100% disableing anxiety anyone ?

[To...]

I haven't been on here in a long time, but read this and just wanted to say, you will both be just fine. Benzo withdrawl will make you think it's not going to end, but it does. I'm not a medical professional making claims, but someone who knows things from a first hand experience. Trust me, if your labs are ok and your vitals are ok and you're going through benzo withdrawal, your symptoms are probably from this too.

Hey everyone hope everyone is doing alright! I was on 0.5 clonazepam . .25 mg twice a day . I cut .125 at a time . I wait usually about a week between each cut. It's been 5 days since I cut from .25 to .125 and I feel terrible. My anxiety and OCD  is through the roof and my body feels so hot is this normal it will pass right?

Hi Blkhawks19, you made the mistake that I did:  cutting your dose by 50%.  It leads to an almost intolerable experience.  There is a guide called the Ashton manual that describes how to taper.  "The Ashton Method is a safe and effective protocol for gradually stopping benzodiazepines."

Here is a link to an excellent article:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=232042.0.  "What is happening in your brain?"  It explains why your temperature is out of whack.  I get cold.  Others have similar symptoms.

Most people seem to cut by 10% at most.  Many by less.  It's important to listen to your body.

I'm so sorry you are suffering.  Many of us are.  Especially with the extreme anxiety.  But, it will pass.  After my initial whammy cut, it took me 3 months to feel stable.

Thanks for the response . I'll drive hold on this cut for a while until it passes . It's not the anxiety that bothers me it's not knowing forsure if it will leave I feel like I will be like this forever.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been off of my meds for 11 months after my cold turkey on Klonopin, and I still have bad anxiety but it's not nearly as bad as it was at the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been off of my meds for 11 months after my cold turkey on Klonopin, and I still have bad anxiety but it's not nearly as bad as it was at the beginning.

Good to know, thanks.

I have a severe panic disorder since I can remember. My mom can talk about a time when I was 4 years old and having severe panic/ocd.

Without medication, it would sort of cycle. Things would be smooth for a few years and then boom! All day panic attacks for about 7 months. And therapy was not great in the 80's.

The reason I was put on benzo's was severe panic attacks my junior year of college. I lost 30 pounds and that's when they were like "okay, we need to stop this cycle."

My use has jumped a lot since then. I would go long periods of time without needing to take benzos and then I'd need them for a bit. At one point, I was prescribed Paxil and wow, that was like a miracle. No benzos, no anxiety. But, of course, eventually I got used to it and it stopped working. Getting off of Paxil was a nightmare.

The hard part for me with all of this, is that I know that even when I get off the benzo's (and I will) the panic disorder is going to be something I have to deal with. I've done a lot of cognitive therapy and I do have the tools but I'm not going to ever say it''s not a part of my chemical makeup. I just have to work on remembering the tools to calm myself without benzo's.