How do you guys function?

[Fi...]

Thanks for all of your encouragements Aloha and Nightengale....  It has been a while since I have posted anything....I am still struggling but it has gotten a teeny tiny bit better....My husband notices the little progress  I am making with sleep.. I had about a week of good sleep a few weeks ago and then, bam,,,,back to horrible sleep.  Last night I could not fall asleep.....it is horrible...I do what Aloha does....I do just lay there.... for 2 or 3 hours....then I guess I sleep because I wake up.....then,,, cannot go back...Also, the anxiety is horrible....I don't do this on purpose, thoughts just come in...  I did drink Chamomile Tea last night....I felt wired after drinking it.....THIS IS A LONG, SLOW PROCESS FOR ME...

Has anyone heard of LUNA?  A sleep supplement...found it on Amazon....I bought it, but I have not taken it yet....I am still afraid to take anything....I have wasted so much money on natural supplements .....The only thing I take is Melatonin .....maybe 3 nights a week. 

I DON'T KNOW WHERE I WOULD BE WITHOUT THE HELP AND ENCOURAGMENT OF EVERYONE ON BENZO...BUDDIES.

P.S.  I have not gotten sick throughout all of this,,,,,except for now..I caught some kind of a bug....This really stinks, being sick and not able to sleep.....

Thanks nightengale!  Feeling pretty good about the jump.  And you're not rambling!!  I really like your attitude toward your healing.  And it's always good to hear about what other people are noticing about their healing path, what works, what doesn't.  I guess it's mostly what doesn't work  :)  Still good to know.

Sleep is a wonderful thing, but so elusive or haphazard for everyone.  Sounds like you have a little bit of a game plan going until beloved Mother Z comes back home for good.  I just went through about a three day stretch where all I did was sleep (post jump).  Then...wide awake it seemed all last night.  Or most of it.  Like you, I tried to think of what I did different, and then I remembered I tried a damned all natural sleep aid.  Harmmph!  None of that tonight.  I'm still voting that it's the lingering unease (no longer anxiety, really). Hard to let go and sleep when the fight or flight is still lingering, I suppose.

Sometimes I think sheer exhaustion just takes over and I finally get a good night.

Here's to another day closer...for everybody!!

Hope you feel better soon, Runner.  It's nice to get a stretch of sleep, even if temporary.

FightingFox - Hope you find your way back to an acceptable amount of z's. 

Thanks for all of your encouragements Aloha and Nightengale....  It has been a while since I have posted anything....I am still struggling but it has gotten a teeny tiny bit better....My husband notices the little progress  I am making with sleep.. I had about a week of good sleep a few weeks ago and then, bam,,,,back to horrible sleep.  Last night I could not fall asleep.....it is horrible...I do what Aloha does....I do just lay there.... for 2 or 3 hours....then I guess I sleep because I wake up.....then,,, cannot go back...Also, the anxiety is horrible....I don't do this on purpose, thoughts just come in...  I did drink Chamomile Tea last night....I felt wired after drinking it.....THIS IS A LONG, SLOW PROCESS FOR ME...

Has anyone heard of LUNA?  A sleep supplement...found it on Amazon....I bought it, but I have not taken it yet....I am still afraid to take anything....I have wasted so much money on natural supplements .....The only thing I take is Melatonin .....maybe 3 nights a week. 

I DON'T KNOW WHERE I WOULD BE WITHOUT THE HELP AND ENCOURAGMENT OF EVERYONE ON BENZO...BUDDIES.

P.S.  I have not gotten sick throughout all of this,,,,,except for now..I caught some kind of a bug....This really stinks, being sick and not able to sleep.....

I checked up on Luna and it contains passion flower extract. This and possibly other listed ingredients contain GABA which stimulates your GABA receptors. Could possible interfere with the receptors' getting back into balance after benzo usage.

Many of us went for months or even years with little sleep.

I could function very well on 4 hours per night.  For me it was more of a psychological thing.  I used to think if I didn't get 8 hours a night I should feel like crap.  After almost 70 ZERO nights or nights of no perceived sleep, 4 hours was glorious...even though it didn't make me feel much better physically.

I went to work at least 10+ times when I had no perceived sleep for 3 and sometimes 4 days in a row!  (not looking for any award or congratulatory comment)

I was so wired I couldn't sleep and never got sleepy even when driving

It slowly changed over time

I am 30 months off now and doing great!  My life is just like it was before Benzos!

I could function very well on 4 hours per night.  For me it was more of a psychological thing.  I used to think if I didn't get 8 hours a night I should feel like crap.  After almost 70 ZERO nights or nights of no perceived sleep, 4 hours was glorious...even though it didn't make me feel much better physically.

I went to work at least 10+ times when I had no perceived sleep for 3 and sometimes 4 days in a row!  (not looking for any award or congratulatory comment)

I am 30 months off now and doing great!  My life is just like it was before Benzos!

And thats Because JESUS LOVES YOU! You know wehen I ot my Insomnia over 4 years ago, I tried everything, all meds made me have brain jolts or zaps some made me sick, then I try getting testing done Nothing wrong....Then My Cough started tried for 2 years to rid of it, nothing works, now past 3 days feels like NO sleep at all yet I try for 8-9 hours a night.....

People like Me don't get healed, only the People Jesus TRULY gives 2 shits about get help....TO think in 2009-2014 I actually went back to church and read and even sang in Chior for my Church......then October 2014 came and completley ruined my outlook on life now

YEAH GREAT REWARD GOD! THANKS FOR THE CRAP!

I Even in the first year and half still read and did Church and prayed, he never answered my plea, in face he made it worse and gave me this God awful cough as well...so Now Im more angry and Hate filled

I DO NOT Believe whatsoever that Jesus loves all, he does nt....if your stuck like I have been for years on end with no hope and no meds thatever work for you then welcome to the Jesus hates you club!

And thats Because JESUS LOVES YOU! You know wehen I ot my Insomnia over 4 years ago, I tried everything, all meds made me have brain jolts or zaps some made me sick, then I try getting testing done Nothing wrong....Then My Cough started tried for 2 years to rid of it, nothing works, now past 3 days feels like NO sleep at all yet I try for 8-9 hours a night.....

People like Me don't get healed, only the People Jesus TRULY gives 2 shits about get help....TO think in 2009-2014 I actually went back to church and read and even sang in Chior for my Church......then October 2014 came and completley ruined my outlook on life now

I Even in the first year and half still read and did Church and prayed, he never answered my plea, in face he made it worse and gave me this God awful cough as well...so Now Im more angry and Hate filled

I DO NOT Believe whatsoever that Jesus loves all, he does nt....if your stuck like I have been for years on end with no hope and no meds thatever work for you then welcome to the Jesus hates you club!

I really have to ask, why are you even here anymore? You're convinced it's not benzos so why do you spread this fear and hopelessness on every single post you can on a benzo withdrawal forum? Why do you harass members who continue to actually help people? Okay dude fine, god doesn't love you. What does that accomplish? God was never really a big thing in my life so blaming shit luck on some malevolent deity seems beyond unhelpful to me. If you don't relate to anybody else here why are you still here?

Does it feel good to scare people? Because that's what you're doing. Does it feel good to diminish the hope of others? To spit in the face of those who give their support warmly and openly?

Thanks for chiming in theway. Really happy your life and sleep are back to normal. It's good to see you back, I've read a lot of your posts and It gives me a lot of hope. I'm kind of doing the sleep okay one day, don't sleep at all the next a little the next and sleep okay again. From what I've seen that seems to be a pretty typical pattern.

Before this I was diagnosed with CFS so lack of energy to begin with on no sleep just keeps me in bed on the zero days. I'm literally stumbling around like I'm drunk on no sleep and mentally eradicated.

What can you do though? Comes with the benzo withdrawal territory. I recently cut a bit hard over a month so I'm hoping if I hold a bit it'll come back, but if it's not after two weeks holding I'll just have to make the cuts and get through the awfulness of no sleep.

I refuse to take anything for it. I was taking trazodone in the early days of withdrawal but it was messing with me pretty badly. Intensified my withdrawal symptoms and made me extremely depressed. The last straw came when I hadn't taken it for awhile, had a rough night, took it and it did absolutely nothing so I had to spend the next day dealing with traz side effects, zero sleep and benzo withdrawal. Not remotely worth it.

I really have to ask, why are you even here anymore? You're convinced it's not benzos so why do you spread this fear and hopelessness on every single post you can on a benzo withdrawal forum? Why do you harass members who continue to actually help people? Okay dude fine, god doesn't love you. What does that accomplish? God was never really a big thing in my life so blaming shit luck on some malevolent deity seems beyond unhelpful to me. If you don't relate to anybody else here why are you still here?

Does it feel good to scare people? Because that's what you're doing. Does it feel good to diminish the hope of others? To spit in the face of those who give their support warmly and openly?

Not Scaring people telling them the Truth, What about all you people proclaiming that EVERYONE here will get better, your honestly sure EVERYONE here will HEal 100% and be happy again?! Can you Guarantee them that Fact? You Cant....everyone is diffrent and some may not recover, you probably give people false hope that they will all heal, I give them resons that that is not all entirely accurate

I feel like complete crap after every so called sleep, past 3 days I supposidly slept I feel like none, feels like I been up all 3 days, Maybe I Have CFS myself.....but sadly Mr. Fighting Fox, if you have been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome...THERE IS NO OPEN CURE FOR IT! Basically unless some miracle cure comes sooner rather then later your stuck with it till you die!

So yeah, I read all about it there is no cure for CFS yet so yeah have fun not getting fully healed cause guess what it wont happen sir

Not Scaring people telling them the Truth, What about all you people proclaiming that EVERYONE here will get better, your honestly sure EVERYONE here will HEal 100% and be happy again?! Can you Guarantee them that Fact? You Cant....everyone is diffrent and some may not recover, you probably give people false hope that they will all heal, I give them resons that that is not all entirely accurate

I feel like complete crap after every so called sleep, past 3 days I supposidly slept I feel like none, feels like I been up all 3 days, Maybe I Have CFS myself.....but sadly Mr. Fighting Fox, if you have been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome...THERE IS NO OPEN CURE FOR IT! Basically unless some miracle cure comes sooner rather then later your stuck with it till you die!

So yeah, I read all about it there is no cure for CFS yet so yeah have fun not getting fully healed cause guess what it wont happen sir

Hahah, thanks! I've come to terms with my CFS years ago.  Nope, there's no cure for CFS, and it's very possible I won't see one in my lifetime. I have suffered 12 years of it, haven't given up. It doesn't scare me, it's just my life at this point. A life that is very much still worth fighting for. However, people heal from benzodiazepine withdrawal, you claim what you're going through isn't withdrawal. Don't know what to tell you bud.

I've been through a lot and you don't see me flinging shit on everybody around me.

Wish you the best of luck. You probably don't have CFS, sad you wish you did though.

Hahah, thanks! I've come to terms with my CFS years ago.  Nope, there's no cure for CFS, and it's very possible I won't see one in my lifetime. I have suffered 12 years of it, haven't given up. It doesn't scare me, it's just my life at this point. A life that is very much still worth fighting for. However, people heal from benzodiazepine withdrawal, you claim what you're going through isn't withdrawal. Don't know what to tell you bud.

I've been through a lot and you don't see me flinging shit on everybody around me.

Wish you the best of luck. You probably don't have CFS, sad you wish you did though.

No I have much worse luck then CFS, more then likley I have Sportatic Fatal Insomnia that kills people eventually, only 25 cases reported ever, i am probably 26 because of my bad luck I would not doubt it

I really hope you don't believe you have fatal insomnia, because seriously dude you don't and it's not helping your head space to believe you do.

@[Fi...]

Hang in there.  Things improve slowly and at a pace most of us don't want to accept, especially with our Benzo ravaged brains.

You'll get there....I know you will.

Research indicates that those that remain positive when stricken with cancer or some other life threatening illness have a much higher percentage of recovery than those that are negative. 

It literally is the "thought" that kills

I never tapered, so I can't offer much advice with that, but I know from others that slow and steady wins the race

You have a great attitude and are positive...I know that will go a long way towards your healing and recovery