No Longer Believe in Full Healing

[bo...]

I should also add that for people that have been on for awhile and want to taper and are looking for help, tips, support then this is a great place for that. I’m not trying to run down individuals or the site.

It’s the post withdrawal forum that people are telling others all there issues are benzo related and that is playing a dangerous game. For some it’s possible, but others are missing the help they need and that could have long term problems which could cause more permanent issues than benzos ever would

You don't know what you're talking about. Here's an article for you.

* PSSD (POST SSRI-SNRI SYNDROME) **

"Destroyed by antidepressants, young people demand euthanasia"

Some antidepressants seem to cause a lasting - if not definitive - loss of taste for life and plunge patients into states of deep depression. Most of the time, caregivers refuse to establish the link between the treatment and the anhedonia that it causes. The distress of the patients is such that, in countries where it is possible, they ask to benefit from assisted suicide.

"I got a gun, to be sure I can finish it quickly when I decide," says Damien, 22. I have the right to die, it's legitimate in my state. It's not just your sex life you lose because of SSRIs (1) , it's your life. These molecules completely take away your ability to feel pleasure. Take a walk in the forest, have a drink on the terrace with friends, watch a film: everything melts into a mixture of greyness. I no longer have any reason to live; inside me there is nothing but emptiness. I feel like shit all the time.

Two years ago, Damien's doctor prescribed SSRI antidepressants for mild obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and anxiety. “At 25 milligrams, I felt disconnected and my OCDs hardly decreased. The doctor increased the doses: at 50 milligrams, I was deeply depressed and wanted to kill myself. He told me it was going to pass, that I had to continue. My libido has completely disappeared. He increased the dose to 75 milligrams and there I was a zombie. My memory has black holes during this period. ” Another doctor made him abruptly stop the treatment: “After two days, I was in want, a real descent from weaning. A nightmare. And since then, I suffer from anhedonia, the total inability to feel pleasure. ”Damien had to stop his studies. He learned about the countries that allow assisted suicide. "The problem is the length of the procedures," he sighs. They demand that we try all possible treatments for a year to be sure there is no hope. I may end up with a prescription for antidepressants, a shame! ”

First sex, then the rest

Damien and Loïc (31, also suffering from these symptoms) believe that we should speak of “post-SSRI syndrome”, not “post-SSRI sexual dysfunction syndrome” - known by its acronym: PSSD. “The sexual dimension becomes secondary when we lose everything else, argues Damien. Like most other men on SSRIs, my penis has shrunk, it has shrunk, shrunk. And my sperm got rubbery. If I found the rest of my feelings, I could probably endure that. But I don't think women who have it can say the same because they have unbearable pelvic pain. ”

Some women who take or have taken an SSRI or an SNRIa complain indeed of permanent genital pain and itching, now known by the acronym PGAD ( persistent genital arousal disorder , “ persistent genital arousal disorder ”). Lyon Capitale had devoted an article to this pathology, which Professor David Healy presents in this video (in English, subtitled in French). Men can also be affected.

A French blogger doctor, Doctor Marc Gozlan, reported in 2017 on the PGAD syndrome following in particular the taking of antidepressants and antiepileptics. He cited there a review of the scientific literature drawn up by a team from the Tenon hospital in Paris in 2012, the conclusion of which was that “the patients entering the nosological framework of PGAD are probably infinitely more numerous than the cases reported. The ignorance by practitioners of this pathology probably leads some of them to consider patients who are not mad as crazy ” .

And patients find it all the more difficult to make themselves heard because they are already in situations of psychological fragility, as illustrated by the story of Maria, 45 years old. Affected by a PGAD which prevents her from working and leading a normal life, she found herself interned in a psychiatric hospital. She struggled to get out of it and lives today in fear of losing custody of her 13-year-old daughter. "It is a sword of Damocles that my psychiatrist holds above me, " she testifies.For him, all my problems are in my head. I think he has a psychosis and that's what creates all of these debilitating symptoms. I could never get him to admit that the drugs had some responsibility. If I insist, he risks taking steps to get me interned again and my daughter placed. ”

“Death inside”

Jehan, 50, also fears hospitalization at the request of a third party. He has already suffered one, requested by his brother, who thought he was doing the best. A former marathon runner and an engineer by training, Jehan went through a brutal separation two and a half years ago. The heartbreaking irony in his story is that he had already heard of the serious side effects of antidepressants, especially SSRIs. He therefore asked his general practitioner not to prescribe it. “So he gave me Valdoxan (2), an antidepressant called “melatoninergic”, making sure it was super well tolerated, like melatonin. I quickly felt a loss of sensitivity in the limbs and a very marked state of anxiety. But, as the doctor assured me that it was not the medicine, I continued for two months. ” The symptoms worsen to the point that Jehan can no longer work. His general practitioner established a work stoppage and referred him to a psychiatrist, who added bupropion (3) to the initial prescription. Jehan can't get out of bed anymore. Its limbs, head and genitals are anesthetized. When he does not have panic attacks, he remains inert, like an empty shell. “One day, I spent seven hours in a row in front of a mirror, at my house, he recounts.My brain was blocked. I was in hell. ” His sister takes him to the hospital, where he is interned in psychiatry. Despite his protests, he was given antipsychotics and SSRIs, assuring him that his physical and mental symptoms were psychotic delusions. His condition is getting worse, with unbearable muscle pain. He ends up going out and stops all the treatments. But since then remains “in hell”.

"It's the worst possible torture: taking everything that is alive inside you, without killing yourself," he continues.I force myself to move, but I died inside. If I didn't have my two daughters, I would have died long ago. Even if, when I see them, I no longer feel anything. Just like when my mother died, last spring. It has been two and a half years since I laughed, smiled, cried. I lost sleep, appetite, all my muscles have melted because I don't have the courage to move, most of the time. I lost my family, my job, my house. I can drink a bottle of vodka without feeling any effect. My pulse, at rest, reaches 110-120 beats per minute. Doctors say I “don't respond to treatment” and offer me electroshock therapy. I think I have been poisoned by these molecules. Modern psychiatry only knows how to give medicine. It is deadly. ”

DAVID HEALY:

"Several young people have asked me for letters supporting their request for assisted suicide, says Professor David Healy, one of the rare psychiatrists who recognizes the existence of the syndrome (which will be in Grenoble and Lyon in mid-October , see below) below).For the moment, I have managed to convince them to wait a little, because there is a little hope, a course of treatment identified by groups of patients themselves. This is the demethylation of DNA, which could “repair” certain genetic mechanisms deactivated by SSRIs - and by certain other drugs, moreover, such as pediatric asthma treatments. Still, patients must obtain authorization to try these treatments, which are toxic chemotherapy, reserved for certain cancers. ”

Patients around the world communicate on social networks - generally in English, which severely limits access to information for people who do not speak this language - and together seek avenues for treatment. When asked, they say they have no choice because the vast majority of caregivers who treat them deny their experience. "They say that it is the depression that continues, that we must take the antidepressants, even increase the doses," says Professor Healy.On the forums, patients say that their doctor makes fun of them, ignores them, even insults them. They are already in terrible suffering: this denial constitutes additional violence, even more intolerable than the symptoms. The people from Dignitas, the Swiss association which implements the right to die, assured me that they had had many requests from people suffering from this syndrome. SSRIs are prescribed for patients with OCD and anxiety disorders. Then they develop drug-resistant depressions, but no one makes the connection: these patients are actually intoxicated by the drugs. However, SSRIs in France concern at least 5 to 6 million people, 90% of whom have been taking them for more than a year. Because these drugs are very addictive. ”

At least two young women, aged 27 and 28 respectively, obtained euthanasia for intolerable mental suffering and / or drug-resistant depression: a Belgian and a Dutchwoman . Such “assisted suicide” remains nonetheless “a long road strewn with obstacles” because the medical report must “confirm that this wish is not a symptom of mental disorders but a decision carefully considered” , warns the Dignitas website. The association declared itself “too overwhelmed with requests for euthanasia” to be able to answer our questions."

[07...]
I went down those same rabitholes @boombox. I was on an antidepressant while withdrawing so I believed I had pssd too. Time heals. Believe it or not. Tough situation to find yourself in but it's not permanent

I should also add that for people that have been on for awhile and want to taper and are looking for help, tips, support then this is a great place for that. I’m not trying to run down individuals or the site.

It’s the post withdrawal forum that people are telling others all there issues are benzo related and that is playing a dangerous game. For some it’s possible, but others are missing the help they need and that could have long term problems which could cause more permanent issues than benzos ever would

Some antidepressants seem to cause a lasting - if not definitive - loss of taste for life and plunge patients into states of deep depression. Most of the time, caregivers refuse to establish the link between the treatment and the anhedonia that it causes. The distress of the patients is such that, in countries where it is possible, they ask to benefit from assisted suicide.

"I got a gun, to be sure I can finish it quickly when I decide," says Damien, 22. I have the right to die, it's legitimate in my state. It's not just your sex life you lose because of SSRIs (1) , it's your life. These molecules completely take away your ability to feel pleasure. Take a walk in the forest, have a drink on the terrace with friends, watch a film: everything melts into a mixture of greyness. I no longer have any reason to live; inside me there is nothing but emptiness. I feel like shit all the time.

Two years ago, Damien's doctor prescribed SSRI antidepressants for mild obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and anxiety. “At 25 milligrams, I felt disconnected and my OCDs hardly decreased. The doctor increased the doses: at 50 milligrams, I was deeply depressed and wanted to kill myself. He told me it was going to pass, that I had to continue. My libido has completely disappeared. He increased the dose to 75 milligrams and there I was a zombie. My memory has black holes during this period. ” Another doctor made him abruptly stop the treatment: “After two days, I was in want, a real descent from weaning. A nightmare. And since then, I suffer from anhedonia, the total inability to feel pleasure. ”Damien had to stop his studies. He learned about the countries that allow assisted suicide. "The problem is the length of the procedures," he sighs. They demand that we try all possible treatments for a year to be sure there is no hope. I may end up with a prescription for antidepressants, a shame! ”

First sex, then the rest

Damien and Loïc (31, also suffering from these symptoms) believe that we should speak of “post-SSRI syndrome”, not “post-SSRI sexual dysfunction syndrome” - known by its acronym: PSSD. “The sexual dimension becomes secondary when we lose everything else, argues Damien. Like most other men on SSRIs, my penis has shrunk, it has shrunk, shrunk. And my sperm got rubbery. If I found the rest of my feelings, I could probably endure that. But I don't think women who have it can say the same because they have unbearable pelvic pain. ”

Some women who take or have taken an SSRI or an SNRIa complain indeed of permanent genital pain and itching, now known by the acronym PGAD ( persistent genital arousal disorder , “ persistent genital arousal disorder ”). Lyon Capitale had devoted an article to this pathology, which Professor David Healy presents in this video (in English, subtitled in French). Men can also be affected.

A French blogger doctor, Doctor Marc Gozlan, reported in 2017 on the PGAD syndrome following in particular the taking of antidepressants and antiepileptics. He cited there a review of the scientific literature drawn up by a team from the Tenon hospital in Paris in 2012, the conclusion of which was that “the patients entering the nosological framework of PGAD are probably infinitely more numerous than the cases reported. The ignorance by practitioners of this pathology probably leads some of them to consider patients who are not mad as crazy ” .

And patients find it all the more difficult to make themselves heard because they are already in situations of psychological fragility, as illustrated by the story of Maria, 45 years old. Affected by a PGAD which prevents her from working and leading a normal life, she found herself interned in a psychiatric hospital. She struggled to get out of it and lives today in fear of losing custody of her 13-year-old daughter. "It is a sword of Damocles that my psychiatrist holds above me, " she testifies.For him, all my problems are in my head. I think he has a psychosis and that's what creates all of these debilitating symptoms. I could never get him to admit that the drugs had some responsibility. If I insist, he risks taking steps to get me interned again and my daughter placed. ”

“Death inside”

Jehan, 50, also fears hospitalization at the request of a third party. He has already suffered one, requested by his brother, who thought he was doing the best. A former marathon runner and an engineer by training, Jehan went through a brutal separation two and a half years ago. The heartbreaking irony in his story is that he had already heard of the serious side effects of antidepressants, especially SSRIs. He therefore asked his general practitioner not to prescribe it. “So he gave me Valdoxan (2), an antidepressant called “melatoninergic”, making sure it was super well tolerated, like melatonin. I quickly felt a loss of sensitivity in the limbs and a very marked state of anxiety. But, as the doctor assured me that it was not the medicine, I continued for two months. ” The symptoms worsen to the point that Jehan can no longer work. His general practitioner established a work stoppage and referred him to a psychiatrist, who added bupropion (3) to the initial prescription. Jehan can't get out of bed anymore. Its limbs, head and genitals are anesthetized. When he does not have panic attacks, he remains inert, like an empty shell. “One day, I spent seven hours in a row in front of a mirror, at my house, he recounts.My brain was blocked. I was in hell. ” His sister takes him to the hospital, where he is interned in psychiatry. Despite his protests, he was given antipsychotics and SSRIs, assuring him that his physical and mental symptoms were psychotic delusions. His condition is getting worse, with unbearable muscle pain. He ends up going out and stops all the treatments. But since then remains “in hell”.

"It's the worst possible torture: taking everything that is alive inside you, without killing yourself," he continues.I force myself to move, but I died inside. If I didn't have my two daughters, I would have died long ago. Even if, when I see them, I no longer feel anything. Just like when my mother died, last spring. It has been two and a half years since I laughed, smiled, cried. I lost sleep, appetite, all my muscles have melted because I don't have the courage to move, most of the time. I lost my family, my job, my house. I can drink a bottle of vodka without feeling any effect. My pulse, at rest, reaches 110-120 beats per minute. Doctors say I “don't respond to treatment” and offer me electroshock therapy. I think I have been poisoned by these molecules. Modern psychiatry only knows how to give medicine. It is deadly. ”

DAVID HEALY:

"Several young people have asked me for letters supporting their request for assisted suicide, says Professor David Healy, one of the rare psychiatrists who recognizes the existence of the syndrome (which will be in Grenoble and Lyon in mid-October , see below) below).For the moment, I have managed to convince them to wait a little, because there is a little hope, a course of treatment identified by groups of patients themselves. This is the demethylation of DNA, which could “repair” certain genetic mechanisms deactivated by SSRIs - and by certain other drugs, moreover, such as pediatric asthma treatments. Still, patients must obtain authorization to try these treatments, which are toxic chemotherapy, reserved for certain cancers. ”

Patients around the world communicate on social networks - generally in English, which severely limits access to information for people who do not speak this language - and together seek avenues for treatment. When asked, they say they have no choice because the vast majority of caregivers who treat them deny their experience. "They say that it is the depression that continues, that we must take the antidepressants, even increase the doses," says Professor Healy.On the forums, patients say that their doctor makes fun of them, ignores them, even insults them. They are already in terrible suffering: this denial constitutes additional violence, even more intolerable than the symptoms. The people from Dignitas, the Swiss association which implements the right to die, assured me that they had had many requests from people suffering from this syndrome. SSRIs are prescribed for patients with OCD and anxiety disorders. Then they develop drug-resistant depressions, but no one makes the connection: these patients are actually intoxicated by the drugs. However, SSRIs in France concern at least 5 to 6 million people, 90% of whom have been taking them for more than a year. Because these drugs are very addictive. ”

At least two young women, aged 27 and 28 respectively, obtained euthanasia for intolerable mental suffering and / or drug-resistant depression: a Belgian and a Dutchwoman . Such “assisted suicide” remains nonetheless “a long road strewn with obstacles” because the medical report must “confirm that this wish is not a symptom of mental disorders but a decision carefully considered” , warns the Dignitas website. The association declared itself “too overwhelmed with requests for euthanasia” to be able to answer our questions."

You just arguing for the sake of it and not reading.

There are very real and plenty of scientific evidence that points to underlying causes of anxiety/panic disorders, depression, etc.

look up the mtfhr mutation and how many noticed a huge difference with deplin in quality of life.

There are many other causes including what I mentioned I have.

I’m not sure why that makes me a fool.

Like many diseases if left untreated it only gets worse.

I can post study after study that says benzos cause no permanent damage and that scans post stopping it show a normal functioning brain. I can also post articles of studies suggesting it does cause permanent damage. So no one is a expert on benzos.

I can post stories of people on SSRI’s for decades and talk about how it saved their life.

Your just name calling and ignoring my post. At no point have I said I recommend benzo long term benzo use. At no point have I insulted anyone or diagnosed them. I simply shared facts that I’ve learned a long the way and pointed out something very important here, it’s not safe to being playing doctor on here when not everything is benzo related.

I went down those same rabitholes @boombox. I was on an antidepressant while withdrawing so I believed I had pssd too. Time heals. Believe it or not. Tough situation to find yourself in but it's not permanent

When I'm feeling bad, I feel mad at all my loved ones and it's misery. Did you feel this level of anger?

First sex, then the rest

“Death inside”

DAVID HEALY:

You just arguing for the sake of it and not reading.

There are very real and plenty of scientific evidence that points to underlying causes of anxiety/panic disorders, depression, etc.

look up the mtfhr mutation and how many noticed a huge difference with deplin in quality of life.

There are many other causes including what I mentioned I have.

I’m not sure why that makes me a fool.

Like many diseases if left untreated it only gets worse.

I can post study after study that says benzos cause no permanent damage and that scans post stopping it show a normal functioning brain. I can also post articles of studies suggesting it does cause permanent damage. So no one is a expert on benzos.

I can post stories of people on SSRI’s for decades and talk about how it saved their life.

Your just name calling and ignoring my post. At no point have I said I recommend benzo long term benzo use. At no point have I insulted anyone or diagnosed them. I simply shared facts that I’ve learned a long the way and pointed out something very important here, it’s not safe to being playing doctor on here when not everything is benzo related.

Bwillow, SSRIs and other meds are not going to “save” a persons suffering from brain damage caused by Benzos. Everything caused by Benzos IS benzo related.

Again never said that.

What I said is that some people don’t have on going issues from benzos. Some have underlying issues which I’ve provided examples of. These are people that need treatment. Some may be able to overcome it with out SSRI’s. Those with certain gene mutations usually have a better quality with some med on board. The meds are to prevent benzo damage they are to improve quality of life of individuals or have underlying issues not attributed to benzos.

I’ve seen every symptom in the world on here including runny nose as benzo related and people always tell them it is, stay the course, etc.

I had anhedonia for 5 years. I recovered! Rest assured! Benzo withdrawal is a prison sentence. Do the time, don't let the time do you. Find a way to turn this negative into a positive with the understanding that in 4 years tops, you'll be close to 100%.

You cannot be certain of anyone else's condition - period.

Tough talk is fluff. Guilt is an illusion.

This is not about your ego!

Not every symptom is a benzo symptom.  Not every struggle is related to benzo use.  People do heal.  Some rather quickly.  Some take longer.  Remember that we have no idea what other circumstances are happening in a person’s life.  There are so many health issues and allergies and ways people cope.  It’s impossible to say no one can heal.  We all need hope.  Hope is a choice.  Mind set  is the key to recovery.  I feel for everyone here who expresses no hope.  I know you’re saying your struggle is painful.  We can’t compare pain.  I ask you to look for ways you feel better, however small.  Every day.  And share that, too.  This is my 3rd taper.  I’m feeling good at a very low dose.  I’m well on my way to full recovery. 

I had anhedonia for 5 years. I recovered! Rest assured! Benzo withdrawal is a prison sentence. Do the time, don't let the time do you. Find a way to turn this negative into a positive with the understanding that in 4 years tops, you'll be close to 100%.

You cannot be certain of anyone else's condition - period. It could be possible that in some cases, the damage is permanent. So what, that's the scheme of things. It's not about positive/negative - it's about reality/illusion - facing it and perhaps learning a bit of humility by it, true empathy towards others along the way. That's the only thing that means anything - as far as I can tell. Tough talk is fluff. Guilt is an illusion. This is not about your ego!

Not every symptom is a benzo symptom.  Not every struggle is related to benzo use.  People do heal.  Some rather quickly.  Some take longer.  Remember that we have no idea what other circumstances are happening in a person’s life.  There are so many health issues and allergies and ways people cope.  It’s impossible to say no one can heal.  We all need hope.  Hope is a choice.  Mind set  is the key to recovery.  I feel for everyone here who expresses no hope.  I know you’re saying your struggle is painful.  We can’t compare pain.  I ask you to look for ways you feel better, however small.  Every day.  And share that, too.  This is my 3rd taper.  I’m feeling good at a very low dose.  I’m well on my way to full recovery.

"It’s impossible to say no one can heal." He's not saying that - not speaking for anyone else. It's impossible to say everyone heals is what I'm saying. Why not just admit you are uncertain? That admission is the beginning of true faith, by my definition.

"It’s impossible to say no one can heal." He's not saying that - not speaking for anyone else. It's impossible to say everyone heals is what I'm saying. Why not just admit you are uncertain? That admission is the beginning of true faith, by my definition.

People do heal, each day free of the drug means healing, do they heal completely, do they get back to who they were before this happened to them?  We don't know.  How much damage can the human body take before it becomes permanently compromised, we don't know that either because no one has bothered to study this in depth. 

Living without hope, or wallowing in our misery cements the negativity into place making it impossible to take steps to find a way to live our lives as best we can making us permanent victims. 

This x100000

One thing people need to understand is what anxiety is. People have anxiety and panic issues with out ever taking a benzo. For someone two years off and struggling with anxiety symptoms needs to treat that. Even if the receptors needed time to heal they very well likely have and some people don’t know because they are so locked in on not feel 100% they think they still aren’t healed. They replay a bunch of negative things in their minds, the mind ends up on a negative feedback loop and they remain this way until it’s recognized. If you don’t want meds that is totally fine but get a therapist, neurofeedback, yoga, meditation, diet. Get out of the house, keep your mind busy, etc.

if you aren’t doing these things then your never gonna feel like your healed. You don’t wake up and feel 16 again. That’s not how it works.

[07...]

I believe in positive outcomes.  I believe that healing happens.

It's hard to see when you're in the midst of it. Looking back, I shared the same mindset. I guess people just need to vent.

The best thing withdrawal told me was "you never know what will happen tomorrow".

First this was meant like "tomorrow can even be worse than today" (and I thought I had already had the worst day ever).

After a long time me fighting against withdrawal and everything, I adopted to that sentence and transferred it into "okey, when things can switch so fast and so easily in the ONE direction - than they can also switch into the opposite direction".

And I was correct.

First: Mood changes. More than once daily. Not nice also. One hour depression, one hour "yeyyyy", next hour "I can't live like that".. and so on.

Then some days of non stop suffering, then 2 hours a feeling of okey... , then back to hell.

No balance at all, but the knowledge of uncertainty and that things could change very quickly.

And this is the outcome. I learned I had no control so I used each moment I could use to enjoy what I had. 30 minutes in which my neighbors were quiet and I could do some deep breaths. 1,5 hours I could watch a netflix movie without constant crying.

I trained it and today I am convinced that this strategy has brought me to where I am now. Now my life is a life I will not let go, and I want MORE.

I do not longer wonder about symptoms, although I still have some, I am making plans for the future, I can work and distract, and I feel that the worst is behind me. I still do not know what the future will bring, I struggle financially - but hey.. if things can be so good after withdrawal - who knows where and how I will be the next year. :thumbsup:

Why do I write this.. Cause its my response to your topic that it does not matter if you no longer believe in full healing. If this belief doesn't help you to survive you will find something else, like I did. For me it was not a belief it was observing the situation and make some assumptions.

You realized you no longer believe in full healing, nothing wrong about that. Its all about what do you do with this notice. And then comes the part you have to make a decision. Do you give up, become bitter and angry, or are you able to work with it.

This x100000

One thing people need to understand is what anxiety is. People have anxiety and panic issues with out ever taking a benzo. For someone two years off and struggling with anxiety symptoms needs to treat that. Even if the receptors needed time to heal they very well likely have and some people don’t know because they are so locked in on not feel 100% they think they still aren’t healed. They replay a bunch of negative things in their minds, the mind ends up on a negative feedback loop and they remain this way until it’s recognized. If you don’t want meds that is totally fine but get a therapist, neurofeedback, yoga, meditation, diet. Get out of the house, keep your mind busy, etc.

if you aren’t doing these things then your never gonna feel like your healed. You don’t wake up and feel 16 again. That’s not how it works.

I'm not dealing with anxiety or panic attacks. I'm dealing with rage and lack of positive emotions and still sleep issues, as stated in my original post. I didn't have those things prior to this. You don't know my situation, just as I don't know yours. To come on here and say it's not benzo damage is foolish because you don't know what I had prior to it. But if you read my original post, you should know what I have now and is not panic attacks or anxiety or depression. It doesn't feel like any of those things.

It's hard to see when you're in the midst of it. Looking back, I shared the same mindset. I guess people just need to vent.

Thanks, man. You've been the most helpful here. Yes, that original post was me venting. I'm hoping that this does end at some point.

Did you deal with rage for no real reason?

[07...]

Thanks, man. You've been the most helpful here. Yes, that original post was me venting. I'm hoping that this does end at some point.

Did you deal with rage for no real reason?

I did. It came in waves. Coq10 may be worth looking into

boomboomboxy,

has it helped to use your punching bag? (do I remember correctly, I thought you wanted to buy one... )

Hasn't helped at all. Nothing helps when in a wave or feeling bad.

boomboomboxy,

has it helped to use your punching bag? (do I remember correctly, I thought you wanted to buy one... )

I think its difficult to find relief when you are in a wave. In a wave all you can do is hold on and do things no matter what. People cope differently as they experience withdrawal differently. The only thing I can say to make it easier for you, is that I could not believe it would become better .. for a very long time. December last year was a game changer for me, it was like a knot has disappeared suddenly and the door opened much wider. But that was in my 4th year off, so it just takes time. I know a lot of so called protracted members who needed more time to get a foot back on the ground, but it did happen.

Sometimes it has to be a wish we hold on to, and nothing more can be done..

I didn’t start feeling any kind of improvement until after 2.5 years off. I’m now 33 months off and I can tell I’m getting better, I’m not healed but I’m certainly heading in that direction. I recently felt almost symptom free for a whole week, that NEVER happened in my first 2 years off. I felt completely miserable constantly up until only 2 months or so ago. Don’t despair, give it time. Even people who are protracted report that they have seen improvements. I don’t believe you will be stuck like this forever, it just takes so damn long

This x100000

I'm not dealing with anxiety or panic attacks. I'm dealing with rage and lack of positive emotions and still sleep issues, as stated in my original post. I didn't have those things prior to this. You don't know my situation, just as I don't know yours. To come on here and say it's not benzo damage is foolish because you don't know what I had prior to it. But if you read my original post, you should know what I have now and is not panic attacks or anxiety or depression. It doesn't feel like any of those things.

You keep saying I’m foolish but I’ve said numerous times I didn’t say it was directed at you or anyone nor did I say it was or wasn’t in your case. I’ve just made numerous points based on science and others experiences that not everything is benzo related. Yours may or may not. I know a guy in group that had a big personality change and his wife had him in and out of doctors for over a year before they learned it was a thyroid issue. The point is there are thousands of reasons behind personality changes. My advice to everyone is find help. I don’t know your situation but there a things that if you aren’t doing then it would be worth a try right? My concern is people I’ve seen who have real medical issues but ignore them because of internet advice. That is a concern and the point of my post. I was not directly telling you what is or isn’t wrong with you.

You started a thread about you don’t believe in full healing. That in and of itself is not gonna help you recover. There are good therapist out there that can help with finding joy. Exposure therapy and several others can help. You can disagree with me and that’s fine, I’m not the enemy or trying to argue just trying to help since you seemed down enough to start the thread. Best of luck in your recovery.

boomboomboxy,

I think its difficult to find relief when you are in a wave. In a wave all you can do is hold on and do things no matter what. People cope differently as they experience withdrawal differently. The only thing I can say to make it easier for you, is that I could not believe it would become better .. for a very long time. December last year was a game changer for me, it was like a knot has disappeared suddenly and the door opened much wider. But that was in my 4th year off, so it just takes time. I know a lot of so called protracted members who needed more time to get a foot back on the ground, but it did happen.

Sometimes it has to be a wish we hold on to, and nothing more can be done..

Marigold, good for you! did that change just occur over night? You just woke up and suddenly felt completely different? Did you feel it coming at all prior to it taking place? I keep hoping for this miracle to just wake up one day and here it is, oh would be so wonderful)

[07...]

This x100000

You keep saying I’m foolish but I’ve said numerous times I didn’t say it was directed at you or anyone nor did I say it was or wasn’t in your case. I’ve just made numerous points based on science and others experiences that not everything is benzo related. Yours may or may not. I know a guy in group that had a big personality change and his wife had him in and out of doctors for over a year before they learned it was a thyroid issue. The point is there are thousands of reasons behind personality changes. My advice to everyone is find help. I don’t know your situation but there a things that if you aren’t doing then it would be worth a try right? My concern is people I’ve seen who have real medical issues but ignore them because of internet advice. That is a concern and the point of my post. I was not directly telling you what is or isn’t wrong with you.

You started a thread about you don’t believe in full healing. That in and of itself is not gonna help you recover. There are good therapist out there that can help with finding joy. Exposure therapy and several others can help. You can disagree with me and that’s fine, I’m not the enemy or trying to argue just trying to help since you seemed down enough to start the thread. Best of luck in your recovery.

You finished this off with "there are therapists that can help you find joy"

You're basically invalidating what he's saying. I had anhedonia for almost 5 years. It's not something you can get rid of with "therapy". That's ridiculous. It has to do with changes that take place in your brain while taking benzos. It lasts years. It's very real