Important Survey - Please Participate ×

ceeelyns titration thread

[ce...]

Hey, you are right, Eljay.

The important thing, Ceeelyn, is for you to start a taper that you can manage and gives you the confidence to stick with it.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [el...]

• [si...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyn, i think you are on way too much now. Why did you increase it so much, sweety?

This could be alot of your anxiety problem. Please, try to stick with what you were on. Wasn't it around 250?

yes, I am totally out of control dont know what to do. going to dr. but he will say to take more.  Panic sets in, cant breathe, tight, at 5 or 6o clock, someone help me.

Hi Lyn

Your getting a lot of good support,  the problem with switching around your doses and tapering 2 or 3 drugs at the same time, is no one knows whats causing the problems. I think its been said but you need to settle on a consistent dose of all your drugs, then since I think everyone agrees ,attack the benzo first.

You must realize there are no medical professionals here, with the exclusion I think of eljay, but I'm not sure if she wants that label.

We can only give you are experiences, Colin is the most knowledgeable person on benzos that I know, so try and hear what he's saying.

Take care

Bob

You must realize there are no medical professionals here, with the exclusion I think of eljay, but I'm not sure if she wants that label.

No Bob, I'm not here in that capacity! It wouldn't be legal anyway, cuz I have to be under a doctor. Besides, my license is inactive at the moment. I know I mention my status now and then, but usually only to point out some anectdotal experience that I had/observed in my nursing practice.  :)

Lynne,

Dear, did you know that panic and anxiety are side effects of the drugs that you are on?  I beg you to try and get things under controll.  Settle on a dose of both valium and seroquel.  Don't try and taper anymore until you are stable.  When you have done that we can talk about tapering your valium again.  You need to calm down and get ahold of where you are in taking your meds. You cannot keep seesawing your doses back and forth. Your poor brain and body are becoming over taxed.  Get comfortable with a dose of both meds that you can tolerate and then let us know what that is. 

Hugs  :smitten: :smitten:

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

just now coming out of it, the panic , after taking mid day dose, then it will hit again in the evening..I feel like I could still taper the val

lynne i am sure you can but you will need someone who you will listen to and who can work with us - either that or get stable first.

this will require a real commitment on your part and someone with a clear head to guide you.

it is not good to be juggling so many meds going up and down all the time.

so take a break.

there is room for change but lynne change is all you do - you are not making progress and you may be placing yourself in harms way with all the alterations.

if you could find a sane therapist to work with, a friend or your husband.

you need someone to turn to when you are confused that can keep you on track - help you with your meds - coach you when you get confused or are having a hard time.

it is the jumping back and forth in your doses of different meds and being to unable to follow instructions that is so confusing and frustrating.

no one knows if your other meds are throwing you off or what - we don't even know if you are titrating correctly.

make a plan and stick to it - and find someone who is with you to help - we can work with someone you feel comfortable with.

and when you find someone there to work with - please taper instead of titrating - titration is too confusing and unnecessary at the dose you are currently on.

get stable check back when you have someone to help ;)

1. get stable

2. get someone to help you

3. reduce benzo's only

ok i will see how today goes, had to up dose 350 , going to split the noon doe to two, one at11 and then at 2 ( the seroquel. ) yes I was tapering right. I think I went too fast had to up dose,

dr says if I complain again he will up dose the valium. I need help. am having to hidet the true amount of what I am taking from hubby.  I am on 65 mg valium to get stable

I am sorry you have doctor like this...it does not help matters does it?    Is there any possibility of finding a more sensitve doctor that could help you?  We are here for you as much as we can be.  Taking more and more drugs may not help, especially when you are trying to get off.  Do you have any distractions during the day Lyn?  Janus

What are you selling Lyn?  How does it work and how do you do it?  Do you take a percentage...just wondering.  Good for you.  Janus

lynne maybe you will find that solid spot to stand on - we all quake at times - but we have to find that one spot that keeps us focused enough to move forward - not back.

i know it is hard if you cannot find support.

well on ebay: if you are at a distance, send me a pic, I write up a description from what you describe, put it on auction, charge 25%, cause you would have to ship it.

If you are local, I ship it and charge more depending on the item and how much packing has to go into it.

NOW:  this is driving me insane... I took 125, 75, and a mid afternoon dose of seroquel,of 100. the panic hit 1 hr after I took the dose. I took it and 2 hours later I was knocked out.

tomorrow I plan on 100 75,75 and 75. going to take 75 toonite...cant get stable..........I may have to call the dr. and do what he says.

Hi Lyn,

It takes 45 minutes for seroquel to kick in, so it sounds to me like the seroquel may be triggering your panic. It may also knock you out, but may initially cause panic.

Please do no let your doc increase your medication, or add anything new. Lyn, be strong and stand up to him. You dont have to be mean, but just let him know that you want to have some say in your own health care. Don't let anyone bully you. This is YOUR life, sweety. 

I am back. trying to find stability.  it is 5:49 in the evening and havaent had a panic.  please stick with me. trying to find the right doseage... it has been... h***( that bad place)

love lyn