Restarting Generic Klonopin taper

[se...]

Thanks Bob and you make a good point that I am keenly aware of. When I finally get off the klonopin the healing does not stop and I am back to "normal". As per your feedback and others the best healer will be time.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [se...]

• [...]

• [Pa...]

• [sl...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Weekly Status Update

I achieved my target today of 0.191 mg. My 7/17 target will put me at 0.182 mg. Still proceeding with DMT 0.001 g (0.003 mg) drop every other day instead of every day. So I basically am cutting 7 times over the 14 day 2 week period. I totaled 4 cuts for the last week which put me at around 5.93% for that week. I will be doing 3 cuts this week which will be around 4.69% at the weight/dosage I am at. So for the 2 weeks that puts me at 10.62% so I am within the recommended ashton range.

My symptoms remain the same with some shaking, burning/tingling, health palpations. Taking the klonopin at night with melatonin and the mirtzapine at night still getting good sleep. Still basically do not feel that good most of the time but expected it.

With the DMT I have never been able to predict the peak of my w/d symptoms. That is the one aspect of the cut/hold I think is a bit more straightforward. Part of me wants to switch to a cut/hold and give it a shot but have a sense of fear of the larger dosage symptom impact. It has been recommended several times and I completely agree and would recommend keeping a daily journal to gauge symptoms. I admit I have done a terrible job of doing that and need to do better.

Wishing all well in your tapering.

Also in your journal keep track of what's going on in your life.  You will find that external influences beyond your drug taper can create symptoms.  In particular if you have an event coming up which is causing you anxiety your symptoms may flare up. This is why it's hard for you to correlate your daily micro taper with when your symptoms happens because external influences are also a big factor.

Weekly Status Update:

I am on target to reach my target for cutting to 0.182 mg on 7/17. Still proceeding with DMT 0.001 g (0.003 mg) drop every other day instead of every day. My next cut target is for 7/24 to 0.171 mg.

Symptoms remain the same as before and some weeks better that others but feel not good most of the time.

I am functional and getting decent sleep which has degraded some. Symptoms wax and wane.

One of my challenges now is the depressing feeling of how long I have left to taper and how long to heal after that. I figure I have about 4 months left if I can keep pace. I applaud many of you buddies out there who have been tapering a lot longer than me, your strength amazes me.

seekingtoheal

Weekly Status Update:

I am on target to reach my target for cutting to 0.182 mg on 7/17. Still proceeding with DMT 0.001 g (0.003 mg) drop every other day instead of every day. My next cut target is for 7/24 to 0.171 mg.

Symptoms remain the same as before and some weeks better that others but feel not good most of the time.

I am functional and getting decent sleep which has degraded some. Symptoms wax and wane.

One of my challenges now is the depressing feeling of how long I have left to taper and how long to heal after that. I figure I have about 4 months left if I can keep pace. I applaud many of you buddies out there who have been tapering a lot longer than me, your strength amazes me.

seekingtoheal

Remember how far you have gone.  You can finish this race.  Stay the course.

Time is funny.  When we are in joy, it flies.  When we are in pain, it is slow.

So, try to find joy and make the 4 months "seem" shorter.  Perhaps select a skill you want to learn and make it a goal to complete it in 4 months (e.g. A exercise goal like being able to do a 2 mile hike in the woods or a weight goal or learning goal, or a new hobby for 4 months).

Weekly Status Update:

Remember how far you have gone.  You can finish this race.  Stay the course.

Time is funny.  When we are in joy, it flies.  When we are in pain, it is slow.

So, try to find joy and make the 4 months "seem" shorter.  Perhaps select a skill you want to learn and make it a goal to complete it in 4 months (e.g. A exercise goal like being able to do a 2 mile hike in the woods or a weight goal or learning goal, or a new hobby for 4 months).

Thanks for the vote of confidence Bob. Wise feedback as always. Thanks!

seekingtoheal

I encourage members to incorporate their taper into their lives, to not look at it as something they have to do but a daily task much like all the other daily tasks we do without a thought but I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to follow my own advice.  I have no idea what it takes to continue to put that poison into your body knowing its the cause but also the solution to your troubles. 

I admire you and everyone who can taper. 

Thanks Pamster. I am humbled by all of the buddies on the forum who came before me, who are trying to get of this poison like me, and those that will come after.

Weekly Status Update

Hit my target today 0.17 mg. 7/31 target will put me at 0.16 mg.

Still continuing my every other day DMT (7 cuts over 2 weeks). My projection for the next 2 weeks doing this process puts me at about a 12.7% drop. The percent cuts are inching higher as my dosage gets lower. I will I know at some point have to readjust my taper.

Have not been able to predict when symptoms will hit. Today started with really feeling the burning symptoms, shaking, heart palpitations, and likely higher tinnitus.

I have made progress but always am questioning am I approaching my taper the right way?  Should I keep doing DMT, should I do DMT every day, should I switch a cut and hold, not sure. Since I have made progress I am not confident to make a change. I guess its the devil I know.

Sleep ranges now between 5-6 hrs. To get that includes the klonopin, 20 mg of slow release melatonin, 20 mg of quick acting melatonin (more than I want to take) and the Remeron/mirtazapine for which I range between 3.75 and 7.5 mg.

seekingtoheal

Weekly Status Update

I have made progress but always am questioning am I approaching my taper the right way?  Should I keep doing DMT, should I do DMT every day, should I switch a cut and hold, not sure. Since I have made progress I am not confident to make a change. I guess its the devil I know

seekingtoheal

I don't have any advice, I think most of us feel this way seekingtoheal  :hug:

You are making good progress  :thumbsup:

Weekly Status Update:

Currently on target to get to 0.162 mg tomorrow. Next week 8/7 target is 0.150 mg.

Still DMT every other day (7 times in 2 weeks). Percentage cuts range on 3 cuts for one week and 4 cuts for the other week. Symptoms remain pretty constant.

My last 2 weeks of cuts were 6.61% and 5.26%. My next weekly percentage cut is 7.48% and the next one is 6.00%. So the weekly percentages are getting higher as I get lower.

I completely despise dragging this out. I understand the logic of a tapered approach but like many others just worn out and beaten up from this process. A big part of me wants to phase out in the next month or so. It is hard not knowing if I will wake up with mild symptoms or wake up looking forward to a symptom filled day.

Wishing all the best.

Weekly Status Update:

Currently on target for 0.150 mg today. Next week 8/14 target is 0.144 mg. I have decided to slow down my DMT by cutting every third day instead of every second day.

I have cut a little over 24% the last 4 weeks at a weekly average around 6% a week. that puts me in Ashton's ballpark but I think once again my cuts are catching up with me and wise words and advice have me either holding or slowing down which I will try first.

Symptoms remain the same and wax and wane. My sleep with the Klonopin dosage plus Remeron (reduced my dosage from 7.5 mg to 3.75 mg) plus the slow release and fast dissolve melatonin. Tracking my sleep average ranges from 6 to 6.5 hrs of sleep per night.

Wishing all the best.

Weekly Status Update:

Got to my planned reduction target of 0.144 mg as of 8/15. Last weeks drop doing every 3 days cut DMT of 0.001 g was only 3.96%.

A big part of me is disappointed that I had to slow down but know that is not uncommon at the somewhat lower dosages. Part of me wants to hold but the rest of me wants to keep going even at a reduced rate. Next weeks target is 0.138 mg or a weekly 4.12% drop. Each cut I do at 0.001 g now I am calculating that it is a little over 2% for each cut.

Sleep has been ok with the remeron, klonopin, and melatonin I take. Symptoms remain constant in varying degrees. Heart palpitation's, burning/tingling over body, body aches, etc. Also my tinnitus seems to be worse when my symptoms crank up.

Also fighting somewhat depression over thinking that I have so far to go. Deep down I know that is the poison trying to manipulate me. I know others and have ready posts from others who were at a higher dose and have done a much longer taper and were successful and I absorbing their inspiration.

wishing all well in this fight!

I can't imagine continuing to ingest this drug knowing what it is and what is has done, people who taper are so strong.  Keep up the good work and keep listening to your symptoms, you're doing such a good job!

Weekly Status Update:

Going forward I plan to switch to updates every 2 weeks.

Got to my planned reduction target of 0.138 mg as of 8/21. Last weeks drop doing every 3 days cut DMT of 0.001 g was only 4.12%.

I may need to rethink my approach. As noted I have been cutting 0.001 g every 3 days. Looking at my taper plan that puts me cutting 3 times one week and 2 times the other week. So what that means is that where I am at now, one week would be a 3-4% cut and the other week be a 6-7% cut so my weeks are not balanced. With klonopins long half life that could mean I am having symptoms from a larger cut when I am doing a larger cut.

Symptoms remain the same and sleep is ok.

I want to keep my taper simple and straightforward if possible. Wondering if changing to a cut and hold would be better. For example say doing a 5% cut each week.

If you do switch things up, try a new approach.  If you have a day which is more stressful than the others, then take care to do your once a week reduction so it favors your bad day of the week.  For some people, Mondays are the most anxiety because of their jobs.  So select your day to taper so it yields help on Mondays.  You may need to Journal your withdrawal for a while to figure out the best day.

• 2 weeks later...

Bi-Weekly Status Update:

Hey buddies. Posting my bi-weekly status update. Wishing you all the best and success!

I am on target to hit my planned reduction target to 0.124 mg as of 9/4. As noted starting on 8/8 I have had to slow down to micro cuts every 3 days and that is getting hard to maintain. Symptoms remain the same and sleep with the klonopin, melatonin, and 3.5 mg remeron is averaging 6+ hrs a night. Feel miserable a lot of the time.

One challenge I have and have no doubt others have as well is also the psychological aspect of tapering. Fighting depression and thoughts of in my opinion for me how far I have to go and some self doubt will I ever get off this drug. I try to replace those thoughts with to see how far I have come and know there is a end in sight and to look at and read the successes of many others.

If I can keep my current taper approach I will be under 0.1 mg by end of month...and that is a big if....

I am considering holding for a week or two but have not decided yet.

If I can keep up my current schedule I am targeting 0.109 mg by 9/18.

wishing all well.

thx seekingtoheal