Top Posters In This Topic

• [An...]

• [Sh...]

• [Pa...]

• [Th...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Antibenzo I haven’t heard anything back from WPWP

have you?

Also  I’ve been lowering my Valium and have been having mild symptoms lately. I feel like I don’t need it when it’s time for my morning dose. I’m at 2.5 and am considering going faster. Where are you at and are you experiencing the same thing?

Most of my anxiety and depression is self driven from being stuck on this poison.

Joeb

Hi Joeb,

I am on approx. 1.5 mgs. of valium.  No, I have not seen WPWP. I hope he is doing ok.

How long have you been on 2.5? What are the mild sxs that you mentioned?

Most of my anxiety and depression is self driven from being stuck on this poison.

I agree with you. Last time I jumped at 2.5 and it did not go good. It seems like I start getting hammered really bad from complete valium stoppage after about 10-14 days. That was when all hell broke loose and I was hanging on for dear life. These drugs are horrible and I have been taking them over 30 years now. I am uncertain if I will ever be able to feel normal after taking this crap for so long but I am still trying and I remain hopeful.

Did you crossover to valium from another benzo?

I just tapered last Sunday, I had crossed over from Ativan which was a nightmare,

it’s in my forum summary. Anxiety and depression along with burning in my face with that medicated feeling that comes and goes. The most frustrating is lack of appetite. I started reducing a quarter pill every 2 weeks except last Sunday I only waited a week, I hope i don’t regret it.

Are you getting that low dose bs from your docs is that why you cold turkeyed?

OIC it now. I must have overlooked your signature. I agree. The short acting benzos are a nightmare. I don't see how some ppl direct taper them. The underneath skin burning will eventually go away. That is a classic benzo w/d sx. I had it particularly bad with klonopin....with valium also, but not nearly as bad as when I was on klonopin.

I am trying to deal with my anxiety using meditation and mild exercise. I still see a psychologist for talk therapy, but that is mostly useless IMO.

Are you getting that low dose bs from your docs is that why you cold turkeyed?

No, not really. I think I thought I would be able to get away jumping off at 2.5 mgs but oh boy, was I wrong. I am probably going to start scraping the 1.5 pieces since I can't really break them in half anymore. I know it is still going to be very rough no matter what I do when I finally stop again (after over 30 years of being on this junk), but hopefully better than last time.

Have you decided (at what dose) when you are gonna take the plunge?

Have you decided (at what dose) when you are gonna take the plunge?

Not yet, I am going slower than the Ativan but did speed up a bit on the last cut. I am getting tired of feeling crappy and tapering but there aren’t many choices. I hate also cutting and weighing pills

But I tried liquid pharma and it made me nauseous. My doc prescribed Oxcarbazepine but I hate taking more meds. Same with my psych who wants to take me off Remeron and put me on Lexipro or Prozac but I don’t want to go thru that.

I wish my only symptom was sleep like WP wud like to know how he did on his jump

I know we r all different but it still is motivating.

Are going to try liquid since the pill is to hard to cut???? I heard the “home brew” option works but I’m a little nervous about the alcohol

How often do you dose?

I heard the “home brew” option works but I’m a little nervous about the alcohol

I do not blame you. DMLT is not for me either.

Are going to try liquid since the pill is to hard to cut?

No, no liquid diazepam. I will take a razor and start shaving. I know this will be imprecise but I am super sensitive to all meds, not just benzos. I probably need tiny and tinier amounts in my brain as I feel bad and adjust instead of just jumping again like I did last time....IDK. Since what I did last time did not work, I will do something different this time.

Same with my psych who wants to take me off Remeron and put me on Lexipro or Prozac but I don’t want to go thru that.

I do not blame you. Do you plan on staying on the remeron or not?

I don't know how I managed with my very imprecise DLMT from Xanax. I suck at math and was so brain-dead from insomnia, I couldn't spend all that time shaving and weighing. I admire those of you who are so dedicated. I got lucky that I was able to taper off just using 200ml water and a 2mg Xanax dissolved in it and lowering my doses down over 6 months. I didn't even rinse the glass or anything. Very sloppy, to be honest. I have been off over 2 and a half months now. Crazy.

Hang in there, being 'off' is right around the corner!

HM