• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [el...]

• [si...]

• [Co...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynn, why don't you take a warm bath, and try to do some deep, slow breathing? Or, since you are in CA(right?), maybe you could bundle up and go for a brisk walk and look at the stars (its clear here in No Cal) . Honestly , you would be surprised how effective this is. It will pass, just remind yourself of this. Your fear is perpetuating the panic, lose the fear, and the panic will reduce, and maybe even subside.   

hi lynne sorry i missed your shout out.

try this when stressed.

inhale slowly - but deeply down to the bottom of your lungs through you nose to the count of 4

hold for one second or more

now open your mouth and exhale through your mouth (blowing) slowly to the count of 4 - breath from your abdominal till your tummy collapses

hold for one sec or more.

repeat 4 x's

it is not unusual to get dizzy doing this until you get used to it - it brings oxygen into your body.

when we are scared we shallow breath starving our bodies of oxygen.

i place my hand on my abdominal to make sure i am exhaling properly when i do this.

if you do this through out the day it becomes automatic.

I have tried all those things.... Colin, can you help me make up a liquid tritration of serq of 10 mg, so I can take that, instead of 12.5  I took 12.5 at 5:49 pm, waited an hour, took a walk, deep breathing, did nto work.  I took another 12.5 and it knocked me out.. I think I am gettig close to being stable.. can you make up 10 mg out of liquid, maybe it wont knock me out..... useing 200 mg cylinder. please help me with this.... or anyone else. I am desparate. desparately trying to control this. how would I make up a liquid amount with 10 mg. in it.

hi lynne - i think colin is sleeping right now - he isn't in america.

it is pretty late here i don't know when someone will be on to help you.  please try to rest now and check back in the morning.

i will be back in the morning, I was thinking of making up a titration of 10 mg serq, so it doesnt knock me out.  perhaps 50 ml water, crush a 20 mg tablet, and pour out enogh to make ten mg.  can someone other than colin figure out how to do that???I have 20 mg, and 100 mg. tabs.please try to help me with this.

i will be back in the morning, I was thinking of making up a titration of 10 mg serq, so it doesnt knock me out.  perhaps 50 ml water, crush a 20 mg tablet, and pour out enogh to make ten mg.  can someone other than colin figure out how to do that???I have 20 mg, and 100 mg. tabs.please try to help me with this.

Lyn, I am not the titration expert, but what you describe doing would work fine. Crush a 20mg, mix with water, shake it well and immediately drink HALF of it.

Lyn,

Can't you just break a 20 mg pill in half? I am thinking that you must be breaking them anyway, since you are taking 12.5 mg as one dose.

tanya

Tanya is right, and it just dawned on me that I think they only come in 100mg and 25mg.

The 25mg's are very small, and odd shaped, not easy to cut, I understand that. But are you certain that you have 20mg pills? I need to look that up.

Hi Ceeelyn,

I've just picked up your messages.

As I've explained before, I'm unwilling to post instructions for a Seraquil taper. I have no know;ledge about the drug, so it would be irresponsible for me to work up a taper schedule for you. Is your Seraquil dosing stable? If not, I suggest that you first stabilise your dose before starting a taper.

Earlier in this thread, I posted some generic instructions for titration: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=6524.msg66125#msg66125. I suggest that you use them as a basis for working up a titration schedule. Remember, there is nothing magical about titration - it just allows you to make smaller cuts than can be achieved by pill-splitting. I don't know if such an approach is even warrented when withdrawing from Seraquil - as I said, I know nothing about the drug.

I dont want to taper seraquel, I want to go ahead with the valium taper, no matter what, I am on 60 mg of valium right now.. please please help me with a dry taper schedule on valium

lynne i think a valium taper would be so much more manageable.

do you have two weeks work of pill containers (1) week each container? that way you can measure out 2 weeks worth w/o fretting on your dosage.

colin or anyone, dr wants me to switch to remeron from trazodone, he says it is less constipating and will help cover the serq. I am scared of switching.  still having panic evenings.

Lynn, we really try to avoid giving non benzo advice, unless it is something we are quite familiar with and feel comfortable.

If you are doing ok on traz, I don't really see the point of switching. I think you want to get off all this stuff eventually, not just switch around. And switching around can cause problems too.

Hi Lynn,

If you post your present daily dose of Valium (and individual doses during the day), I will give you some directions for a pill-splitting taper. I assume that you are still using 10mg tablets. They are not ideal, but should be fine for the moment since your dose is high.

I cannot advise you about the switch to Remeron from Trazodone - I have no personal experience to draw upon. Your doctor indicated that it should help 'cover the Serq' - is that Seraquil? Does this mean you are stopping Seraquil too?