• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pi...]

• [wa...]

• [Ni...]

• [Ca...]

Pink, are you still on the klonopin? Or 100% off klonopin and only taking valium? And was this crossover guided by a physician and a new prescription, or did you do it on your own with your old 10 MG tablets?

Pink, are you still on the klonopin? Or 100% off klonopin and only taking valium? And was this crossover guided by a physician and a new prescription, or did you do it on your own with your old 10 MG tablets?

Just V. New script. Dr no help.

Worse after 17 days switch wth. From 0.2mg k to 5mg v.

Was I supposed to slowly cross or is v making me worse.  Severe acute wd. Feel like CT

Worse after 17 days switch wth. From 0.2mg k to 5mg v.

Was I supposed to slowly cross or is v making me worse.  Severe acute wd. Feel like CT

Hey there Pink...

Im realy sorry for how you are feeling right now, Its absolutely horrid...

I cant realy give you any advice, but I wish I could.. -I have never done a benzo C/O myself...  Sadly we are all so different in how we seem to respond to these things...

I just wanted to send you my best wishes, and let you know my thoughts are with you...

I hope your body starts to adjust to the change real soon, or you find a way to gain more stability either on the K or V...

I will keep you in my thoughts...

-You Can do this..!! -Girl Power..!!

Hit severe acute on low dose k, directly switched to V 17 days ago and in worse acute! Severe acute! Horrific unbearable symptoms every day and can't cope! Do y'all take anything that helps!? How do y'all cope!? I'm bedridden dying can't drink eat sleep and symptoms EXTREME!!!!!!!!!!!! I need some hope!!! 😭

Already SO much worse. The reason I begged tò be crossed over is wayyy more extreme now. I take dose at night and that's when tons severe symptoms happen! Someone said paradoxical. Really feel like Could be. What do you do if paradoxical???? Switch back k now stop v now slowly cross back what?

Someone pleaseee if you've experienced this help me

I imagine that a crossover is a little bit trickier / iffier when your are in acute during the switch, and also when you have been taking the same drug as long as you have. :/ They are two different drugs, after all, and your dependence is on the klonopin. What if you were to up your dose in Valium to the equivalent of the last dose you felt stable on with the klonopin?

pink ... hang in there.... My experience with crossing from K to V was horrible . I took 3 months to do it and it was still awful . I crossed from .375 K to 10 mg V .  The klonopin wds were truly horrible, I was bed bound those three months , couldn't walk , terrible stress intolerance , burning pain . I finally started to stabilize a bit after that , on the V.

IMO you are suffering K wds. Valium , altho a benzo, is a totally different  drug in my experience.

I later did a direct switch back to mostly K .... ( I developed issues with the V) that was even worse!  It should have been done over several weeks , but my doctor said it was fine to just do a direct switch .

I ended up having to reintroduce some V back in .

I believe things will settle down if you just hold and don't change anything . A valium cross is supposed to be done gradually so that the valium metabolites can build up in your system ,  that will happen anyway  now that you are taking it , but you are just going through some rough K withdrawals right now .

it may take some time , like a couple of months, but I think you'll be ok if you don't change anything until you feel better

good luck ...  :smitten:

MiYu

I imagine that a crossover is a little bit trickier / iffier when your are in acute during the switch, and also when you have been taking the same drug as long as you have. :/ They are two different drugs, after all, and your dependence is on the klonopin. What if you were to up your dose in Valium to the equivalent of the last dose you felt stable on with the klonopin?

So scared i'm paradoxal some people saying I am😭

pink ... hang in there.... My experience with crossing from K to V was horrible . I took 3 months to do it and it was still awful . I crossed from .375 K to 10 mg V .  The klonopin wds were truly horrible, I was bed bound those three months , couldn't walk , terrible stress intolerance , burning pain . I finally started to stabilize a bit after that , on the V.

IMO you are suffering K wds. Valium , altho a benzo, is a totally different  drug in my experience.

I later did a direct switch back to mostly K .... ( I developed issues with the V) that was even worse!  It should have been done over several weeks , but my doctor said it was fine to just do a direct switch .

I ended up having to reintroduce some V back in .

I believe things will settle down if you just hold and don't change anything . A valium cross is supposed to be done gradually so that the valium metabolites can build up in your system ,  that will happen anyway  now that you are taking it , but you are just going through some rough K withdrawals right now .

it may take some time , like a couple of months, but I think you'll be ok if you don't change anything until you feel better

good luck ...  :smitten:

MiYu

A couple months!?!?!? 😭 I only directly switched from 0.2mg and I talked to people that directly switched from like 2mg k to 40mg v and felt fine after few days. Makes nó sense 😭

A lot of people are telling me the V not working cuz kindling so I need to go back to K! Do I just stop the V or slowly cross back over?

Those people were probably more stable before their crossover, and/or had not been taking the drug for as long as you. Your brain and body is dependent on the klonopin specifically. The Valium is a completely different drug, with different tendencies and applications. It can eventually serve as a replacement but some amount of withdrawal is not surprising. On top of that, you were already in withdrawal on the klonopin when you switched, so that is going to have to play itself out, too. Everyone feels their drug response is "paradoxical" when they are in acute withdrawal. It doesn't actually mean you are having a paradoxical reaction to the drug. It is likely just withdrawal. I know it sucks but the only way to be sure is to wait it out until it gets better. And what other option do you have, really? The klonopin wasn't working for you or you wouldn't have switched.

Yeah but Valium making meSOOO much worse! Cant handle it! A few ppl said V not working and kindled. How do I switch back? Just stop v or add dose of K And slowly taper off?

Pink, at some point you have to settle on something or you will never get off of these drugs. You have been down this road so many times and you always give up when it's hard and go back. You don't want to microtaper, and you've gotten to the point where you can't handle even a tiny cut to the klonopin. You are really at a crossroads here. You decided to really give the Valium a shot, so give it a shot! A shot means a few months to try and stabilize, not a few weeks. Otherwise I fear it is just a matter of time before you end up back at 1 or 2 MG of k and having to start over. You've been through that so many times and every one of these big changes are injuries to your brain. I don't know if kindling is really a thing, but if it is, switching back after 3 weeks is only going to make it worse.

We care, Pink, we really do, but no one can go through this for you. And you have to go through it to come out the other side. I wish it wasn't like that but it is. :/

Pink, at some point you have to settle on something or you will never get off of these drugs. You have been down this road so many times and you always give up when it's hard and go back. You don't want to microtaper, and you've gotten to the point where you can't handle even a tiny cut to the klonopin. You are really at a crossroads here. You decided to really give the Valium a shot, so give it a shot! A shot means a few months to try and stabilize, not a few weeks. Otherwise I fear it is just a matter of time before you end up back at 1 or 2 MG of k and having to start over. You've been through that so many times and every one of these big changes are injuries to your brain. I don't know if kindling is really a thing, but if it is, switching back after 3 weeks is only going to make it worse.

We care, Pink, we really do, but no one can go through this for you. And you have to go through it to come out the other side. I wish it wasn't like that but it is. :/

This is my first time crossing over since my taper and it's been years! The valium is only making me worse. It put me in acute!

It's not the Valium that is causing the acute. It's withdrawal from the klonopin leaving your system. The only other thing you could do is cut the Valium in half (2.5 mg) and add in 0.125 klon, and try to stabilize there, at the halfway point. At this point I have no confidence that anything will help except time, and this might even make things worse, but I think it would be better than just direct crossing back to the klon. Then you would be still recovering from your klonopin c/t (when you directly switched to v), plus you would now have Valium withdrawal to cope with. I would highly recommend against that.