• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Re...]

• [Pa...]

• [st...]

• [we...]

Top Posters In This Topic

You should tell the psyche doc about your GP giving you the benzos.  You could even tell him to call your GP to tell him that he is taking over your care with withdrawing from the pills.  This will show the psyche doc that you are serious about tapering.

I am religious and I will also say a prayer for you.

Patty  xo

Benzo-T    Thank you kindly for your words of encouragement.  I'm stickin' to the plan, but I gotta tell ya, sometimes these feelings of anxiety and loneliness just simply overwhelm me.  But I get thru it, and I see the world with beautiful clarity sometimes too.  This has been one of THE major turning points in my life, and I will not let go of the taper plan.  Somehow, I will make it work.  I can see that you have your tough times (to say the least, probably),.  I've tried to surf around the BB site and made attempts to get thru to some other people.  It takes me so long to figure out this "communicating by computer" thing, I just run out of time. I need to go back to bed now so I'll just say again, thanks, Benzo-T.    red gibson

Benzo withdrawal is hell all around.  The only reason I'm doing it at this point is because I don't want to live in fear of some  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: doctor cutting me off at some point and putting me back into cold turkey withdrawal.  I would kill myself before I'd go through that again.  I'm not saying that death is better, I'm just saying I couldn't get through it- I tried and I'm a strong person and I couldn't take it.  I don't want to live the rest of my life dependent on doctors (whom I no longer trust) and pills.  It's like living as a dog chained to a tree-  a prickly tree that drips acid instead of sap. 

If benzos were sold next to the aspirin, over the counter, I'm afraid I'd stay on the evil little buggers forever because tapering is HARD.  Stick with your taper anyway.  The only other option is to be the dog. 

*hug*

I hafta say, controlling my benzo dosage as I am is turning into a sort of spiritual , powerful feeling... I don't really know how to put it.  I really was taking more pills than I realized, and now I'm sleeping better with less pills,  I'm eating healthier foods (not chocolate ice cream and such, more like grains and fruits and vegetables- easier to digest than bar-b-q sandwiches).  My thinking is much more clear.  I wake up feeling actually refreshed.  I still must take my methadone each day, but life makes more sense to me now.  These benzos are still necessary for me in small titrated doses-I think I'd flip out without 'em right now.  But the day will come, I promise you, that I will be rid of the need for them.  As Dr. Ashton says, "Do it YOUR way".  Most doctors simply don't understand benzo withdrawal, AND THEY DON'T CARE TO LEARN.  They think they know it all and won't listen to a benzo-withdrawing patient.  I need to be careful, because between the methadone clinic and our family doctor, I'm in the middle taking more pills than they know about.  But it's MUCH less than it ever was (for years) and it's on a schedule.  Your support has been a great help to me.  I know, however, that it may be a rocky road ahead, but I'm ready.  The best to all of you.    red

Red,

it's great that you are posting the positive parts of your taper.  This will give you strenght on those days when you need it.  Take care.

Already at 5:30 AM I can feel that this is gonna be a challenging day.  Our son, who is alcoholic, is at the moment having some kind of DT's attack.  I've had a misunderstanding with my wife (I tried to explain to her that things wre going to be different with me as I detox from these benzos).  We almost always agree on everything, pretty much, but her son's problems aren't making things easier.  I've tried to keep a positive attitude, but sometimes it's pretty difficult.  Pam sent me a PM saying that I should start a blog.  All I know is that it means "web log".  I went to a catholic church event with mi esposa (my wife) last nite where they were playing music and singing, (all in Spanish) and they asked me to fill in on the bass guitar.  I enjoyed it a whole lot, but mexican music has unusual timing and chord changes.  Still great fun.  I've been SO sleepy lately... I put it down to my muscles relaxing a more natural way.  Wish me luck on this day.    red

Hi Red,

Starting your own blog only means that you would get out of the 'Welcome to the Community' site and going over to 'Buddie Blogs'.  You could name it 'Red's Blog' or something that reflects you.  You will get more support over there.

I hope your day runs smoothly.  I am sure your son is adding extra stress.  Has he ever tried to get help for his alcoholism?

Coming off benzos either ramps you up or causes fatigue.

Patty  xo

From the top of the page, click on home, then forums, then scroll down to buddie blogs, then on a small blue bar at the right click on "new topic".  It's just like what you are doing now in terms of writing and posting.  You can also post specific questions in the forum called "withdrawal and recovery support".  It's wonderful that you take such confort in your music.  It will help you get through this.  See you on the forums.

I tried starting a blog under "withdrawal and recovery support" called "two addictions, too many years"  I hope I succeeded.    red gibson

Red, you are under 'Buddie Blogs'.  If you don't see yourself on the first page then click on the number 2 page at the bottom.  See you over there.

Patty  xo