Tapering table

[Ch...]

The point is, you are making it through the night with only a total of 2mg.

Since sleep is the major issue, why are you taking the drug for during the day?

You will get anxiety sick with any taper - but hopefully, if you get enough sleep, you can tolerate it during the day.

What sort of sickness did you get in the past? 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [...]

• [Pa...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I get you

My health issues has to do with flight or fight, the first time was when a doctor gave me digestive enymes (muliplie dosages) I could not swallow my food at all.  That led to severe anxiety were I could not sleep.  They actually threw me on larazspam where I did high taper and I wasn't able to work for 3 years.

This caused trauma and resulted in similar situation 3 more times (My flight/fight response). This is my 4th tramua.  I believe because I as on antibiotics for many years it messeed up stomach and brain.  I love the idea of only having 4 mg to taper. 

When do you think the sickness would start with Klonopin..... probably not the first or 2nd day

PS.  I'm an accountant, so I like math too, i'm just not a wiz at it exspecially with not thinking very good. 

so I'm concerned about vomiting and not being able to eat. 

Would you be oppossed to talking with the other admins to see to they had any ideas.  or I wonder I  should split the .5 in 1/2 for a week and see how that works. 

Would you be oppossed to asking Colin?  I have no idea.  I've lost 21 pounds since thanksgiving with this whole mess and like I said I wish I would not have listened to my pdoc.  I'm so sad.  It just seems the longer I wait with taper the harder it will be.  Please help me.  I know I'm begging, but please help. 

Charlene

I think Bob has given you some very good advice and options to consider. The only way you'll know if something will work or not is to experiment and try. Unfortunately in benzo withdrawal there is no "one size fits all" and no guarantees, we are all different and we all have to experiment on ourselves to try and find the best way forward. I understand you've been through a lot but somewhere you'll have to make a decision and try something despite the fear. 

I also want to address another misconception. You asked for input from the admins. Just because we are "admins" does not mean we have "better" advice than any other person here on the forum. It simply means we help out with the daily management of the forum.

I think it would be good if you could commit to a course of action - at least in the short term and see how your body reacts.  :thumbsup:

Charlene

I think Bob has given you some very good advice and options to consider. The only way you'll know if something will work or not is to experiment and try. Unfortunately in benzo withdrawal there is no "one size fits all" and no guarantees, we are all different and we all have to experiment on ourselves to try and find the best way forward. I understand you've been through a lot but somewhere you'll have to make a decision and try something despite the fear. 

I also want to address another misconception. You asked for input from the admins. Just because we are "admins" does not mean we have "better" advice than any other person here on the forum. It simply means we help out with the daily management of the forum.

I think it would be good if you could commit to a course of action - at least in the short term and see how your body reacts.  :thumbsup:

I appreciate your input Jelly Belly.  Please wish me luck, I guess I can always go back to the .5Mg, right.

I always ask the same question to many people.  If you are a Christian, I ask for your prayers.  It's been very hard for me and this seems impossible right now.  Thank you

Jelly Belly and Bob, I guess I will skip the morning .5 dose.  If I get too sick and can't eat I'll have to go back up. I'll know that by next week sometime since Klonopin 1/2 life is 20 to 50 hours. 

Thank you both for you help.  I will keep in touch

Jelly Belly and Bob, I guess I will skip the morning .5 dose.  If I get too sick and can't eat I'll have to go back up. I'll know that by next week sometime since Klonopin 1/2 life is 20 to 50 hours. 

Thank you both for you help.  I will keep in touch

or do you think it would make be more gentle to taper .125mg every week for four weeks and then start the titration.  Bob would you be around for that? (Giving you a four week break?)

I have been laying in bed for nearly 2.5 hours with my first does of klonopin 1.5 MG.  May by chance I can ask someone for a new plan.  I will try tomorrow the same plan tomorrow as well. but I'm confused and frustrated.  I'm wondering if I should do a 1/8 taper over a month for quickness, although that does not help my sleeping. 

I'm going to take my .5mg 2nd dose now and maybe I'll fall asleep.  It's mid night here in Wisconsin. 

There is a suppliment called happy, sleepy powder but I'm sensitive to suppluments. Anyone want to take a look?

Thank you

I have been laying in bed for nearly 2.5 hours with my first does of klonopin 1.5 MG.  May by chance I can ask someone for a new plan.  I will try tomorrow the same plan tomorrow as well. but I'm confused and frustrated.  I'm wondering if I should do a 1/8 taper over a month for quickness, although that does not help my sleeping. 

I'm going to take my .5mg 2nd dose now and maybe I'll fall asleep.  It's mid night here in Wisconsin. 

There is a suppliment called happy, sleepy powder but I'm sensitive to suppluments. Anyone want to take a look?

Thank you

Charlene, there is going to be some discomfort while tapering no matter how we go about it.  One needs to stick with a plan more than 24 hours to settle in with it and see how it will work.  Jumping to a new plan when you have not given this one a fair shot is not logical.  And if you want to look into supplements, then check out the Other Medications board or the Insomnia board and do some research there.

Kate08

but Kate this isn't a new plan.  Since Dec I've been going to sleep at 1.5 mg and it's just getting worse/.  Sticking at it for more then 24 hours has already been done with this part of the plan. 

The change with the plan was getting up when I wake up and take another .5mg.  I was able to sleep about 4-5 hours once I did that but I should be falling asleep at 1.5 mg in the begininng of the night not having to struggle since 1.5 is rather large dose

I know we don't want to use all 5 pills because then the taper will be longer, but I am as a lose.  that you for listening

Charlene,

Did you take the 1.5 mg at least 45 minutes before bed and then take a hot bath and then read until you felt sleepy

You must do all three things.

Do not put your head all the pillow until your eyes so are tired you cannot keep them open. 

Did you do all three things?

and is the reason we are not titrating the 5th because then we can do 200 days instead of 300?

So I can't to hot baths but I can do hot shower.  sound good. 

People also ask

Does Cymbalta at night cause insomnia?

Official Answer. Not being able to sleep (also called insomnia) is one of the most common side effects reported by people taking Cymbalta. In some people, this side effect improves after a couple of weeks of taking Cymbalta, but difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep can persist in others.Jan 19, 2022

I take cymbalta at night, Perhaps I should change this to the morning?

I'm not trying to be negative but I'm scared will there be another way if this doesn't work?  Or am I at a loss.... I am so scared.  i'm sorry I am being so difficut for you, I 'm so sorry.  just need help.  I have a  lot going on and I don't know how to fix. 

You might want to ask about Cymbalta on this board, there people with experience with it will respond to you.  Other Medications   

I know you're scared but you have a lot of people trying to help you and Bob7 has broken down exactly what he feels you can do to help yourself get started.  He's broken down this process into manageable steps for you, we understand everything is overwhelming right now so try to follow these steps tonight, and don't worry about tomorrow or the next day, just do this simple request.

And yes, a warm shower will be just fine.

You might want to ask about Cymbalta on this board, there people with experience with it will respond to you.  Other Medications   

I know you're scared but you have a lot of people trying to help you and Bob7 has broken down exactly what he feels you can do to help yourself get started.  He's broken down this process into manageable steps for you, we understand everything is overwhelming right now so try to follow these steps tonight, and don't worry about tomorrow or the next day, just do this simple request.

Thank's Pamstter.  :smitten: You are right I'm scared  and I feel like there is no hope.  I know Bob knows how much I appreciated his help.  It's me my body is so sensitive. 

And yes, a warm shower will be just fine.

Thank's Pamstter.  :smitten: You are right I'm scared  and I feel like there is no hope.  I know Bob knows how much I appreciated his help.  It's me, it's my body is so sensitive. 

Pamster.  So part of the plan is getting rid of .5 mg klonopin.  Bob wants me to stop taking it cold turkey se we only have 2 MG to work with not 2.5.  (Right now I still took the .5)

What would you do.  Would you come off abrubtly or my thought was to wean 1/8 (.125) of the pill each night for 4 weeks.  Just looking for an opinion.  I had to come off fast like that in one day and get nausea and have a hard time eating.  I'm wondering if after 100 hours (life span of klon) and you don't get nausea if you'd be safe.

Just looking for an opinion and some insights. thank you

Charlene,

I think you missed my post.  I support you doing 0.125 mg for 4 weeks instead of 0.5mg cold turkey.

Either way, you still have 2 mg in your blood which (in my opinion) is a large amount.

You need to pick a plan and do it.

Charlene,

I think you missed my post.  I support you doing 0.125 mg for 4 weeks instead of 0.5mg cold turkey.

Either way, you still have 2 mg in your blood which (in my opinion) is a large amount.

Ok.  thank you.  My only concern is holding off on the taper.  Do you think that's a big deal?

Charlene,

Ok.  thank you.  My only concern is holding off on the taper.  Do you think that's a big deal?

?????

If you are reducing 0.125mg per week, you are not holding off on your taper.

Charlene,

?????

If you are reducing 0.125mg per week, you are not holding off on your taper.

Huh you made me smile, duh I was thinking of the liquid taper and hoping it would not disrupt any sleep-help by waiting (does waiting longer and longer make you sleep less because of tolerance)