Keto Diet Support Group

[Gr...]

Hi guys.. :)

Sorry, crazy days here getting ready for this huge 4x4 adventure -20000 odd kilometres of the hardest tracks she can find in Australia it seems.. lol

I will be absent a few months soon..

Both being carnivore, you should see our meat list for the butter..!! :)

So, I slipped on the weekend and ate -eek, dare I say it, plant food at a bbq I put on.. Just a bit of potato salad and coleslaw.. omg..!! I knew my mistake within 5min.!! More a reaction than a response..

My guess this is good, but I’m wondering if anyone knows if, or how much, this unusual substance I ate was impacted by the now lack of suitable microbiome to contend with it..?? Cos I was down n out for about 10hours..!!

It’s like this every time, even the tiniest amount of pretty well most plant foods..!!

I see lots of Keto’s eating some plant based without issue..!! Though I know Michaela Peterson is much the same as myself in so many ways..

Anyways, inwards and upwards fellow warriors, love life, play hard.. :)

Hi  can’t 😁 I can’t do potatoes I suddenly I kept having really bad reactions to the spuds they’re nightshade plant I cannot touch any nightshade at all they make me feel  dreadful. I hope you’re going to video your road trip and put it on YouTube which I think is a grand idea being as you now got your little 4x4 club on the go that would be excellent👍

Nova ❤️ 💛 ❤️

Yup, Spuds and most oils seem the worst, but I’m pretty sure there Wud b others..

Kate is the Instagram Queen, and has big plans..!! I’m sure we will put something nice together from it, but we will also be flying through it all, as we only have 9weeks for what most take 6months to do..

:)

Wow! Sounds exciting Can't! I can't imagine doing something like this so I'm really impressed that you can :)

I am actually afraid to try anything right now. I was doing great, carnivore was helping drastically reduce my WD sxs and then I had a colonoscopy and a CT scan with contrast that I had to take a bucket load of prednisone for as I had an allergic reaction to the contrast the first time I had it. Wow, that really knocked me back! It took a good month or more for my body and brain to recover and my WD sxs were really bad. I just started feeling better again last week. This does not make me want to experiment, especially after hearing how hard the potatoes and coleslaw hit you.

Did you have problems with cruciferous vegies when you were still eating plants? If so the coleslaw could be the culprit. It's so crazy what plants can do to us!!

I really hope that you post a link to whatever you post about your trip once you get back!! I hope you have a fabulous time!!!\

T

Sorry, crazy days here getting ready for this huge 4x4 adventure -20000 odd kilometres of the hardest tracks she can find in Australia it seems.. lol

So, I slipped on the weekend and ate -eek, dare I say it, plant food at a bbq I put on.. Just a bit of potato salad and coleslaw.. omg..!! I knew my mistake within 5min.!! More a reaction than a response..

My guess this is good, but I’m wondering if anyone knows if, or how much, this unusual substance I ate was impacted by the now lack of suitable microbiome to contend with it..?? Cos I was down n out for about 10hours..!!

It’s like this every time, even the tiniest amount of pretty well most plant foods..!!

I see lots of Keto’s eating some plant based without issue..!! Though I know Michaela Peterson is much the same as myself in so many ways..

Hi  can’t 😁 I can’t do potatoes I suddenly I kept having really bad reactions to the spuds they’re nightshade plant I cannot touch any nightshade at all they make me feel  dreadful. I hope you’re going to video your road trip and put it on YouTube which I think is a grand idea being as you now got your little 4x4 club on the go that would be excellent👍

Nova ❤️ 💛 ❤️

Yup, Spuds and most oils seem the worst, but I’m pretty sure there Wud b others..

Kate is the Instagram Queen, and has big plans..!! I’m sure we will put something nice together from it, but we will also be flying through it all, as we only have 9weeks for what most take 6months to do..

Wow! Sounds exciting Can't! I can't imagine doing something like this so I'm really impressed that you can :)

I am actually afraid to try anything right now. I was doing great, carnivore was helping drastically reduce my WD sxs and then I had a colonoscopy and a CT scan with contrast that I had to take a bucket load of prednisone for as I had an allergic reaction to the contrast the first time I had it. Wow, that really knocked me back! It took a good month or more for my body and brain to recover and my WD sxs were really bad. I just started feeling better again last week. This does not make me want to experiment, especially after hearing how hard the potatoes and coleslaw hit you.

Did you have problems with cruciferous vegies when you were still eating plants? If so the coleslaw could be the culprit. It's so crazy what plants can do to us!!

I really hope that you post a link to whatever you post about your trip once you get back!! I hope you have a fabulous time!!!\

T

Thanks..

Yup, the contrast reaction and meds Wud b brutal for us when so sensitive..

Actually seems like you bounced back better than it might have been..!!??

Was fine with this stuff pre accident and on high doses of meds, or the earlier years, but then it went downhill fast, but there was a year or so where I couldn’t stand meat too.. I went more fruit cos I felt veggies too bulky or heavy/fluffy for my gastro paralysis and GI spasticity issues..

Shortly after full carnivore I started to react near instantly like an allergy.. Now just a mouthful will do it even with my most delicious favourites, like roast veggies..

Yet I keep trying.. -duh..!!

Hey Rebecca,

I hope some of the old crew here pop back on and say hi, and how they are going..

-Should be a wealth of info between them..

I'm just stopping by and had to say hi Cantlfly!  :smitten:

Well hello you..!! :)

How are you GreenC..!!

Thanks for starting this group..!! 

Lol, I’m trying to remember if I ever argued “But you can’t just eat that..!!”..!!?? :)

Try as I might, Carnivore as opposed to Keto, I still eat a few plant foods, onion and mushroom, some olives and Pawpaw.. (oh and let’s not forget the dried seaweed)..

Of those, it’s just the pawpaw that seems critical for my GI, the rest I can take or leave..

It’s been a life changing journey..!!

Be Well and Fantastic GreenC..

Funny you mention carnivore, as I am now doing something similar, when I am feeling disciplined enough.  Going keto did not really work for me.  I didn't lose weight on it and I felt *okay* but it didn't really do that much for me.  I since discovered the AIP diet, which allows fruit, and that is nice, and it is very similar to keto, but eliminates all kinds of funny things like seeds!  But allows in other funny things, like sweet potatoes and honey.  I went on it, because during withdrawal, I ended up with psoriasis, and the aip diet is supposed to help with autoimmune issues like psoriasis.  I do wonder if I had gone on it during withdrawal, and my taper, if it would have helped then. 

Nova ❤️ 💛 ❤️

T

Thanks..

Was fine with this stuff pre accident and on high doses of meds, or the earlier years, but then it went downhill fast, but there was a year or so where I couldn’t stand meat too.. I went more fruit cos I felt veggies too bulky or heavy/fluffy for my gastro paralysis and GI spasticity issues..

Shortly after full carnivore I started to react near instantly like an allergy.. Now just a mouthful will do it even with my most delicious favourites, like roast veggies..

I might have bounced back faster than I would have if I wasn't eating carnivore. Of course my snail paced taper probably helps too. I'm still having abdominal pain though so now I get to see a GI doc. I'm thinking it's just taper related so I don't think there's much they can do for me.

It makes sense to me that your body needed different things at different times. Interestingly I have found that a low carb, the lower the better, really helps with my anxiety and panic issues. My family has noticed I'm doing a lot better with my cog fog and I actually have a tad bit more energy. Bowel issues, well that's a whole different story, lol. Are you bowels doing a lot better when you stay carnivore?

It is hard to not eat the things we love, even if we know it's going to hurt, lol. It's interesting that you became reactive to everything after you went carnivore. I actually went carnivore because I am reacting to so many fruits and veggies. We are all so individual in what we need and how our bodies react to everything! It's amazing and frustrating at the same time  :laugh:

Hey Rebecca,

I hope some of the old crew here pop back on and say hi, and how they are going..

How are you GreenC..!!

Lol, I’m trying to remember if I ever argued “But you can’t just eat that..!!”..!!?? :)

Try as I might, Carnivore as opposed to Keto, I still eat a few plant foods, onion and mushroom, some olives and Pawpaw.. (oh and let’s not forget the dried seaweed)..

Of those, it’s just the pawpaw that seems critical for my GI, the rest I can take or leave..

Funny you mention carnivore, as I am now doing something similar, when I am feeling disciplined enough.  Going keto did not really work for me.  I didn't lose weight on it and I felt *okay* but it didn't really do that much for me.  I since discovered the AIP diet, which allows fruit, and that is nice, and it is very similar to keto, but eliminates all kinds of funny things like seeds!  But allows in other funny things, like sweet potatoes and honey.  I went on it, because during withdrawal, I ended up with psoriasis, and the aip diet is supposed to help with autoimmune issues like psoriasis.  I do wonder if I had gone on it during withdrawal, and my taper, if it would have helped then.

Well I went off the fruit for a while.. Things slowly went downhill.. -I seem to need it to help keep my GI moving..!! mainly paw paw, but a little other stuff with it..

-Just listening to my body, but It sounds a bit like AIP perhaps..

Nova ❤️ 💛 ❤️

T

Thanks..

I might have bounced back faster than I would have if I wasn't eating carnivore. Of course my snail paced taper probably helps too. I'm still having abdominal pain though so now I get to see a GI doc. I'm thinking it's just taper related so I don't think there's much they can do for me.

It makes sense to me that your body needed different things at different times. Interestingly I have found that a low carb, the lower the better, really helps with my anxiety and panic issues. My family has noticed I'm doing a lot better with my cog fog and I actually have a tad bit more energy. Bowel issues, well that's a whole different story, lol. Are you bowels doing a lot better when you stay carnivore?

It is hard to not eat the things we love, even if we know it's going to hurt, lol. It's interesting that you became reactive to everything after you went carnivore. I actually went carnivore because I am reacting to so many fruits and veggies. We are all so individual in what we need and how our bodies react to everything! It's amazing and frustrating at the same time  :laugh:

Sorry the quick reply.. Crazy days here..!!

Generally my GI is pretty good, but it doesn’t take much to go bad.. -Like today was dismal and it was so cramped and tense.. Seems I need that trickle of fruit in the mix still or transit time stalls back to like 5-7 days.. And that’s with being far more active than I historically have been..

The last cut is starting to hit these things pretty hard about now too.. Could kinda set a clock by this pattern of mine now..

Hey Rebecca,

How are you GreenC..!!

Well I went off the fruit for a while.. Things slowly went downhill.. -I seem to need it to help keep my GI moving..!! mainly paw paw, but a little other stuff with it..

I've never had Pawpaw. It sounds interesting though. I have more of an issue with keeping my bowels from moving too much. I will go for weeks and be fine and then as I get deeper into my six week taper cycle my bowels get crazy. I feel like I need to buy stock in Imodium AD, lol.

When do you leave on your trip?

Hey Rebecca,

How are you GreenC..!!

I've never had Pawpaw. It sounds interesting though. I have more of an issue with keeping my bowels from moving too much. I will go for weeks and be fine and then as I get deeper into my six week taper cycle my bowels get crazy. I feel like I need to buy stock in Imodium AD, lol.

If only we could meet halfway..!! :)

We leave on the 10 June..!! OMG..!!

I saw this on my youtube channel lastnight and decided to watch something different so I opened it up and began listening.  I was fascinated, and for me, the info makes a lot of sense.  I couldn't wait to share it here with others coming around to a ketogenic way of life.  The first and best thing that's happened to me on Keto is no more high blood glucose (HbA1c's nor high spikes from daily meals) so basically I say I am in remission from T2 Diabetes.  I also lost 30 lbs bringing me back to the weight I was when I was in my 20s (140-down to 110). Now I'm at 113, which I feel is much better  :thumbsup:

This video is on something I've never faced but am glad to soak up the info should I ever have to face cancer.  Just food for thought, I am not saying I believe everything that's said, but hope I get some feedback on this one.  I can't say enough about how much better I feel since my main energy source was changed (by my nutrition) from carbs to fats ::)  The info is around if we want to consider it ;) My favorite line so far is, "I find, that the guy on the street can understand this better, than the guy running the National Cancer Institute"  ::);)

If you don't have time, just listen between 23:00 and 26:00:

Gads, I'm finding out Green Tea makes me hungry, and ruins my morning fast!  I can usually go all the way to 10 even 11 o'clock without eating anything.  I quit my decaf with turmeric, collagen, half and half with a little stevia because I finally noticed it was spiking my blood glucose  :'(  So I decide I'll drink tea, decaf, with no stevia but this is not working out.

Anyone find Green Tea makes you hungry when you normally aren't?  Maybe it's for some other reason but I eat a good meaty dinner by 6 pm, nothing at all but water after that in the evenings.  Feedback welcome, Denise

Hey Rebecca,

How are you GreenC..!!

Wouldn't that be nice, lol!! I have noticed that it seems to be one or the other for people in WD.

I just went to a GI specialist because I've been having abdominal pain on my right side. She said it could very well be from my taper but she was also looking for other things just to be sure. So far she hasn't found anything. She does think I have celiac disease though. She suggested I start eating gluten again so we could test it and I said no way!! I get soooo sick when I eat gluten, even before meds. I really don't need to add that issue to my taper!!

June 10th is going to get here before you know it!! I can imagine you're super excited about it.

Gads, I'm finding out Green Tea makes me hungry, and ruins my morning fast!  I can usually go all the way to 10 even 11 o'clock without eating anything.  I quit my decaf with turmeric, collagen, half and half with a little stevia because I finally noticed it was spiking my blood glucose  :'(  So I decide I'll drink tea, decaf, with no stevia but this is not working out.

Anyone find Green Tea makes you hungry when you normally aren't?  Maybe it's for some other reason but I eat a good meaty dinner by 6 pm, nothing at all but water after that in the evenings.  Feedback welcome, Denise

I find that sometimes when I'm tapering it changes my appetite. I have no idea if the two are actually related or if it's just coincidence though.

I'm glad you've been able to control your T2D and have even lost weight. Do you have a continuous glucose monitor? I wonder if that could help you figure out why you're hungry in the morning.

I saw this on my youtube channel lastnight and decided to watch something different so I opened it up and began listening.  I was fascinated, and for me, the info makes a lot of sense.  I couldn't wait to share it here with others coming around to a ketogenic way of life.  The first and best thing that's happened to me on Keto is no more high blood glucose (HbA1c's nor high spikes from daily meals) so basically I say I am in remission from T2 Diabetes.  I also lost 30 lbs bringing me back to the weight I was when I was in my 20s (140-down to 110). Now I'm at 113, which I feel is much better  :thumbsup:

This video is on something I've never faced but am glad to soak up the info should I ever have to face cancer.  Just food for thought, I am not saying I believe everything that's said, but hope I get some feedback on this one.  I can't say enough about how much better I feel since my main energy source was changed (by my nutrition) from carbs to fats ::)  The info is around if we want to consider it ;) My favorite line so far is, "I find, that the guy on the street can understand this better, than the guy running the National Cancer Institute"  ::);)

I love Dr Berry's information. I've been watching his videos for years. He has a book called "Lies My Doctor Told Me". My husband and I bought it recently. It's really good.

I find that sometimes when I'm tapering it changes my appetite. I have no idea if the two are actually related or if it's just coincidence though.

I'm glad you've been able to control your T2D and have even lost weight. Do you have a continuous glucose monitor? I wonder if that could help you figure out why you're hungry in the morning.

No, I just use my little at-home test kit.  I think I've narrowed it down to 2 things, too much stevia, about 1/16 of a tsp twice a day, or, wd sxs  I updosed as I felt so bad, but within minutes I felt normal again so I suspect the hunger feeling is wd related ;)  I'll go back to my amount I would have taken today in my taper unless I feel bad after a day goes buy.  Then I'll hold at a bit more, go up to 0.150 and hold for a week, see how I feel on that ;)  Thanks for reply T, so appreciate that ;) Denise  :hug:

I love Dr Berry's information. I've been watching his videos for years. He has a book called "Lies My Doctor Told Me". My husband and I bought it recently. It's really good.

He has the best podcasts with amazing doctors/professors/scientists too!!  He's really my fave and I know about his book, and should get it, kindle version is always cheaper too if he has it ;)

Hey Rebecca,

How are you GreenC..!!

Wouldn't that be nice, lol!! I have noticed that it seems to be one or the other for people in WD.

I just went to a GI specialist because I've been having abdominal pain on my right side. She said it could very well be from my taper but she was also looking for other things just to be sure. So far she hasn't found anything. She does think I have celiac disease though. She suggested I start eating gluten again so we could test it and I said no way!! I get soooo sick when I eat gluten, even before meds. I really don't need to add that issue to my taper!!

June 10th is going to get here before you know it!! I can imagine you're super excited about it.

Omg, give a guy a heart attack..!! My heart stopped when you wrote “try Gluten again” -till the next ”Faaarrk that..!!”.. :)

My reaction to gluten is now deathly brutal to just the slightest hint..

I did trace back my inflammation to  leaky gut of some description, an immune response, and the continuing peripheral nerve damage, and perhaps peristalsis spasticity.. The final straw was lymphatic cysts and repeated “Bell’s palsy type” events.. I don’t think the “pre diabetic” DX even came close to how bad things were, which kinda fits historically with pathology never representing actuality very well..

Yes the trip is getting so close, and I just go some bad news.. My gearbox got a service and there is a decent amount of ground up metal in there.. Too late to remedy now, so it’s fingers crossed and contingency planning, incase it goes bang in the remotest point of Australia..!!

Kate said it all adds to the adventure and “feeling alive”..!! Lol

-Took me a minute to see it that way..!! :)

Not sure she will see it that way if it goes in the middle of the desert..!! We might skip the real remote desert tracks to be safe, and they are all flooded atm and for some time yet anyway..

No, I just use my little at-home test kit.  I think I've narrowed it down to 2 things, too much stevia, about 1/16 of a tsp twice a day, or, wd sxs  I updosed as I felt so bad, but within minutes I felt normal again so I suspect the hunger feeling is wd related ;)  I'll go back to my amount I would have taken today in my taper unless I feel bad after a day goes buy.  Then I'll hold at a bit more, go up to 0.150 and hold for a week, see how I feel on that ;)  Thanks for reply T, so appreciate that ;) Denise  :hug:

All I can say is that WD constantly messes with both my thirst and hunger sensations.. Typically constant hunger, and no thirst.. Atm I’m forcing water down, setting mouthful goals, and attempting daily hydration goals..  Then after a few months, I’ll suddenly notice it’s gone again, and I’m drinking fine.. -rinse repeat with next decent cut..!!

Warm tea May relax the gut this produsing hunger type sensations..? -not sure, but I kinda notice that with coffee, but use it more to relax cramping tension there..

Hey Rebecca,

How are you GreenC..!!

Omg, give a guy a heart attack..!! My heart stopped when you wrote “try Gluten again” -till the next ”Faaarrk that..!!”.. :)

I did trace back my inflammation to  leaky gut of some description, an immune response, and the continuing peripheral nerve damage, and perhaps peristalsis spasticity.. The final straw was lymphatic cysts and repeated “Bell’s palsy type” events.. I don’t think the “pre diabetic” DX even came close to how bad things were, which kinda fits historically with pathology never representing actuality very well..

Yes the trip is getting so close, and I just go some bad news.. My gearbox got a service and there is a decent amount of ground up metal in there.. Too late to remedy now, so it’s fingers crossed and contingency planning, incase it goes bang in the remotest point of Australia..!!

Not sure she will see it that way if it goes in the middle of the desert..!! We might skip the real remote desert tracks to be safe, and they are all flooded atm and for some time yet anyway..

Yeah, I was really surprised when she suggested eating gluten to test it even though it has been years since I've had any. She was thinking maybe I was having some cross contamination and that's what is causing my abdominal pain. No chance there. We pretty much don't eat out, rare occasions, and everyone in our house is gluten free and mostly carnivore so there's no chance of cross contamination at all.

I do wonder about pathology fitting with actuality...maybe it's due to the meds but I seem to always be the rare or weird case with illnesses. I also get lots of weird things that aren't diseases, like laryngeal spasms. Fun stuff. You sound like you have had some crazy stuff happen with your body too. Aren't bodies fun  :laugh:

I thought your comment about warm tea relaxing the gut interesting. I find that when I massage the area that hurts it often helps. I'm pretty sure it's just cramps from the tapering. I hadn't thought of coffee or tea as a way to help. I'm assuming you mean decafe...?

I've never heard anyone else talk about feeling hungry due to their tapers. I've really struggled with that but wasn't sure if it was a thing. I also have anxiety attacks if I wait too long to eat. That thirst aspect of things must be really hard. That's really smart to set goals for your water consumption. So, we need to meet half way again. I struggle with being super thirsty all the time.

Wow! I'm with you, I would be worried about something happening out in the middle of nowhere, especially the desert! Kate's a brave woman, lol!!

Hi Can't  :hug: this guy  used to be pure carnivore but also had to go back to eating fruit as well as meat    https://www.paulsaladinomd.co/ab-guide  but now he also eats raw dairy and honey to and he's been around for year's now, lots of wel known carnivore influencers have also added certain veg or fruit back too  as they got health problems after being pure meat eaters for some time. I also don't believe its healthy to be in ketosis for along time at all especially being fkd up by withdrawal I went pure carnivore after jumping straight in with booth feet for 5 months but all it did was give me constipation top of my already serve constipation which still hasn't abated, I dread going to the loo talk about bathroom hell  :D

Nova  :smitten:

I keep having flared-up symptoms and when I check I am in ketosis. I am so frustrated. Then it is hard to get out!! I have been semi-carnivore also but that doesn't work for me either. I had such high hopes for keto. I just don't think that my body can handle it while in withdrawal. I get keto flu. I used to do cleanses, etc, and never had issues. Now even diet seems to go South.

Hey Rebecca,

How are you GreenC..!!

Yeah, I was really surprised when she suggested eating gluten to test it even though it has been years since I've had any. She was thinking maybe I was having some cross contamination and that's what is causing my abdominal pain. No chance there. We pretty much don't eat out, rare occasions, and everyone in our house is gluten free and mostly carnivore so there's no chance of cross contamination at all.

I do wonder about pathology fitting with actuality...maybe it's due to the meds but I seem to always be the rare or weird case with illnesses. I also get lots of weird things that aren't diseases, like laryngeal spasms. Fun stuff. You sound like you have had some crazy stuff happen with your body too. Aren't bodies fun  :laugh:

I thought your comment about warm tea relaxing the gut interesting. I find that when I massage the area that hurts it often helps. I'm pretty sure it's just cramps from the tapering. I hadn't thought of coffee or tea as a way to help. I'm assuming you mean decafe...?

I've never heard anyone else talk about feeling hungry due to their tapers. I've really struggled with that but wasn't sure if it was a thing. I also have anxiety attacks if I wait too long to eat. That thirst aspect of things must be really hard. That's really smart to set goals for your water consumption. So, we need to meet half way again. I struggle with being super thirsty all the time.

Wow! I'm with you, I would be worried about something happening out in the middle of nowhere, especially the desert! Kate's a brave woman, lol!!

No, I don’t mean decaf..!! (For me).. It takes a lot to rev me up any, doesn’t do much for the fatigue either.. :(

I guess it all comes down to listen to one’s body, though that can involve some experimenting at times..

I find a little pressure helps, but I often need to lay down to the point of drifting off, and it kinda resets for a bit.. like a mild tense cramping..

Lol, there was a point I couldn’t drink without drowning unless I really dipped or used a straw..

The odd pathology was one of the things that got my (good) Dr really questioning things and researching.. Now she often thinks even I am tapering pretty fast.!! Lol

She did monitor my improvements over this 2yr hold with interest and was so supportive..

She is very Low Carb supportive and promotes it strongly.. Esp after she met Ken Berry over in the US..

Hi Can't  :hug: this guy  used to be pure carnivore but also had to go back to eating fruit as well as meat    https://www.paulsaladinomd.co/ab-guide  but now he also eats raw dairy and honey to and he's been around for year's now, lots of wel known carnivore influencers have also added certain veg or fruit back too  as they got health problems after being pure meat eaters for some time. I also don't believe its healthy to be in ketosis for along time at all especially being fkd up by withdrawal I went pure carnivore after jumping straight in with booth feet for 5 months but all it did was give me constipation top of my already serve constipation which still hasn't abated, I dread going to the loo talk about bathroom hell  :D

Nova  :smitten:

Yeah, I see his stuff and the debates..

I don’t aim for Ketosis, and doubt iv reached it, due to bits n pieces here n there, mainly fruit and honey..

It’s a battle..

This is really great info.  I jog/ run 2 - 3 miles a day, plus weights 3 times a week, so maybe I can try to play with macros.  I've only recently been able to exercise like this again, so this is very helpful.  Thank you.

Hi LTS, I do my weights 3 times a week as well, although I don't stay on a regular schedule, but I get it done ;)  Macros for me are important as I tend to lack enough of the fats, but I can add in things like nuts, avocado, etc., to make up.  I'm almost totally off vegies, only because I get lazy about cooking them up for dinner.  Now it's just meats, fish, chicken thighs (try to get enough collagen w/o supplementing it too). 

I admit I was surprised to see myself gain muscle at 70, I don't know why, I guess I just had some old-fashioned wives tale thinking I couldn't.  I have more muscle now than when I was young.  I'm 5'2" and right at 110 until I started lifting (mainly love the pulley type weights, but also use the Smith Machine for squats)

Woops, back to the Keto hey ;)  The first thing I did, and it was easy because I live alone, I emptied my fridge and cupboards of all processed foods, sugars, heavy carbs like fruits except my blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries.  Since then I only shop the out perimeter of the aisles basically.  Produce, some dairy like cheese and yogurt (Two Good brand is ok with my blood sugar, I'm T2 Diabetic) and it's so true that at least in our stores, all the main aisles are heavy in sugars.

Sorry bout the ramble, I just love the changes since I changes my main fuel from sugars to fats.

Anyone wanting to watch some supportive science on the Ketogenic diet I have some fave docs, professors, sports med specialists.  I'll list their names so you can google them,pretty amazing:

Dr. Benjamin Bikman

Any of the Low Carb Down Under

Dr. Ken Berry Md

Lustig

Seyfried

Tons more so you can pick and choose, weed out what you don't want, etc.

I keep having flared-up symptoms and when I check I am in ketosis. I am so frustrated. Then it is hard to get out!! I have been semi-carnivore also but that doesn't work for me either. I had such high hopes for keto. I just don't think that my body can handle it while in withdrawal. I get keto flu. I used to do cleanses, etc, and never had issues. Now even diet seems to go South.

I think that's a lot to take on at the same time, but I don't know what I would have done as I was diagnosed with T2 and my best choice (hindsight) was Ketogenic/low carb.  Maybe you could just lower your carb intake instead of going full steam ahead with keto, maybe minimize the sort of CT approach to discard sugars/simple carbs/starches all at once.  I don't know, just thinking outload.  I know how dangerous Insulin Resistance/Metabolic syndrome is for me.  T2 is one reason I would have been "forced" to do Ketogenics, wd from benzo at same time again, I don't know.  It takes only about a month, but longer for some, to wd from sugars and carbs if they stick to it, pretty strict.

I can't find anything, or anyone to talk to (doctor-wise, mostly online is what I listen too) that knows about the drug wd "and" doing keto at same time, wish I could help more but just don't know enough.

Hey Rebecca,

How are you GreenC..!!

No, I don’t mean decaf..!! (For me).. It takes a lot to rev me up any, doesn’t do much for the fatigue either.. :(

I guess it all comes down to listen to one’s body, though that can involve some experimenting at times..

I find a little pressure helps, but I often need to lay down to the point of drifting off, and it kinda resets for a bit.. like a mild tense cramping..

Lol, there was a point I couldn’t drink without drowning unless I really dipped or used a straw..

The odd pathology was one of the things that got my (good) Dr really questioning things and researching.. Now she often thinks even I am tapering pretty fast.!! Lol

She did monitor my improvements over this 2yr hold with interest and was so supportive..

She is very Low Carb supportive and promotes it strongly.. Esp after she met Ken Berry over in the US..

Oh wow! Caffeine puts me on the ceiling, unless I'm having a migraine. That's really interesting that it doesn't even help your fatigue.

I'm so glad your doctor is on board with your hold and is watching with interest. So many doctors just want you to keep going despite everything. It's so great that she started reading and researching for herself. I wish more doctors would do that! Also, wow!! She met Dr Berry? He's one of my favorite YouTubers! I think he was the first one I found talking about diet too. How cool!

That's interesting about the cramping, thank you.