Extreme paranoia intrusive thoughts and mental akathisia

[Pi...]

Directly switched from 0.2mg K to 5mg V. On V 3 weeks now and don't know if V making me feel worse cuz now feel I'm in CT. V helps akathisia a little but feel CT other than that.

Some people say I feel like i'm CT because I directly switched over. If this is what's going on then can I just add the K back in for a few weeks and then taper off while on V? Will that help alleviate some of the k withdrawals if that's what's really going on!?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pi...]

• [wa...]

• [Ni...]

• [Ca...]

[32...]

Three weeks should be enough time for the V to have built up in your body, the dose may not have been enough though.

With that said, there is no magic fix. If you were feeling very poorly at .2 mg K with a lot of symptoms, the V can only do so much to stabilize you. How you tapered the K, either too fast or with too large of cuts and no stabilization between cuts, your body is in over-load of symptoms.

If you are dosing the 5 mgs V once a day, you may need to split that dose in to 2 doses, so the level of V can be more level.

It is hard to correct over-tapering, too rapid tapering or inaccurate tapering. The sooner those issues are addressed, the better you have a chance to get some stability. This does not mean no symptoms, rather, more manageable symptoms.

Three weeks should be enough time for the V to have built up in your body, the dose may not have been enough though.

With that said, there is no magic fix. If you were feeling very poorly at .2 mg K with a lot of symptoms, the V can only do so much to stabilize you. How you tapered the K, either too fast or with too large of cuts and no stabilization between cuts, your body is in over-load of symptoms.

If you are dosing the 5 mgs V once a day, you may need to split that dose in to 2 doses, so the level of V can be more level.

It is hard to correct over-tapering, too rapid tapering or inaccurate tapering. The sooner those issues are addressed, the better you have a chance to get some stability. This does not mean no symptoms, rather, more manageable symptoms.

I feel SO OUT of my mind cant cope plus all these new acute severe symptoms from being on V

How can I tell if it's the v or k wd

[32...]

In my opinion, it does not matter at this point. You need to gain some stability.

For you own safety and well being, please seek the help of your doctor and if need be, in patient care. You are not eating, drinking, sleeping.

This has been ongoing for a long time now, years, from reading your posts. I wish you to be well.

In my opinion, it does not matter at this point. You need to gain some stability.

For you own safety and well being, please seek the help of your doctor and if need be, in patient care. You are not eating, drinking, sleeping.

This has been ongoing for a long time now, years, from reading your posts. I wish you to be well.

1 month severe not years

[32...]

In quite a few of your older posts, you state withdrawal makes you psychotic, etc... I'm not here to debate semantics.

Getting to your question, it seems your body is more inclined to the K and the V does not seem suitable for you.

Feel só drugged and and trapped feeling making me feel crazy assuming

Aggitated irriitated this the normal feeling for Valium

When does it lift

Hi pinkglitter.

Ive been where you are. chemically screwed and its the worst desperatly looking for answers. I'm so sry. Seroquel saved me and i slept before 1 hour a night to all that i wanted. Its a good PN for benzo withdrawal and like the only drug which work better than a sleeping pill without being addictive.

Maybe its time to reach out to community and get know by more ppl. Like benzo off says, maybe its time to trow in the towel and get admitted.

Lots of professional people know me, im finally well medicated and i live in a apartment with a residency right next by. Every day at 2 pm i have an appointment with different contact persons from the residenciy and its big part of my network. I would have no problem heading down to P if im suffering badly.

I'm not telling you what to do.

I pray for u pink. Hope you get well sooner rather than later <3

Can y'all please give me encouragement hope inspiration to keep hanging on

I can't see anything beyond this severe suffering thanks 😭

Can y'all please give me encouragement hope inspiration to keep hanging on

I can't see anything beyond this severe suffering thanks 😭

I do send you best wishes and hope...

But the sooner you can find a small achievable goal to aim for the better.. That will give hope a path...

:)

Pink, you’re stronger than you think. Whether it be from posts on here or struggling by yourself, you’re doing it. You’ve made it this far in your taper. Just think of the dosage amount you dropped from since you first started. That in itself is motivating. These rough times will surpass....just remember “Tough times don’t last, Tough people do”. Hang in there Pink

I can't speak for your taper plan as I'm too new to this to know much, but new beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.  My mom always said, "This too shall pass."  Of course, that applies to anything and definitely to the symptoms.  All I can say is, "Please don't give up."  We want off them and we will get off them.  Hang in there!  :angel:

• 2 weeks later...
I personally found that my 3week+ hold at 3mg was the worst time in my taper. When I started to taper again, I felt better - also I started to DLMT - Daily Liquid Micro Taper. This was a game changer for me  - the toxic morning chemical anxiety attacks have pretty much gone away, sleep is better. Sure, I have off days but nothing like when I was doing big cut and holds.

Yes, I'm definitely going through acute and most severe wd ever since I got to 0.6mg or really the entire taper. I did a super fast taper though so I think my case is no different from ct.

We're you better before getting to low dose? How did you taper until now?

Day 6 of cross took tiny dose as usual and feel really sedated. Bad symptoms started after. Out of mind.

How do y'all feel on Valium

Valium is the drug I've tapered off Pink.  I jumped 4 days ago at 1mg. 

It did not overly sedate me, maybe because I was used to it, but have heard a lot of people say that it overly sedated them after switch. 

Dee

:smitten:

• 2 weeks later...