Extreme paranoia intrusive thoughts and mental akathisia

[Pi...]

If it were me, I would do the half and half. But I don't know what pill strengths you have and if you can make yourself stable doses of 0.125 and 2.5 or not.

I'm so scared that's what is happening to me and that means I will never get out of this SEVERE acute if I don't get off the V.

I can do that. What is the purpose of it tho?

Let me explain in a roundabout way. Here is an over-simplified way of looking at withdrawal:

Imagine this.

You are standing in the middle of a long straight empty road. Your GABA receptors are standing next to you. You are smiling. (This is a stable hold.)

You run up the road a little ways and stop. Your GABA receptors cannot run. They start walking toward you, and after a while, they are standing next to you again. (This is a "cut and hold" taper.)

You start to walk together. You walk slowly, not wanting to leave your GABA receptors behind again. Very slowly, you speed up, keeping your eyes on them the whole time. When you get a few steps ahead, you slow down. Soon, it becomes natural, you know exactly how fast your GABA receptors can walk. It is like you are holding hands. (This is a slow symptom-based daily microtaper.)

You take off at a sprint. You run and run until you can't run anymore, and then you stop, turn, and look back. Your GABA receptors are visible, a tiny speck in the distance. You know they are walking toward you, but it will take them a long time to catch up. (This is a rapid taper or C/T.)

Trying to describe a direct cross in these terms is a bit complex. It's like you left one road for another road, without telling your GABA receptors where you were going. You took off into the brush and they are trying to find you on the road.

Splitting the dose puts you back on the road, gives your receptors an easier way to catch up, and therefore may shorten the duration of your acute. Leaving half the V dose helps establish the V while you recover, and adding back half your k dose makes it a shorter path to recovery (we hope). My only concern  (aside from the fact that you won't feel better for a while no matter what), is that the AK may come back when you take away some of the V. If that happens I guess you would half to add back the V, so you would be at 0.125 k and 5 v. This is what Mary suggested. Granted, this is another updose, and lost progress, but the AK was not a manageable symptom for you so you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm not a doctor. I'm not able to see inside you and know what's going on, and I definitely don't know what is best. All I can do is help you to understand your options. Your best options from here are either 1. Hold, 2. Split, or 3. Updose. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is direct cross back to only k or c/t from the v. The other 3 options are all viable. Just because I would choose option 2 doesn't mean that you should. You have to decide for yourself.

We are with you no matter what. And you are stronger than you think.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pi...]

• [wa...]

• [Ni...]

• [Ca...]

Feel so out of mind so scared

I'm not me

Feel so crazy

Feel perm brain damaged

Idk how to come out of this crazy state of mind

New

😭 Dk if I need er phych ward or what

Think the v really messing up my mental state  worse and worse 😭 i'm so scared! Nót me omg

Nick I feel like the v could be making me worse so i'm so scares ti try updose i'm sooo bad 😭😭😭 really feel like I nee d to gi back to k back dont know how pleasehel p

My mental state is sooo bad dont think its from the 0.2mg Klonopin wd

The higher dose V shoukd be covering it

If it were me, I would do the half and half. But I don't know what pill strengths you have and if you can make yourself stable doses of 0.125 and 2.5 or not.

I'm so scared that's what is happening to me and that means I will never get out of this SEVERE acute if I don't get off the V.

I can do that. What is the purpose of it tho?

Let me explain in a roundabout way. Here is an over-simplified way of looking at withdrawal:

Imagine this.

You are standing in the middle of a long straight empty road. Your GABA receptors are standing next to you. You are smiling. (This is a stable hold.)

You run up the road a little ways and stop. Your GABA receptors cannot run. They start walking toward you, and after a while, they are standing next to you again. (This is a "cut and hold" taper.)

You start to walk together. You walk slowly, not wanting to leave your GABA receptors behind again. Very slowly, you speed up, keeping your eyes on them the whole time. When you get a few steps ahead, you slow down. Soon, it becomes natural, you know exactly how fast your GABA receptors can walk. It is like you are holding hands. (This is a slow symptom-based daily microtaper.)

You take off at a sprint. You run and run until you can't run anymore, and then you stop, turn, and look back. Your GABA receptors are visible, a tiny speck in the distance. You know they are walking toward you, but it will take them a long time to catch up. (This is a rapid taper or C/T.)

Trying to describe a direct cross in these terms is a bit complex. It's like you left one road for another road, without telling your GABA receptors where you were going. You took off into the brush and they are trying to find you on the road.

Splitting the dose puts you back on the road, gives your receptors an easier way to catch up, and therefore may shorten the duration of your acute. Leaving half the V dose helps establish the V while you recover, and adding back half your k dose makes it a shorter path to recovery (we hope). My only concern  (aside from the fact that you won't feel better for a while no matter what), is that the AK may come back when you take away some of the V. If that happens I guess you would half to add back the V, so you would be at 0.125 k and 5 v. This is what Mary suggested. Granted, this is another updose, and lost progress, but the AK was not a manageable symptom for you so you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm not a doctor. I'm not able to see inside you and know what's going on, and I definitely don't know what is best. All I can do is help you to understand your options. Your best options from here are either 1. Hold, 2. Split, or 3. Updose. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is direct cross back to only k or c/t from the v. The other 3 options are all viable. Just because I would choose option 2 doesn't mean that you should. You have to decide for yourself.

We are with you no matter what. And you are stronger than you think.

really think v making me worse

Dont know if should stay on it 😭

What is the end goal with the adding k subt v

To stay on dose k until when

And main benzo you think I should be on is v end goal or

Yhe longer on v the worse I get hit severe acute dont sleep much anymore

Everytime I doze off shortly after wake up severe mental and phys symptoms worse mental now so scared to even try to sleep now always feel worse after 😭!, I dont think holding and staying on v is helping like yall say it will

1) The end goal is to get you off these drugs completely. That is the end goal of pretty much everyone here. You haven't been able to taper directly off the klonopin, so the goal is to do a slower crossover to Valium and taper off of that once you are stable. That is why I suggested the half and half.

2) I have not said, and would not say, that you will start feeling better ANYTIME SOON by ANY METHOD. As I said, in my personal experience, withdrawal symptoms peaked at 1 month after my cut, and lasted nearly 3 months. Your history is much more complicated than mine, so I would expect it to last even longer for you. You are not even a month out yet. I think it will be a few more weeks AT LEAST before you feel even a little better, no matter what you do.

The ONLY thing you can do to relieve symptoms is treat the symptoms. That means that you have to try to relieve your anxiety through distraction, meditation,  etc, rather than keeping yourself locked into overdrive all the time.

3) The higher dose v should NOT be covering it. It does not work that way. They are two totally different drugs. The equivalency is a rough equivalency because there is no real equivalent dose. It's apples and pears. That is why people do a "cross-over", they taper off of one drug, while tapering onto another. It's a slow process, and just like a taper, should be done even more slowly for someone whose CNS has been battered the way yours has. But since you skipped that step, and a significant amount of time has elapsed, you gotta choose a plan b.

4) I care, I do, and I understand what you are feeling. But I don't feel like you are listening. I feel like I keep trying to say the same things in different ways, and still, you keep asking questions that have already been answered. It's very defeating. A lot of people have already given up on trying to help because of it. If you want help, you have to be willing to take it. I've done what I can. I truly wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose.

1) The end goal is to get you off these drugs completely. That is the end goal of pretty much everyone here. You haven't been able to taper directly off the klonopin, so the goal is to do a slower crossover to Valium and taper off of that once you are stable. That is why I suggested the half and half.

2) I have not said, and would not say, that you will start feeling better ANYTIME SOON by ANY METHOD. As I said, in my personal experience, withdrawal symptoms peaked at 1 month after my cut, and lasted nearly 3 months. Your history is much more complicated than mine, so I would expect it to last even longer for you. You are not even a month out yet. I think it will be a few more weeks AT LEAST before you feel even a little better, no matter what you do.

The ONLY thing you can do to relieve symptoms is treat the symptoms. That means that you have to try to relieve your anxiety through distraction, meditation,  etc, rather than keeping yourself locked into overdrive all the time.

3) The higher dose v should NOT be covering it. It does not work that way. They are two totally different drugs. The equivalency is a rough equivalency because there is no real equivalent dose. It's apples and pears. That is why people do a "cross-over", they taper off of one drug, while tapering onto another. It's a slow process, and just like a taper, should be done even more slowly for someone whose CNS has been battered the way yours has. But since you skipped that step, and a significant amount of time has elapsed, you gotta choose a plan b.

4) I care, I do, and I understand what you are feeling. But I don't feel like you are listening. I feel like I keep trying to say the same things in different ways, and still, you keep asking questions that have already been answered. It's very defeating. A lot of people have already given up on trying to help because of it. If you want help, you have to be willing to take it. I've done what I can. I truly wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose.

i'm asking questions because i'm trying to understand. I have not talked to anyone yet or read posts of anyone else being on k nót in severe acute and then direct switch and THEN go into acute. So i'm worried and wondering what's happening. Everyone I've talked to outside of here said they did a direct switch from a high dose of K and felt okay it within a few days and did not feel ct at all. So that worries me that i'm not tolerating V.

So my instinct has been telling me to go back to K.

Could I be okay going back to K and tapering off the V?

I know the end goal is to get off the benzo

But I mean when you say add in K. Is that to calm down the k wd if that's what's going on? And how long would I stay on the k dose? How would I know if i'm stabilizing on the V while taking K too? I'm sorry i'm REALLY trying to understand. 😢

Okay.

Yes, the purpose of adding in 0.125 k is to help the k withdrawal resolve sooner than if you stuck with the v only. There is no guarantee that will work. But you seem like you are unable or unwilling to continue with your crossover plan at this point, so I suggested a middle ground. If you were to simply cross back to the k, I think the acute will stick around for a while and the AK might go back to the way it was. You say that you weren't in acute before the switch but you were crying and talking about going to the psych ward or killing yourself so it must have been pretty bad. Also, if the AK came on after only cutting 6% in 2 weeks, if that's true, and there were no other changes during that time that could have caused that symptom (changes with other meds, for instance), then you might HAVE TO taper from another drug. That is a pretty severe symptom to get from that size of cut, which is why you decided to switch to the Valium in the first place.

If you did try the half and half, ideally you would hold there for maybe 3 months to stabilize. If you stabilize then you stabilize, it doesn't matter how it happens. Then you would switch more of your k dose over to v, as slowly as possible, until you are on the v only, then taper.

I know that your story isn't like a lot of stories you hear. But there is a reason for that. You have one of the most complicated histories of anyone I have seen on here. You have been up and down and on and off so many times, i don't even know if you could count them. So you can not compare yourself to people who have only been on a benzo for a year or two or even someone who has been on one for 20 years at a stable dose. At this point, your central nervous system has been in, like, 20 serious auto accidents, essentially.

I hate to use the term kindled, because it's not proven to be a thing with benzos and people use it too much, but if there is such a thing as kindled on benzos, that's you, girlie. I know it has got to suck but you have to accept it and try to stop doing rash things that make it worse. It's been going on for a long time, and every time you give up, it gets a little harder the next time. Don't think I don't empathize, I do, but you have to start listening to people, and taking the time to figure things out so you can do them safely.

Here is a quote from Builder speaking to you in March of 2017: "Are you sure you want to cut 10%? It seems like you are struggling."

But instead of heeding his warning and taking it slow, you bulldozed ahead, and then after making a couple cuts, had to updose, started talking about crossing to v, then ended up having to hold for several months.

This is just one example of many. Maybe just try it out, being more careful, more gentle with yourself. I think it is the key to success for you.

Okay.

Yes, the purpose of adding in 0.125 k is to help the k withdrawal resolve sooner than if you stuck with the v only. There is no guarantee that will work. But you seem like you are unable or unwilling to continue with your crossover plan at this point, so I suggested a middle ground. If you were to simply cross back to the k, I think the acute will stick around for a while and the AK might go back to the way it was. You say that you weren't in acute before the switch but you were crying and talking about going to the psych ward or killing yourself so it must have been pretty bad. Also, if the AK came on after only cutting 6% in 2 weeks, if that's true, and there were no other changes during that time that could have caused that symptom (changes with other meds, for instance), then you might HAVE TO taper from another drug. That is a pretty severe symptom to get from that size of cut, which is why you decided to switch to the Valium in the first place.

If you did try the half and half, ideally you would hold there for maybe 3 months to stabilize. If you stabilize then you stabilize, it doesn't matter how it happens. Then you would switch more of your k dose over to v, as slowly as possible, until you are on the v only, then taper.

I know that your story isn't like a lot of stories you hear. But there is a reason for that. You have one of the most complicated histories of anyone I have seen on here. You have been up and down and on and off so many times, i don't even know if you could count them. So you can not compare yourself to people who have only been on a benzo for a year or two or even someone who has been on one for 20 years at a stable dose. At this point, your central nervous system has been in, like, 20 serious auto accidents, essentially.

I hate to use the term kindled, because it's not proven to be a thing with benzos and people use it too much, but if there is such a thing as kindled on benzos, that's you, girlie. I know it has got to suck but you have to accept it and try to stop doing rash things that make it worse. It's been going on for a long time, and every time you give up, it gets a little harder the next time. Don't think I don't empathize, I do, but you have to start listening to people, and taking the time to figure things out so you can do them safely.

Here is a quote from Builder speaking to you in March of 2017: "Are you sure you want to cut 10%? It seems like you are struggling."

But instead of heeding his warning and taking it slow, you bulldozed ahead, and then after making a couple cuts, had to updose, started talking about crossing to v, then ended up having to hold for several months.

This is just one example of many. Maybe just try it out, being more careful, more gentle with yourself. I think it is the key to success for you.

No was definitely not in acute until now on the Valium.

Yeah was tapering slow and all hell broke lose out of nowhere and severe akathisia.

My quack won't prescribe 2 benzos so I have to choose. I have Klonopin left but don't think I have many months worth. Was thinking yóu meant for short term use.

Damn i'm so hopeless now. I literally traded severe akathisia for severe acute CT. Not sure which is worse! Both make me want to end it.

Is there any other options to get me out of acute!? 😭

Time is the only cure I know of. Time and treating yourself right. If you can't sleep, you've got to meditate instead so your brain gets some rest. That is super important. And getting some daylight is helpful, and exercise. Use all that anxious energy to walk or dance or do jumping jacks, whatever you can do. Look in the mirror and tell yourself "this will end. I will get better". Practice belly breathing, do progressive relaxation, do grounding exercises. Distract, distract, distract. I know that you have been making changes with the drugs to try to change your life, for a long time. Maybe it's time to learn some new tools. :)

Time is the only cure I know of. Time and treating yourself right. If you can't sleep, you've got to meditate instead so your brain gets some rest. That is super important. And getting some daylight is helpful, and exercise. Use all that anxious energy to walk or dance or do jumping jacks, whatever you can do. Look in the mirror and tell yourself "this will end. I will get better". Practice belly breathing, do progressive relaxation, do grounding exercises. Distract, distract, distract. I know that you have been making changes with the drugs to try to change your life, for a long time. Maybe it's time to learn some new tools. :)

What about adding k for a short period and then tapering off instead of CT

This is way too unbearable! I don't want to have to die!!! 😭

Nót only am I in severe acute like 40 new severe symptoms and not able to sleep eat drink walk much non functional but the internal akathisia severe huge muscle spasms whatever it is with and the super high blood pressure and heart rate that some of us get with akathisia has been horrific today and getting way worse

I cant handle all of this I need options I want to live 😭

Pink......listen please, you’re just reading the threads and asking the SAME questions over n over again girl, it’s like a broken record you just said that you don’t have enough K left to last many months yet you seem to keep asking already to taper off of Valium (because your FB friend thought because she couldn’t metabolize it then your blood stream couldn’t either) so now you just want back on K again because you’re use to it, comfortable with it, hate to say it but your an addict to it. Wave has politely literally walked you through step by step on what to do in order to stablize taking half the doses until your Central Nervous System gets use to the Valium and your stablize than start your taper. While many have stopped posting here others have not, they care BUT you got to take a stand on your own and choose a path. I feel for ya. But no Benzo in the world is going solve everything for you whether your on them or off. You got to learn coping mechanisms, we all do. I just woke up from three hours sleep and took my morning doseage. I’m trying to ween that out hence learn a better coping mechanism than running to a dose as soon as I get up etc....life sucks for ya all

Pink......listen please, you’re just reading the threads and asking the SAME questions over n over again girl, it’s like a broken record you just said that you don’t have enough K left to last many months yet you seem to keep asking already to taper off of Valium (because your FB friend thought because she couldn’t metabolize it then your blood stream couldn’t either) so now you just want back on K again because you’re use to it, comfortable with it, hate to say it but your an addict to it. Wave has politely literally walked you through step by step on what to do in order to stablize taking half the doses until your Central Nervous System gets use to the Valium and your stablize than start your taper. While many have stopped posting here others have not, they care BUT you got to take a stand on your own and choose a path. I feel for ya. But no Benzo in the world is going solve everything for you whether your on them or off. You got to learn coping mechanisms, we all do. I just woke up from three hours sleep and took my morning doseage. I’m trying to ween that out hence learn a better coping mechanism than running to a dose as soon as I get up etc....life sucks for ya all

I also stated that my quack will prescribe one benzo. So If I get back on the k and it helps then I will be able to continue getting scripts so stop looking for reasons to be rude. If you or anyone else was in this extreme hell then you'd be looking for ways to get relief as well. I will not make myself suffer any longer if I dont have to. The V has made me worse. Only a fool would stay on it and suffer to the point of ending it. I refuse to continue to lay here lifeless and possibly die from nót being able to eat sleep walk drink function at allllll. I'm about to end up losing everything from this hell and I refuse to just "ride through it" if I don't HAVE to. Move along dude.

I also stated that my quack will prescribe one benzo. So If I get back on the k and it helps then I will be able to continue getting scripts so stop looking for reasons to be rude. If you or anyone else was in this extreme hell then you'd be looking for ways to get relief as well. I will not make myself suffer any longer if I dont have to. The V has made me worse. Only a fool would stay on it and suffer to the point of ending it. I refuse to continue to lay here lifeless and possibly die from nót being able to eat sleep walk drink function at allllll. I'm about to end up losing everything from this hell and I refuse to just "ride through it" if I don't HAVE to. Move along dude.

Who would switch over to a drug, get worse and stay on it and stay deathly ill losing everything and ending their life if they don't HAVE to? Not me!

Pink I’m not being rude or least try not to be, I literally offered to call you and talk to you and text you through this all so please don’t say I’m trying to be rude. I’m just saying that no matter what we post here NOTHING is going work until YOU make the decision to choose the path best suited to you. You were given many suitable scenarios n suggestions on what they would do in your situation but only you are you dear, no one else, please for your own sanity at least just choose a path you feel comfortable with (I’m going say from observation only mind you) that your most comfortable with K so then go back on K and stabilize Pink, you seem like a great human being. This is only a hard bump in the road. Five years from now hopefully you’ll look back on these forums and laugh saying wow I really fought through a hard time and look how strong I came out of it. Amazing. God bless Pink.

i'm asking questions because i'm trying to understand. I have not talked to anyone yet or read posts of anyone else being on k nót in severe acute and then direct switch and THEN go into acute. So i'm worried and wondering what's happening. Everyone I've talked to outside of here said they did a direct switch from a high dose of K and felt okay it within a few days and did not feel ct at all. So that worries me that i'm not tolerating V.

But I mean when you say add in K. Is that to calm down the k wd if that's what's going on? And how long would I stay on the k dose? How would I know if i'm stabilizing on the V while taking K too? I'm sorry i'm REALLY trying to understand. 😢

Hey, I wrote in the first few posts of your First thread. I know EXACTLY what you're going through. I took 3mg of klonopin a day (about 9 years ago. I wanted off.) So my doctor tapered me to .25mg then said whenever I was ready, to just stop. I gave it 3 weeks of ABSOLUTE hell on earth. Tremors, Shakiness, Dizzy, It felt like my body was seconds away from convulsing, and those damn bran shocks.

I could not function and went back on Klonopin.

I also stated in this thread that I rebounded horribly on Klonopin and now I'm taking an unheard of amount. I'm holding steady at 4mg because at 16 days I feel just about ready to taper again, going from just 5mg to 4mg was enough to make me question "Is it worth it".

My goal is to just get to 3mg. (baby steps)

I know this hell you speak of. Yes, we all here want to eventually get off this poison, but it does sound like you need Klonopin back in your system.

I'm not going to do the V c/o I learned on these forums that K comes in a really, really low dose. But I am not at that point yet AT ALL.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't rebound like me. Get to a stabilizing low dose of K and hold. Then when you're ready, Go EVEN slower on the taper using klonopin.

Hope you feel better soon.

[77...]
I also stated that my quack will prescribe one benzo. So If I get back on the k and it helps then I will be able to continue getting scripts so stop looking for reasons to be rude. If you or anyone else was in this extreme hell then you'd be looking for ways to get relief as well. I will not make myself suffer any longer if I dont have to.

The V has made me worse. Only a fool would stay on it and suffer to the point of ending it. I refuse to continue to lay here lifeless and possibly die from nót being able to eat sleep walk drink function at allllll. I'm about to end up losing everything from this hell and I refuse to just "ride through it" if I don't HAVE to. Move along dude.

PinkGlitter:

It looks as though you have answered your own question about exactly what to do next, so perhaps you should just get on with it.

If the replies you have gotten seem exasperated, it’s because no matter what folks offer you in the way of support, you re-post the same questions over and over again, and start new threads all over the forum.

It’s as though you don’t listen to anything anyone has to say, and it makes folks feel as though they’re wasting their time.

So please talk to your doc and do what you have to do, but DO NOT post any more insulting remarks to the members who have gone out of the way to try to help you.

Thank you.

Leslie

Administrator

Thank you, Leslie.

And thanks to everyone else who tried to help, and to everyone who read my posts. I hope someone took something from some part of it, so it wasn't completely without purpose. Love you guys.

Thank you, Leslie.

And thanks to everyone else who tried to help, and to everyone who read my posts. I hope someone took something from some part of it, so it wasn't completely without purpose. Love you guys.

Thanks Waves, It got well beyond my experiences so it was good for me to read the continued thoughts involved... I imagine all of us appreciated your efforts..

:)

Pink, All the best as you find your path too.. Dont give up.. Its amazing what our bodies can do given time and support...

Best wishes...

[77...]

Thank you, Leslie.

Thanks Waves, It got well beyond my experiences so it was good for me to read the continued thoughts involved... I imagine all of us appreciated your efforts..

:)

Pink, All the best as you find your path too.. Dont give up.. Its amazing what our bodies can do given time and support...

Best wishes...

Agreed, thanks Wavesontheshore and Cantfly – the support that you both offer members here is greatly appreciated.

:smitten:

Hey, I wrote in the first few posts of your First thread. I know EXACTLY what you're going through. I took 3mg of klonopin a day (about 9 years ago. I wanted off.) So my doctor tapered me to .25mg then said whenever I was ready, to just stop. I gave it 3 weeks of ABSOLUTE hell on earth. Tremors, Shakiness, Dizzy, It felt like my body was seconds away from convulsing, and those damn bran shocks.

I could not function and went back on Klonopin.

I also stated in this thread that I rebounded horribly on Klonopin and now I'm taking an unheard of amount. I'm holding steady at 4mg because at 16 days I feel just about ready to taper again, going from just 5mg to 4mg was enough to make me question "Is it worth it".

My goal is to just get to 3mg. (baby steps)

I know this hell you speak of. Yes, we all here want to eventually get off this poison, but it does sound like you need Klonopin back in your system.

I'm not going to do the V c/o I learned on these forums that K comes in a really, really low dose. But I am not at that point yet AT ALL.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't rebound like me. Get to a stabilizing low dose of K and hold. Then when you're ready, Go EVEN slower on the taper using klonopin.

Hope you feel better soon.

So deathly afraid will go back on K be worse and it nót help and have to keep updosing 😭 some ppl had to reinstate and others reinstated and took more and didnt help. Just so scared idk what to do 😭