I ruined my life. I don’t see any of this getting better.

[SF...]

Man, you just won't listen. You have people who were on benzos for 50 years and recovered. And it has not been three months. You said you drank alcohol in the meantime, and alcohol just causes further glutamate storms and aggravates the withdrawal (which is one big glutamate storm). Instead of complaining you ought to be proactive and finally decide what you're going to do. You can either reinstate, and go on with your chores, or grit your teeth and get some supplements to ease your suffering through this withdrawal.

Leave me alone. Other people have been more helpful. You have no idea what my experience has been like. Your “advice” is not appreciated.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [SF...]

• [Th...]

• [Be...]

• [Ic...]

[26...]
You have no idea what anybody else's experience has been like, either. Almost everyone here is struggling in one way or another. It's fine to vent a bit, but you aren't actually trying to have a conversation. You are just venting.

Man, you just won't listen. You have people who were on benzos for 50 years and recovered. And it has not been three months. You said you drank alcohol in the meantime, and alcohol just causes further glutamate storms and aggravates the withdrawal (which is one big glutamate storm). Instead of complaining you ought to be proactive and finally decide what you're going to do. You can either reinstate, and go on with your chores, or grit your teeth and get some supplements to ease your suffering through this withdrawal.

Leave me alone. Other people have been more helpful. You have no idea what my experience has been like. Your “advice” is not appreciated.

I can see some raw emotions here but instead of lashing out, it's best to avoid.  Giving in to posting negative comments accomplishes nothing and creates a hostile atmosphere, something none of us need.  Lets take the temperature down.

Pamster

I agree with pacenik. Benzo wd IS a temporary form of brain damage. If anyone needs to understand this further, feel free to ask. It is NOT  "just a glutamete storm," although of course, that is part of the problem.

I have been on BB for over 8 years now. I feel fully healed after a thirty year habit of benzos every night...and going CT. My withdrawal was epic. Awful. Fir heavens sake, I hallucinated for a very long time that first year! I am sure you already know that hallucinations come in many forms. I saw things, smelled things, felt things, tasted things, etc etc that simply were not there. The odd thiing is that I KNEW I was hallucinating!

Benzo wd can be simply awful, and its tempting to dabble in supplements and dietary changes. But those wont do a damn thing for you except waste money. Your brain has to heal itself, and ONLY time will do that.

Most people on BB feel pretty desperate. Bwd is a truly lonely experience. Desperation can make you make decisions that will not help you. Supplements, ADs, other medications, diet changes are all examples of this.

I urge all of us to support each other even if we disagree. No one is exempt from this policy here on BB.

Annie (east)

SF sure does need alot of support and encouragement for sure and not people lashing out at him.  I understand his suffering very well, plus, he's got an abusive mom breathing down his neck all the time making him feel worse.

You have no idea what anybody else's experience has been like, either. Almost everyone here is struggling in one way or another. It's fine to vent a bit, but you aren't actually trying to have a conversation. You are just venting.

Yeah just let it go man. As much as you want to help, when people are trapped in the negative thought loop like he is right now and unable to inhibit/change that pattern due to the GABA deficiency, our efforts really are like screaming into a void. I was there, so were you, which is what makes it hard to witness... Don't let the negativity impede your own recovery. As much as you want to ease his suffering out of compassion and understanding. He'll have to walk the path the rest of us have and come to the conclusion on his own. I just hope and pray that he and anyone that reads this has the strength to not reinstate and fight through it, get sober, and allow the brain to heal and for the suffering to transform you for the best.

After abusing Klonopin for 5 years, snorting it and drinking on it daily and a subsequent cold-turkey that nearly took my life, for me, this led to the greatest blessings in my life. One of which being an awareness and appreciation for the beauty in progress that can be found on the other end of extreme suffering.

I did a flumazenil detox in Arizona and it saved my life. I was on a low dose of xanax for only 3 months and tried to CT, nearly killed myself doing it. I had every symptom in the book. This doctor saved my life. Took 9 days with a needle stuck in my gut 24/7 attached to a machine I carried around in a back pack but it was worth it for me. I still get some mild PAWS symptoms but nothing like what was happening to me. His name is Dr. Rick Sloan and he is based in Glendale AZ. He works out of an urgent care facility there called AKOS Urgent Care. 602 899-4404 tell him Blake from CA referred you. He is very knowledgeable about benzos and he can help you.

• 2 weeks later...

Zeke43

Glad it worked for you.  I did the same thing in Sept. 2016 in Richmond, VA at the Coleman institute.  Low Dose Flumazenil in the belly fat with a device that would slowly pump it in.  It didn't help me at all.  I still had 6 more months of hell after getting that treatment and I was a short term user too.

• 4 weeks later...