Only severe insomnia remains

[Sh...]

“Make anxiety your *itch”— literally laughing over here. I agree. At a certain point I had to say “ok, bring it- don’t sing it” with regard to all of this. I believe that might be radical acceptance. What choice do we have really? I got worse by fighting the anxiety, insomnia, etc....

I agree BTW about letting the brain just come back to sleep naturally. I tried the other stuff at first and it did not work at all.

This is all going to pass. For sure.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [Th...]

• [Qu...]

• [He...]

Yep 👍🏼 radical acceptance is the only way forward. This is my life and fuck you insomnia/anxiety/whatever I’m going to live my life.

I am getting stronger every day now. I can feel it. On bad days it’s easy to slide back to the darkness. U have to hold the progress. Don’t slip.

It reminds me of when I had my babies. Any woman who has given birth knows the desire to give up, it’s too hard.

My midwife at that point gave me a mirror. (I did ask her to go a find a smaller mirror as what I saw was a little too confronting haha) she said “right, I want you to watch when u push. At the end of each contraction, I want u told hold that pressure. Keep that baby where u have pushed it to. Then when the next contraction comes, push again. Then repeat”

This is what we all need to do. Don’t let ur progress slide because it’s too hard in those difficult moments. Hold the progress

Hello Quarantine,

you're back on flurazepam? How much is it?

Is it helping again? Why didn't the switch to diazepam work then?

Kind regards

15mg helped in weaning off antipsy and a little bit with tinnitus, (low quality) sleep, less zolpidem needed, but it's not so good for the mood the day after. I'd like to move at 10mg but I need a prescription for a compound pharmacy.

I want to find a mix where I can hold and try a slow taper again.

Diazepam does almost nothing to me for sleep at 5-7mg.

Sometimes I thought about a klonopine cross over but likely I would need to updose, so I'm not sure about it.

At the moment trazodone 50mg and atarax helped me not to updose. I restarted from a lower level compared to 1 year ago. Not a great success but I hope to manage the situation.

---

I feel you're getting stronger Shayna and I'm very happy for you. I stil remember your last milligrams. You were still sleepless but your morale wasn't so good. I think you're healing.

Hello Quarantine,

Kind regards

15mg helped in weaning off antipsy and a little bit with tinnitus, (low quality) sleep, less zolpidem needed, but it's not so good for the mood the day after. I'd like to move at 10mg but I need a prescription for a compound pharmacy.

Sometimes I thought about a klonopine cross over but likely I would need to updose, so I'm not sure about it.

At the moment trazodone 50mg and atarax helped me not to updose. I restarted from a lower level compared to 1 year ago. Not a great success but I hope to manage the situation.

---

I feel you're getting stronger Shayna and I'm very happy for you. I stil remember your last milligrams. You were still sleepless but your morale wasn't so good. I think you're healing.

Hello Quarantine,

but if the flurazepam doesn't help after all, as it did for me, then stop taking it. I made the mistake and am now back on half a tablet. But with me the reduction was also extreme with quite a few symptoms. At the end on 2mg my eyes started to cramp.

Dizziness, anxiety, restlessness, no sleep, pain, tingling, numbness, etc.

I have no idea how to get rid of this. Increasing it did nothing either. If there is any way let it go.

Kind regards

Hello Quarantine,

Kind regards

---

Hello Quarantine,

but if the flurazepam doesn't help after all, as it did for me, then stop taking it. I made the mistake and am now back on half a tablet. But with me the reduction was also extreme with quite a few symptoms. At the end on 2mg my eyes started to cramp.

I have no idea how to get rid of this. Increasing it did nothing either. If there is any way let it go.

Kind regards

Hello Falke,

It would be better if you started your own thread to discuss your issues, it's considered bad manners to hijack another member's thread.

Pamster

Hello Quarantine,

Kind regards

---

Hello Quarantine,

Kind regards

Hello Falke,

It would be better if you started your own thread to discuss your issues, it's considered bad manners to hijack another member's thread.

Pamster

Sorry Pamster,

it was not meant that way.

I'm glad if it helps Quarantadue.

I somehow do not find a way.

That's probably the problem.

Love greetings

When I post on a thread I try to stick to the topic and not go off on another tangent.  I have my own blog to write out all my day to day concerns and try not to post any of it on anyone else's blog or thread.  So then if they don't want to hear my stuff, then they don't have to read it.  It does annoy me when people who don't have their own blogs hijack other people's blogs and threads with their own personal stuff.  It's very hard for me to follow what the OP wanted to say and I like to respond to the the person who writes on their own blog.