Weightlifting

[...]

DBM, I've never heard of the Valsava Maneuver before, I looked it I'm intrigued. What do you use it for? seems it can correct some cardiac arrhythmias. On another note, I was able to do some pushups and body weight squats without causing pain in my neck, which is huge! I've been having some resurgence of withdrawal symptoms for the last few days....nothing major and I'm riding it out.

I know all withdrawal brings me closer to the day when I'm free of them and healed. I say bring it on, if this is what I have to go through then let's do it. I was fearful of this process for too long. Not any more. Like a dogged combatant I eat the hits and keep coming back. I wish you all a speeding reco very with more windows than waves. Andy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Be...]

• [Ic...]

• [ba...]

Andy,

Right on, man. Stay positive. I often get the doom and gloom attitude and it only hurts me. Staying positive is one of the hardest things about this. When I lose hope I hold on to the couple windows I’ve had as reminders that this will end.

Glad you could get some squats and push-ups in! I did some heavy deads Wednesday and felt good. I’m heading back to the gym today. Pull-ups and front rack lunges on tap.

So with the Valsalva, I use it as a bracing technique. I find that focusing on a proper breath and bracing helps my back and actually helps me lift more.