Peace-loving Atheists in Wd & Recovery

[no...]

I realize that some controversy took place, but I miss Nomoredrugsforme, who started this thread.  I hope she returns for her own support.

Sofa

I didn't realise that nomoredrugsforme had disappeared. Though, I see that she has logged in. I too hope she does not stop engaging here. Frankly, I dread to think what my behaviour would have been like on a forum during my benzodiazepine use or withdrawal (I only joined my first forum several months after my last dose). The stuff happening in this thread is small fry compared to my own behaviour during my use/withdrawal. But I've often wondered how things might have gone differently if I was told about how benzodiazepines had changed me. I only became aware after the fact. I guess I can understand why I wasn't told - Rivotril (clonazepam) was being used to treat a rather debilitating neurological disorder I suffered from at the time (I've largely outgrown it in more recent years). But, I still think I should have been told. So, when I witness poor behaviour, I tend to just call it out. Maybe sometimes I am too blunt - I don;t mean to be. I am not the most tactful of people.

I too look forward to nomoredrugsforme's re-engagement here.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [no...]

• [ba...]

• [Co...]

• [Lo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe an apology is in order...

Gudruna - I'm assuming you mean an apology is due to nomoredrugsforme?  Yes.  Truly.  Not many seem to get that.

From me?

I regret my failure to not employ a more engaging tone when communicating with nomoredrugsforme over this matter. But, her rather scathing and unprovoked attack upon Wildflower33 was deserving of a firm moderation response. So, although I make no apology for moderating this matter, I do regret that I did not choose my words more carefully. And, for that, I do apologize, nomoredrugsforme.

I sometimes forget that my words carry more force than they would coming from another member. I would like members to understand that it is OK to disagree with me, and in public if you like. There are no consequences for such disagreement at BB.

I genuinely hope to see nomoredrugsforme posting here again soon.