Extreme paranoia intrusive thoughts and mental akathisia

[Pi...]

Yes, I have had thoughts like that Pink, but knew I would never, and have never acted on them.  I think you will find thoughts of harming others listed in Ashton.

They are only thoughts Pink born out of a mind under extreme stress.  Try to accept, and know these thoughts and feelings will pass. 

Dee

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pi...]

• [wa...]

• [Ni...]

• [Ca...]

I read your signature. I'm not a doctor but you switching back and forth between kpins and valium is probably shocking your system a bit. I think you should probably stick to one and level out before you continue cutting. I have has extremeeeeee agitation. God, can I be terrible to be around sometimes. Just absolute rage, and overflowing with emotion. That's part of the process. Try to take things slow and steady and definitely think about not switching the benzodiazepine so many times, you're going through so much as it is. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Pink, remind yourself that these thoughts are not you -- it is merely your brain in overdrive due to the w/d.

Is it possible to find something to distract yourself?  A temperature shift helped me many times -- a very warm shower, for example.....or going out and standing or scampering about in the snow, when it was very cold outside. Maybe having a snack.

Distract, distract and distract more if you are capable.  It might not completely direct you away from the thoughts (I know at 10 weeks out, I still have challenges with this during waves), but it might help direct you away from them so as not to have the thoughts completely consume you.

Maybe if you could find a program on Netflix that is not triggering yet is something that is very interesting to you (or was before your taper).

I crossed over from 0.25mg K to 5mg V and it was horrible.

I lasted maybe 3 weeks, now I'm trying to stabilise back on 0.25mg K and withdraw the V. It made me depressed, and have nasty thoughts. I never experienced this on K.

Not sure what to say about coping, it's tough. I'm going to try a DLMT directly from K and hopefully have better success.

Hang in there!  :thumbsup:

Some metabolites will stabilise in days but as said above it’s probably longer for the benzodiazepines in general but diazepam in particular.

When withdrawing I get the hit at day 5/6 —- and have a two weeks of anguish.

With pregabalin in the mix it is ifficult to tell.

4 meds to come off so my story my not be typical

Best wishes in your recovery

Dick