Tonight I test the machine

[6f...]

[6f...]

General update:

It seems that my sleeping problem is still related to the Z-Drug, and the reason I know that is because I am healing. I am much better than I was i Feb. I can sleep on my own now, about 4-5hr max, and some days are still zero days. Hence I am still using sleeping aids (20mg THC and the Cool Drift machine).

The machine definitely helps to keep me asleep AND it helps to put me back to sleep after awakening. If I don't use it, it takes me about 1.5hr to fall asleep. When I use it, I'm out in 45min, which is unheard of for me, I have NEVER fallen asleep in less than 1hr unless I was completely exhausted.

If you can spare the cash, its good to get one to use with something else, but don't expect a benzo brain to sleep ONLY with the machine.

I’m the same, I’m a lot better but not a recovery success yet. I still cannot nap at all. But I can sleep on my own most nights albeit it’s still not great quality and I seem to wake up as soon as it get remotely lighter in my room. It often takes me ages to fall asleep and most of the time when I do it’s similar, 4-5 hours max. I’ve only had one zero night in the last month which is encouraging and I’m trying to avoid taking anything to sleep. I’m still bitter and resentful about the damage these drugs can do short term to us, it’s crazy. I get frustrated about sleep not feeling like it used to yet and never feeling drowsy or sleepy at all unless I’m exhausted and in bed. But I have to remind myself that I could not sleep at all in December and January so it is slowly improving. Pleased to hear you are too.

[6f...]

I’m the same, I’m a lot better but not a recovery success yet. I still cannot nap at all. But I can sleep on my own most nights albeit it’s still not great quality and I seem to wake up as soon as it get remotely lighter in my room. It often takes me ages to fall asleep and most of the time when I do it’s similar, 4-5 hours max. I’ve only had one zero night in the last month which is encouraging and I’m trying to avoid taking anything to sleep. I’m still bitter and resentful about the damage these drugs can do short term to us, it’s crazy. I get frustrated about sleep not feeling like it used to yet and never feeling drowsy or sleepy at all unless I’m exhausted and in bed. But I have to remind myself that I could not sleep at all in December and January so it is slowly improving. Pleased to hear you are too.

I'm not really pissed at all. I used to be, but as I approach my normal self again, I'm finding I am enjoying existence a lot more. Driving around some scenic route, while being decently rested, feels so much more enjoyable now.

You shouldn't shun other sleeping aids. I've been recovering just fine with a rotation of Remeron, Cannabis, and supplements (Not afraid to take stuff like Valerian, or Passionflower). But it helps tremendously that if I go to bed with nothing, I'll still likely to get 5hrs.

I block out the light from my window but just a little still gets in, doesn't start to bother me until 9amish. By then I usually get up anyway, most nights getting a 7hr sleep with some Cannabis.

• 3 weeks later...
[6f...]

The machine broke last night. It still pumped water but did not cool it. I guess my body got used to the effect, because without it, I did not sleep at all the entire night, even with 4mg remeron and a few supplements (Kava, Hops, Magnolia Bark).

I have to find out about warranty today, but even if it has warranty, I'm probably looking at 3 weeks to a month turnaround for them to send me a refurbished model. So it worked for about 2 and a half month. What a piece of shit.

Ah man, that sucks.

I ended up getting a luxe off eBay. My report is similar to yours, helps me relax and it feels good, but it doesn’t actually help me sleep.  Looks flimsy, so I won’t be surprised if it breaks like yours did. Of course, no warranty on mine. Company seems sketchy.....

[6f...]

So I did get mine serviced under warranty, but I'm looking at a 3 week turnaround to get it back. I bet I just get back another refurbished machine.

Ironically, I've started to be able to sleep 7hr every night, for the past 3 days, It's a light sleep, but enough to feel rested and not beat up.

I don't think I'll continue to use it, not because I don't think it works, but because I want to sleep natural, with no aids, and it seems my body is finally healing enough to be able to do that.