• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [An...]

• [Sh...]

• [Pa...]

• [Th...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Excited for u WP! The taper for me was absolute torture too. Still hard now but at least that parts over.

Jump party in 2 weeks! Woop woop xx

WPWP, I just read through your thread and the many times you apologized for "complaining". Please don't feel you are complaining. I am also someone who hardly asks for support because I feel others are so much worse off than me.

Whatever you are going through, you are worthy of just as much support as anyone else. I am exhausted and I average 3hrs a night. I can't imagine how nothing must feel!

Just hang in there! Better nights are coming. And please let us be there for you. You don't have to go through this by yourself.  :smitten:

Thank you Jelly, I appreciate your response, I’m typically one that rather suffer in silence but feel like I got my answer from posting my feelings and I feel confident in my decision. I’m here for you as well. <3

I went vegan several years ago, and was juicing as well, creating very large blood sugar spikes and crashes, which lead to elevated cortisol levels at night, everything began falling apart and my sleep got worse and worse until i had to head to the er and then given a benzo there, along with a $15,000 bill. Short answer was sleep, but I figured it out after all was said and done what the source of the problem was.

Oh good, you have an organic reason for your previous sleeplessness so no need to worry about it returning, once you heal from the cure that is.  :P

Did you cold turkey at 2.5mgs valium or still tapering?

1mg.....I will try dropping again at the end of Feb. 2022

edit:

Did you start taking benzos for insomnia or something else?  I see you answered Pam's question.

I went vegan several years ago, and was juicing as well, creating very large blood sugar spikes and crashes, which lead to elevated cortisol levels at night, everything began falling apart and my sleep got worse and worse until i had to head to the er and then given a benzo there, along with a $15,000 bill. Short answer was sleep, but I figured it out after all was said and done what the source of the problem was.

There is unhealthy Vegan and whole food plant-based vegan. You should never drink your healthy plant foods (smoothies and juicing) for example but rather eat them (chew). If you go WFPB, BG should not spike considerably. It is the fat in cells that actually paralyzes insulin, making you insensitive and diabetic over time. Many ppl blame high BG on carbs but in reality, it is high fat coupled with refined and processed carbs. I eat neither. I have personally seen too many ppl die of heart disease by eating these meat and dairy centric diets. I do eat a little chicken and fish, but the amount is minimal. I eat mostly oat groats, variety of greens, okra, green leafy salads, little fruit, beans for protein instead of meat, etc. You have to choose your carbs very carefully. Most ppl will not eat healthy like this because they say it does not taste very good but the taste buds do adapt. I hated it at first bc I had eaten the standard American diet for most of my life but after about 2 months of consistently eating like this, you come to really enjoy your new healthier way of eating. It is also fantastic for weight loss and weight management after the loss.

I never push my way of eating on others tho but rather present it to ppl as something they should consider to see if it helps or not.  :)

yes diets can be a controversial topic for some, my diet is nose to tail animal meats and organs, eggs, good fats like tallow and ghee and low sugar berries like blueberries, blackberries etc and just water and bone broth.

Prior to going vegan I never had a poor night of sleep in my life. I’m 35 years old. It was a combination of the juicing and removing meat and eggs for me that set this up, also going long stretches without eating. Took about 2 years from when i went vegan to the savage insomnia, wasn’t instantaneous so i wasn’t sure of the causal connection but ive discovered it, now I just need to throw away this valium in the next few weeks and I’ll be on my way.

Why did you even try it if things were going good? I eat the way I do now for mostly prevention of medical problems in the future. I was not actually having many present problems before I decided to change.

It was from a spiritual perspective, I had an “awakening” and began listening to Ram Dass and that was his diet, I regret it big time and can’t believe the hell ive put myself through the last 3 years, im completely embarrassed and disappointed in myself

It was from a spiritual perspective, I had an “awakening” and began listening to Ram Dass and that was his diet, I regret it big time and can’t believe the hell ive put myself through the last 3 years, im completely embarrassed and disappointed in myself

Nothing wrong with what u did mate. Funny my problems started when I was vegan too x

Thanks for sharing! Interesting---

Good morning!

I was just reading all your posts about diet etc. I want to clean up my diet but I am not sure which direction to go. I have lost weight on Keto many times in my life but it's hard to stick to long term. I just watched a video on YouTube about the importance of gut health and how gut health is the number one determiner of health issues down the road. I already have thyroid issues. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. The video was by a Doctor who ended up presenting a supplement but it still got my attention. I have had gut issues my whole life and maybe that is where I should focus. I have also thought about a Paleo diet as that is the diet humans ate and survived on for thousands of years and maybe that is the diet that is best for me today.

I am 52 and have been on the SAD (Standard American Diet) most of my life when I am not on Keto. I weighed 110 pounds in my 20's, 120 pounds in my 30's and 40's and now I am 52 and weigh 137. My weight is slowly creeping up over the years.

I am not sure how much of a role diet plays in my sleep right now. I believe my insomnia is mostly caused by benzo withdrawal. It's back and forth but getting better overall. Last night was pretty good. The few nights before were not as good.

I'm flying to Los Angeles to meet a friend for the weekend. I hope I am able to sleep while I am there. If I am tired, it may affect my ability to have a good time.

Hope you all have a great day!

HM

I personally think anything is better than the SAD. SAD is essentially combining Keto with refined and processed carbs. It is the worst of both worlds but is sadly the diet that most Americans are eating. 40% of American adults aged 20 and over are obese. 71.6% of adults aged 20 and over are overweight. That is an appalling statistic.

HeartMost: I feel like paleo is more than fine if you are sticking to that, my guys for nutritional advice and research are Paul Chek and Paul Saladino. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

WPWP,

Thanks for the tip! I will look into Paleo as I have only done Keto before. I want to be HEALTHY, not just thinner, although being thinner wouldn't be a bad thing.

AB7,

Regarding statistics. A few years ago, at about 46 or 47, I used to weigh 125 pounds at 5'5" (I am female) and I wore almost the smallest size jeans they make for women. I was a size 25. My BMI was perfect but I got comments all the time about how 'skinny' I was. It was weird. I am 137 now and still wear size 'small' in many things. When I was in high school, 125 was like a medium and 125 was a size 7. Now it's a size 2. They changed the labels in clothing to accommodate larger bodies. It's weird.

HeartMost: I feel like paleo is more than fine if you are sticking to that, my guys for nutritional advice and research are Paul Chek and Paul Saladino. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

WP how did your jump go?? Let us know how you are doing

Congrats

Joeb

You can't sleep because you are full of toxins and pathogens (we all are). You need to change your diet completely (we all need to) to let your body detoxify and you will be fine and start to sleep normally. You are not damaged permanently, you are just under attack.

Start reading Anthony Williams books, and start healing. Do not be scared, you will bi ok, you just need to act, not just wait to heal, you have to fight, do concrete actions. Read, learn and act.

Cheers