Insomnia - auto immune - vaccine

[At...]

Can long term sleep deprivation trigger an auto immune disease?  I have a positive ANA result and high sedimentation rate.  I have read a study that says yes. 

Pain is electric hot prickly stinging un-stretch-able muscles/ligaments (seemingly seized). 

I had 3 months of 1-2 hr/night sleep with 1 day per week 48 hr without sleep (jan-mar).  April got 1 Xtra hr, May got 1hr Xtra, June got 1hr Xtra, now average 3-5 hrs/night. 

Pain got increasingly worse after 1st vaccine in April to now disabling after second shot at the end of June. 

Last night went for sleep study for 2 hrs sleep in a row, and an extra hour at 1-5 min stints.  By the end of the night I felt like a hot wire in a pool of water  :sick:

Comments?

I doubt it...but if you search Dr. Google for a long time and intensely enough, I am sure you can find something to convince you that's it possible?

I, and many others were majorly sleep deprived for extended periods of time and did not develop any other medical conditions

Your sleep is returning almost identical to what mine did.  Although I had 4-5 months of only 5-10 hours per week

Sleep studies are a waste of time for most people on this forum.  I had 2 done and they almost exclusively look for apnea, which I didn't have

Benzo induced insomnia is a beast all its own.  A sleep study will reveal nothing about this, especially if you don't sleep.

You are doing well at this point, IMO, and are progressing a lot faster than most.  Sleep will slowly improve to past 3-5 hours per night with some occasional nights with no sleep or a lot

less than 3-5 hours.  It seems like one step forward two steps back when sleep returns, but eventually it evens out for good.

Good luck.

I am going through issues with sleep as well and have for a number years while either going through withdrawal and being sick. I was also positive for multiple autoimmune. That alone did not cause my sleep issues. I had an underlying dental infection and once removed I no longer test positive for autoimmune but still have had sleep issues. If you truly have autoimmune there is something underlying causing it. It could be so many different things but always related to something causing inflammation of the body. I do know many that have had issues after getting the vaccine as well though. I have heard that alone can cause autoimmune but it is still so early to tell. From the research I have done the vaccine actually revs up the immune system to fight off the virus so if your immune system is reved up it will increase or cause other symptoms especially in withdrawal I would think. that is at least what happened to me in the past. If you truly want to get to the bottom of what is causing your autoimmune a western medicine doctor will not do it. they are unfortunately not trained to. They are only trained to treat it. If you truly want to try to find out what is at the root of autoimmune see an osteopath and even better yet go to a functional doctor. they are both medically trained but also look at what is the root cause of disease and illness. My nephrologist and previous infectious disease doctor was osteopathic and I also have a functional doctor.

Prayers and good luck.

[a6...]
People who are in the middle of horrible W/D should not be taking vaccines known to cause reactions in healthy people. Too bad there isn't a facepalm icon here.

Did you get further blood tests and other tests to find out what is causing the high ANA?  ANA is just a screening test.  What's causing your long-term sleep deprivation?  Autoimmune response in your brain and body?  I'm convinced my positive ANA and then Lupus diagnosis during tolerance w/d is drug-induced.  I never had a positive before going into tolerance w/d.

[38...]

Can long term sleep deprivation trigger an auto immune disease?  I have a positive ANA result and high sedimentation rate.  I have read a study that says yes. 

Pain is electric hot prickly stinging un-stretch-able muscles/ligaments (seemingly seized). 

I had 3 months of 1-2 hr/night sleep with 1 day per week 48 hr without sleep (jan-mar).  April got 1 Xtra hr, May got 1hr Xtra, June got 1hr Xtra, now average 3-5 hrs/night. 

Pain got increasingly worse after 1st vaccine in April to now disabling after second shot at the end of June. 

Last night went for sleep study for 2 hrs sleep in a row, and an extra hour at 1-5 min stints.  By the end of the night I felt like a hot wire in a pool of water  :sick:

Comments?

It would be good, when you mention research, if you put the link to the study in which you are referring in your post.

• 2 weeks later...
I have had a positive ANA for years with two different autoimmune diseases.  Now I wonder if past benzo use triggered all of this in the first place..  i can’t wait to be done with this taper and just to move on..

I have hashimotos (thyroid) and celiac.  They don’t think I have lupus but I’ve had a positive ANA for as long as I can remember.  Probably systemic inflammation…. 

People who are in the middle of horrible W/D should not be taking vaccines known to cause reactions in healthy people. Too bad there isn't a facepalm icon here.

Andros,

This type of blanket statement isn't helpful, vaccines can be lifesaving and some need to be taken without delay, waiting until someone recovers from benzodiazepine withdrawal could place their life in danger.

Pamster