Night Owl - A Safe Place for Insomniacs to Chat The Night Away/Not Feel Lonely

[Bl...]

I get sick of waking up early with panic and whatever.  It's horrible.  If I didn't have so much to deal with each day, I think I'd sleep alot better.  I also have bad dreams now too all the time and wake up before they get to the really bad part.  I have dreams where I can't accomplish anything anymore.  It's a reflection of how my life is now.  I can't get anything done anymore.  Anyone else have bad dreams that wake them up?  I do take Drs Best Elemental Magnesium, but only just about a half a pill and it does help me sleep.  If I take too much it has a paradoxical reaction and then I can't sleep.  I also take a baby aspirin at bedtime too for my Lupus and that helps me sleep as well.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bl...]

• [Ac...]

• [Mi...]

• [Sh...]

3:42 AM US EST.....is anyone awake besides me? LOL

I went and worked out at my 24/7 fitness ctr bc I could not sleep. I am now back home and still feel wired. Ugh--

I slept  deeply for a few hours... last night i had zero and was anxiety all night and day until night came...tonight I am in acceptance and remaining calm...i have stories on and basically have the frame of mind of F it....if i get sleep, if not ill lay here listening to stories...much different attitude

how you doing?

I am ok Blue, except I can't sleep my friend (LOL). How are you? I had a 1 HR nap at 3PM today and that ruined everything for me. I try hard not to nap during the day. Sometimes tho, the urge to sleep at the most inopportune times is overwhelming. Ugh--

tonight I am in acceptance and remaining calm...i have stories on and basically have the frame of mind of F it....if i get sleep

That is a good attitude! Sleep will come when it comes.  :)

I woke up at 330 Central time.  Can't go back to sleep.  Much better than last night.  I actually went to bed at 8 so that was 7 hours, and plenty of sleep.  I just don't like that my heart rate is still 118 bpm an hour after waking.

that's great accident....i woke up 330am too...after going out at 1230am listening to stories...so far 5 hours...and yes much better from last nights hell....grateful...i feel some anxiety but nothing like yesterday...wishful thinking i put the stories back on hoping to sleep more....no dice so far....

that's great accident....i woke up 330am too...after going out at 1230am listening to stories...so far 5 hours...and yes much better from last nights hell....grateful...i feel some anxiety but nothing like yesterday...wishful thinking i put the stories back on hoping to sleep more....no dice so far....

I was happy with it.  I might have even dozed again for 10 or 20 minutes.  You improved from the previous night too.  The next one will be even better for the both of us- we're going to build back after the traumatic night. 

My anxiety is much lower too, although still present.  I think that will give us momentum to have a better day and then a better night tonight.  It's almost 7 here so I'm about to get up.

When you're trying to go back to sleep, do you sometimes start to fall asleep and then jolt awake like your body is like" no no no" no sleep for you?

I was happy with it.  I might have even dozed again for 10 or 20 minutes.  You improved from the previous night too.  The next one will be even better for the both of us- we're going to build back after the traumatic night. 

My anxiety is much lower too, although still present.  I think that will give us momentum to have a better day and then a better night tonight.  It's almost 7 here so I'm about to get up.

When you're trying to go back to sleep, do you sometimes start to fall asleep and then jolt awake like your body is like" no no no" no sleep for you?

Agree...I believe we will have a much better day and night and build from the our hell night...I've got Kelly Howell downloaded my3 on for healing..subliminal messages...its great background noise...shes a great teacher on meditation...I took her class on line..it helped...I still meditate..some days are better than others but I do it

my anxiety was was low when I woke up at 330am but now is almost gone...I think I've got this wave on the tail end...

when I am trying to fall asleep? I'm having this monkey chatter brain telling me all kinds of crap..none of these thoughts are helpful or need to addressed...These thoughts have been going on for years in my case..its why I took Valium 20mg a night...I would still have thoughts/monkey chatter before sleep they just didn't have any effect or sting...brain was numb..I recall being high on V many times and thinking "that thought can wait until tomorrow" and they would bounce off me one after another until sleep came like "oh, yea that bill? I deal with that tomorrow". I read/listened to a Book called Spark that really helped put perceptive on healing and exercise...it was suggested by another BB..I started back to the gym as a result of the book..

Nice!  Glad your anxiety is almost gone!  Mine is building for my morning anxiety and health anxiety.  Worried about my gi sx.  But I need to shift focus from those thoughts to something more positive.  We are supposed to get 10 inches of snow and I'm looking forward to taking my kids out to play in it.  In the past, I'd be looking forward to an adult"snow day" too, but now with home offices and such I'll still have to work. 

Anyone else have something positive going on?

I have the benzo WD cortisol rush like clockwork every morning. 50% of the anxiety is because I am dirt poor and worried about my future. The other 50% is chemical and due to WD. I am hoping it resolves for me very soon. Once I get up and get going, I feel a little bit better. Every morning, I wake up with severe anxiety and depression and I lay in bed for an hour or two trying to 'relax' and 'self-talk' it away. It's not easy.

HM

I slept from 830 until 230.  I fell asleep putting my kids to bed.  I like that I got my 5 in but sure wish I could fall back asleep, and don't like my heart rate being so high.  How are you doing?

It's "only" 85 bpm now but was 115 when I woke up.  I did fall back asleep briefly several times while listening to the anxiety guys podcast, but each time was like 5 minutes and when I woke back up it was 115 again

Tachycardia (fast heart beat) is one of the "more common" WD symptoms...I had that for about a month too. 

Now that I have a sleep number bed that records my heart rate and respiration rate, it's nice to see that it is in the mid to upper 50s (heart rate) while I sleep.

If you've never had Tachycardia before Benzos, it will eventually fade and end!  :thumbsup:

I think I might be going through another wave. :( Last night I couldn’t keep my legs still. It was like a deep, internal tickle that I couldn’t ignore. Then it happened in my shoulders and arms. I ended up falling asleep but woke up to burning pain in my chest and arms that felt like I was being boiled inside, but I was freezing cold on the outside and shaking. Eventually that burning feeling went to my legs, which didn’t seem to bother me as bad because I did end up falling asleep again.

It's "only" 85 bpm now but was 115 when I woke up.  I did fall back asleep briefly several times while listening to the anxiety guys podcast, but each time was like 5 minutes and when I woke back up it was 115 again

I love podcasts. I don't watch much TV anymore. I will search for and listen to the anxiety guys podcast tonight. Usually, I can fall asleep within one hour while listening.  I set a one-hour sleep timer to shut the audio off so that once asleep, the sound does not wake me back up. I typically wake back up tho on my own regardless. LOL

My sleep was ok last night but I awoke with high anxiety.