Tardive distonia

[Ar...]

Arnold, I know other ppl with this who are starting to find things easing off at about 3 years off.

Lexsant on here had it constantly to start with and now it comes and goes.

I reread his story. Last post 10 days ago. He is very disappointed and feels even worse than at the beginning after 3 years.

The same muscle stiffness and the same nerve pains.

Думаю, что абстинентный синдром  это 3-6 месяцев. Все, что больше, это уже неврологические повреждения разной степени тяжести.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ar...]

• [Aj...]

• [So...]

• [Th...]

Yes, he is still bad but it is no longer bad 24/7 like it was. He has periods where things ease now but they then tighten up again.

He is still in he’ll though but he reassures me n a regular basis the constant contracture does ease.

I know of others who in year three and starting to feel things beginning to loosen.

It' most likely not permanent?  I had the same symptoms as you are describing and they faded with time.

It's actually a WD symptom to think the worst, expect the worst, be totally negative and think you are ruined for life.

If you didn't have these symptoms before Benzos, they will almost always clear up given enough time.

I am a solid bundle of nervous pain and incredible spasticity. Especially the face, jaw, neck, back. I was so twisted, literally pulling out the right side of the lower jaw now, pulling it down and somewhere back. All this is accompanied by a terrible cutting pain in the face, without the slightest interruption. From here, it is simply impossible to return to the original state. (9 months without benzo and every day my physical symptoms are getting worse. I can neither sit nor lie dow

No Unfortunately. Not a second of rest. Spasticity of the face, neck, back becomes maximal. The face simply tears and the tense muscles continuously squeeze the trigeminal nerves. I'm on fire. 110 days.

If it's permanent, then is there any treatment?  Any possibility of some type of relief?

Practically none. Nobody knows what the drugs that affect the brain will do to me.

Honestly, friends, I don't even see any reason to further describe my symptoms. I really evaluate my symptoms and understand that with a severe form of tardive dystonia, I don't have a single chance in a year, two, or five years..

chances are definitely in 100 years  :laugh:

It's a shame you are stuck for life.

Not sure what you want people to say other than that sucks.

Still hoping you get some relief before 100 years!  :thumbsup:

It's a shame you are stuck for life.

Not sure what you want people to say other than that sucks.

Still hoping you get some relief before 100 years!  :thumbsup:

I read about TD. They write that it does not pass. Only very rare in mild cases. This is clearly not mine.

an absolutely healthy person who, because of these drugs  has turned into a cripple, who can no longer do anything and only reads the forum to distract himself from these terrible symptoms.

[88...]

medicine induced TD usually fades with time. You are 9 months out and at 9 months out Some people are still experiencing new symptoms. My face did not let up for over a year. I was bed ridden, couldn’t move my neck, face pulled different directions. I’m a year an a half out and I still have tightness and spasms but nothing like before. I was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia and turns out those pains faded over time to be less severe bc it was medicine induced. Give it time. I would recommend not googling about TD because you’re going to cause yourself to believe things and send your anxiety off the charts. Have you looked into reading the Ashton manual? It took me a year to believe this was true WD. Reading about heather ashtons studies helped me better understand what was truly going on. You’re not the only person on here to experience this, I promise. Use the search bar and read others stories like this. I’m telling you this bc I was afraid, too. I wish I had someone to tell me this isn’t forever! Some of us take years to heal. I was diagnosed with dystonia, trigeminal neuralgia, possible ticks, and all of that seemed to get easier after a while. While it’s not gone it’s not as bad now. Try to focus on letting your body heal. 

I hate seeing someone else scared like I was.

Consider Reading the Ashton manual  :smitten:

I think Dr. Ashton just didn't want to upset the poor fellows. She knew full well that the damage could be permanent. I found here a few people with stiffness of the muscles of the face and neck and unfortunately even 4 years old they were very disappointed and it didn't go away. This is one of the worst symptoms. Thank you very much for your support! I appreciate it, although I look at things soberly. :smitten:

The torment at night was very intense. The jaw pulls up, also the muscles of the abdomen and back pull up, burn and prick with needles. He tried tizalud. Doesn't help at all.

Last summer I started having terrible anxiety and terrible insomnia from benzo. I could not understand what happened to me. I turned to a psychiatrist, who prescribed me a bunch of shit: quetiron, pregabalin, klozapine, clomipramin. God, why did I drink this filth? I did not know what was happening to me and from this I drank wine .. and again benzo ... now-TD.

I have seen people permanently and seriously affected by medicines. These were beautiful young people, but, unfortunately, deaf and dumb. In early childhood, they were injected with ototoxic antibiotics and the auditory nerve was damaged. Although many years have passed, their hearing has not recovered.

Medicinal illness is not a myth, but a very serious problem.

Has anyone gotten worse after mri?

What do you mean?

I had a severe reaction to MRI for my back, passed out for 15 min. Severe muscle tightness after that.

That was even before benzo, but after tapering off lexapro

Has anyone gotten worse after mri?

What do you mean?

I had a severe reaction to MRI for my back, passed out for 15 min. Severe muscle tightness after that.

That was even before benzo, but after tapering off lexapro

I had the following situation. Initially, there was a tremor of the head and the whole body. Then akathisia appeared. There were no pains of convulsions, spasms and twitching of nerves.

On June 10, on the advice of a neurologist, I did an MRI. On June 10, 11 and 12, I took 3 capsules of pregabalin. On the 11th 

june began a nightmare - convulsions, spasms, facial nerve pain, pain throughout the body, which continues to this day. . If you feel worse after the MRI, it is possible that the muscle spasticity is from him. What do you think?

spasticity appeared 1 day after MRI

You know, I really think it's after the MRI. I have taken pregabalin before and there were no side effects.