• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [el...]

• [si...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry lynn, I only just now saw your shouts about going to the chat room. To be honest, I've never been in chat and don't even know how to get there, lol!

I'm not crazy about the idea, because I have a hard time sitting for long periods and typing. I'm more of a hit and run poster. :laugh:

eljay, its ok I made it thru, now I pray that I wont have to increase the serq AGAIN> I am going to hold the valium where I am for just a few days to make sure this doesnt happen. I am sure its coming from the serqu. I think it takes me about an hour or maybe a little more for the serq to kick in.. did anyone ever hear from a gal named Faith???

thanks and have a good day.

Lynn

I updosed to

am 51.5,

noon 10

nite  30

I am at 250 mg serq now, I have to wait to see what happens tonight.

I need to hold here for a while.

I need a new chart now.. I will wait and see what happens tonite.

love,

Lyn

Hi Lyn, I"m not sure i understood your post. Did you updose your valium too?? Gosh, I sure hope not!

I can't help you with a new chart, I think Colin needs to do that, and he's not here right now.

yes I did. i am holding...

Why don't you NOT updose, and just hold? Lyn, you don't need to updose. You aren't going to get anywhere if you do this. You need to move forward, my friend.

I believe you were down to 46mg, or something like that. So now you are back at 51.5? you updosed 5mg.?

Please reconsider this Lyn. It's not to late to return to your titration dose that you were at.

I updosed to

am 51.5,

noon 10

nite  30

Ok sorry Lynn, I see you did not updose 5mg. But I don't understand what you wrote here. Aren't you at 51.5mg TOTAL?

The way you have written it here, it looks like you are on 91.5mg. Please tell me this is wrong!

lynne is it possible to get your friend or someone to post here on your behalf - it seems like you are skipping all over and it is hard for people to help you.

i know this is hard because you are on so many different drugs - but until you are able to focus it may be best to have your friend come on here to help you.

is that possible?

i know you insist on titration and i know you are smart and have lots of education - but until your mind clears it may be just to much to do at this time.

i would also recommend that you get a pill organizer if you do not already have one to better track dosages and medications.

i have a pill organizer ... I have to start over, had to add 100 mg toserq.  very bad reaction so I had to add it.. going to dr. this week, I hope it doesnt happen again tonite.. pray for me..

thank you

Hi Ceeelyn,

Realistically, the cuts you had made to your Valium were so small, and so recent (cuts to you Valium dose take time to have an effect because of its long half-life), it will have had no effect upon you. However, the fear you experience is very real, so I understand why you paniced and reversed your cuts. I do think it would help you if you withdrew from one drug at a time. This way if you experience a problem, you will better be able to determin the cause and how to tackle it. You need to be in control of your withdrawal, and first you must feel in control. Your Valium dose is high, so you should be able to make small cuts by pill-splitting alone. You will need to obtain the 2mg tablets (you can use them in combination with your 10mg tablets), so that you can make these small cuts. Remember, because Valium has a long half-life, it has an in-built taper effect. A small cut should hardly be noticed, if noticed at all. Additional cuts do mount up, so your overall taper rate will need to be monitored, but we will help you do this. A slow rate of withdrawal should cause you few problems. When you dose is lower, you might then use titration to make the smaller cuts you will require at that stage. Hopefully, at that time, because you will be taking significantly less Valium, you will better understand titration and feel more in control of your withdrawal. Put together a plan, then implement it - we will help. Remember, if you have anxiety or panic attack, it will pass, and is probably nothing to do with your withdrawal, not at the kind of taper rates you use.

ok. but I have to get stable on this new dose of serq . first. will let you know what happens.. I had to go way up on valium, start over.....sorry to let you down and myself...

love, lyn

:o please do not go way up on valium - you are either in this or not - i would strongly advise you not to increase your valium at this time.

you are trying to balence two drugs - STICK TO ONE - if you have to go up on seoquel then do that - but to start all over on valium is not advisable.

at some point no matter how confused you feel you need to make a commitment and stick to it.

i wil be at 50 mg total valium tomorrow..

10 -- am

10-- noon

30-- nite.

please help me with a schedule..

thank you Silver, and see if colin can help? I will be ok.

good morning lynne - a moderator should be by to help you.

please print out their schedule when they make it out.

this is what i would do on a cut -

i would first fill my pill box up with the "uncut" doses - then i would make enough cuts for a week - and then put the cut dose in my pill box ;)

i have two weeks worth of pill boxes - which helped cause i would get so scattered doing this - it was just easier to do it for two weeks.

lynne, you need to get 2mg pills like Colin said, before we can make you a dry cutting taper schedule. Cutting 10mg pills would be too big of a cut. If you can get 2mg pills, you can make smaller cuts.

But you would still be taking some of the 10mg pills

So, starting at 50mgs, here is your first taper dose. I am only giving you the first dose for now so as not to complicate things. You are to take this dose every day for a week or two.

four 10mg pills. (40 mg)

3 quarters of a 10mg pill. (7.5mg)

one 2mg pill. (2mg)

The total is 49.5mg.

This is your daily dose.

Take this amount every day for about 10 days. 

If this is understandable for you, I will write you out a daily schedule, showing you exactly the amount to take every day. ;)

Hi Eljay,

You might want to look at your numbers again. That is 1% cut. If that is done every 10 days, the taper will take 1,000 days complete, and that is assuming Ceeelyn doesn't make smaller cuts as here taper progresses! :-X

Having said that, Ceeelyn, the actual amount suggested by Eljay are spot-on for a gentle taper. The only difference is that you would probably be able to make these cuts every 3-5 days and hardly notice them at all. You might find, after a while, you feel more confident and cut even faster, but the first thing to do is start at rate that is going to give you this confidence.

When you make your next cut, it will be the same as before, but instead use just three-quarters of the 2mg pill (1.5mg). This will take your total dose down to 49mg. Once you have made a few cuts, I, Eljay, or one of the others will write up a schedule for you so that you know how much to take at each new cut.

Hi Eljay,

You might want to look at your numbers again. That is 1% cut. If that is done every 10 days, the taper will take 1,000 days complete, and that is assuming Ceeelyn doesn't make smaller cuts as here taper progresses! :-X

Oops, I was just looking at the present and getting her going, and forgot to figure in the end date  :-[