Extreme paranoia intrusive thoughts and mental akathisia

[Pi...]

It's not the Valium that is causing the acute. It's withdrawal from the klonopin leaving your system. The only other thing you could do is cut the Valium in half (2.5 mg) and add in 0.125 klon, and try to stabilize there, at the halfway point. At this point I have no confidence that anything will help except time, and this might even make things worse, but I think it would be better than just direct crossing back to the klon. Then you would be still recovering from your klonopin c/t (when you directly switched to v), plus you would now have Valium withdrawal to cope with. I would highly recommend against that.

I was not acute untiljust a few days ago. I've talked to many ppl that said they directly crossed over from a high dose of k and didnt feel CT at all and felt better within a few days. When I did that many years ago and was CT 30mg V I did nót feel CT at alllll.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pi...]

• [wa...]

• [Ni...]

• [Ca...]

Low dose k switched to V. At first didn't help and so severe and then holding now i'm in severe acute feel like I CT. Friends have nnoticed that i'm worse on V.

When I switched to valium after about a week I developed a rash on my shoulder and nausea. I stopped it and finished my taper on lorazepam which I'd been taking before the switch.

When I switched to valium after about a week I developed a rash on my shoulder and nausea. I stopped it and finished my taper on lorazepam which I'd been taking before the switch.

19 days on V. Am I supposed to taper or just stop

and do I need to slowly introduce k back in or . Dont kmow how to cross if need to

I have read through all your recent posts and have not seen anyone say they directly crossed from a large dose of k to v with no issues. But even if they did, is their history like yours? Were they having severe symptoms on the k already before they switched? Had they been on the drug for as many years as you have? Have they used a valium cross to taper off in the past? Have they been tapering on and off for years and years?

With your specific history, the fact that you are suffering after a direct cross, which is the same as a c/t from klon, is not a surprise. I have been concerned enough about you that I recently took the time to read through all of your posts, going back to 2015, so I may have a slightly clearer picture of this than some others.

From my perspective, your posts before the cross were borderline incoherent, some of them just had one letter or a period in the body of the post, lots of talking about suicide and crying emojis, whereas now you seem to somewhat have it together. You are writing paragraphs of full sentences with punctuation, taking the time to type out details of what is going on with you, etc. So, from where I am sitting, it LOOKS like you are actually doing better than you were.

But, even if you are not, even if you feel worse, no rational person would blame that on the valium. You are expecting the valium to cover all the symptoms from the c/t of klon. That is like taking a Tylenol for a severe concussion. It might help some (and it has, since the AK is lessened), but it's not a magic wand. In other words, I believe that NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, there will be a period of suffering right now. You can flail around desperately and possibly further injure yourself, or you can choose a place to settle, and lie still for a while while you heal. I think holding right where you are is a good option, or splitting your dose between the k and the v is a good option (0.125k+2.5v). I would not recommend a direct cross back to the k. Then, your suffering is for nothing, plus you probably get the AK back.

But either way, I suspect, the suffering goes on. The damage is done,  you have incurred a series of injuries, and now you must recover from them. There is no way around it, as much as I would like for there to be.  :/

It seems like the advice you are getting in all the different threads is pretty consistent with what I am suggesting. I don't know if you just keep posting because you are hoping for a specific answer that you haven't been given yet? If you are waiting for the promise of a magic wand? Someone to say that they have the secret that will end all your suffering?  If that is what you are looking for, I am sorry to say that you will not find it. Every change you make is a risk, a roll of the dice, and no one can tell you what you are hoping to hear.

That said, please stop posting all over the place. When you do this, you may get more answers but you don't get as much clarity as you would having them all in one thread. Here is a suggestion. When you want advice in the future, post one thread that clearly states your question, then, go places like the support thread and post saying "Guys? I posted a thread looking for advice on the _______ board. Could you please look at it and share your thoughts? Thanks." They can easily click on your name and click to read your posts, find the post you mentioned, and add their thoughts. That way, everything is in the same place. And you won't risk getting in trouble with the mods. :)

No matter what, Pink, I wish you the best. We all do. After reading your whole story, I would love to see you get off these drugs once and for all. And I have hope that you can do it. But it's going to require some patience, and when you are stable again and ready to taper, a different strategy. I hope you can find acceptance with those two things, because acceptance makes everything easier.

I have read through all your recent posts and have not seen anyone say they directly crossed from a large dose of k to v with no issues. But even if they did, is their history like yours? Were they having severe symptoms on the k already before they switched? Had they been on the drug for as many years as you have? Have they used a valium cross to taper off in the past? Have they been tapering on and off for years and years?

With your specific history, the fact that you are suffering after a direct cross, which is the same as a c/t from klon, is not a surprise. I have been concerned enough about you that I recently took the time to read through all of your posts, going back to 2015, so I may have a slightly clearer picture of this than some others.

From my perspective, your posts before the cross were borderline incoherent, some of them just had one letter or a period in the body of the post, lots of talking about suicide and crying emojis, whereas now you seem to somewhat have it together. You are writing paragraphs of full sentences with punctuation, taking the time to type out details of what is going on with you, etc. So, from where I am sitting, it LOOKS like you are actually doing better than you were.

But, even if you are not, even if you feel worse, no rational person would blame that on the valium. You are expecting the valium to cover all the symptoms from the c/t of klon. That is like taking a Tylenol for a severe concussion. It might help some (and it has, since the AK is lessened), but it's not a magic wand. In other words, I believe that NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, there will be a period of suffering right now. You can flail around desperately and possibly further injure yourself, or you can choose a place to settle, and lie still for a while while you heal. I think holding right where you are is a good option, or splitting your dose between the k and the v is a good option (0.125k+2.5v). I would not recommend a direct cross back to the k. Then, your suffering is for nothing, plus you probably get the AK back.

But either way, I suspect, the suffering goes on. The damage is done,  you have incurred a series of injuries, and now you must recover from them. There is no way around it, as much as I would like for there to be.  :/

It seems like the advice you are getting in all the different threads is pretty consistent with what I am suggesting. I don't know if you just keep posting because you are hoping for a specific answer that you haven't been given yet? If you are waiting for the promise of a magic wand? Someone to say that they have the secret that will end all your suffering?  If that is what you are looking for, I am sorry to say that you will not find it. Every change you make is a risk, a roll of the dice, and no one can tell you what you are hoping to hear.

That said, please stop posting all over the place. When you do this, you may get more answers but you don't get as much clarity as you would having them all in one thread. Here is a suggestion. When you want advice in the future, post one thread that clearly states your question, then, go places like the support thread and post saying "Guys? I posted a thread looking for advice on the _______ board. Could you please look at it and share your thoughts? Thanks." They can easily click on your name and click to read your posts, find the post you mentioned, and add their thoughts. That way, everything is in the same place. And you won't risk getting in trouble with the mods. :)

No matter what, Pink, I wish you the best. We all do. After reading your whole story, I would love to see you get off these drugs once and for all. And I have hope that you can do it. But it's going to require some patience, and when you are stable again and ready to taper, a different strategy. I hope you can find acceptance with those two things, because acceptance makes everything easier.

(This is a duplicate post, in each thread Pink is posting in. I think this is better than having us all spread out.)

(This is a duplicate post, in each thread Pink is posting in. I think this is better than having us all spread out.)

I asked ppl from Facebook not here. I am worse. Feel like i CT!!!!! I keep posting because I am desperate for answers so I know what's going on with me and how to get relief!!!

Direct cross over from 0.2mg K to 5mg V and it was severe and now feel like i'm CT! What is happening and is there a article on how to cross back over!?!?

Pink, I know you are in c/t. That is exactly what I said. You abruptly discontinued your klonopin, so cold turkey is where you are, valium or no valium. And I wasn't implying that you aren't suffering, only that whatever you are going through seems from the outside to be slightly less horrific than the AK was for you.

We are trying to help. I can't speak to the Facebook side of things, but people here all seem to agree that it makes sense that you are feeling awful, and that crossing back to the klonopin all at once, or completely, is not the answer. You say that you want answers and numerous knowledgeable people (I don't mean me) have piped up and given you answers. I just don't know what else you are looking for.

I am trying my best to help, and have your best interests at heart. I wouldn't spend time replying if I didn't. You don't know me, either. I am a Virgo, too, fiercely loyal and a born caregiver, who gives as much as she has to give and then some. I genuinely care. I mean, I spent hours reading your posts and taking notes (!!!) trying to better understand the situation, since your signature is so vague. We have all tried our best here, Pink, and most of the time it doesn't even seem like you hear what we say. :/ It's kind of heartbreaking.

Everything I have said is with love and good intention, and any frustration I feel is frustration that the help you need isn't getting through to you. Please know that.

Pink, I know you are in c/t. Ttyhat is exactly what I said. You abruptly discontinued your klonopin, so cold turkey is where you are, valium or no valium. And I wasn't implying that you aren't suffering, only that whatever you are going through seems from the outside to be slightly less horrific than the AK was for you.

We are trying to help. I can't speak to the Facebook side of things, but people here all seem to agree that it makes sense that you are feeling awful, and that crossing back to the klonopin all at once, or completely, is not the answer. You say that you want answers and numerous knowledgeable people (I don't mean me) have piped up and given you answers. I just don't know what else you are looking for.

I am trying my best to help, and have your best interests at heart. I wouldn't spend time replying if I didn't. You don't know me, either. I am a Virgo, too, fiercely loyal and a born caregiver, who gives as much as she has to give and then some. I genuinely care. I mean, I spent hours reading your posts and taking notes (!!!) trying to better understand the situation, since your signature is so vague. We have all tried our best here, Pink, and most of the time it doesn't even seem like you hear what we say. :/ It's kind of heartbreaking.

Everything I have said is with love and good intention, and any frustration I feel is frustration that the help you need isn't getting through to you. Please know that.

Can I slowly cross back over like go on dose of K and taper off valium

Idk how to do it but I need relief!

Ppl from outside of here said I should have already been feeling better not worse not like I CT.

Anyone who says you "should" be feeling any such thing in any specific time frame is not only wrong, but grossly arrogant. This is the type of thing buddies often hear from doctors who are ignorant about benzo withdrawal. Every person's biology is unique, and everyone metabolizes these drugs differently. No one can say with any certainty how long the fallout from an injury to the central nervous system will last. No one. Anyone who says they can should not be trusted.

I took klonopin for only 2 months before I made my big cut (not a c/t but close, I cut 2/3 of my dose). My symptoms flared up a week later, but didn't PEAK until A MONTH LATER. Then, it took ALMOST 3 MONTHS to stabilize.

I had made no other changes and had never experienced any of the symptoms before, and I had pretty much all of them, except seizures and hallucinations. So I know it was withdrawal. But what did the doctors say? "You SHOULD be feeling better by now." Yeah, thanks a lot.

It is always up to you what you do, but you were totally stuck on the k, and haven't been able to try tapering from the Valium yet, and it's working for the ak, for the most part, so I wouldn't give up on it. If anything, again, I would split it between the 2 drugs (0.125k+2.5v) and hold to stabilize, then taper off the klonopin leaving the Valium for last OR cross the rest of your k to v again later, after you have adjusted to the half and half.

But again, no matter what you do, you probably won't get relief right away. I have read a lot of people's stories, and k withdrawal from a c/t or huge cut seems to always take a while, regardless of whether they reinstate and taper, reinstate and hold, partially reinstate and hold, or cross to another drug.

Anyone who says you "should" be feeling any such thing in any specific time frame is not only wrong, but grossly arrogant. This is the type of thing buddies often hear from doctors who are ignorant about benzo withdrawal. Every person's biology is unique, and everyone metabolizes these drugs differently. No one can say with any certainty how long the fallout from an injury to the central nervous system will last. No one. Anyone who says they can should not be trusted.

I took klonopin for only 2 months before I made my big cut (not a c/t but close, I cut 2/3 of my dose). My symptoms flared up a week later, but didn't PEAK until A MONTH LATER. Then, it took ALMOST 3 MONTHS to stabilize.

I had made no other changes and had never experienced any of the symptoms before, and I had pretty much all of them, except seizures and hallucinations. So I know it was withdrawal. But what did the doctors say? "You SHOULD be feeling better by now." Yeah, thanks a lot.

It is always up to you what you do, but you were totally stuck on the k, and haven't been able to try tapering from the Valium yet, and it's working for the ak, for the most part, so I wouldn't give up on it. If anything, again, I would split it between the 2 drugs (0.125k+2.5v) and hold to stabilize, then taper off the klonopin leaving the Valium for last OR cross the rest of your k to v again later, after you have adjusted to the half and half.

But again, no matter what you do, you probably won't get relief right away. I have read a lot of people's stories, and k withdrawal from a c/t or huge cut seems to always take a while, regardless of whether they reinstate and taper, reinstate and hold, partially reinstate and hold, or cross to another drug.

what will adding the k and dropping half the v do? Is that for switching back to K?

Sorry i can't comprehend too well too ill.

And what are your thoughts on upping the V?

I'm just so stressed and confused dont know what to do.

Could the V be making me worse? Me not metabolizing it or something? Coukd it be too weak? I'm sure this is nót from k ct. I have been CT 30mg V and did not feel CT at alll.

This IS klonopin withdrawal from an abrupt discontinuation of klonopin. Everyone here seems to agree about this. You subtracted the k and added the v, instead of slowly replacing one with the other. So you are in acute. I think switching to v was a good idea for you, actually, but because of your history, I would have recommended a much much slower transition.

You can't compare this c/t to another one in the past either. The first time i c/t'd klon, I had zero symptoms at all. Second time (not even a c/t) I thought I was gonna die.

Bottom line is that v might be your only way off of these drugs. You have been trying to taper from k for what? 5 years? Anyway, a loooong time. Maybe the v is your ticket out.

I was suggesting splitting your dose for a while NOT to go back to the k, but to smooth your transition to the v, to do it in steps instead of all at once. Going up in v (a little) INSTEAD is also an option.

This IS klonopin withdrawal from an abrupt discontinuation of klonopin. Everyone here seems to agree about this. You subtracted the k and added the v, instead of slowly replacing one with the other. So you are in acute. I think switching to v was a good idea for you, actually, but because of your history, I would have recommended a much much slower transition.

You can't compare this c/t to another one in the past either. The first time i c/t'd klon, I had zero symptoms at all. Second time (not even a c/t) I thought I was gonna die.

Bottom line is that v might be your only way off of these drugs. You have been trying to taper from k for what? 5 years? Anyway, a loooong time. Maybe the v is your ticket out.

I was suggesting splitting your dose for a while NOT to go back to the k, but to smooth your transition to the v, to do it in steps instead of all at once. Going up in v (a little) INSTEAD is also an option.

My friend was the same way. She was on ativan and tried to slowly cross to Valium and she felt like she was in CT and found out she can't metabolize Valium and told me to get off immediately so that could be the case as well.

So either add some K now until like 4 weeks until I supposedly stabilize OR add a little more V correct?

I went from Ativan to Clonazepam instantly without tapering from Ativan and I still feel the same shitty symptoms not worse but not better. Guys she’s just looking for reassurance that’s all, Pink their trying to explain what to do. Nothing they say or do will help you instantly feel better however their wise experience and suggestions is a way to attempt for you to feel better in your mind. But it’s not a instant fix. I won’t suggest nothing because more experienced members have suggested honest feedback. Good luck Pink.

My friend was the same way. She was on ativan and tried to slowly cross to Valium and she felt like she was in CT and found out she can't metabolize Valium and told me to get off immediately so that could be the case as well.

So either add some K now until like 4 weeks until I supposedly stabilize OR add a little more V correct?

It's possible. A little less likely because Valium is primarily metabolized by the same liver enzyme that metabolizes klon. Ativan is metabolized differently. But it's possible you are less able to metabolize it than the klon because of the other enzyme that involved? It seems kind of far-fetched.

If it were me, I would do the half and half. But I don't know what pill strengths you have and if you can make yourself stable doses of 0.125 and 2.5 or not.

I think that your symptoms are all related, that if you taking Clonazepam and tapering from a lower dose that causes your central nervous system to enter the fight/flight mode which triggers every other symptom you experience as well as when you switched over to Valium, same issue. You're doing a number to your GABA A receptors and unfortunately from years of Benzo usage they have weakened so much from producing any naturally that they've come so dependent on receiving that needed GABA from your medication but now you developed a tolerance for the K and you're body isn't use to the V.....so to sum it up, you're damned if you do n damned if you don't. My advice would be to just live with the suffering and continue the taper because god help us there has to be an end game eventually to getting off these

I think that your symptoms are all related, that if you taking Clonazepam and tapering from a lower dose that causes your central nervous system to enter the fight/flight mode which triggers every other symptom you experience as well as when you switched over to Valium, same issue. You're doing a number to your GABA A receptors and unfortunately from years of Benzo usage they have weakened so much from producing any naturally that they've come so dependent on receiving that needed GABA from your medication but now you developed a tolerance for the K and you're body isn't use to the V.....so to sum it up, you're damned if you do n damned if you don't. My advice would be to just live with the suffering and continue the taper because god help us there has to be an end game eventually to getting off these

I can't. If I don't get any relief soon then I have to end it or ask to be put in a long term pysch ward in a straight jacket! 😭

It's THAT SEVERE! THAT BAD!

It's possible. A little less likely because Valium is primarily metabolized by the same liver enzyme that metabolizes klon. Ativan is metabolized differently. But it's possible you are less able to metabolize it than the klon because of the other enzyme that involved? It seems kind of far-fetched.

If it were me, I would do the half and half. But I don't know what pill strengths you have and if you can make yourself stable doses of 0.125 and 2.5 or not.

I'm so scared that's what is happening to me and that means I will never get out of this SEVERE acute if I don't get off the V.

I can do that. What is the purpose of it tho?

I wouldn’t normally advise this and please don’t be upset fellow BenzoBuddies but Pink SERIOUSLY if you’re honestly thinking of suicide you need to up your dose immediately back to a higher level so you stablize and get relief THEN honestly sit down and have a talk with your doctors and ask yourself if you’re even mentally stable enough to come off of your medication because from these posts and suicide talks I don’t know you personally but you sound like you’re not ready yet. My own opinion