New panic attacks

[Le...]

Has anyone had success with taking anti depressants like Prozac for panic disorder? So I’ve been completely free of klonopin for almost a year and a half now. Everything has been going great until last Sunday I had the most intense panic attack out of nowhere, I couldn’t get control of it with breathing exercises and eventually broke down and chewed up a .5mg klonopin. I still couldn’t get my heart rate to go down so I ended up going to the ER. I felt awful doing it but I was so scared and I could not convince myself that I wasn’t having a heart attack. Ever since I got off klonopin I’ve had random heart palpitations that have really worried me.  So about 30min ago it happened again I had a strange sensation and they my heart rate shot up really fast, I immediately got in the cold tile floor and started my breathing exercises but it still wasn’t enough...I feel devastated but I took .375mg klonopin and I’m feeling ok now. Im scared though, I’m scared that I’ll be like this forever, that I can’t handle my panic disorder on my own and that I’ll be on benzos forever. I’m scheduling an appointment with my doctor first thing in the morning, I’ve got to try something different, anything. Clearly medication free is not working for me. I’ve never tried anti- depressants before but I’m willing to if they will work. I just really don’t want to start taking klonopin again and I know I’m running a risk by using it now but I don’t know what else to do, these panic attacks come out of nowhere and despite all my efforts to cope with my panic disorder. I’m just ready to live my life without fear of having attacks and taking benzos. Is there any help for me?

• 3 weeks later...
You won’t be like this forever. This. Is normal.  When I was recovering from panic disorder I got to the point that every year when our family went on vacation to Florida I would have a WHOPPER of an attack, just like you did.  It didn’t mean anything other than something riled up my body chemistry and caused an adrenaline surge.  The problem comes in when you become afraid of what you experienced and then bring on more attacks.  Tell yourself it’s normal, and has happened to many people who thought they were all better.  Don’t call it a panic attack.  Call it an adrenaline surge.  That’s what it is an unfortunately they cause awful feelings and sensations but calling something different can help also.