far, but optimistic (sorta, maybe).

Rose xx

Rose quartz you are so very welcome here. I have been improving with my hold and for what I've been reading, most people who've hit a wall benefit from holding for a while until they are more stable to continue their taper. I'm glad you found this group.

Stutt good morning. I know you'll soon show up to say hello.

I hope you and your daughter are having a good time together. Even if she's moving out, I'm sure you'll still see her a lot and you'll probably talk every day as you both seem to be very close. I hope you're getting more windows and all your receptors are upregulating enthusiastically. You're so close to the end of this war Stutt. You're so close to being free.

Greetings,

43 - Mum/Mom of two beautiful autistic children. Been going through a stressful little life so far, but optimistic (sorta, maybe).

Rose xx

. Welcome Rose l am glad you found us.l think you have actually been off valium for several months and reinstated?If so it will take time for you to stabilise.Just hold for as long as necessary for things to settle down.l can't tell you how long it will take so be patient and in the meantime keep a journal so you can see if there is a pattern to your withdrawal symptoms.Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Love and hugs Stut X

Stutt good morning. I know you'll soon show up to say hello. I think I live in Ireland lately as Spain is very rainy in most areas and we have very bad floods, six people have died due to the floods but not in Madrid.

I hope you and your daughter are having a good time together. Even if she's moving out, I'm sure you'll still see her a lot and you'll probably talk every day as you both seem to be very close. I hope you're getting more windows and all your receptors are upregulating enthusiastically. You're so close to the end of this war Stutt. You're so close to being free.

Good morning Vali l am delighted you had a window woohoo 🎊🎉 l am so pleased for you.You are heading in the right direction.l am sorry to hear the rain is so bad l really hope it eases off very soon.l think our week is going to be drier however l will be wearing my waterproof just in case.

.I am so close however it always looks so far away.l really wish the taper was over but l will get there as will we all.l am ok very up and down as per usual.Just taking it one day at a time.

My daughter has gone so l am feeling a bit down however l am glad she is out living her life.She was away last year living in Dublin so this is better she's only down the road and l will see her every week.

..I really hope you have a good day today my lovely.Hang in there you are really doing so well.

. love you.X

Good morning Trish l am so happy you are out living your life.l know this is hard for you honey however you are adjusting and doing a lot more than you thought you could.Please stay where you are for now my lovely and don't rock the boat.l know you want to get lower however this is not the time.Stay strong my twiny.

Love you my lST.X

Good morning Suzy you are not permanently damaged you have been messed around too much and your brain couldn't handle it.Just stay where you are and allow everything to settle down.l know we all have our fears but that is withdrawal not reality.Stay strong sweetheart.love you X

Good morning Intend is Mary back today?l hope you enjoy her visit my love try not to let her annoy you.l know easier said than done.When is your next cut?l really hope you have a better day honey.love to you and Dan.X

Good morning Gilly l really hope you can get to the appointment l really think you need more support than you are getting.Maybe something you can ask about? Please stay safe and know this will pass.

. love you and have as many hugs as you need.X

Good morning Feeling you certainly have been through the mill however l do believe with time and patience you will get through this.Love to you and your hubby.X

Thank you stut! Hope you are enjoying the time with your daughter. I am sure you are  :) I was so scared yesterday. I really dont want to have to start researching  ad damage. Then find out its permanent. So confused. I know  im in bwd. I can feel it. I just hope the switching ad and the time i came off effexor is still affecting me today. The effexor happened about 3 yrs ago. So as sad as it sounds i hope i am only dealing with benzo effects. I dont want to think i will heal.if im.not. i am sorry. You probably answered me. I just have bad anxiety. I was feeling hopeful too until i thought of the other stuff. I really hope you are feeling well. You are so close!!!

Thank you stut! Hope you are enjoying the time with your daughter. I am sure you are  :) I was so scared yesterday. I really dont want to have to start researching  ad damage. Then find out its permanent. So confused. I know  im in bwd. I can feel it. I just hope the switching ad and the time i came off effexor is still affecting me today. The effexor happened about 3 yrs ago. So as sad as it sounds i hope i am only dealing with benzo effects. I dont want to think i will heal.if im.not. i am sorry. You probably answered me. I just have bad anxiety. I was feeling hopeful too until i thought of the other stuff. I really hope you are feeling well. You are so close!!!

Morning Suzy do not be googling ad damage please you will make yourself a lot worse.l know there is always a fear that we will be permanently damaged however l believe we won't be.l know it isn't a quick recovery however l do believe it does happen.Now try not to feed into all these fears honey that is anxiety doing its best to scare you.Positive self talk will help however you must know this that millions of people have got off these drugs and healed so why wouldn't we? Love you.X

ThAnk you so much stut. I was going to do that! We will heal. My anxiety gets the best of me. Omg  :smitten:

Lol Suzy l know people always talk about how bad depression is well l think anxiety is as bad.They both are extremely crippling and very difficult to live with.Try not to Google my love it can cause a lot of fear l never Google symptoms etc.Just believe in yourself and know that you will get through this.l know we have all been looking for a way to deal with anxiety and or depression however sadly we have to face it head on and find ways to cope.There is no hiding place so we just take it as it comes.Horrible as it is we will get through it.love you.X

Thanks stut! I was going to fo that. Sometimes this anxiety gets the best of me. This whole thing is unbelievable. I teally wish i was smart enough to have known better to take this stuff

Love you  :smitten:

Omg i posted twice. Stut i agree anxiety is soo bad. We just habe to learn hope to cope with it. I makes your thinking crazy!!! I am not googling sx anymore. Def can set you back. Ugh  ;D

Good morning Bill l hope you are ok please let us know how you are.l hope you are out of the wave.Thinking of you.X

Thank you Stut

I am feeling a little better late yesterday And today is starting well.  I am holding for a few days to let things settle.  So much better mentally when I’m not in a wave!  I’m going to hold probably a few more days to rest, but it’s looking better.

I hear others suffering and thinking this is permanent.  One thing I’ve learned and I think it’s part of acceptance:  none of the weird, terrifying, bizarre, annoying, excruciating, torturous symptoms are permanent.  This is just what it feels like when your nervous system is healing, nothing more.  Keep this in mind, and repeat it as necessary.  We are going to be fine....  eventually!

Take care, Bill

Good morning Bill l hope you are ok please let us know how you are.l hope you are out of the wave.Thinking of you.X

Thank you Stut

I am feeling a little better late yesterday And today is starting well.  I am holding for a few days to let things settle.  So much better mentally when I’m not in a wave!  I’m going to hold probably a few more days to rest, but it’s looking better.

I hear others suffering and thinking this is permanent.  One thing I’ve learned and I think it’s part of acceptance:  none of the weird, terrifying, bizarre, annoying, excruciating, torturous symptoms are permanent.  This is just what it feels like when your nervous system is healing, nothing more.  Keep this in mind, and repeat it as necessary.  We are going to be fine....  eventually!

Take care, Bill

Bill I'm so glad you showed up and that you're feeling a bit better since yesterday. I think I'll start cutting again when my "feeling better" lasts for three weeks straight. I don't trust these little windows as much as I appreciate them of course I do. But to start cutting again I want to feel well for more than just one day. I'm praying we all heal at our own pace and mostly, I hope we don't forget living in the interval.

Greetings,

Rose xx

Welcome Rose to our group, lots of really nice people here. 

Good morning Feeling you certainly have been through the mill however l do believe with time and patience you will get through this.Love to you and your hubby.X

Thank you Stut

I'm okay.  Had a window yesterday, which was nice.  Went for a walk with my husband but over did it without knowing it.  Didnt sleep last night and woke with lots of anxiety.  But I'm okay despite that. No depression is a win for me. 

I hope you are doing all right.  I'm sometimes confused with who is tapering  at the moment and who is holding.  I think you are holding right now? 

Rose quartz you are so very welcome here. I have been improving with my hold and for what I've been reading, most people who've hit a wall benefit from holding for a while until they are more stable to continue their taper. I'm glad you found this group.

Thank you  :smitten:

[35...]