Restarting Generic Klonopin taper

[se...]

5/16 Status Update:

I have decided to slow down my DMT taper this week. Instead of doing a 0.001 g drop every day I am going to tweak to a 0.001 g drop every other day for the next week. Looking at my past 3 week trend average I did 6.54%, 7%, and 7.53% which averages me out to about 7% weekly/14% every 2 weeks. I believe some of my symptoms, burning/tingling, etc. are catching up with me as others have mentioned and advised. So the smart/prudent thing is to back down a bit with the goal on the bigger prize which is getting off. So this week my average reduction will be 4.57% and still puts me hitting my weekly milestone of hitting 0.25 mg.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [se...]

• [...]

• [Pa...]

• [sl...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I love your logic, instead of listening to that voice that says hurry and get off the drug, you're paying attention to symptoms and percentages.  I hope you'll be rewarded for your good sense because then I can point others in your direction to say see, it pays to pay attention.  :thumbsup:

I started my second taper this past week from .05 to .025, I cut a .05mg pill in half and then a quarter. So far so good, I'll do the same next week and then stop all together.  I was off clonazepam for 5 years and then anxiety hit when the pandemic did and decided to reinstate for 6 mos at least, not long this time.

Everyone will get there, it just takes time, commitment and a little pain.

I started my second taper this past week from .05 to .025, I cut a .05mg pill in half and then a quarter. So far so good, I'll do the same next week and then stop all together.  I was off clonazepam for 5 years and then anxiety hit when the pandemic did and decided to reinstate for 6 mos at least, not long this time.

Everyone will get there, it just takes time, commitment and a little pain.

Congrats you are much lower that I am at with you being at 0.025 mg. Thanks for your support.

5/16 Status Update:

I have decided to slow down my DMT taper this week. Instead of doing a 0.001 g drop every day I am going to tweak to a 0.001 g drop every other day for the next week. Looking at my past 3 week trend average I did 6.54%, 7%, and 7.53% which averages me out to about 7% weekly/14% every 2 weeks. I believe some of my symptoms, burning/tingling, etc. are catching up with me as others have mentioned and advised. So the smart/prudent thing is to back down a bit with the goal on the bigger prize which is getting off. So this week my average reduction will be 4.57% and still puts me hitting my weekly milestone of hitting 0.25 mg.

5/17 update. My body is supporting what my brain is telling me about slowing down. I woke up this morning, (had decent sleep) with my tinnitus louder, and my body shaking. The shaking and tinnitus loudness has pretty much been through the whole day and continues as of now. I hope to hit my target of .25 mg by 5/22 and will try to hang on a couple of more days tapering...if it continues I will go into a hold state to stabilize.

Benzo's are the ultimate enemy. No matter how hard you push to get them out...they push just as hard or harder to bring you back in. They tempt you with the ultimate deception that it is so easy just to dose more/up-dose and you will feel better. As others have mentioned the Ultimate Deceiver.

Just wanted to say well done on how far you've come!

And I am sure the Mirt was the right decision for you. We all need to do whatever we can to survive this process.

I commented on your other post about micro tapering and I just made a new batch of pills yesterday. It was so tedious and I was so annoyed that I had to do it. I totally understand your hesitation. Then later I thought how privileged I am to have all of this info available at the touch of a button and how grateful I am that people took the time to make this available to others. So now I'm in grateful mood as this has improved my quality of life.

All the best going forward. Those of us trailing behind are looking at you as inspiration!

ETA: I've checked out several signatures and yes you're right. With the majority of members there's quite an increase in % when cutting in the very lower numbers. I guess it makes sense but we also have to responsibly manage the 'end game' for ourselves.

Jelly Baby - sorry I missed your post. Thank you for the positive feedback. Others have helped/guided me on the site waaayy more that any doctor did. Trying to pay it forward. Yes we have to have a plan that is workable and achievable, and that means you are working it along the way. I will be completely honest with my DMT. I know based on feedback and experience the scales are not exact and fluctuate. One minute 0.089 the next 0.091, etc. and I cross measure with two and I completely despise it and the process. I am not opposed to liquid titration just not there yet. Like others I built a spreadsheet for my taper plan where I can pivot my values and update as needed. Thank you for your kind words and I know your success is locked in down the road..just keep travelling.

Hey buddies.

This is my weekly status update post. Last week I decided to pare down my taper to 0.001 g drop every other day for the week for a weekly target taper of 4.57%. The week was ok. I had days that were ok and days (like yesterday) that were pretty rough.

I guess for me I will take it as a milestone. Today I am at 0.25 mg or about a 50% reduction for the year that includes holding for a month to taper Lunesta. I will take it! Have come a ways and I know I have a ways to go. Trying to plan with the end in mind.

The one advantage I can see of a cut and hold is that when you cut the clock starts ticking as the % amount in your system starts to degrade over time. I believe badsocef posted a percentage breakdown. But I am not to keen on the big hit of cut and hold but I know everyone has to find their successful path.

The disadvantage for me of DMT is I find it hard to be ready and plan for when symptoms are coming. Whether you are dropping each day or every other day you are creating a circuitous cycle....but as many others have noted it can serve value to function while tapering.

Still working on my next weeks taper. I am thinking I will try to stick to around 5% a week.

Thanks seekingtoheal

Hi seekingtoheal,

I am proud of you.

Keep it up.

Here is something else to consider.

When symptoms are bad, take a moment to explore your life.  Perhaps it is a stressful day triggering your symptoms.  If so, you should take action to naturally reduce the stress ("just say no to the activity or stress", prayer, meditation, yoga, exercise of any type).  This will teach you how to handle anxiety for the future when you are totally off benzos. 

We all got on benzos for a reason.  The concern is, once we are off the benzos, we need to learn natural ways to cope with the original issue.

Interim status update:

Since 5/16 I have been daily micro tapering by weight (0.001 g) every other day instead of every day since I felt the need to slow down. I am currently at 0.247 mg a day. The last 3 days have been pretty rough. I still have the same symptoms (rapid heartbeat, burning/tingling throughout body, and increased tinnitus) and I can also feel my body tensing up as well. I can function but feel like I am fighting throughout the day. I believe my cuts may be catching up with me.

My every other day cuts right now average about 1.18%. I am thinking about holding for awhile if the next day is similar in hopes to get a bit more stable.

In the last 15 days I have cut a total of about 12.1% (general weekly average of 6.05%)

In the last 22 days I have cut a total about 19.1% (general weekly average of 6.37%)

In the last 31 days I have cut a total of about 29.2%  (general weekly average of 7.3%)

The data is telling me I am going a little more faster than recommended and my body is also telling me more than likely the same. Will see how I feel tomorrow.

Thx seekingtoheal.

Interim status update:

Since 5/16 I have been daily micro tapering by weight (0.001 g) every other day instead of every day since I felt the need to slow down. I am currently at 0.247 mg a day. The last 3 days have been pretty rough. I still have the same symptoms (rapid heartbeat, burning/tingling throughout body, and increased tinnitus) and I can also feel my body tensing up as well. I can function but feel like I am fighting throughout the day.

I believe my cuts may be catching up with me or is it the addition of Mirtazapine 7.5 mg that I am taking to help me sleep at night.

My every other day cuts right now average about 1.18%. I am thinking about holding for awhile if the next day is similar in hopes to get a bit more stable.

In the last 15 days I have cut a total of about 12.1% (general weekly average of 6.05%)

In the last 22 days I have cut a total about 19.1% (general weekly average of 6.37%)

In the last 31 days I have cut a total of about 29.2%  (general weekly average of 7.3%)

The data is telling me I am going a little more faster than recommended and my body is also telling me more than likely the same. Will see how I feel tomorrow.

Thx seekingtoheal.

It is ok to hold but do yourself a favor.

On the days you hold, focus on natural ways to reduce anxiety.  Clear your plate of all work if you can.  Do something which makes you happy.  Try to mediate or exercise.  Make note of how helpful things are so you can learn ways to cope with anxiety.

I like this series of videos.  Here is video number 21.  I have not seen this one yet but I have watch many of the others.

[a5...]

It is ok to hold but do yourself a favor.

On the days you hold, focus on natural ways to reduce anxiety.  Clear your plate of all work if you can.  Do something which makes you happy.  Try to mediate or exercise.  Make note of how helpful things are so you can learn ways to cope with anxiety.

I like this series of videos.  Here is video number 21.  I have not seen this one yet but I have watch many of the others.

Bob7, good recommendation about learning ways to deal with stress without meds.  It washed over me early in my taper that I not only would be dealing with withdrawl, I would not be able to take a benzo for relief ... double whammy.

I've watched many of this speaker's videos on YouTube and really like her.  She helped me thought my taper last year.  Thank you. 

:smitten:

Seekingtoheal you are strong and doing a good job coping with what you are going through. I’m proud of you. You will get there.

Bob7, you have mentioned that we all got on benzos for a reason and we must learn to cope with those reasons once we are off the medications. I can’t agree more. I have been exercising, praying, healthy eating, meditating, and educating myself the best I possibly can.  I was wondering what, if any, suggestions you have for those of us that got on benzos for panic attacks.  Mine are not from certain social activities or events or any particular trigger. They come at seemingly non stressful situations or events. In fact all of them have come when I was at home doing nothing stressful or eventful.  Just watching tv or reading, or something similar and it wasn’t anything on tv that was triggering. Just the normal shows, books, and articles I’ve always watched and read. It wasn’t anything I was doing in particular that triggered them. They seemingly came out of nowhere. I talked to my doctors about this and have researched panic attacks myself. Unfortunately the doctors said that for many people that is the case. Same thing from my research. They don’t have an answer to why they happen sometimes. The panic attacks come on fast and strong. Like I’m going crazy, and they last a long time. Not the normal 30 minutes to an hour. Mine can last for a day or two with subsequent weeks of high anxiety and little to no sleep. They are the reason I reinstated benzos. I guess the only thing I can do is recognize what is happening and try not to think about them. Tell myself I’m not going crazy and it will pass. It’s just a panic attack and do breathing and calming techniques. Do you have any other suggestions on how to cope with panic attacks that come from nowhere? If it were certain thing or situations that cause them then I would avoid those things, but mine have no rhyme or reason. Thanks.

Seekingtoheal you are strong and doing a good job coping with what you are going through. I’m proud of you. You will get there.

Bob7, you have mentioned that we all got on benzos for a reason and we must learn to cope with those reasons once we are off the medications. I can’t agree more. I have been exercising, praying, healthy eating, meditating, and educating myself the best I possibly can.  I was wondering what, if any, suggestions you have for those of us that got on benzos for panic attacks.  Mine are not from certain social activities or events or any particular trigger. They come at seemingly non stressful situations or events. In fact all of them have come when I was at home doing nothing stressful or eventful.  Just watching tv or reading, or something similar and it wasn’t anything on tv that was triggering. Just the normal shows, books, and articles I’ve always watched and read. It wasn’t anything I was doing in particular that triggered them. They seemingly came out of nowhere. I talked to my doctors about this and have researched panic attacks myself. Unfortunately the doctors said that for many people that is the case. Same thing from my research. They don’t have an answer to why they happen sometimes. The panic attacks come on fast and strong. Like I’m going crazy, and they last a long time. Not the normal 30 minutes to an hour. Mine can last for a day or two with subsequent weeks of high anxiety and little to no sleep. They are the reason I reinstated benzos. I guess the only thing I can do is recognize what is happening and try not to think about them. Tell myself I’m not going crazy and it will pass. It’s just a panic attack and do breathing and calming techniques. Do you have any other suggestions on how to cope with panic attacks that come from nowhere? If it were certain thing or situations that cause them then I would avoid those things, but mine have no rhyme or reason. Thanks.

I appreciate you asking me but to be fair to you, I only had one panic attack in my life and it was due to being in a state of anxiety for way too long.  After a long time in a state of anxiety, I guess the body overcompensates and gives a panic attack.

Your situation is different.  I feel for you.  To have panic without a trigger sucks.  That sounds chemical but maybe you have anxiety you are not aware of which is very typical.  If this is the case, I would say you need pre-emptive anti-anxiety skills.  That is, you need a daily pattern of doing anti-anxiety steps regardless of how you think you feel.  This could be a required morning exercise or yoga.  In all cases, you need to live in the present (not the future).

All that said, I fear my advice is not too good in this area because I do not have your experience.

Have you tried one-on-one counseling from an anxiety expert like this person? 

I just tried to make an appointment with her but she is not accepting new patients.  She would be awesome.

Bob

Thanks bob7. I have watched her videos too. I will look into finding an anti anxiety expert. I appreciate your time to respond. Those panic attacks are the worst.

Weekly Status Update

I pretty much hit my target for 5/29 of 0.24 mg. My calculations are that I am at 0.241 mg right now. I can fully attest that as you continue to lower your mg dosage even the slightest dosage changes can impact you. The week has had its rough spots. My symptoms stay consistent of rapid heartbeat, tingling hands/feet and feeling like my nervous system is amped up and affecting my right ear tinnitus. As noted the past couple of weeks I have been dropping 0.001 g every other day which puts me between 4.5 -5% reduction a week. I do not think it is wise for me to try to do 0.001 g drop every day, that would put me dropping about 9% for the week which is way beyond recommendations. On 5/25 I did a interim status update where I believe my cuts are catching up with me and Jelly Baby gave some good feedback.

So my decision today will be either to hold for a week or so to stabilize a bit or keep going with every other day cuts. If I do that it would put me at about 0.229 mg on 6/5/21.

thx

seekingtoheal

Thank you TouchdownIrish. I have no doubt and complete confidence that you will achieve the ultimate goal as well!!

Weekly Status Update

I pretty much hit my target for 5/29 of 0.24 mg. My calculations are that I am at 0.241 mg right now. I can fully attest that as you continue to lower your mg dosage even the slightest dosage changes can impact you. The week has had its rough spots. My symptoms stay consistent of rapid heartbeat, tingling hands/feet and feeling like my nervous system is amped up and affecting my right ear tinnitus. As noted the past couple of weeks I have been dropping 0.001 g every other day which puts me between 4.5 -5% reduction a week. I do not think it is wise for me to try to do 0.001 g drop every day, that would put me dropping about 9% for the week which is way beyond recommendations. On 5/25 I did a interim status update where I believe my cuts are catching up with me and Jelly Baby gave some good feedback.

So my decision today will be either to hold for a week or so to stabilize a bit or keep going with every other day cuts. If I do that it would put me at about 0.229 mg on 6/5/21.

thx seekingtoheal

5/31/21 update. Still have not decided on a hold yet. I have made 2 more 0.001 g cuts since my 5/29 post. Today is a very very rough day. I am at about 0.80 g or 0.235 mg dosage right now.  Since doing every other day cuts for the past 2 weeks that put me at about a 9.36% reduction.

Wondering if the Mirtazapine is affecting my withdrawal symptoms. I take it everyday to help with sleep either 7.5 mg or 3.75 mg. Or is it my cuts catching up with me.

Hope everyone is doing as well as possible. Thanks to the forum and your support.

I don't think it's your sleep drug Mirtazapine.

So you think my cuts have caught up with me. This has been my last two weeks schedule:

Sequence:  Day, Day of Week, Date, Weight, G Reduction, Dosage Mg, Daily Reduction %

25 Sun 5/16/21 0.088 0.001 0.259 1.12%

26 Mon 5/17/21 0.088         0.259

27 Tue 5/18/21 0.087 0.001 0.256 1.14%

28 Wed  5/19/21 0.087             0.256

29 Thu 5/20/21 0.086 0.001 0.253 1.15%

30 Fri 5/21/21 0.086           0.253

31 Sat 5/22/21 0.085 0.001 0.250 1.16%

32 Sun 5/23/21 0.084 0.001 0.247 1.18%

33 Mon 5/24/21 0.084         0.247

34 Tue 5/25/21 0.083 0.001 0.244 1.19%

35 Wed  5/26/21 0.083         0.244

36 Thu 5/27/21 0.082 0.001 0.241 1.20%

37 Fri 5/28/21 0.082           0.241

38 Sat 5/29/21 0.081 0.001 0.238 1.22%

Possibly but you need to ask yourself if external influences bothering you such as extra anxiety?  Mental anxiety from stress can also cause these symptoms.

TouchdownIrish are you doing a DMT or cut and hold?