Tapering table

[Ch...]

Sunday evening - restless from 2 am to 4 am but did not take the .5 until 4 am and then the other. 5 arounds 8  Note my total dosage is 2.5 (I may have said 4.5 along the way). To recap, Friday evening got up to takemy pill and Saturday did not get up to taka a pill

P.S.  my constipation is always bad, I was on antibiotics for 15 years for acne and is messed up digestion. I'm very sensitive with fibromyalgia and have a difficult time eating (like nothing looks good but I'm hungry. ( this only happens when I'm anxious otherwise my eating is normal)

So Bob, could you give me an example using the five .5 mg pills.  Or is that too much of a pain. 

I anxous and confused on how much water, how many days, how much you take out each day ext.  Or to you want to wait a couple days, I know you are busy.  thank you have a good day.

I can make a taper example but I need to first know if you are successful in our plan to only take 1.5mg at bed and then another 0.5 mg each time during the night as needed to maintain sleep (never more than 2.5 mg total).

You need to do this for a week or two, keeping a careful record of how much you consumed each night and if you symptoms are tolerable so we can start the taper.

Ok.  Can you explain why we need to do this just to help me.  So just to be clear, Am I supposedd to only grabb .5 mg each night, but not the other .5 mg which I typically take in the morning.  or if I can't sleep can I take both .5 during the night that would equal 1MG. (So 1.5 at start of night and then the rest is 1 MG which I just was to make sure I'm doing this right.  Just looking for an explanation because I don't get it.  (Sorry about that).  I will continue to keep a record.  Thanks Bob

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [...]

• [Pa...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having your take your benzos in 3 times during the night to help you get ready for the liquid taper method.

When you do the liquid taper method, you will do this:

Each evening, you will put 2.5 mg of benzo into 300 mL of water.  You can then drink about half before bed (do not worry about being exact).  Then, each time you watch up during the night, drink a little more to help you sleep.  In the morning, drink anything leftover.

Each day, we will taper a little bit of the 300 mL for a total of 300 days.

I am having your take your benzos in 3 times during the night to help you get ready for the liquid taper method.

When you do the liquid taper method, you will do this:

Each evening, you will put 2.5 mg of benzo into 300 mL of water.  You can then drink about half before bed (do not worry about being exact).  Then, each time you watch up during the night, drink a little more to help you sleep.  In the morning, drink anything leftover.

Each day, we will taper a little bit of the 300 mL for a total of 300 days.

Thanks so much for the explanation.  Please keep me in your prayers.  I am so scrared since I've already done this 2X with klonopin and 1X with larazapam.  (I have some odd health issues that caused this) I sure hope I can do this with the klonopin.  Thank you for helping me.  I don't know what I would do without you -- a mathamathical genious.  My husband thanks you too.  :smitten:

Friday - Took pill around 2 (took remainder .5 mg at around 8 am

Sat - no additional pill  (took 1.0 mg at around 8 am

Sun- restless 2 to 4 got up at 4 to take additinal pill (took .5 mg at around 8)

Mon - restless probably around 2 to 4 took additional pill at 3:45 and other .5 at around 8 am

Tues (15th) took additional pill at 2:46 a.m  and final pill at around 8 am. 

Wed (16th) took additional pill at 2:30 a.m and final pill at around 8 am. 

Thur (17th) took additional pill after squirming around for probably a couple of ours at 3.08.

When I take my first 1.5 mg pill when going to bed sometmes it takes an hour to an hour and 1/2 to fall asleep (between 9:30 pm and 10).  The dog wakes me up around 7:30 if not sooner

I'm really scared because of tolerance.  Will we be able to to this?  Is there any assurance you can give me?  I appreciate all of your help.  I wish I would not have listened to my doctor.

Be assured many people have done this before you.  But you must be realistic because you're tapering off of a strong medication there will be some suffering. The key is to limit the suffering so it's tolerable as you taper.  You also need to learn non drug methods to reduce your anxiety.

Charlene,

You say you take 90 minutes to fall asleep after taking 1.5 mg of your benzo.

Did you originally start benzos for insomnia?

Yes between 1 hour to 90 minutues I started benzo for high anziety after a health crisis where I could not eat or sleep.  I never had an issue with insomnia before and the 2nd time in 2019 where 1.5 mg ( I took 1.5) to sleep to was basicially the same reason (could not eat or sleep)

I do end up with one .5 pill in the morning that I take.

I know you are trying to help, thank you.  can you discuss with others.  I am so sensitive with my health.  Is there anything we can do.  I'm so angry that I listened to my doctor with this 3rd health crisis.  I just want off.  Please help

Well that is interesting and hopeful.

So out of the 2.5 mg, you take 1.5mg at bed, 0.5mg in the middle of the night, and 0.5 mg on wake up?

Do you feel rested during the day?

I feel tired at times during the day.  I cry everyday which doesn't help I have to get a handle on.  Sometimes my head is spinning and I don't feel normal.  Other times I'm fine. 

I'm scared.  I'm scared I won't be able to eat or sleep.  and I know slow and steady wins the rate at least it did not last two times.  But this time is different.  That last two time I started to feed normal and that's when I knew I could start weaning off.  The weaning was easy those two time (dry cut, weight)

No with this time I feel like I need to get off faster because of the tolerance or withdrawel or what ever it is.  I get twitches in my arms so I don't know if that' withdrawel or tolerance.  I tried to do the Ashton manual way and my stomach was in way too much pain.

I did not answer your question.  Yes, those are the correct dosages. 

You might feel drugged during the day because you take the last 0.5mg in the AM.

The whole point is to see how much you really need to sleep right now.

You seem to be getting by with 1.5mg at bed and 0.5 mg in the middle of the night.

Do you really need the 0.5 mg in the morning?

I started the klonopin December 1 of 2021.... does that matter?  I'm guessing no.

I started 11/3/2019 and ended around early Oct 2020 with No problems (My last time with Klonopin)

If you do not need the 0.5 mg in the morning, then you are well on your way.

If it was me, I would take the 1.5mg about 45 minutes before your desired bedtime.  Then take a very warm bath.  Then read in bed.  Then, when you feel sleepy, put down the book and drift off.

Take your second 0.5 mg when you wake up in the middle of the night.

Do this for a week and then we can talk about a slow liquid taper.

for Odd reasons I can't take a bath.  So am I still left with a .5 pilll in the a.m.

May I ask why I just don't take all 5 pills once going to bed? 

No, I mean 1.5mg about 45 minutes before bed.

Then save the other 0.5 mg if you wake up in the middle of the night.

Sure, you can try Utube relax video but a book is better to make you sleepy.

Oh, don't take the .05 in the a.m.  Don't you think I will get sick?  Just asking.  I am very afraid of this entire process.  I'm sorry I take up so much of you time.  I hope in the end we will get this

You will always get sick while trying to get off benzos.

The question is, can your tolerant the extra daytime anxiety so you can continue your taper?

For me, if I could get a good night sleep, then I was willing to tolerate the anxiety during the day. 

So if you can do without the 0.5 mg in the AM, you will be well into a good taper.

I suggest you then hold at 1.5 mg about 45 minutes before bed with the other 0.5mg in the middle of the night. 

Hold for about 2 weeks or until you feel stable enough and want to start the liquid taper.

Bob -

I'm a bit scared of not taking the .05 mg dose in the morning.  Since this is a longer acting Benzo, right, so won't I get sick later on in the week?  Plus I'm afraid of staying sick.  I remember having a dosage issue last time and I did not get sick until later (and then had to go  back up)

I'm sorry, Are there other ingenious ideas you could think of? I'd be perfect with this if I knew how I'd respond.  So sorry to bug you again but I'm hoping you my have a few more 'if it were me' situations.  Thanks Charlene