Stomach Healing Support

[So...]

I realize that people don't post here very often, but I thought I'd ask anyway and see what happens. Anyway, I've learned how so many people suffer from GI issues while tapering, etc. My question is, has anybody ever experienced fever when dealing with the various GI/stomach issues? I had all kinds of GI issues and we all thought it was gallbladder-related, so we did a full abdominal ultrasound. Everything came back just fine. I know that benzos cause so many problems on different levels and it can be really hard to differentiate between what's a medical issue and what's benzo related.

Thanks to all!

Jeff

Hey Jeff..

When things were bad, Particularly after a meal, I would break out in a fever, but I cant recall ever checking my temp.. I would imagine it would have been up... The same as when my GI basically stopped, -way back when...

I was just sick and toxic... -But remember this was more than just benzo WD for me... -Though not so different...

Whats been going on..??

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ul...]

• [NJ...]

• [So...]

• [Ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that people don't post here very often, but I thought I'd ask anyway and see what happens. Anyway, I've learned how so many people suffer from GI issues while tapering, etc. My question is, has anybody ever experienced fever when dealing with the various GI/stomach issues? I had all kinds of GI issues and we all thought it was gallbladder-related, so we did a full abdominal ultrasound. Everything came back just fine. I know that benzos cause so many problems on different levels and it can be really hard to differentiate between what's a medical issue and what's benzo related.

Thanks to all!

Jeff

Hey Jeff..

When things were bad, Particularly after a meal, I would break out in a fever, but I cant recall ever checking my temp.. I would imagine it would have been up... The same as when my GI basically stopped, -way back when...

I was just sick and toxic... -But remember this was more than just benzo WD for me... -Though not so different...

Whats been going on..??

Hey Cant, just weird GI stuff that, oddly enough, really comes and goes. As you know, I first had that "sensation" feeling thing going on in my upper-right abdomen area just beneath my ribs. At times it almost felt like a gas bubble or a tiny something that I just wanted to reach in and pull out. No pain and no ache, just a sensation. It was there for so many months (probably close to a year) that my wife scared me into going to get it checked. I also had stomach clenching, a little nausea, and gurgling sounds quite a bit at times. So, I saw her gastroenterologist and he recommended an ultrasound to look at my entire abdomen. My wife thought I had gallbladder issues going on because that sensation thing started fluttering a bit after I ate. I had some diarrhea too. The doc called me with ultrasound results and said it all looked good...bile ducts, gallbladder, kidneys, etc. So on I went. The nausea then began to increase which was weird because my appetite was usually still there and pretty strong. I thought it was strange that my stomach was gurgling along with the diarrhea and nausea, but I still wanted to eat! Then, some periods entered in where my appetite wasn't as strong but the nausea still did it's thing along with the diarrhea. It was funny because I'd have diarrhea Monday through Thursday, then a more firm poop on Friday, then constipation on Saturday! Just crazy. Monday it would start all over. Then a fever kicked in recently a little but not much. Now my wife got truly insistent that I have gallbladder issues...fever, nausea, didn't eat as much, right side of stomach had the sensation kicking it up a notch after eating, etc. Also, my poop is a lighter-brown color, but it's been that way for many months, probably over a year. I was told that light or dark brown is fine, but just watch out for anything else (grey, black, etc.). The other weird thing is that all of this seems to come and go. Thanksgiving day I was feeling horribly sick and couldn't eat a thing (but pooped great). Late the next day I started feeling better and by that evening I was chomping on some great food after spending time at the gym! Makes no sense. Two days ago I was feeling pretty bad again with a fever for a few hours, but yesterday I felt really good with just a touch of nausea, and today I feel fine with just a slight bit of nausea but no fever or anything.

A lot of weird stuff, huh? I think my hormones are going a little nuts too, and I'm a guy! I say that because I just want to have sex until I'm cross-eyed! :) I can only imagine what females go through during their lifetimes. I've been a mega-slow taperer due to my extreme high sensitivity to EVERYTHING, but all seemed to go downhill really fast when I started this mega-stressful job five months ago. Also, I tapered too much too quickly over a two month period. I finally realized it about three weeks ago and started to cut back, but what a ride!

Sorry for the novel, but fill me in sometime with how you're doing.

Bless ya!

Jeff

That upper right pain behind rib cage is your liver. I am sure all of ours are over toxic from these meds. I am reading a book right now called liver rescue.

Has anyone tried celery juice first thing in the morning? The mineral salts are supposed to be great for stomach issues and liver cleansing.

Thanks to all!

Jeff

Hey Jeff..

Whats been going on..??

Hey Cant, just weird GI stuff that, oddly enough, really comes and goes. As you know, I first had that "sensation" feeling thing going on in my upper-right abdomen area just beneath my ribs. At times it almost felt like a gas bubble or a tiny something that I just wanted to reach in and pull out. No pain and no ache, just a sensation. It was there for so many months (probably close to a year) that my wife scared me into going to get it checked. I also had stomach clenching, a little nausea, and gurgling sounds quite a bit at times. So, I saw her gastroenterologist and he recommended an ultrasound to look at my entire abdomen. My wife thought I had gallbladder issues going on because that sensation thing started fluttering a bit after I ate. I had some diarrhea too. The doc called me with ultrasound results and said it all looked good...bile ducts, gallbladder, kidneys, etc. So on I went. The nausea then began to increase which was weird because my appetite was usually still there and pretty strong. I thought it was strange that my stomach was gurgling along with the diarrhea and nausea, but I still wanted to eat! Then, some periods entered in where my appetite wasn't as strong but the nausea still did it's thing along with the diarrhea. It was funny because I'd have diarrhea Monday through Thursday, then a more firm poop on Friday, then constipation on Saturday! Just crazy. Monday it would start all over. Then a fever kicked in recently a little but not much. Now my wife got truly insistent that I have gallbladder issues...fever, nausea, didn't eat as much, right side of stomach had the sensation kicking it up a notch after eating, etc. Also, my poop is a lighter-brown color, but it's been that way for many months, probably over a year. I was told that light or dark brown is fine, but just watch out for anything else (grey, black, etc.). The other weird thing is that all of this seems to come and go. Thanksgiving day I was feeling horribly sick and couldn't eat a thing (but pooped great). Late the next day I started feeling better and by that evening I was chomping on some great food after spending time at the gym! Makes no sense. Two days ago I was feeling pretty bad again with a fever for a few hours, but yesterday I felt really good with just a touch of nausea, and today I feel fine with just a slight bit of nausea but no fever or anything.

A lot of weird stuff, huh? I think my hormones are going a little nuts too, and I'm a guy! I say that because I just want to have sex until I'm cross-eyed! :) I can only imagine what females go through during their lifetimes. I've been a mega-slow taperer due to my extreme high sensitivity to EVERYTHING, but all seemed to go downhill really fast when I started this mega-stressful job five months ago. Also, I tapered too much too quickly over a two month period. I finally realized it about three weeks ago and started to cut back, but what a ride!

Bless ya!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Without sounding prescriptive, Everything fits into "WD", life/work, and tapering, to me..

I could have written so much of that...

I know I craved food, when I realy shouldnt have been eating.. And when I was in a good place, Food was of no interest for a few months.. -lost 25lb..

It was/is my GI and abdo stuff that dictates my taper speed, out of necessity, not choice... It all goes spastic and cramped... Peristalsis can get messed up...

Hope it pickes up soon for you, but pls continue to be aware of things that might need medical attention..

:)

That upper right pain behind rib cage is your liver. I am sure all of ours are over toxic from these meds. I am reading a book right now called liver rescue.

Has anyone tried celery juice first thing in the morning? The mineral salts are supposed to be great for stomach issues and liver cleansing.

Well, I  haven't done the celery juice thing, but I did read recently that a tall glass or two with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar is a good idea first thing in the morning. I've been taking ACV each morning in water for a year or more, but I just started using warm water yesterday. I feel fine again today, but I don't know if there's any correlation.

Onwards we all go. Thank you!

Jeff

Thanks to all!

Jeff

Hey Jeff..

Whats been going on..??

Bless ya!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Without sounding prescriptive, Everything fits into "WD", life/work, and tapering, to me..

I know I craved food, when I realy shouldnt have been eating.. And when I was in a good place, Food was of no interest for a few months.. -lost 25lb..

It was/is my GI and abdo stuff that dictates my taper speed, out of necessity, not choice... It all goes spastic and cramped... Peristalsis can get messed up...

Hope it pickes up soon for you, but pls continue to be aware of things that might need medical attention..

Thanks, Cant. Sometimes I feel like my whole life needs medical attention, but then again, that's who messed up my life to begin with!! Benzos for 21 yrs wasn't the answer.

Keep healing at your end too!

Jeff

• 1 month later...

Hey Cant,

It's been a while. I didn't want to report back until I got more testing done that you and I "talked" about. All this GI stuff has been a nightmare. I'm not sure what I told you last, but I did have the full abdominal ultrasound. Everything was fine. Still curious as to what this "sensation" is. My physical therapist said he felt a muscle trigger point in my diaphragm, so who knows. This sensation thing has been in my upper abdomen on the right side just below my ribs. All the nausea and clenching got out of control too. I was so sick on Thanksgiving day and then had bouts again off and on for a while, but things were never right. Diarrhea for a few days, then constipation, then diarrhea, etc. Didn't make any sense. Especially the part about feeling hungry yet being so sick at my stomach at the same time. Just flat out weird. The intense stress at this sickening job of mine has just gotten worse. I'm trying really hard to find something else, but it's hard when you're in a small town and 58 yrs old. Finances are miserable, at best, right now. Long story, but I went back to the gastroenterologist for another visit. He doesn't understand the klonopin taper, but he respects it and knows that withdrawal of any kind can be hazardous to our GI systems. With all of the nausea and weird "feelings" in my abdomen, he recommended a colonoscopy since it's been 9 years since my last one (I had a polyp at that time...not cancerous). He also recommended an upper endoscopy if I could swing it financially. I couldn't swing it, but I decided to go farther in debt for it so I could get some answers or at least learn that it's all just something else to chalk up to the taper. I had everything done in the outpatient surgical center on Friday. Everything looked hunky dory and clear...both the colonoscopy and upper endo. Throw in a clear abdominal ultrasound and it makes me think it's yet just more taper craziness causing all of this. The doc showed me tons of really clear pictures from the colonoscopy and upper. Pretty amazing images, but I'm just glad all was clear. I was a basket case leading up to the procedure and immediately afterwards until I got the good news. Next!!

I hope you had a super Christmas and I hope your 2019 is ridiculously awesome. Take care!

Jeff

My Stomach is okay.  I take probiotics...the kind that can survive stomach acid.  I drink water with lemon and Braggs vinegar and Himalayan salt when I eat.  It helps break down foods.  I went on the Ketogenic Diet which means no flours, breads, sugars, processed foods of any kind.  Just eat WHOLE foods.  Organic grass fed beef, Free Range Chicken, and eggs and Complex carbs like Spinach, broccoli, cabbage.  I drink a lot of good water and herbal teas.  And if my tummy bothers me I drink ALOE VERA GEL.  Not the JUICE, the GEL.  It does help.  I also do Intermittent fasting.  It's easy if you stop eating at 4 or 5 pm. and don't eat the next day till 9 or 10.  You can put MCT Oil in your herbal tea with some grass-fed butter (KeriGold unsalted).  And I use Sweetleaf Stevia to sweeten.  That's about it.  No tummy problems.

My Stomach is okay.  I take probiotics...the kind that can survive stomach acid.  I drink water with lemon and Braggs vinegar and Himalayan salt when I eat.  It helps break down foods.  I went on the Ketogenic Diet which means no flours, breads, sugars, processed foods of any kind.  Just eat WHOLE foods.  Organic grass fed beef, Free Range Chicken, and eggs and Complex carbs like Spinach, broccoli, cabbage.  I drink a lot of good water and herbal teas.  And if my tummy bothers me I drink ALOE VERA GEL.  Not the JUICE, the GEL.  It does help.  I also do Intermittent fasting.  It's easy if you stop eating at 4 or 5 pm. and don't eat the next day till 9 or 10.  You can put MCT Oil in your herbal tea with some grass-fed butter (KeriGold unsalted).  And I use Sweetleaf Stevia to sweeten.  That's about it.  No tummy problems.

Yep, great info. I've tried just about all you mentioned and I continue some of it. Intermittent fasting isn't something I can tolerate very long. I tried it and then noticed so many problems and did a little research. A functional med doc told me to stay away from it since my adrenal glands got blasted for so long. I know that Mercola says the same, but I still tried it for a while. It'll probably take years for my adrenals to heal since all of the stress from the taper is pretty severe. A day at a time and sometimes a minute at a time :)

We'll all keep plugging away! Keep on rockin'.

Jeff

Hey Cant,

It's been a while. I didn't want to report back until I got more testing done that you and I "talked" about. All this GI stuff has been a nightmare. I'm not sure what I told you last, but I did have the full abdominal ultrasound. Everything was fine. Still curious as to what this "sensation" is. My physical therapist said he felt a muscle trigger point in my diaphragm, so who knows. This sensation thing has been in my upper abdomen on the right side just below my ribs. All the nausea and clenching got out of control too. I was so sick on Thanksgiving day and then had bouts again off and on for a while, but things were never right. Diarrhea for a few days, then constipation, then diarrhea, etc. Didn't make any sense. Especially the part about feeling hungry yet being so sick at my stomach at the same time. Just flat out weird. The intense stress at this sickening job of mine has just gotten worse. I'm trying really hard to find something else, but it's hard when you're in a small town and 58 yrs old. Finances are miserable, at best, right now. Long story, but I went back to the gastroenterologist for another visit. He doesn't understand the klonopin taper, but he respects it and knows that withdrawal of any kind can be hazardous to our GI systems. With all of the nausea and weird "feelings" in my abdomen, he recommended a colonoscopy since it's been 9 years since my last one (I had a polyp at that time...not cancerous). He also recommended an upper endoscopy if I could swing it financially. I couldn't swing it, but I decided to go farther in debt for it so I could get some answers or at least learn that it's all just something else to chalk up to the taper. I had everything done in the outpatient surgical center on Friday. Everything looked hunky dory and clear...both the colonoscopy and upper endo. Throw in a clear abdominal ultrasound and it makes me think it's yet just more taper craziness causing all of this. The doc showed me tons of really clear pictures from the colonoscopy and upper. Pretty amazing images, but I'm just glad all was clear. I was a basket case leading up to the procedure and immediately afterwards until I got the good news. Next!!

I hope you had a super Christmas and I hope your 2019 is ridiculously awesome. Take care!

Jeff

Hi Jeff..

I have to say, It does seem a pretty fine diet hope has..!! :)

Well you have been busy..!! Im glad it gives some POM..

Maybe it gives you hope when I share that my GI has improved significantly of late... It goes backwards with each lyrica wave, but bounces back in no time.. Far from perfect, but this was my dominating problem from way back, as you know...

I hope you see your own continued improvment over time...

For my own interest, on a larger topic, can I ask if you have a significant antibiotic history..?? Sorry, I cant see your sig from here...

Hope your Xmas n new yr went well..??

Thanks to all!

Jeff

Hey Jeff..

Whats been going on..??

Bless ya!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I agree with Cant. While good to get things checked out, GI symptoms have absolutely ruled my taper (and forced me to stop it for now, it got out of control and I couldn't handle the GI stuff with other things that needed my attention).

I know i have developed a ton of food intolerances in the last 12 months. Have had to cut out all dairy (I am not lactose intolerant, it is far more than that so all dairy is out). Also having issues with beans, uncooked vegetables, many meats.

Dairy, gluten, sugar can be very irritating and inflammatory and cause problems for many. You may want to try an elimination diet to see what may be triggering symptoms. Something like Paleo, low FODMAP, Whole 30. I am going to try this as soon as I can figure out what i can eat while on an elimination diet. I hope you feel better soon; for me the constant GI distress led to very bad depression.

They Sell it in the GEL form in the Health food stores or on Amazon.

So do you just put a big hunk of gel into water or something? And how much?

Thanks!

Jeff

I just pour out the gel and I drink it!  You want that gel to get into your intestines.  It soothes the tummy and the intestines and heals them. 

Hey Cant,

Jeff

Hi Jeff..

Maybe it gives you hope when I share that my GI has improved significantly of late... It goes backwards with each lyrica wave, but bounces back in no time.. Far from perfect, but this was my dominating problem from way back, as you know...

For my own interest, on a larger topic, can I ask if you have a significant antibiotic history..?? Sorry, I cant see your sig from here...

Howdy! No, no antibiotic history to speak of. I try really hard to stay away from those things. Lots of horror stories out there. A doc tried to put me on a flouroquinolone last year, and I ran really fast the other way.

Have yourself a fantastic 2019. We'll stay in touch!!

Jeff

I just pour out the gel and I drink it!  You want that gel to get into your intestines.  It soothes the tummy and the intestines and heals them.

Sorry to be so dense, but do you drink the entire bottle? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it. I've seen bottles of aloe gel in Walmart for sunburn, etc. Is that what we're to drink?

Jeff

Hey Cant,

Jeff

Hi Jeff..

Howdy! No, no antibiotic history to speak of. I try really hard to stay away from those things. Lots of horror stories out there. A doc tried to put me on a flouroquinolone last year, and I ran really fast the other way.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff...

I hope its your year too...!!

Thanks on the ABs... :)  Good instincts there Imo..  (aside the peramiters of "need"..)

I am reading a book involving antibiotics, which im finding intreaging... I may post a link when finished...

A good day to you Jeff,

-and all Buddies Here...

NJ, -In my thoughts as always...

New to the thread here but not to Benzo WD. Around month 16 I started getting ton of stomach pains that become very crippling. Just looking to see what has helped others. I’ve had Benzo belly from the start of WD but it’s a much different pain and sensation than that.

• 3 weeks later...

It's relieving to see others were also experienced testicle pain during their experiences. I wonder if my chronic epididymitis is actually a result of benzos or WD.

I've been having pain under my lower right ribs, I suppose about where my liver should be, since the beginning of my taper. I notice others mentioning pain in that same area. I've had bloodwork done about a year before I began to taper and it didn't find anything abnormal. I had an ultrasound for my kidneys, but they were in that area under my ribs too, and nothing strange popped out. What could the pain under the lower right ribs be?

Hey Cant,

Jeff

Hi Jeff..

Jeff

Thanks Jeff...

I hope its your year too...!!

Thanks on the ABs... :)  Good instincts there Imo..  (aside the peramiters of "need"..)

I am reading a book involving antibiotics, which im finding intreaging... I may post a link when finished...

A good day to you Jeff,

-and all Buddies Here...

NJ, -In my thoughts as always...

Can't, just seeing this now two weeks after you posted it. Thanks for the thoughts. The 16yo still doesn't feel well, awaiting a blood test result that is supposed to be 90 percent accurate in determining if he has Crohns. i really hope that isn't it, but after 5 months of all this testing, would like an answer. Have other bloodwork Monday. He is on an appetite stimulant for past two weeks and has gained four pounds, so that is an improvement. But that means he is 111 pounds at 5'10", which is very, very, very low for his height. He should be at least in the 140s for a low normal, and that is a long way off.  The med makes him very tired though, so that is frustrating. I just want him to feel better. My therapist has said that certain years of your life are just shit, and I hate that at 16 he is having one of those years now.

My tummy is a bit up and down still, mostly due to stress with him and hormones I think. Just turned 50 so this is an adventure. Still holding the Klonopin and wanting to taper the remeron but a bit afraid to tackle that now.

Hope you are doing okay.