Restarting Generic Klonopin taper

[se...]

With the melatonin and Klonopin I am getting between 5.5 and 6 hrs a night right now. I expect that to worsen as the Klonopin is phased out.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [se...]

• [...]

• [Pa...]

• [sl...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

Bob7 - saw your post "Still having a difficult time with mom in hospital.  Yesterday, I was told she has a GBM brain tumor.  I seek prayer for this.". I will include you and your mom in my prayers.

My update:  As noted started on 4/18 dropping 0.002 g via daily micro taper (klonopin 0.5 mg, avg pill weight 0.168 g).

Staying at current pace would put me at 4/24 target - 0.110 g / 0.33 mg K.

Not sure I can stay with 0.002 g drop per day as that is about  11-12% every 7 days. Days 4 and today day 5 have been pretty rough. Symptoms are the same just more intense, shakiness, jitteriness, burning sensation in hands/feet, some heart palpations. Will ride out to Sunday and re-assess. May go back to 0.001 g reduction per day.

Your symptoms sound miserable, I think going back to the 0.001 reduction per day sounds like a good plan, let us know what you decide.

Thanks.

Bob7 - saw your post "Still having a difficult time with mom in hospital.  Yesterday, I was told she has a GBM brain tumor.  I seek prayer for this.". I will include you and your mom in my prayers.

My update:  As noted started on 4/18 dropping 0.002 g via daily micro taper (klonopin 0.5 mg, avg pill weight 0.168 g).

Staying at current pace would put me at 4/24 target - 0.110 g / 0.33 mg K.

Not sure I can stay with 0.002 g drop per day as that is about  11-12% every 7 days. Days 4 and today day 5 have been pretty rough. Symptoms are the same just more intense, shakiness, jitteriness, burning sensation in hands/feet, some heart palpations. Will ride out to Sunday and re-assess. May go back to 0.001 g reduction per day.

Thank you for the prayers.

Let your symptoms after 7 to 10 days guide your taper speed.

Thank you both for the feedback. Just to further clarify I am doing a 7 day cycle taper (basically have a 7 day pill planner and work with that)

I am going to still do the 0.002 g drop tonight and see how it goes but in rerunning my taper numbers if I continue at 0.002 g drop that puts me around a 14% drop every 7 days increasing as my dosage goes lower. That seems aggressive. I do not want to push to hard where it backfires on me but want to keep pushing to get this poison out of my system.

If I go back to 0.001 g drop per day that has me dropping the following % amount per 7 days over the next 5 weeks. I know I will have to adjust accordingly with dosage reduction.

Weekly reduction 6.64%

Weekly reduction 7.00%

Weekly reduction 7.53%

Weekly reduction 8.14%

Weekly reduction 8.87%  -  5/29/21 - Dosage: 0.221 mg

Your symptoms sound miserable, I think going back to the 0.001 reduction per day sounds like a good plan, let us know what you decide.

I am going to go back to 0.001 g reduction each day. I can handle 0.002 g but it is rough. Trying to keep the end goal in mind. That would put me at .306 mg by 5/1.

My update. Restarted 0.001 g a day tapering this past Sunday, 4/25. I think I am definitely feeling the effects of trying to do a 0.002 g drop each day last week. That would have been about 12% drop that week.

Sleep has degraded to about 5 to 5.5 hrs each night.

This week my estimate is about 6.5% reduction over 7 days. Need to slow it back down but really want to go fast. That would put me at 0.306 g by 5/1.

It is incredible how powerful these drugs are. Will see how this week goes then maybe I should go back to a cut and hold approach and see how that works.

well wishes to all who are going through this.

I know you're struggling but its so important to listen to the signals your body is sending you and you are.  Yes, they're powerful drugs and that's why we have to let the symptoms dictate the taper, you need to be able to function. 

Thank you for documenting your journey, there are thousands of people who will benefit from your observations, people who never register to join the forum who need a template to follow. 

I know you're struggling but its so important to listen to the signals your body is sending you and you are.  Yes, they're powerful drugs and that's why we have to let the symptoms dictate the taper, you need to be able to function. 

Thank you for documenting your journey, there are thousands of people who will benefit from your observations, people who never register to join the forum who need a template to follow.

Thank you. I am listening to my body and struggle like many with pushing to hard versus slowing down balancing act. I certainly hope others gain value from my feedback and insightly feedback I have gained and received from others on this forum.

Thank you. I am listening to my body and struggle like many with pushing to hard versus slowing down balancing act. I certainly hope others gain value from my feedback and insightly feedback I have gained and received from others on this forum.

I, for one, truly appreciate and gain value from your story seekingtoheal.

My low dose journey is yet to start and is invaluable in helping me to prepare for what may come  :hug:

I, for one, truly appreciate and gain value from your story seekingtoheal.

My low dose journey is yet to start and is invaluable in helping me to prepare for what may come  :hug:

Thank you casper. This is by far one of the hardest things I have ever done. I hope others will spend time understanding what they will be taking and the risks/benefits of doing so. I hope when your tapering journey restarts that it is progressive and successful and hope that you will achieve your end goal.

My update:

Today is my weekly milestone of getting to 0.103 g / 0.31 mg K via daily micro taper. The week has been rough. I am able to function but definitely feel the impact of the reduction. My main symptoms are the same, burning/tingling in hands and feet, my bodies nervous system feels like it is on fire sometimes, shaking, and heart palpations. All that coupled with trying to deal with my right ear tinnitus (which started me down this road) makes each day pretty rough. Sleep has degraded as well. I am now averaging 4-5 hours of sleep a night.

As it stands right now I am going to plan to continue to move forward with tapering and my symptoms get worse then I will hold.

My next milestone target is 5/8 to 0.096 g / 0.282 mg K.

My update:

Today is my weekly milestone of getting to 0.103 g / 0.31 mg K via daily micro taper. The week has been rough. I am able to function but definitely feel the impact of the reduction. My main symptoms are the same, burning/tingling in hands and feet, my bodies nervous system feels like it is on fire sometimes, shaking, and heart palpations. All that coupled with trying to deal with my right ear tinnitus (which started me down this road) makes each day pretty rough. Sleep has degraded as well. I am now averaging 4-5 hours of sleep a night.

As it stands right now I am going to plan to continue to move forward with tapering and my symptoms get worse then I will hold.

Seeking,

For your burning/tingling hands, I suggest you try this product.

[nobbc]https://smile.amazon.com/Solgar-Methylcobalamin-Vitamin-1000-Nuggets/dp/B001LR5ONY/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_vtp_ses_clicks_nonshared_1?pd_rd_w=Xp42T&pf_rd_p=05bdea0c-ef05-4857-bce9-c5871c4d1e29&pf_rd_r=1BZYHACP3FTXSD5X24EX&pd_rd_r=9d05fe3a-88d5-42c8-a7d2-8cf27585087a&pd_rd_wg=nuVZP&pd_rd_i=B001LR5ONY&psc=1[/nobbc]

Take it only in the morning or the energy you get from it will keep you awake at night.

Take it under the tongue (let it dissolve)

Take only 1/4 of a tablet to start

This form of B12 is special.  Other forms need to be converted by the body.  If you have MTHFR (which I suspect you do), this will help.

Edit: Deactivated commercial link

My update:

Seeking,

For your burning/tingling hands, I suggest you try this product.

[nobbc]https://smile.amazon.com/Solgar-Methylcobalamin-Vitamin-1000-Nuggets/dp/B001LR5ONY/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_vtp_ses_clicks_nonshared_1?pd_rd_w=Xp42T&pf_rd_p=05bdea0c-ef05-4857-bce9-c5871c4d1e29&pf_rd_r=1BZYHACP3FTXSD5X24EX&pd_rd_r=9d05fe3a-88d5-42c8-a7d2-8cf27585087a&pd_rd_wg=nuVZP&pd_rd_i=B001LR5ONY&psc=1[/nobbc]

Take it only in the morning or the energy you get from it will keep you awake at night.

Take it under the tongue (let it dissolve)

Take only 1/4 of a tablet to start

This form of B12 is special.  Other forms need to be converted by the body.  If you have MTHFR (which I suspect you do), this will help.

Edit: Deactivated commercial link

Thanks Bob. What is MTHFR and how does this B12 help it?

MTHFR  Is a very common genetic mutation that many of us have.

It impacts how we process vitamin B12.  Depending how bad you have it your B12 may not be processed very well.

I have found many people who have benzo issues also have MTHFR.

Go ahead and Google it and read some of the symptoms.

In any case it's no harm done if you try a little of this special form of B12 and just see what happens.  Remember take it only at mornings  Under the tongue

Hello Buddies.

My status update:

Today I am still on target for for my target to taper down to - 0.096 g / 0.28 mg K. Symptoms to date have been the same. A couple of days were tougher than the others but I am functioning. My symptoms remain the same, shaking/jitteriness, occasional heart palpations, amped up nervous system. Doing this coupled with dealing with tinnitus and trying to manage that is tough.

Sleep falls into a couple of phases. I am getting about 4-5 hours sleep a night with reduced klonopin/melatonin. My primary doctor prescribed for me Mirtazapine for sleep. I have taken it twice and last night got 6 hrs 41 minutes of sleep. I do not plan to take it every night.

This is my target DMT reduction for the upcoming week. One thing I am keenly aware of is as I taper lower the 0.001 g daily micro taper daily percentage reduction increases so I know there will be a point where I will have to slow down.

5/15 target - 0.089 g / 0.26 mg K puts me at a weekly reduction of about 7.3%.

thx seekingtoheal

I'm glad you're aware of the increase and will factor that in.  That was a good nights sleep, I'm sure you felt better after only averaging 4-5, I know how I feel when I only get that much. 

Your symptoms sound familiar and miserable, it's sad we have to grade on a scale that doesn't include quality of life but functionality.

Hello Buddies.

My status update:

Today I am still on target for for my target to taper down to - 0.089 g / 0.262 mg K. Symptoms to date have been the same. Same, a couple of days were tougher than the others but I am functioning. My symptoms remain the same, shaking/jitteriness, occasional heart palpations, amped up nervous system. The tingling/burning sensations still in hands/feet but sometimes can feel whole body. Feeling achy a lot as well.

Sleep has gotten to the point that I also am taking 7.5 mg of Mirtazapine every night to help me sleep as my sleep has degraded from reducing klonopin. I did not want to introduce another drug but felt the need to function. I hope once clear of the klonopin then I can focus on tapering that and "hope" that will be better. It has helped sleep.

This is my target DMT reduction for the upcoming week.

5/22 target - 0.082 g / 0.241 mg K puts me at a weekly reduction of about 8.1%.

One thing I am still keenly aware of is as I taper lower the 0.001 g daily micro taper daily percentage reduction increases so I know there will be a point where I will have to slow down. I may switch to dropping 0.001 g every other day. I am trying to keep my weekly average around 7%, but will be assessing my symptoms and trying to find the balance of pushing forward but not overstepping where I would have a relapse.

As everyone knows or can understand it is hard to know it will take awhile (varying for others) to taper to get to the end in a manageable fashion. I honestly want to just quarter the pill and cycle for a few weeks and be done but am afraid taking that approach will send me into a tailspin and I will relapse which is not something that is acceptable to me.

Hard to believe I only started this drug last August. My thoughts, prayers, and praise go to all who are going through tapering and withdrawal as well as those who have been successful to get off drugs like these and others....poisonous stuff!!!

thx

seekingtoheal

I have so much respect for people who can taper, the commitment to invite the pain each time you reduce and to continue taking the poison which is the cause of your pain is admirable, I don't know how you do it.

I'm glad you're getting some sleep and I'm sure you made the correct decision for you, I know you'll face the next taper as you have this one but hopefully it won't be as rough.

Thank you for the update, I hope you're not stressing over the possible taper rate changes.  Would you like to discuss them with others on the forum, perhaps you could start a thread on the titration board to get some input.

Thanks Pamster. Yes I did. It was regarding fine tuning a direct micro taper as you get lower. What I have become enlightened to as many others have is that as you get lower your daily % reduction gets higher if you stay with you same daily lower value.

Thanks for all of your and the forums support.

Just wanted to say well done on how far you've come!

And I am sure the Mirt was the right decision for you. We all need to do whatever we can to survive this process.

I commented on your other post about micro tapering and I just made a new batch of pills yesterday. It was so tedious and I was so annoyed that I had to do it. I totally understand your hesitation. Then later I thought how privileged I am to have all of this info available at the touch of a button and how grateful I am that people took the time to make this available to others. So now I'm in grateful mood as this has improved my quality of life.

All the best going forward. Those of us trailing behind are looking at you as inspiration!

ETA: I've checked out several signatures and yes you're right. With the majority of members there's quite an increase in % when cutting in the very lower numbers. I guess it makes sense but we also have to responsibly manage the 'end game' for ourselves.