• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [el...]

• [si...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin I cut 25 mg of my serq dose today.  Can you in the next few days do a schedule for 2% cuts of serq on titration

I am at 125 am

noon, 150

and nite 150

I HAVE to find a way to get off this and bring the serq down. Please. and thank you. I dont hink I can handle more than that.

I got info on how to titrate just 1%, am going to try that for a few days...

thank you for everyone.. I just pray ( and you too whoever reads this) that the seraquel holds........and I dont have to increase it again, altho I think last time I went too fast...

lynne if you are too unable to keep up with requests for information we are unable to help you.  this has to be a two way street or we may be doing more harm then good.

several times information has been requested of you and you have not answered - that has has greatly hindered any chance of success for you and may even be doing you harm.  several times people have tried to assist you and you have not communicated with them - this has tied our hands.

we have requested that you stabilize before going further - but you have not shown us that you have been stable enough to work with us -

at this point i am not real sure just what we can do.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I quit tapering the serq.at 438.50, am at 40 mg on the valium..big question:

is it seraquel or remeron that makes you hungry.  I ate a big meal and am still hungry.starved..thank you.

Hi, I quit tapering the serq.at 438.50, am at 40 mg on the valium..big question:

is it seraquel or remeron that makes you hungry.  I ate a big meal and am still hungry.starved..thank you.

lyn! You're back! Good Job on the valium!! :thumbsup: Keep it up.

It's seroquel that makes you hungry, though it doesn't do that to me. I only took a small amount though.

Maybe remeron does too, not familiar with that one, but seroquel is famous for it.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know that I forgot to take100 mg of seroquel the other day ( yesterday) figured it out, and got along fine today.  so will hold for a week and take off 25 mg next week. I have dropped valium another 5mg.

I am still having panic/anxiety attack in the afternoons, and I lie down and go to sleep. I dont understand that one at all. take my mid day meds at1:00 pm and 2 hours later I have this attack. I am sure If I told the doctor he would want to put me on more meds.

will up date sig. love to all,

Lynne

Hi Lynne,

I just want to remind you that you struggled before when you tried quitting two or more drugs at once. Might it be more sensible to taper off one drug at a time? It will be less stressful, and if you start to suffer withdrawal symptoms, you will know the cause and can adjust your taper to suit.

Good luck Lynne.

Wow lyn! That's great!! But please don't rush it now, ok? You just went from 40mg to 30mg in a very short period of time it looks like.

And as Colin says, why don't you finish your valium taper and then tackle the seroquel?

But anyway, I am really proud of you and happy for you.  :smitten: 

Hi Eljay,

I think the seroquel is covering the effects of w/d on the valium, does that make sense?? waiting to hear from Colin, about titrating the seroquel.(Like your kitty).

lynne

Isn't that a cute kitty?  :smitten: Not mine, I got the pic here!

Lyn, yes it makes absolute sense that the seroquel is helping cover the valium wd sx. That is why it would be so much better for you to just stay on the seroquel until you are completely done with your valium taper. Please do this lyn!

I think Colin has told you the same thing in the past. You will be successful if you tackle one drug at a time. You are doing so well with you valium taper, don't blow it by pushing it! I know you are feeling great right now, but if you continue with both tapers, I think you will end up struggling big time again, and may end up reinstating again. I know you don't want this to happen!

So please believe us and take our advice.

When you are off the valium, we can discuss a seroquel taper, ok??  ;) 

if you do one at a time, you will be off both faster, in the long run.

By the way Lyn, at what rate and amount are you cutting your valium right now?

Hi Lynne,

I replied to your PM a couple of hours ago. Specific support should be addressed on the open forum. The PM system is there more for friendship, chat, and general moral support. Questions about specific tapering or withdrawal needs and problems should be posted on the forum boards.

If you feel Seroquel helps you through your Valium taper, why not stick at your present dose of Seroquel for now and taper off after you have quit Valium? You failed in your last taper where you tried to come off both these meds at the same time.

Hi Colin, eljay

Ok ok, I will stay at250 mg of serq.I am at 300 right now, will cut 50 nxt weekend.  I am tapering 5 mg/week on the valium currently at 30 mg., so the time will approach quickly on the time for tapering the serq.  thank you all so much.

love, Lynne

Lyn, keep in mind that as you get lower, that 5mg is going to account for a larger and larger percentage of your cut. Therefore you will probably need to decrease the amount of your cuts soon. Don't rush it, ok?

Colin or anyone,

I dropped the Paxil and remeron to zero. no repercusions, I am dropping valium by 5 mg a week at 30 mg right now.. I need a titration schedule for seroquel asap, starting at 250 and dropping by 5%...Appreciate your attention to this asap..

thanks..Lynne  I am doing fine. because the serq is covering the valium...

I am doing fine. because the serq is covering the valium...

Lyn, this is exactly why you need to hold the seroquel until you are done with your valium taper.

Colin has told you before that he cannot give you a seroquel titration, because he does not know enough about this drug. He does benzo titration schedules. He can't do this for you.

I also gotta tell you, I took some crushed seroquel a few days ago, and it made me very ill. it can be cut, but I don't believe it can be crushed.

If you really want to taper it now, just taper by 25mg every couple of weeks. you don't need a liquid titration to do this. if you only have 100mg pills, just quarter them.

But I would really urge you to hold off on tapering this just yet. Especially since you just dropped paxil and remeron without tapering!  When did you do this? The repercussions may have not hit you yet. I'm not trying to scare you, just telling you to proceed with caution.  :)