Tardive distonia

[Ar...]

[0e...]

Sorry you’re still in so much pain  :(

I took a salt bath a couple nights ago for my eczema and my facial pain is creeping back up on me. My bowels have started to spasm and the roof of my mouth feels like it’s bulging and my teeth are throbbing. I hope my face doesn’t start spasming again. My anxiety is so high thinking it will.

Have you had any windows of relief?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ar...]

• [Aj...]

• [So...]

• [Th...]

I am also sorry that you are suffering.

My torment is continuous and there was not a single window. Today is exactly a year from cold turkey.

Does anyone have the sensation of their muscles moving, pulling and squeezing?

Some.. Its been building in various ways.. -I hope its gone within the decade..

Sorry, I dont post much here atm.. Asides, im still trying to work out this neuropathy stuff, so not much help..

Its a tough break for some of you guys, I send strength and healing wishes...

I am so sorry Arnold53 for what you are suffering due to these meds. I was  afflicted by tardive dyskenisia  and tourettes after a medication toxicity (Serotonin Syndrome). The movement/verbal disorder persisted a further two years but I have had noticeable improvement the longer I have been off the medication. I'm so grateful that it seems to be getting better, and I hope and wish that is possible for you. Again, I'm so sorry for what you are having to endure. I  so hope for a better outcome for you. Best wishes, Sarah  NZ

I am so sorry Arnold53 for what you are suffering due to these meds. I was  afflicted by tardive dyskenisia  and tourettes after a medication toxicity (Serotonin Syndrome). The movement/verbal disorder persisted a further two years but I have had noticeable improvement the longer I have been off the medication. I'm so grateful that it seems to be getting better, and I hope and wish that is possible for you. Again, I'm so sorry for what you are having to endure. I  so hope for a better outcome for you. Best wishes, Sarah  NZ

Thanks a lot for your support, Sarah! Your message sounds encouraging. Dyskinesia seems to have a better prognosis than dystonic spasms. Unfortunately, I have it all over my body from head to toe.

Кто-нибудь когда-нибудь чувствовал, что его мышцы прилипают к костям и двигаются?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to stop in and say I am sorry for what you are going through. Fast withdrawals can cause emergent dyskinesia. It is reversible in that case though. I do not think the MRI had anything to do with it from a guessing standpoint as it is magnets. Now I know TMS is coiled type magnets also and is used for psychiatric issues but I think your case would be a first. I have done drugs but man Lyrica has always scared me too much. There is a research paper of a person getting parkinson's like symptoms from it.

As for treatment, I can understand not wanting more pills. There needs to be more understanding that long term side effects are possible. Is botox to a localized area a possibility as a test? I know I am going to get killed for this but could LEGAL marijuana if you have it in your country also be a possibility?

Thanks. Marijuana is prohibited here.

I do not respond to botox. It seems like a long time ago I had a botulism vaccine. And botox of the head and neck would hardly solve the problem, since I have it all over my body. My head twitches, squeezes and twists. My whole body is pulled together by tense muscles, which are constantly pulling, trembling, vibrating, trying to tighten and crush. My entire body is constantly humming and shaking like a running engine. It just twists. In addition, I have maximum akathisia and continuous pain.

It's terrible when you realize that this is forever.

Your symptoms sound like WD to me Arnold.b

I am aware of a few ppl with exactly what you describe.

I am aware of ppl who had that and it went away.

Mine are not like that at all.

Pulled jaw, neck, muscles of the face and head in constant spasm and want to crush the head. Spastic waves are coming. Spasm of the esophagus and back. All over the body. Tremors of the whole body at night. Burning feet and numbness in the hands.  Are there comrades in misfortune?

Hell on earth is what I say. I'm your comrader unfortunately.

Adjusta, thanks. You are kind, but it is impossible, unfortunately, for my symptoms to go away. I really look at things.

I believe they will.

I have videos of ppl with the movements and pulling  etc. They went away.

Mine are more like fixed contracture and fibrosis and those areas have now developed severe degeneration/arthritis  in spine, jaw etc that was not there last year.

• 1 month later...

Oh gosh, you poor thing.

Benzo CT gave me coronary spasms, and angina. But it WILL heal.

I'm 4 months post CT. Believe me...we WILL heal.

We just need to give our brain time to heal. Please don't give up if you ever need anyone I can give you my #, you can msg me and we can get through this together. God bless you.

[45...]

Oh gosh, you poor thing.

Benzo CT gave me coronary spasms, and angina. But it WILL heal.

I'm 4 months post CT. Believe me...we WILL heal.

We just need to give our brain time to heal. Please don't give up if you ever need anyone I can give you my #, you can msg me and we can get through this together. God bless you.

It is against the forum rules to share personal information such as text or phone numbers.  We do this for the safety and privacy of our members.  You agreed to these terms when you joined the forum.

Are you doing ok? Hang in there. I know it's really hard. I have coronary spasms from benzo CT so I can have heart attacks anytime.... I know what you mean. It's scary and awful. Hugs. !<3 I'm 4 months CT so praying for healing for both of us.

• 2 years later...

I feel exactly the same.

I followed you in the protracted group even though I am nit protracted But my history tells me it’s also tardive for me.

I am stuck,

Damaged to the bones and I don’t want to end my life

I have a daughter she is 6

I have such desire to live. But this disabled painful life 21 months is making me sick

• 2 weeks later...

• Popular Now