Stomach Healing Support

[So...]

Hi Optimist, I have the pain under my ribs also. I am struggling tapering the Remeron. I had to take it when I did but I’m convinced if you can find something else you will be better off. I really believe that the benzodiazepines and Remeron just compounded my problem however I understand you are suffering with the panic attack’s. How long have you been of the benzo?

Jackie  :smitten: :smitten:

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ul...]

• [NJ...]

• [So...]

• [Ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Optimist, I have the pain under my ribs also. I am struggling tapering the Remeron. I had to take it when I did but I’m convinced if you can find something else you will be better off. I really believe that the benzodiazepines and Remeron just compounded my problem however I understand you are suffering with the panic attack’s. How long have you been of the benzo?

Hey Jackie,

I have been off for 8 mos. Did you find the pain got worse with stress? I can feel it rev up as soon as I get anxious.

Hi Optimist, 8 months is early yet to be off the benzo. Give your body time to heal. Stress makes everything worse. Anxiety will get worse too with stress. I am convinced the rib pain is due to the benzo. Had I known how bad these drugs were I’m not sure I would have taken them. I had social anxiety issues but I believe the benzo after some time made the anxiety worse. Of course I didn’t realize it at the time when I was taking them to feel better. Please give your body some time to heal. It is a very slow process unfortunately.

I know a number of people that have had under right hand side rib pain or lumps... I dont know why though..??

• 2 weeks later...

I know a number of people that have had under right hand side rib pain or lumps... I dont know why though..??

Yes it is soo strange, it seems to be linked with strong emotions for me, especially fear anger and worry. The only clue i have as it feels like it alternates between a "deep itchy pain" to a gnawing pain.

I am having such a hard time sleeping because of the pain.

Hi all! I'm still pretty new to this thread but definitely not new to the taper process. I'm sure this has been answered before, but have any of you dealt with your stomach becoming distended along with just feeling full or dealing with some nausea? I've had bad GI problems throughout this whole taper journey and I think I've had just about every wd symptom out there. I had another colonoscopy and upper endoscopy 6 months back, but I'm done with tests. Recently I started feeling really full and bloated along with some stomach distention and "upset stomach" even though I feel hungry (not to mention gurgling noise). Doesn't make sense!!

Bless all of you!

Yes, bloated and distended abdomen seem common.  I have been having right flank pain - have had blood tests, CT, ultrasounds, etc.  Nothing to account for it.

Why did you get a 2nd upper/lower endoscopy?

I tried for Teo days, an homeopathic remedy for my constipation and I’ve had cramps and chills for four days, has anybody had any experience with these type of remedies.

Thanks!

Yes, bloated and distended abdomen seem common.  I have been having right flank pain - have had blood tests, CT, ultrasounds, etc.  Nothing to account for it.

Why did you get a 2nd upper/lower endoscopy?

Right flank pain? Same here. Well, more discomfort than pain, but still there. I had the ultrasounds etc too, but nothing. I got a second colonoscopy and upper simply due to time and risk. Colon cancer and polyps are in our family (Dad), so I have to stay on top of it. While getting it done, it just made sense to get an upper too in order to check things out. Nothing found. My stomach and distention/bloating is a lot better this week but I really have to watch what I eat. A little heart burn is here too, but doing so-so. The stress of my job seriously effects my ability to taper, heal, deal with sx, etc. My body and sx just don't handle the stress of work very well. We live week to week financially (wife had advanced stage breast cancer) and I have to do whatever possible to make a buck. We'll all survive though!! Hang in there and thanks for reaching back to me.

Bless ya!

I tried for Teo days, an homeopathic remedy for my constipation and I’ve had cramps and chills for four days, has anybody had any experience with these type of remedies.

Thanks!

I'm not even familiar with Teo. I'll have to look it up. Are your cramps, chills etc. due to the taper or some part of your journey?

Hang tight!

Benzo withdrawal creates havoc with the gut. I was diagnosed with 2 gastric ulcers back in 2015, so I will have to be real careful tapering this time. Somedays, like today, I have severe epi gastric pain along with the trapped gas. I never know what brings it on as I eat foods that should not irritate it.

I take gas-ex, DGL, zinc-carnosine, and slippery elm to help.

The trapped gas is a new symptom to me, it started after taking antibiotics for cough and fever.

It starts after I eat my meals.

I get it too, except I have not taken antibiotics in a long time. They can really mess with the gut.

I take the gas ex or Simethicone after eating and usually helps with the pressure that hurts my stomach. It seems like today I am not having much success with it. I never know how my stomach is going to be from one day to the next and that is not being in withdrawal. More the reason to taper very slowly as the stomach is so affected by withdrawal. This too will pass, though. :)

I am waiting my results from my coprologic...

I catched a bacteria or "something" a week ago ,the antiseptic nifuroxazide seemed to make things worse. I am currently taking "enterogermina" (which is a medical grade lactobacillus) sold in Mexico. I think it's italian.. it helped me a lot. They are bacillus clausii spores.

recovery time has been long.

Does anybody have nerve type pain in their stomach area? I have pain alternating with a deep itchy feeling on my right side under my breastbone. Keep wondering if its an ulcer. Its a 6 month wait to see a gastro doctor so I have no clue

Antibiotics are KILLER to a taper. Stay the heck away from those bad boys if at all possible. I think I must be in the 'side effect of the month' club. I've been doing a slow and brutal taper for over 4 years now and this GI stuff went to a whole new level a couple months ago. Truly amazing. I've been to lots of docs and had multiple tests, but not anymore. I'm done chasing sx causes, tests, etc. It's expensive, nerve wracking, and life changing in a negative way. Now I just live through them and move on. Just listen to your hearts and we should all be ok. One hour at a time :)

Blessings to all!!! You'll get there...

Has anyone tried marshmallow root? I am super desperate :(

Gastritis has been a major issue in my taper. Currently taking 60 mg dexilant and I still have to take antiacid:(

Gastritis has been a major issue in my taper. Currently taking 60 mg dexilant and I still have to take antiacid:(

I haven't but I am a big follower of Tierana Low Dog, who is a holistic medical doctor. She recommends a number of things, and marshmallow leaf is one of them. I would actually recommend her book Healthy at Home Get Well and Stay Well without Prescriptions. I have been using her "sleepytime" tincture the last two nights instead of medical marijuana and have slept great.

Hope you feel better.

I haven't but I am a big follower of Tierana Low Dog, who is a holistic medical doctor. She recommends a number of things, and marshmallow leaf is one of them. I would actually recommend her book Healthy at Home Get Well and Stay Well without Prescriptions. I have been using her "sleepytime" tincture the last two nights instead of medical marijuana and have slept great.

Hope you feel better.

I think she is wonderful! Also Dr Weil. I take Marshmallow root, Slippery Elm, and DGl for my

stomach. I will have to get her book.

Hope you feel better.

Wow thank you so much. I am planning on taking it as an alcohol free extract.

I will look it up

Much love

blossom

Hope you feel better.

I think she is wonderful! Also Dr Weil. I take Marshmallow root, Slippery Elm, and DGl for my

stomach. I will have to get her book.

I am having an internal battle with the DGL. I read that it still has like 3% of the glycyrrhizinate in it and it can mess with your blood pressure among other things (my bp is on the limits of “normal”) but I also read a lot of good things about it

How has your experience been with it? Also with slippery elm?

I will really like to know :)

Thanks!!!

Much love

Blossom

I used dgl for a while. My blood pressure is on low end of normal and I don't think I had any problems. It was miraculous. Only needed for a few days and it cured the gerd that my doctor insisted I had. Hope you feel better son. Dr. Low Dog's book talks alot about heartburn and she has alternatives for those who can't do dgl.

My son has been on a PPI for almost a year, and we haven't been able to get him off, but as soon as he is medically stable (he has a diagnosis of Crohn's disease and is a mess), I'll be using these types of supplements to get him off.

I am so depressed because of this. I hope your son can get off the PPI’s soon, I am a mess too.. Is there any advice from that dr online? I don’t have any more money for buying stuff. Between supplements, dr’s visits and studies....my bank account is running low.